54188 replies to this topic

#40341 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:24 AM

Those who were disrespecting fellow NS fans they know who they are.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#40342 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:28 AM

NaruHina and SasuSaku happening in the end will ultimately define everything this series had. Everything we've seen in this series... If anyone new rewatched Naruto, you wouldn't be able to explain why Sasuke never showed interest in Sakura, why Sakura held on to her weak love for Sakura, why Naruto's PoaL to Sakura and selfless love and sacrifice for Sakura got wasted away, why Sakura's true admiration and hints at romantic love for Naruto were ignored, why Naruto had all those goals and ambitions where basically none of them came true, where Sasuke seems to get so much attention for being the antagonist and making Naruto, Sakura, and everyone miserable, having Hinata be in the shadows with no relevant interaction with Naruto whatsoever throughout the whole manga, where they actually kept a conversation going. Nothing.

And then you tell them SS and NH ends up being canon. How do you add that up? No one is EVER gonna forget about this. This leaves a scar on us, and the series, and it's whole entire fandom, and all the themes, and all the development that Kishi loved to emphasize so much - not just between Naruto and Sasuke. Gaara, Lee, Neji, Hinata, and... Sakura.

The one female character that Naruto has ever prioritized near the top of his life. Hinata played no part.

So NaruHina becomes canon.

Sasuke played no part in Sakura's development, her happiness, her personality. Where was Sasuke this whole time?

So SasuSaku becomes canon.

What. The.  F***.

We can't just turn our back on this and hope it never happened. Hope it will fade away into life. No way. We will always remember this ending. This crappy ending. Everyone will have this ending. Everyone will be lead on to thinking they're seeing something that makes sense. It will never make sense, no matter how NH fans and SS fans twist it. 

We were right in our choice in pairing. We were never kittening wrong.

Kishi messed up bad. He messed up horribly.

Well to be honest I kinda like NH even though yeah it doesn't make sense to me and its weird (not trying to bash) but SS I'm like wow anything but that if it was SasuKarin or SasuIno I would be fine with that

#40343 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:33 AM

Well to be honest I kinda like NH even though yeah it doesn't make sense to me and its weird (not trying to bash) but SS I'm like wow anything but that if it was SasuKarin or SasuIno I would be fine with that

Yeah same. NaruHina I'll handle. SasuSaku is complete BS though. I don't like SasuKarin and SasuIno either though. Would they really be the kinds of girls Sasuke would ever be into?

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#40344 Elicit

Elicit

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:Mainly Video Games (mostly RPGs/Platformers/retro stuff), Music, Anime/Manga, Debating

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:39 AM

Maybe we should have known to expect asspulls like the NH and SS fans? That's what all of their arguments boiled down to... waiting for the asspull. It's not really like any of those ships were ever truly sailing as there was never really any basis for romantic reciprocation other than the outward display of the girl's feelings.

Edited by Elicit, 06 November 2014 - 02:39 AM.

#40345 FaceLess

FaceLess

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Being a badass!

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:47 AM

I can't believe you guys are criticising his entire work based on his choice of pairings, we may not like it, but the romance bit is just a sub plot nothing more, I think Kishi is a great writer, who made millions of people his fan, based on Naruto

tumblr_static_tumblr_m4a37xocyc1qdfdg1o3

#40346 GreenKyuubi

GreenKyuubi

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:49 AM

Guys is it even possible that they sketched several endings on paper to then decide on the official one, also kinda making it memorable and then at some point somebody leaked one of them out? Not sure if that even happens in Japan. I follow a few mangas but this is the first time I've done it fervently and I'm seeing it ending. The other ones are still ongoing so not sure if that's even feasible.

Edited by GreenKyuubi, 06 November 2014 - 02:52 AM.

#40347 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:53 AM

@faceless
Pairing is the only thing that make me hook because I try to make sense all of plot hole he made in his manga. If not for NS I will drop this manga ages ago because I don't read yaoi manga.

Edited by rocci, 06 November 2014 - 02:53 AM.

#40348 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:Birds.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:57 AM

I can't believe you guys are criticising his entire work based on his choice of pairings, we may not like it, but the romance bit is just a sub plot nothing more, I think Kishi is a great writer, who made millions of people his fan, based on Naruto

Thats your opinion.

I will agree that he wrote part 1 better than the shippuden garbage.

Edited by Sedna, 06 November 2014 - 02:58 AM.

#40349 Elicit

Elicit

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:Mainly Video Games (mostly RPGs/Platformers/retro stuff), Music, Anime/Manga, Debating

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:03 AM

What do you expect us to do? It's like these pairings came out of nowhere. While his story was enjoyable, his series is filled with asspulls and I didn't expect him to do it with the romance bit while treating our pairing as a red herring all along to asspull romantic attraction from the guys that, to the average reader, shouldn't make any sense.

#40350 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:08 AM

please don't drag ladygt into this. she's the LAST person who would do this.

I know I was playing just chiiiiillll.

@Leo I believe in her theories we don't even know if that's possibly NARUTO who turned back into Sasuke again with Kishimoto it's possible.

on a side note. I don't believe Kishi will just let everyone confess but NARUTO. NARUTO is the only one that truly loves someone for years and he isn't going to get the chance? I call ultimate kitten. Kishimoto has been building this up for years on years on years. Ain't no way he ain't letting NARUTO get the girl he been in love with for years. Just wait till tomorrow.

