Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (talesoffireemblem @ Sep 8 2008, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it's pretty obvious that Hinata has a crush on Naruto, it's been obvious the entire series. What I meant was that since she does really know Naruto, I don't think that they are going to start a romantic relationship. She has a crush on him, but that's it. Since she doesn't talk to him or socialize with him I don't see their relationship really growing past a one-sided crush.

And as I said about that scene earlier, I think it was only to contrast Sakura's and Hinata's reactions.

Agreed, I have no doubt that she may have somewhat of a crush, but she's infatuated with him, she admires what she has seen of him, but due to the fact she's hardly around him, she has a crush on the person she thinks he is, not necessarily who he really is.
I would also like to point this out, you can compare it or not, whichever you want to, but I admire Adam Sandler, but does that mean that I hold romantic feelings for him? No, it doesn't.

Edited by Kyuudaime, 08 September 2008 - 08:54 PM.

#22 KittenLou

KittenLou

I'm a kitty NOM:3

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:Just recently, I've become rather engrossed in the history and various concepts British Literature offers from the Romantic period, but that could just be because of my professor lol. Of course anime and manga are a given. =) And shows dealing with &quot;otherworldly&quot; things, like Supernatural and Ghost Hunters and, uh...

Posted 11 September 2008 - 04:59 AM

QUOTE (talesoffireemblem @ Sep 8 2008, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it's pretty obvious that Hinata has a crush on Naruto, it's been obvious the entire series. What I meant was that since she does really know Naruto, I don't think that they are going to start a romantic relationship. She has a crush on him, but that's it. Since she doesn't talk to him or socialize with him I don't see their relationship really growing past a one-sided crush.

And as I said about that scene earlier, I think it was only to contrast Sakura's and Hinata's reactions.

Perhaps I should have mentioned that I agreed with you on your point. I understood what you meant, I just never said so because it slipped my mind. My post was more in response to Kyuudaime's post on the issue regarding Hinata's crush on Naruto. Perhaps I should have quoted. sweatdrop.gif

When I mentioned Hinata's crush and eventual confession to him with a "I like you" (instead of the "You're my hero" I've -we've?- been dying to hear from her), I wasn't necessarily saying that Naruto would go fanfiction mode and suddenly fall in love with her. The point I was trying to make was that it may be a real blow to him. Because neither Naruto nor Sakura are aware of each other's, or their own, feelings, neither will make the move until something happens. This is where I see Hinata coming in with a confession to Naruto. It's bound to catch someone off guard and even though Naruto may not return the feelings, I believe it would undoubtedly make him question his current relationship with Sakura. He'd distance himself, but in the end, it would just make their relationship with each other stronger because distance makes it hard for them. They've practically been inseparable since Part II started (well, perhaps I exaggerate a little), and Sakura wouldn't like the feeling of not being able to help, or it'd just piss her off immensely...

So, yeah, I can see a "I like you" confession from Hinata to Naruto adding a little more angst and drama to the current NaruSaku relationship, and, in my opinion, it'd be a very interesting way to further develop their relationship or as a couple.

Edited by Kitten, 11 September 2008 - 04:59 AM.

also known as Crackers

#23 talesoffireemblem

talesoffireemblem

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:Video games, Music, Trumpet Playing, Manga, Sports

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:09 AM

QUOTE (Kitten @ Sep 10 2008, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Perhaps I should have mentioned that I agreed with you on your point. I understood what you meant, I just never said so because it slipped my mind. My post was more in response to Kyuudaime's post on the issue regarding Hinata's crush on Naruto. Perhaps I should have quoted. sweatdrop.gif

When I mentioned Hinata's crush and eventual confession to him with a "I like you" (instead of the "You're my hero" I've -we've?- been dying to hear from her), I wasn't necessarily saying that Naruto would go fanfiction mode and suddenly fall in love with her. The point I was trying to make was that it may be a real blow to him. Because neither Naruto nor Sakura are aware of each other's, or their own, feelings, neither will make the move until something happens. This is where I see Hinata coming in with a confession to Naruto. It's bound to catch someone off guard and even though Naruto may not return the feelings, I believe it would undoubtedly make him question his current relationship with Sakura. He'd distance himself, but in the end, it would just make their relationship with each other stronger because distance makes it hard for them. They've practically been inseparable since Part II started (well, perhaps I exaggerate a little), and Sakura wouldn't like the feeling of not being able to help, or it'd just piss her off immensely...

So, yeah, I can see a "I like you" confession from Hinata to Naruto adding a little more angst and drama to the current NaruSaku relationship, and, in my opinion, it'd be a very interesting way to further develop their relationship or as a couple.

Okay, that makes sense. I agree, if Hinata were to make some kind of confession things would probably end up similar to that (though I don't think he'd distance himself from Sakura). However, I don't see Hinata doing that, she's just too shy of a person. As it is now, she has trouble having a normal conversation with Naruto. But I suppose it could happen, so I won't rule out the possibility. I don't find it likely though.

