#21 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE (zman170 @ Apr 24 2009, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't enjoy this chapter much. I enjoyed seeing them all as children but im rather disappointed Konan was so nice as a child but then became so uptight and cold as an Akatsuki. I mean i understand why she is, but being evil doesn't mean you have to be cold and silent all the time. But i digest....

Overall it was an okay chapter and i really hope the upcoming chapters are better. The convo can only last so long before it becomes too long and boring and that limit (for me atleast) is another chapter of full convo before it gets boring and repetitive.

You digest? hehehe I couldn't resist :teehee:

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#22 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 01:57 AM

Think he means digress... facepalm.png

But nevertheless, the next chapter will be talk as well. No point in creating a villain and not fleshing out his backstory. Kishimoto can't please everybody, so if you're bored by it, can't do anything about it. tongue.gif

Edited by Cloud, 25 April 2009 - 02:01 AM.

#23 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 25 April 2009 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Apr 24 2009, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Think he means digress... facepalm.png

But nevertheless, the next chapter will be talk as well. No point in creating a villain and not fleshing out his backstory. Kishimoto can't please everybody, so if you're bored by it, can't do anything.

Then i guess thats what i ment. Jeez sorry for using the worng word. I was reading a fanfiction and the dude used digest instead of digress. I had thought is was digress but i wasn't sure so i used the one i thought was correct but was infact wrong..... sorry for being unknowlagable of words..... god. dry.gif 111193.gif bash.gif

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#24 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 02:04 AM

QUOTE (zman170 @ Apr 24 2009, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then i guess thats what i ment. Jeez sorry for using the worng word. I was reading a fanfiction and the dude used digest instead of digress. I had thought is was digress but i wasn't sure so i used the one i thought was correct but was infact wrong..... sorry for being unknowlagable of words..... god. dry.gif 111193.gif bash.gif

Lol. No worries, not everybody is knowledgeable in English. biggrin.gif

#25 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 25 April 2009 - 02:04 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Apr 24 2009, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol. No worries, not everybody is knowledgeable in English. biggrin.gif

And not everyone is nice enough to correct people without making them sound stupid. dry.gif

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#26 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 02:06 AM

QUOTE (zman170 @ Apr 24 2009, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And not everyone is nice enough to correct people without making them sound stupid. dry.gif

Nah, you gotta blame the fanfiction author for giving you the wrong word. We're just playing around. tongue.gif

Back on topic, people. biggrin.gif

#27 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 25 April 2009 - 04:25 AM

Yep, I knew it.... Nagato is just another member of the B&B Corp. from MGS4, except he's not a girl. Though I don't see how Naruto's had it worst, there really isn't much evidence that he suffered from anything besides loneliness. He could've been neglected yes, but someone must've supported him. Naruto didn't face the horrific realities of war unlike Yahiko, Konan, and Nagato, so Naruto couldn't have been traumatized to the extent that the 3 children have.

#28 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 06:32 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Apr 25 2009, 12:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep, I knew it.... Nagato is just another member of the B&B Corp. from MGS4, except he's not a girl. Though I don't see how Naruto's had it worst, there really isn't much evidence that he suffered from anything besides loneliness. He could've been neglected yes, but someone must've supported him. Naruto didn't face the horrific realities of war unlike Yahiko, Konan, and Nagato, so Naruto couldn't have been traumatized to the extent that the 3 children have.

I don't think you can say that one situation is worse than the other. Nagato saw his parents killed in front of him, and grew up knowing the horrors of war. Naruto was neglected practically his entire childhood, and was betrayed by the closest thing he's got to family. However, Nagato always had someone with him who cared for him - whether it be his parents, Tiny, or Yahiko and Konan. Naruto was alone for so long, and just because someone physically tended to Naruto when he was a baby, I doubt he was the recipient of any kind of affection. I don't doubt that Hinata's confession was the first time he's ever heard someone tell him that they love him. The horrors of war versus the horror of such massive neglect is harder to compare than it seems.

Also, Nagato was never the target of such brutal hate like Naruto was.

Edited by Paptala, 25 April 2009 - 06:32 AM.

0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#29 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (True @ Apr 24 2009, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now that I think about it Nagato's dog dieing reminded me of Lucy using her vectors to murder her classmates when they killed her puppy.
Maybe his was so exponential that he ended up destroying a major country..
Humans do tend to hold animals on a higher emotional level than those of their own species. I can somewhat understand then I figure.

Elfen Lied was a freaking awesome anime... but I felt compelled to point out that those guys killed that puppy to purposefully wound Lucy on top of all the other bullying they did to her. Chibi dog was apparently killed by accident, same as Nagato's parents. I know it's wrong, and I'm guilty of comparing Misfortune A to Misfortune B, but it does seem like Nagato's method of dealing with his trauma is a bit extreme.

Catsi- great point as usual, Kishi has a talent for making everything in Narutoverse relate to real life.

Zman- just teasing, it was so cute I just had to point it out. biggrin.gif

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#30 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:13 AM

I agree with most of your comments Paptala, but not the brutal hate. All we've been shown was that Naruto was mostly seen as a nuisance and while the village did hate him, there were no evidence of Naruto being beaten, only that he was ignored. He suffered from emotional and/or physical neglect yes, but he may not have been beaten up... that's all fanfiction.

#31 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Apr 25 2009, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with most of your comments Paptala, but not the brutal hate. All we've been shown was that Naruto was mostly seen as a nuisance and while the village did hate him, there were no evidence of Naruto being beaten, only that he was ignored. He suffered from emotional and/or physical neglect yes, but he may not have been beaten up... that's all fanfiction.

I never said that he was beaten, just that he perceived a lot of hatred directed towards himself, and never knew love. Especially when you're growing up, that lack of love is a lot more psychologically damaging than a lot of people realize. Perhaps my perception of this is a bit skewed because of fillers, but from everything I've seen, Naruto really was hated quite a bit.
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#32 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 07:13 PM

No Shonen Jump this week.

So Naruto will be delayed till next week, along with spoilers.

#33 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 29 April 2009 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Apr 29 2009, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No Shonen Jump this week.

So Naruto will be delayed till next week, along with spoilers.

I'm devastated. Time to unleah my fury on and declare myself a God.

#34 Shadow-kun

Shadow-kun

Sage Wolf

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (Chivalrysae @ Apr 29 2009, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And where will you get 6 corpses in perfect condition?

Visit my cute Dragons!

Spreading the Horoism!

#35 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE (Chivalrysae @ Apr 29 2009, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what's wrong tough guy, your dog die?
\

#36 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:33 AM

What i dislike about this whole chapter is that the dog isn't really his. He just finds it, lives with it for a while and then it dies from an explosion. If he can handle his parents dying without going insane, why would a stray dog be any worse? To be honest i think Pain's reasons for being evil are just sad... going insane and evil for having his agressive parents attacked by a ninja because he wouldn't stop crying and then lossing his dog in a explosion is just sad...

Get Chance and Luck!!~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users