#381 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (Konohakitten @ Feb 20 2013, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Phantom, I know its impossible to have the body I had when I was 18 but I would love to lose at least 20-30 pounds.

AH. Well that's fine even if yoo can't get back your former figure It is still great to try a life style change. but don't worry I still think you look very pretty as you are now. happy.gif and I'm sure you husband sees you as gorgeous no matter what. biggrin.gif I would say as a friend to really take care of your health.

Edited by Phantom_999, 21 February 2013 - 04:20 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#382 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Feb 21 2013, 12:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some added motivation:

tongue.gif

I laughed a little too hard XD even though I knew what I was about to hear lol!!

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Feb 21 2013, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AH. Well that's fine even if yoo can't get back your former figure It is still great to try a life style change. but don't worry I still think you look very pretty as you are now. happy.gif and I'm sure you husband sees you as gorgeous no matter what. biggrin.gif I would say as a friend to really take care of your health.

Such kind words Phantom and you're right I know my hubby thinks I'm perfect jut the way I am but I don't lol XD I guess this diet so that I can be happy with my body again biggrin.gif plus its always good to eat healthy so that I can be active with my kids.

So I checked my email today to see two reviews on my story which surprised me because by now my story isn't on the main page, on the contrary its a few pages back. Anyhow one review was from a guest and their review said and I quote...

"Great story love it but you made some typos in this chapter to"

Hmmm don't you mean "too" not "to"? Plus the structure of you sentence doesn't make sense and there isn't a period at the end of it. It should be "Great story I really love it but you made a few typos in this chapter too."

God I really wish I could tell them that but I can't since this person commented as guest. Perhaps that's why I'm irked. Now I'm very well aware that I make typos I mean I'm human aren't I? However I do apologize especially if my typos are really that bad, but I don't think some people understand just how hard it is to do things with two young children. Going over chapters over and over again to check for mistakes is very tedious and it's my least favorite part of writing. It takes forever on its own (at least for me) but adding two kids to that makes it impossible sometimes! Just take the time to imagine checking a chapter that's 7,000-9,000 (the average length of my chapters) words long and having to get up every few minutes because Gideon is grabbing my laptops power supply cord, or because Kaiden needs to use the restroom. Perhaps its near lunch time and I need to feed them both and myself, or maybe Gideon made a mess of himself and he needs a new pair of clothes and as I'm changing him Kaiden decides to rearrange my fridge. Yeah those two make sure they keep me busy. Now I know some of you might say what my husband does, well John helps me when he gets home from his 12 hour shifts but I use that time to clean the house or do chores that cant be done when its just me and the kids. Then after that's done I make dinner, give the kids a bath, and put them to bed. I can't stay up until the wee hours of the morning like I could before because Gideon wakes up still several times at night and he wakes me up everyday at 7:00 am, so I go to bed when they do.

Now these are all a few examples of what goes on in my day, believe me there are many more things that happen XD Now when I come back to the chapter I was editing I either lost my place or I stay in the same paragraph for a good hour or more! Hell I've been working on this post since 10:00 am this morning and its already 2:38 pm lol and this is just a tiny update in my blog! Anyway I want to make it clear that I'm not complaining about my kids, they are my everything and I love being a mom ♥ I just wish people would understand that I do my best when it comes to writing but even then it isn't good enough for some. I guess the fact that this person made typos in a comment about my typos is what got to me. If they cant even handle typing a sentence without making a few mistakes then perhaps they should cut me some slack since my chapter is over 7,656 words long :/ Anyhow I do appreciate people looking out for me especially if a particular sentence is a mess or if my typo is really bad. If told I go back into my chapter and I find it and correct it, but for whatever reason this review got to me. I guess me being ok with a few typos in a story I'm reading has to do with it too. I've read a good amount of fanfics from writers here on H&E and I see typos, and I could careless. It doesn't bother me to the point where I have to let them know they made mistakes.

Anyway aside from that I have been slowly working on chapter 24 for those few of you that do read it. Thank you for the support I receive from my readers here on H&E ♥ I'm doing my best to get the next chapter out and it will be worth the wait. Oh and I'm sorry but there are probably typos in here too, my bad tongue.gif

Edited by Konohakitten, 25 February 2013 - 09:40 PM.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#383 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:05 AM

Oh. mellow.gif People actually post complaints huh? Well admittedly I am such a grammar and spelling perfectionist my self (though My grammar is not good at times apparently), But I think that what is important is getting your message to other people. I'm sure It was a compelling story. biggrin.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 27 February 2013 - 05:00 PM.

#384 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

I know that feeling all too well KonohaKitten... I know I've made some typos, but they're quite small and doesn't take away from the story, but people always keep pointing them out and it also irks me... if they can point it out, why don't you help me out with checking it?