#24 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 03:08 AM

I can see what your saying, but still, does Hinata hold romantic feelings for him? All I've seen is admiration, and she might "like him", and confess to that, but she can't love him if she doesn't really know him, and she does not really know him, therefor she is possibly, at the most, infatuated with him.

I'm still expecting her to just marry a clan member, that's what pure bloodline clans do, and considering she has such a minor role, it doesn't really matter who she gets, she can get no one.

#25 KittenLou

KittenLou

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:Just recently, I've become rather engrossed in the history and various concepts British Literature offers from the Romantic period, but that could just be because of my professor lol. Of course anime and manga are a given. =) And shows dealing with &quot;otherworldly&quot; things, like Supernatural and Ghost Hunters and, uh...

Posted 13 September 2008 - 04:15 AM

... Where is the "love" coming from, Kyuudaime? You keep confusing me because the word's never been brought up.

I know Hinata can't love Naruto, for all the reasons you've stated. I've argue about it with NaruHina fans all the time and they accuse me of ranting when I do it. XD

Even so, though, infatuation is a form of a crush, or at least a strong passion of something confused as love, which was what Sakura had with Sasuke. You could even say a foolish behavior if you wanted, but I don't think that really fits in the context of Hinata's relationship toward Naruto, so I won't use that. Maybe Hinata is caught in the same situation with Naruto as Sakura was with Sasuke, but I prefer to lean more towards a mere crush and not some strong, complex emotion because it doesn't really fit Hinata's character, I don't think.

also known as Crackers

#26 Daissuke

Daissuke

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Manga, cycling, sleeping/not sleeping, writing, sports in general, sarcastic humour...<br /><br />Favourite couple atm: Narusaku, o' course.

Posted 13 September 2008 - 01:29 PM

Well, my thoughts on the Big 3...

~Naruhina~

Yes, it's a cute idea, but it isn't realistic. Aside from the fact they were together for ages with no development, the whole "opposites attract" statement is misleading. Yes, seeing something not in yourself in another may generate a spark, but that's all. Sparks fade quickly, and if there is nothing in common, nothing to relate to...how can it be a relationship?

There's also the fact that Naruto barely knows of the poor girl's existence, save for the Chuunin exams portion and when they've directly talked.

~Sasusaku~

I like it, but in no way do I see it happening, especially if Sakura finds out about Sasuke's motives in the recent manga. While I believe Sakura felt more than a crush for Sasuke, there is no way you can convince me it is love, just because of the fact that it seemed selfish. Even at the goodbye scene, where Sakura told him meaningful words, it was all about him staying with her, ridding himself of his loneliness with her.

And while I do think Sakura is Sasuke's favourite girl (well, actually, Karin might be getting there lol), his feelings for her are purely platonic. Or, if I'm wrong and at that time he left he did harbor romantic feelings for her, it doesn't really matter.

He chose revenge over love. It was his own mistake.

Add that to the ambiguity of Sakura's feelings for him during the Time-skip and her growing feelings for Naruto...

Yes, don't think it's happening. As cute as the 'girl healing with her love' thing is, that's shojou.

...Which Naruto isn't, but rather is a Shonen...

~Narusaku~

...And Narusaku is the typical shonen couple cool.gif

I love this couple a lot, because I like the development and their individual characters.

What I first liked was Naruto's devotion to her, even though I didn't think they'd be a couple in part one.

Even when I liked Sasusaku more, I felt for Naruto. After the Gaara fight and hospital scene I genuinely thought he loved her, and seeing all his 'D':' faces when confronted with her feelings for Sasuke tugged at my heart strings.

However, after Sakura's revelations about Naruto, his promise and then the promise of a lifetime redux...

I thought I'd wait and see what happened after the time-skip...

And you all know about that, so I'll save commentary for another thread biggrin.gif

So, due to development in the manga, I think Narusaku is most likely.

And that's that sleep.gif
Liking developed manga pairings since 2001~

#27 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (Kitten @ Sep 13 2008, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... Where is the "love" coming from, Kyuudaime? You keep confusing me because the word's never been brought up.

I know Hinata can't love Naruto, for all the reasons you've stated. I've argue about it with NaruHina fans all the time and they accuse me of ranting when I do it. XD

Even so, though, infatuation is a form of a crush, or at least a strong passion of something confused as love, which was what Sakura had with Sasuke. You could even say a foolish behavior if you wanted, but I don't think that really fits in the context of Hinata's relationship toward Naruto, so I won't use that. Maybe Hinata is caught in the same situation with Naruto as Sakura was with Sasuke, but I prefer to lean more towards a mere crush and not some strong, complex emotion because it doesn't really fit Hinata's character, I don't think.

There is no love, which is my point, and sorry for confusing you, it's the word NH shippers use and it kinda got stuck in my head sweatdrop.gif

#28 KittenLou

KittenLou

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 05:38 PM

Ah, I see. That's make sense.

