• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#21 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (Devil Keyz @ Jan 23 2010, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im not talking bout in this episode, im talking about the canon episodes where sakura seems to be a bit 2 mean with Naruto.

Someone counted the number of time Sakura hit Naruto in the tsundere mode in manga canon it it totaled like 4 times in 400+ chapters, that's hardly "a lot" far, far less than the typical tsundere. (See: Akane Tendo, Asuka Langley, etc...) ditto for "being mean" (another tsundere trope) Sakura is actually far more kind than even Kaoru Kamiya was to Kanshin (Kaoru being another of that type who shows a kind and compassionate side from the start)
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#22 Devil Keyz

Devil Keyz

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:41 PM

dunno who is Kamiya or Kanshin lol. but im just sayin' in my eyes thats how it came off, then again im from a different country to yall so we have different opinions and mindstates on things.

#23 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:00 PM

If you read over canon, you'll see that Sakura actually only hits Naruto when it's really called for, or she thinks he's doing something to disrupt her life.

The two best examples I can think of are: At the start of the series, when Naruto and Sasuke are forced to kiss, and during the Forest of Death, where Sakura hits him for trying to pee in front of her.

The first one is due to the fact that, at the time, she thought Naruto was just trying to get in the way of her and Sasuke. The second should be obvious. If somebody tried that in front of me, I'd deck 'em myself.

And Kaoru and Kenshin are from Rurouni Kenshin.

Edited by KungFuTruffle, 25 January 2010 - 11:00 PM.

#24 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (Devil Keyz @ Jan 25 2010, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dunno who is Kamiya or Kanshin lol. but im just sayin' in my eyes thats how it came off, then again im from a different country to yall so we have different opinions and mindstates on things.

Kung Fu Truffle is right, and Devil Keyz, read this to understand the tsundere character type trope better:

http://tvtropes.org/...p/Main/Tsundere
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#25 Devil Keyz

Devil Keyz

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:09 AM

so tahts where they got the name Tsunade from.

#26 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:37 PM

No, the Tsunade name was taken from the Legend of Gallant Jiraiya (Jiraiya Goketsu Monogatari), a Japanese folktale published in XIXth century. Jiraiya -the main character- was a powerful ninja could transform into toad, Tsunade -his wife- was a beautiful princess mastered snail magic, and she aided him to defeat his arch-nemesis and erstwhile follower, Orochimaru, master of snake magic.

That tale also stablished a sort of elemental chart: toad beat slug; slug beat snake; and snake beat toad.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#27 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:48 PM

Tsundere

Tsundere, the combination of both tsuntsun and deredere traits. A tsundere is a person who starts off with a tsuntsun type personality but ends up with a deredere personality. They are the serious, highly ambitious and confident type but slowly develops or shows signs of deredere, usually developing feelings for another character and dropping the tough front.

Tsundere’s are usually female lead characters, but the term itself is not gender specific

TsunTsuns are usualy agressive, hostile and tough. sometimes seeming to be moody and angry and rarely showing signs of weakness

A DereDere is oft uncertian and needs a push or a boost of confidence to get going.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#28 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jan 25 2010, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kung Fu Truffle is right, and Devil Keyz, read this to understand the tsundere character type trope better:

http://tvtropes.org/...p/Main/Tsundere

You're awesome for finding this I read everything and the more I read I couldn't stop thinking about Sakura she's a true tsundere. smile.gif

Edited by Gravenimage, 28 January 2010 - 12:24 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#29 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:15 AM

You're I read everything and the more I read I couldn't stop thinking about Sakura she's a true tsundere.

And her violent bouts should be understood like comedic moments, strictly. Right like Ichigo punching his father is comedy; right like Homer Simpson throttling his son repeatedly is comedy; or right like Elmer Fudds shooting Bugs Bunny is comedy.

Context is important. Violence has been used in order to provoke laughs since the first cartoons were made, (and since the first tales were written down. There is one scene in the Iliad where human warrior Diomedes pierces the hand of Ares, aided by Athena, Goddes of the Wisdom. The God of War's reaction? Going back to Olympus and complaining his dad his sister was very violent. Zeus said he was a fool and sent him packing) and people look to the context of the scene to realize if should be taken seriously or not.

When I ran into someone declaring Sakura is an abuser, I think that person shouldn't read comics since he/she doesn't understand the context or the cultural tropes associated to them.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#30 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:13 AM

I think I'm jaded from the other fillers, but I just was not impressed. It seems like it will turn out like an okay filler; definitely not the worst, but it feels done before and therefore all I can see is "here we go again".

-Ugly villains who have a super-special-awesome-technique
-Hidden Village of Whatever
-Generic Lady-Hime who has a special technique jutsu which gets her in trouble
-Naruto there to save the day, possible affection from generic Lady-Hime

Sakura has already been put to the side to "heal" and it's only been one episode. This trend will continue, I'm sure. Sai will follow suit, majority of the filler we won't see them.

A new variable is... There be cold guy who has a tailed beast in him, and is somewhat canon. I hear you about those Sasuke vibes though. I do think he will be better, and there is legitimacy in his coldness, still doesnt stop Sasuke vibes. XD

#31 Chesh

Chesh

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:43 PM

I believe it may actually be the girl who has the tailed beast inside her.
I think There will be a few Narusaku mommets in this filler. When Sakura heals the man he will want to go help Lady-hime thus meeting back up with Naruto & Co.

I can see Naruto getting injured in this and Sakura having to take care of him
I can lady taking a liking to naruto and Sakura will get Jealous.

Hoping tonights Ep is good
I'm making perfect sense your just not keeping up

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users