Edited by Illnevergiveup3, 06 November 2014 - 03:13 AM.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#40351 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:08 AM

If it was just that a pairing was sinking...eh, it happens. But I really do think that it looks like bad fanfiction, and not just because of the pairings. Why make an epilogue about nothing but pairings? Pairings always been a side theme of the series. Where is our closure for everything else???

I'mma stay skeptical. This isn't adding up.

Edited by questdrivencollie, 06 November 2014 - 03:08 AM.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#40352 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:10 AM

If it was just that a pairing was sinking...eh, it happens. But I really do think that it looks like bad fanfiction, and not just because of the pairings. Why make an epilogue about nothing but pairings? Pairings always been a side theme of the series. Where is our closure for everything else???

It seems you and me are the only people who haven't given up yet...

#40353 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:14 AM

I ain't never giving up. And I know NS gone happen. Kishi knows what he be doing.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#40354 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:15 AM

I just wonder why people are so quick to jump to conclusions. Try to see through deception, y'know? It's not hard...

Though this time I can understand the response, but still. There are things that aren't adding up, plus we know that people in this fandom are very trollish and petty.

~Relient K

#40355 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:17 AM

I ain't never giving up. And I know NS gone happen. Kishi knows what he be doing.

Exactly.

Edited by Sedna, 06 November 2014 - 03:18 AM.

#40356 咲耶姫

咲耶姫

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:18 AM

OMG so that! I'm okay with NH/SS but such an orgy?!  mean seriously Karui/Chouji? Ino/Sai? What else?

Though we just had a few pages, there are 44, we don't know what else thoses pages contain. We also saw Naruto as Hokage with SHikamaru as advisor and Gai in a Wheelchair with Kakashi. Let's wait and see before jumping to conclusions to how bad the epilogue is. 

tumblr_nfrs3f8pa31qjba4uo2_400.gif

#40357 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:20 AM

OMG so that! I'm okay with NH/SS but such an orgy?!  mean seriously Karui/Chouji? Ino/Sai? What else?

Though we just had a few pages, there are 44, we don't know what else thoses pages contain. We also saw Naruto as Hokage with SHikamaru as advisor and Gai in a Wheelchair with Kakashi. Let's wait and see before jumping to conclusions to how bad the epilogue is. 

Fair enough.

But I'm sticking to my guns.

~Relient K

#40358 Elicit

Elicit

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:21 AM

No, he doesn't know what he's doing. Just stop...

You trusted an author that has no clue on how to handle these matters appropriately.

#40359 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

The pairings were what kept me from being objective about the quality of this series. However, with this asspull ending, the blinders are removed and I find myself quickly able to evaluate much of part 2 for what it is. Putting the pairing issue aside, Sasuke going from wanting to kill the kages and controlling the world to a peaceful guy merely as a result of losing a fist fight is bad writing. This idea that sasuke was envious of Naruto's headstrong came out of nowhere and is also bad writing. Obito giving Kakashi his chakra and both eyes temporarily despite being dead and gone is also bad writing. Kaguya coming out of nowhere, being presented as the endgame villain and then getting defeated within 10 chapters is also bad writing. Madara having the ability to plug Kakashi eye in his head and instantly use its power is also bad writing. The Sage's ninja tools being forgotten is also bad writing. Hashirama telling Sasuke he could change Madara and giving him his chakra only for this to be irrelevant is also bad writing. Orochimaru coming back despite being sealed by Itachi is also bad writing. Orochimaru wanting to help Sasuke after previously being killed because Sasuke is bad writing. Hasharima being retconned as being the strongest shinobi ever is also bad writing. Obito telling us he has prepared a place for Sasuke and Naruto to fight, only for us never to see this place is also bad writing. Naruto claiming that he couldn't have beaten chakra deprived Sasuke in their brief skirmish before the war on the basis that Sasuke had some secret power which we never see any sign of afterwards is also bad writing.

Trust me. I can do this all day without even touching the pairing resolutions.

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 06 November 2014 - 03:23 AM.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#40360 dreamteax3

dreamteax3

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Tbh, I don't mind NH. I dont know why I hated it so much before but now I think its cute :) It would be better though if they give Hinata more purposes in life than Naruto but Hinata is a great character, shes cute and sweet. Naruto is my favorite character, so I guess whichever girl he ends up with as long as hes happy it would be fine by me. Either NH or NS is fine for me but the thing I cant stand is SS! I posted this rant on facebook LOL: 

SasuSaku and Sasuke disgusts me!!  Go ahead and make NaruHina, I kinda do like it but SasuSaku is one fail of an anime pairing! It is the lowest of the lowest anime pairing out there, any pairing from any anime could be better. If you are gonna make SasuSaku, atleast make Sasuke not be so terrible to Sakura! SasuSaku is just depressing  Sasuke doesnt deserve anyone, not even Karin. And how Sakura still loves him after he said all that kitten to her 0_o Kishi is high on drugs it seems... LOL If SasuSaku appears in the Last Movie, probably not gonna watch it. SasuSaku is a bad moral, bad romance, bad everything. Any anime pairing is better than SasuSaku guaranteed 

Just have one question, when is the next chapter going to be released? -GRABS OUT SLEEPING BAGS-

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users