It's funny, I was in a discussion/debate about NaruSaku and Naruhina and the person I was directing all my comments to was like, "You are so clueless... So you say that Hinata doesn't love Naruto, but that Sakura DOES?"

All I could do was laugh. I had reinterated the exact same points to this fan as you had stated, Kyuudaime, over and over and over again. So, basically, we were repeating ourselves because they refused to acknowledge that love is an emotion that is developed over time between two people the more they get to know each other and it only just strengthens the more time they spend together. Hinata doesn't love Naruto - she can't - because there isn't a strong connection between them like there is between Naruto and Sakura. Although, I'm not saying that Sakura specifically loves Naruto like that, but I'm almost certain she has a strong attraction and passion for him and his character that is slowly beginning a definite rivalry with her feelings toward Sasuke, if not are.

Love is an incredibly strong word to the Japanese, I think, compared to the states, where the word is thrown around like a piece of meat. They also have a variety of ways to say the word or the phrase "I love you" or "you love--". Compare this to the English, which only uses two different words to establish the difference: "like" and "love" (as if anyone uses the word "like" toward a person anymore sweatdrop.gif).

Ok, I'm done. I think I may have trailed off a little and failed miserably at conveying my ideas, but that's ok. ;D I tried.

also known as Crackers

#29 talesoffireemblem

talesoffireemblem

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:Video games, Music, Trumpet Playing, Manga, Sports

Posted 15 September 2008 - 05:11 AM

QUOTE (Kitten @ Sep 13 2008, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's funny, I was in a discussion/debate about NaruSaku and Naruhina and the person I was directing all my comments to was like, "You are so clueless... So you say that Hinata doesn't love Naruto, but that Sakura DOES?"

All I could do was laugh. I had reinterated the exact same points to this fan as you had stated, Kyuudaime, over and over and over again. So, basically, we were repeating ourselves because they refused to acknowledge that love is an emotion that is developed over time between two people the more they get to know each other and it only just strengthens the more time they spend together. Hinata doesn't love Naruto - she can't - because there isn't a strong connection between them like there is between Naruto and Sakura. Although, I'm not saying that Sakura specifically loves Naruto like that, but I'm almost certain she has a strong attraction and passion for him and his character that is slowly beginning a definite rivalry with her feelings toward Sasuke, if not are.

Love is an incredibly strong word to the Japanese, I think, compared to the states, where the word is thrown around like a piece of meat. They also have a variety of ways to say the word or the phrase "I love you" or "you love--". Compare this to the English, which only uses two different words to establish the difference: "like" and "love" (as if anyone uses the word "like" toward a person anymore sweatdrop.gif).

Ok, I'm done. I think I may have trailed off a little and failed miserably at conveying my ideas, but that's ok. ;D I tried.

That's okay. I think we understand your points on the issue and agree with them happy.gif .

#30 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (Kitten @ Sep 13 2008, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's what I have to go through, at least when I used to debate anyway, sometimes they get me started up, like yesterday some person on Maplestory, according to my sister, was basically making up lies and things that never happened in the manga.

But, that is what I had to go through, I had to repeat myself over and over to them until they acknowledged they were wrong, and yes, I got them to acknowledge they were wrong, heck I've converted a few people.
biggrin.gif

#31 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,910 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 02:40 PM

Really, in my thoughts, I don't see NaruHina or SasuSaku happening in the future. It's because if they were going to happen, they woulda already.

But it's been hinted at that NaruSaku is bound to happen one way or another, guys. That's all I gotta say.

Bryon

#32 believeit6

believeit6

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:Well, I love NaruSaku. That's why I'm here, of course. NaruSaku is da bomb! They look so great eachother and just complete eachother. I love the Naruto series too, as well as some other animes.

Posted 18 November 2008 - 10:16 PM

I must say, NH and SS never have been really real anyway. In part one they were there alot, but it was always something that didn't mean anything. NaruSaku always had subtle, hidden, meaningful hints, until in part two they were coaxed out into the open. Speaking of NH and SS, did anyone else realize our position in this debate? We have to fight two sides, while they could easily team up against us.

NaruSaku Fan|Narutofan|True Believer|FF.net

#33 Sherry

Sherry

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku of course!

Posted 19 December 2008 - 06:48 AM

in neutral thoughts:
sakura may just love naruto as a friend, as her closest friend. y know people cannot live without anyone. sakura felt that she had found her best friends-naruto n sasuke. but in this case, sasuke's gone n sakura has lost one of her best friend, so she didn't want to lose anyone anymore. she did many things this far to keep naruto and protect him, coz now naruto is sakura's the only friend.

in nonneutral thoughts:
i can see sakura's feeling to naruto as the time goes by (haha) n i'm sure that sakura's starting to love naruto.
omg isn't that great?? naruto's wish is going to come true!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users