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#385 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Feb 26 2013, 02:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh. mellow.gif People actually post complaints huh? Well admittedly I am such a grammar and spelling perfectionist my self (though My grammar is good at times apparently), But I think that what is important is getting your message to other people. I'm sure It was a compelling story. biggrin.gif

Oh yeah people sometimes just complain on their reviews. I've even gotten reviews that just say you made typos, I'm sorry but that's not a review :/ I'd like to think that my story telling is more captivating and important then a few minor errors.

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Feb 26 2013, 03:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know that feeling all too well KonohaKitten... I know I've made some typos, but they're quite small and doesn't take away from the story, but people always keep pointing them out and it also irks me... if they can point it out, why don't you help me out with checking it?

I know right it's very frustrating!!!

#386 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:36 AM

Yeah, I've gotten some bummer reviews too. They didn't like my fight scenes or the narrative style or the pacing. Or whatever! I just have to tell myself that it took them all of 15 seconds to write that review, while my time and effort in writing the chapter was hours. So I try to give them as little of my time as they have given me.

And yeah, typos are typos. They're everywhere. My feeling is if you want a work without typos...then go buy one! laugh.gif Don't go looking for it on ff.net where every writer is just doing their best.

#387 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:46 AM

That is why I made a FF-account, I was tired of being a guest.

I've heard you like reviews, then I will read chapter 23 over again and write one. Soon, I don't know when. I hope you're satisfied with mine, I don't even know what to pick on. XD Review is a strict and frightening word laugh.gif, I'll just write down my thoughts. And tell you that I am looking forward to chapter 24.

Edited by sushi., 27 February 2013 - 01:47 AM.

ナルサク

#388 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Feb 26 2013, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I've gotten some bummer reviews too. They didn't like my fight scenes or the narrative style or the pacing. Or whatever! I just have to tell myself that it took them all of 15 seconds to write that review, while my time and effort in writing the chapter was hours. So I try to give them as little of my time as they have given me.

And yeah, typos are typos. They're everywhere. My feeling is if you want a work without typos...then go buy one! laugh.gif Don't go looking for it on ff.net where every writer is just doing their best.

Tricksie this really made me feel so much better. You are absolutely right! Thanks so much for the encouraging words.

QUOTE (sushi. @ Feb 26 2013, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is why I made a FF-account, I was tired of being a guest.

I've heard you like reviews, then I will read chapter 23 over again and write one. Soon, I don't know when. I hope you're satisfied with mine, I don't even know what to pick on. XD Review is a strict and frightening word laugh.gif, I'll just write down my thoughts. And tell you that I am looking forward to chapter 24.

No rush whatsoever Sushi, I don't expect reviews from all my readers. However I am interested on what my readers think, that's all. Like most writers I'm writing this for me not to please others, but feedback is nice too XD So yeah no pressure to give a review I just like to see what my readers thoughts are.

Edited by Konohakitten, 27 February 2013 - 02:08 AM.

#389 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE (Konohakitten @ Feb 27 2013, 03:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No rush whatsoever Sushi, I don't expect reviews from all my readers. However I am interested on what my readers think, that's all. Like most writers I'm writing this for me not to please others, but feedback is nice too XD So yeah no pressure to give a review I just like to see what my readers thoughts are.

Whatever that will make you update. tongue.gif It gives you determination right? ^^ though TBH, I do think it's difficult to write a proper qritique.

Edited by sushi., 27 February 2013 - 02:14 AM.

ナルサク

#390 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:42 AM

QUOTE (sushi. @ Feb 26 2013, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whatever that will make you update. tongue.gif It gives you determination right? ^^ though TBH, I do think it's difficult to write a proper qritique.

Lol fair enough XD I'm currently writing the last part of the chapter which is the action scene. I'm really hoping that it gets uploaded before Friday because that day we move to a bigger place, so my weekend is going to be ultra busy. Oh and yes I agree about the whole critique thing, it can sometimes be a little hard to write one. I had to practice on giving all the time in art college. Now whenever I upload art or fanfics I sometimes expect what I would personally give to another author or artist. However most of the time all I get in art critiques is cute or awesome, that's it just one word comments :/ With my story most of my reviews are update soon or great chapter XD So yeah to me those aren't reviews or critiques they are comments lol.

#391 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

So then it's time for an update on my life. Kaiden's party was a success and as much fun as it was I'm glad it's over. Planning a party out of town is pain, but it was well worth it. I'll share some pictures down below. He got a great amount of gifts and thanks to friends and family he has a brand new summer wardrobe. Gideon's 1st birthday is getting closer too, its June 8th but I think we'll be going to El Paso a month earlier for my cousin graduation and the day before we'll have a get together for Gideon. He's still really young so he doesn't need all the stuff Kaiden had, so his party will be like at a Peter Piper Pizza XD He'll get a hall when he turns 2.

