The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 15 December 2017 - 07:16 PM

And it failed....miserably.
Not only did the message he supposedly intended went over people's heads....AGAIN....., but he also attacked the problem from the wrong angle. "I am not sexist, I made Salad the main character of this short manga," but Sakura is still an obsessive housewife who everyone thinks is useless. Man, Kishimoto is worse than Marvel when it comes to listening to what fans actually want.
Marvel has this big PR problem with SJW and diversity in Marvel profits. Marvel assumes that the reason why they are losing sales is because as they claim "people aren't into diversity and are racist, sexist, and etc." Wrong. People are just sick and tired of them focusing on too much diversity and not actually finishing a story arc. They keep printing more and more stories with most not getting an ending or not enough time to invest in the comic or the characters before they change it again. Fans are telling them to slow down and take their time making good stories and Marvel just kittenes back that people are too racists/sexist and against diversity. Essentially, SJWs are runing...

I'm not sure how I missed this post, but yea Marvel is being disgusting lately. In fact so is IDW and basically everything BUT DC.

They allow their employees to go on Twitter/Facebook or w/e and badmouth critics and consumers alike, incessantly preach their political opinions in comics and online, and Turn captain America into a Nazi hydra agent, ect.

It's not being termed "Comicsgate." Half my Twitter comments are regarding this BS.

Makes Me glad I haven't bought a marvel comic in like 10 years.

Edited by Tsuki Hoshino, 15 December 2017 - 07:17 PM.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#47542 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 07:24 PM

For someone everyone claims is the "heroine," she doesn't do anythign heroic. I mean, she sends Bolt to go save her husband and not go herself. At least Sakura went after Salad and fought Shin. Hinata can't even go outside of her house without Naruto saying so.

Ah, you are forgetting my friend, for this toxic fandom and the remaining fans of this garbage waste dump of a series, "Heroine" is the girl that gets the hero's p-kitten, not the girl that is heroic. :zaru:  :lmao:

Actually scratch that. Hinata is the real main character of this series!!!!! How could I not see that!!!??? :roll:

Edited by Phantom_999, 23 December 2017 - 04:11 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#47543 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 07:33 PM

Anakin just kind of gave up after Padme died. The whole idea of him joining the dark side was he wanted to save his true love's life. After she died, he fell and gave up on existence. He just did whatever. Does this excuse his actions? No, but when he found out his son was alive he found hope again. His children lived and it brought him back from the dark side.

This is sort of similar to Obito if you think about with Madara being Palpatine. A guy is food by a rotting old man that he can be with his love forever. At first he rejects the man because he keeps it real, but as soon as she dies and he falls from grace...he becomes a pawn of Madara just so he can be with his love again.

Yeah, and like Palpatine did with Anakin, Madara had manipulated Obito using the events and such that led to his being his pawn. But honestly, how Anakin was was also driven by believing the lie he had killed Padme, when really it was more like she died of a broken heart from seeing what became of him, even when she saw Luke and Leia. Yet she still believed in there being good in him, something Luke took on too.

Honestly though, Anakin's story is even more tragic when you see it from the prequels, the  Clone Wars series (both of them), and the Clone Wars movie, which gives you big insight into it. With Obito, I felt as if his being Madara's Anakin to his Palpatine seemed pretty damn dumb and shoehorned in.

#47544 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,249 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 15 December 2017 - 07:57 PM

Ohoho definetly, Vader was  aware of what he became, and he never asked for forgiveness over his actions(Not that I remember at least) ,Boruto's Dad became the embodiment of what he fought against all his life too, but since the studio producing the sequel anime doesn't even care about that, we are to assume he doesn't either.
Since I grew up with the prequels, I don't consider them that bad (besides the horrible dialogue of some scenes, obvs) but I can say I'd take Vader's arc anytime over any Naruto's character arc.
Also:

Say what you want about the prequels, but this scene between Anakin and Obi-wan has more heart than any bs, Kishi came to justificate Naruto and Sasuke's "bond".

Ya that scene is a great scene and obi-wan has alot of heart and passion in it and you can hear the sadness in his voice over what he just did to he's best friend and Ewan really prorated that well. This was a better final fight than naruto and Sasuke and this was a better friendship than those two.

#47545 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,249 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 15 December 2017 - 08:00 PM

Yeah, and like Palpatine did with Anakin, Madara had manipulated Obito using the events and such that led to his being his pawn. But honestly, how Anakin was was also driven by believing the lie he had killed Padme, when really it was more like she died of a broken heart from seeing what became of him, even when she saw Luke and Leia. Yet she still believed in there being good in him, something Luke took on too.

Honestly though, Anakin's story is even more tragic when you see it from the prequels, the  Clone Wars series (both of them), and the Clone Wars movie, which gives you big insight into it. With Obito, I felt as if his being Madara's Anakin to his Palpatine seemed pretty damn dumb and shoehorned in.

Yes thank you obito and Madara are lamer versions of vader and Palpatine. Plus Palpatine is smart than Madara especially in the prequels. Anakin is a tragic character and obito is a whiney kitten. Plus vader's redemption was better handled than obito's.

#47546 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:14 AM

Ohoho definetly, Vader was  aware of what he became, and he never asked for forgiveness over his actions(Not that I remember at least) ,Boruto's Dad became the embodiment of what he fought against all his life too, but since the studio producing the sequel anime doesn't even care about that, we are to assume he doesn't either.

Since I grew up with the prequels, I don't consider them that bad (besides the horrible dialogue of some scenes, obvs) but I can say I'd take Vader's arc anytime over any Naruto's character arc.

Also:

Say what you want about the prequels, but this scene between Anakin and Obi-wan has more heart than any bs, Kishi came to justificate Naruto and Sasuke's "bond".

Yeah, I place more of the blame on the script and the way the actors were directed, but I still overall enjoyed the prequels and absolutely loved The Last Jedi (just saw it). I just ignore the nostalgia-blinded fans who seem to think virtually anything besides the original trilogy should be absolutely hated (besides what they say people should like).

And yet, he gets on Boruto's ass for cheating: Hypocrisy, thy name is Boruto's Dad.  *looks over at Izuku and Asta* Never look to this guy as an example, kids.  At least not after the last two chapters of his manga and the spin-off series.

Izuku: I...think that goes without saying.

Asta: There's no way in hell I'm ending up like this kitten. 

Which seems to show how Naruto was never truly about "ninja" XP

2e5.gif

#47547 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:55 AM

eh, star wars is dead to me since rogue one. don't care to see disney star wars.

#47548 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:44 AM

The nice thing about rogue one was that everyone died.

Except the robot. That was sad.

#47549 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:58 AM

The nice thing about rogue one was that everyone died.

Except the robot. That was sad.

Plus that epic Darth Vader part at the end he would guck both Naruto and Sasuke up and force chock Hinata while doing so.

#47550 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:45 AM

im interested in this

#47551 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 04:05 AM

Last Jedi feels like it's a response to people clamoring for a more mature Star Wars. It chucks away the old Jedi order that we saw in the prequels (since Anakin needed a reason to be disillusioned with the Jedi to facilitate his fall), but at the end there are still one Jedi using the force for good as we should still believe in what they stood for. They reject the idea of the heroes sacrificing themselves for their cause a la Rogue One. We have the moments that try to make things seem a little more gray, but it snaps back to being good guys vs. baddies. Luke returns to being the legend rather than being someone broken up about his past experiences and failings. It's Star Wars rejecting all those things to once again be a simple story of hope for children.

Meanwhile, Boruto wants to return to Papa's roots but got lost somewhere along the way with the changing messages.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#47552 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 04:15 AM

Honestly, just like Naruto, every addition to the movie franchise just seems to muddle Star Wars up even further, making it an aesthetically nice mess, but a mess none the less.

#47553 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 04:25 AM

Well let's be honest, Star Wars was always a story for kids. Only some writers tried to make it mature in the expanded universe. And only one truly succeed.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#47554 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 04:30 AM

Well let's be honest, Star Wars was always a story for kids. Only some writers tried to make it mature in the expanded universe. And only one truly succeed.

Well, they had Hayden Christensen slaughter a bunch of defenseless 6 year olds in episode 3. It was great for the whole family.

#47555 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 16 December 2017 - 09:04 AM

Jump Festa is just two weeks away. The question is will Kishi make another appearance?

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#47556 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 10:10 AM

Plus that epic Darth Vader part at the end he would guck both Naruto and Sasuke up and force chock Hinata while doing so.

Epic yeah, but then it makes me think back to Episode IV and his fight with Obi-Wan and...ugh...lol

Last Jedi feels like it's a response to people clamoring for a more mature Star Wars. It chucks away the old Jedi order that we saw in the prequels (since Anakin needed a reason to be disillusioned with the Jedi to facilitate his fall), but at the end there are still one Jedi using the force for good as we should still believe in what they stood for. They reject the idea of the heroes sacrificing themselves for their cause a la Rogue One. We have the moments that try to make things seem a little more gray, but it snaps back to being good guys vs. baddies. Luke returns to being the legend rather than being someone broken up about his past experiences and failings. It's Star Wars rejecting all those things to once again be a simple story of hope for children.

Meanwhile, Boruto wants to return to Papa's roots but got lost somewhere along the way with the changing messages.

Yeah, there were several things that stood out for me that USED to be some things Naruto tried to relay...

- Don't be completely shackled by the past or you just repeat history. (What clearly is happening with Boruto now.)

- You can forge your own future, for better or for worse. (Something Boruto's dad just threw away.)

- There's always a time and place for various actions.