In other Gideon news he is now crawling and talking, he says mama, it melts my heart ♥ He also says Dada but not when he sees John. It's just more of making the sound then knowing it has meaning. However he does grasp that when he sees me he should say mama because that's who I am, and it makes me smile. Kaiden will be going to Pre-K this new school year and I just can't wait. I so want him to have friends his age, and he needs the extra help with speech. He had some testing done last Friday and they told me that he can really benefit from the program because he's a little behind due to major ear aches as a child, and Pre-K could do wonders for him. What's even better is that he will be in Pre-K for two years before he hits Kindergarten so I know that he will be more then prepared for it. I also learned that he's more then likely going to need glasses. Now most parents would be like one no, but me, no I'm like he'll look so cute!! Besides I half expected it since John and I wear glasses, and most all my family does too. Now I'm just concerned about him keeping them on.

So then I uploaded chapter 24 of Someone else to protect, and Chp 25 is in the works. I'm also really tempted to write a LuNa story. I haven't yet but I keep getting all these ideas, so if you watch me expect that coming soon. I'm also working on some great artwork, I've been doing what I can to color it so that I can upload it but there are days when I don't even have a chance to sit down. I guess what I'm going to start doing is uploading all unfinished work to my Tumblr, so if you want to see my random doodles just check that out. My DA account will now only be for finished work.

In other news yesterday was John and I's 13th Anniversary biggrin.gif He and I met under some crazy circumstances. We both know that it was fate that brought us together. We didn't get to do anything romantic since it was a work night and even if we did we'd have to take the kids, but we were happy none the less. We spent the night having some beers and watching HOTD, which was romantic enough lol. Anyhow we plan on driving to Odessa next paycheck and go out some where nice. The kids will have to come along but I told John that I don't mind doing everything as a family ♥ For now its a sacrifice, moving from El Paso gave us a great life, but we have no family to take the kids off our hands XD We know as time goes on we'll make friends and over time we can leave them with someone, but until then we go every where together. Oh and I also found out that I've lost 10 pounds in a little over a month, yay! I'm loving this diet, I'm getting to cook awesome food like every night. People on my Facebook keep telling me to stop uploading my meals because it makes them hungry. Well that's all about I have to report for now biggrin.gif Enjoy my random photos.

He can still make me laugh.

John and I when first dating ♥

Yeah check me out sporting that pocket pikachu XD

Beefed stuffed cabbage bacon wrapped asparagus and roasted radish.

Roasted Veggies

Buffalo Burgers

Crab Stuffed Salmon

Edited by Konohakitten, 29 March 2013 - 08:00 PM.

#392 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:08 AM

That looks all so good to eat right about now! biggrin.gif

"They don't want none"

#393 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Mar 29 2013, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That looks all so good to eat right about now! biggrin.gif

It is just so yummy and right now I'm making Jambalaya :3 If I could virtually send you some Toasty I would.

Edited by Konohakitten, 30 March 2013 - 01:08 AM.

#394 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:20 AM

Looks Delicious!!!!! tongue.gif And now I'm hungry! biggrin.gif And Happy Anniversary!!!!!! May you have many more happy and joyful days together!!!!!!! danarusakunp3.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 30 March 2013 - 01:22 AM.

#395 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Mar 29 2013, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks Delicious!!!!! tongue.gif And now I'm hungry! biggrin.gif And Happy Anniversary!!!!!! May you have many more happy and joyful days together!!!!!!! danarusakunp3.gif

Thanks Phantom biggrin.gif my Jambalaya was a success, I'll post pics later. As for my anniversary thank you so much! Know the both of us will grow old together ♥

#396 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:46 AM

I'm making my tumbler my new sketch dump, and I will also be taking questions on there. I'm thinking of having a section where ppl can ask questions to the characters from Someone else to protect. This way I have a reason to draw, right now my reason is for myself XD I figure this would be prefect practice for me not to get rusty with my drawing skills, plus I get to draw! So yeah if you have a tumblr please follow me, I will also be uploading all my doodles there, but no worries if you don't have one, I wont totally negletct my DA account. I'll make sure to still keep it active, or at least more active then what it has been lately. So yeah I hope to see some of you there

Here's my Tumblr link http://konohakitten.tumblr.com/

#397 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:01 AM

I should really starting following some more people on my tumblr. xD

"They don't want none"

#398 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Mar 31 2013, 03:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I should really starting following some more people on my tumblr. xD

Yeah same here, I neglect it, hopefully this will make me be more productive with it.

#399 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:11 AM

Then again I usually don't follow too many personal blogs with my rp blog since I don't want people finding out who I am.

"They don't want none"

#400 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Apr 1 2013, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then again I usually don't follow too many personal blogs with my rp blog since I don't want people finding out who I am.

I didn't know you had an rp blog biggrin.gif I remember when I had time to rp, it was so much fun!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users