Well, they had Hayden Christensen slaughter a bunch of defenseless 6 year olds in episode 3. It was great for the whole family.

You also notice how the kid in front who asks him what they should do looked like what he probably looked like when he was a little younger than Episode I, so in a way, it's like another way of how he "destroys Anakin Skywalker".

2e5.gif

#47557 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,425 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 16 December 2017 - 08:25 PM

Dear god the Reylo shippers are having a field day right now after what happened  in the Last jedi. 

Sorry, but that would just be one of dumbest moves in storytelling I'd even go as far as saying it's just as bad as SasuSaku. It's just something I needed to get off my chest because it's reminding me of the romance in Naruto, and that's not what I wanna see again. 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#47558 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 08:49 PM

Jump Festa is just two weeks away. The question is will Kishi make another appearance?

Why would he show up? He has nothing to do with Boruto since he left that story a while back. Unless he wants to keep running his mouth with BS and worthless lies regarding the ending to his manga. :zaru:

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#47559 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:27 AM

You know I've kinda been having the same feelings about how Star Wars is being handled right now. Like I don't mind that we're getting the sequel trilogy cause I do find it interesting, but i feel the spin off movies are what's making it loose it's magic. 

I mean as far as the shows go I love Rebels like out of everything we've gotten so far from the curren Star Wars era Rebels is definitely one of the best things to come out from it specially since you got Dave Faloni on board the same guy that did the Clone Wars show I mean damn like we're talking about someone who made Anakin a much more likeable and dynamic character and his relationship with Padme and being a mentor to Ahsoka the deep bonds with Obiwan like wow and make no mistake I've always liked Anakin as a character even with the execution of the prequels. 

I mean this trailer always gets me and I mean Season 2 and 3 are amazing, haven't seen 4 yet going to soon.  

I honestly feel the new Star wars Movies feel less personal now given how it's a film corporations agenda running the star wars franchise instead of one man's vision (whether you agreed with that vision is entirely up to you).

I'd still argue The Clone wars is better, because it felt like they were willing to take more risks than rebels, but I still think is good.

Luckychi with eason do you think is better between 2 & 3? 

Anakin just kind of gave up after Padme died. The whole idea of him joining the dark side was he wanted to save his true love's life. After she died, he fell and gave up on existence. He just did whatever. Does this excuse his actions? No, but when he found out his son was alive he found hope again. His children lived and it brought him back from the dark side.

This is sort of similar to Obito if you think about with Madara being Palpatine. A guy is food by a rotting old man that he can be with his love forever. At first he rejects the man because he keeps it real, but as soon as she dies and he falls from grace...he becomes a pawn of Madara just so he can be with his love again.

I would also argue that Anakin fell to the dark because he also saw no difference between the Jedi and Sith by the end of the Prequel Trilogy. After all during the scene between him Mace and Palpatine, Mace went against the Jedi code of not killing and unarmed man when he attempted to with Paplatine saying he was to dangerous to be kept alive is the same words Palpatine said to anakin after he killed Count Doku when he felt conflicted because that was not what jedi should do because of their code. So now that Anakin sees that the is no difference in how the jedi and sith deal with their enemies nor how they cling on to their power, so why not join the side that promises to save the love of his live as that's all he has left now that everything he knows and was told about the jedi is a lie from his point of view.

I never really had a problem with Obito's main motivation and starting point of his fall was the death of his love Rin, I think the problem with it was the execution particularly with the three tails (Which shouldn't it be with the 4th Mizukage at this point, given how the mist is still called the blood mist at this point?). I feel that instead of just sacrificing her life to save the village, it should of been the village abandoned her when they thought she was a lost cause and not worth sacrificing the man power to save her, but when they learn she could be a weapon to help the village win the war then they go an attempt to retrieve her.

She learns this becomes deluded with the village given how no one cares about except Minato and Kakshi (because their her teacher and teammate) and chooses to have her life taken at that moment by having an enemy ninja accidentally kill (only went wrong on her part and have it accidentally be Kakashi that kills realising what guilt she will inflict upon him in her final moments). Obitio learns this and concludes the leaf village and all their talks about comrades and the will fire passing to the next generation is a lie and takes up Madara offer of a new world where none of this stuff ever happens to Rin, but not before tearing the world that made her suffer down by any means possible.

#47560 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:39 AM

Why would he show up? He has nothing to do with Boruto since he left that story a while back. Unless he wants to keep running his mouth with BS and worthless lies regarding the ending to his manga. :zaru:

Possibly, or he could be pressured into making an appearance by WSJ.  After all, he's considered the public face of Boruto and they can't afford to give up the illusion to the audience that his contributions to the franchise are vast, when in reality, they are meager at best.  Remember, they wouldn't let him go to work on his sci-fi manga and kept him on as an editor because if word got out that he wasn't involved with Boruto, the manga would collapse by itself because it would essentially be considered a doujinshi.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users