41 replies to this topic

#21 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 07:45 AM

Something that disappointed me about part 1 was the lack of major missions for Team 7. There was only one big one before the Chunin Exams, and that was it. There should have been more missions like the Land of Waves in manga canon before Sasuke left for Orochimaru

#22 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 08:22 AM

Something that disappointed me about part 1 was the lack of major missions for Team 7. There was only one big one before the Chunin Exams, and that was it. There should have been more missions like the Land of Waves in manga canon before Sasuke left for Orochimaru

Yeah all they do is bury Zabuza, go through some crazy crap with Gaara, and then just sort of split off during the Tsunade arc. Team 7 aren't even that close and their "bonds" are overrated except for Naruto and Sakura's.

#23 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,986 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 10:55 AM

It had potential. Kishi just didn't deliver in the end cause he was relying on others to help him in the hopes of copmpteting with Oda or something like that. It's really not complicated. Besides I may hate this series forever now but I still have some fond memeories. Its just at the same time it angers me to see that all those fond memeories amounted to nothing.

Edited by Phantom_999, 16 May 2015 - 10:55 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#24 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 16 May 2015 - 12:38 PM

the story world was apppealing to me, kinda like harry potter's wizardry world, this is a story about magical ninjas~

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#25 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:35 PM

Luck, ALLOT of luck,

First stroke of luck, the creater of Hunter x Hunter falls ill so his manga which was more popular than Naruto was not updated as often.

Second stroke of luck, Harry Potter's popularity, and coincidently, Naruto was also about an orphan child who grew up with feeling unloved, and had the most touched by the most evil (malise) anyone in that world had ever known. Both had to prove themselves, and the main antagonist (atleast first part) was related to snakes somehow.

Third stroke of Luck: 4-Kids destroyed One Piece anime adaptation and put off allot of potential fans to that series, so Naruto took it's place.

Stroke of Luck 4: He was assigned an editor that managed to get the best out of Kishi and guide him.

iAnby7W.gif

#26 goldenarms

goldenarms

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:54 PM

Because it was all about ninja, which was something that wasn't really done very much, plus Naruto went gleefully flying in the face of "real ninja" conventions, such as the black pajama-clad look, and the near absence of any swordfighting. Most of all, he was interesting -- literal last minute story change gave us a young ninja who bore a demon sealed inside of him instead of a demon who was trapped in the form of a young boy.

#27 HuskyLover

HuskyLover

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Interests:KibaHina
    NaruSaku
    EdXWinry
    Kiba Inuzuka
    Sakura Haruno
    Edward Elric
    Monkey D. Luffy

One Piece
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    n̶a̶r̶u̶t̶o̶ (not anymore)
    HXH
    Some others too

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:24 PM

Chunin Exams is really what made this series Take off.

...while the Land of Waves arc was really good, it was the chunin exams that really got people talking about Naruto.

The Sasuke Retrieval Arc, helped Naruto grow even bigger in terms of popularity.

But then After Part 1.......well you know the rest.... :sweat:

Cute-Husky-Puppies-3-dogs-30206500-500-3

#28 milan kyuubi

milan kyuubi

YATO

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,117 posts
  • Interests:Nothing.....somthing.....dunno.......

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:46 PM

Who didn't get the goosebumps the first time Naruto used Kurama's chakra in Wave arc? :D I know I did! XD

Yp330yZ.gif

#29 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:33 AM

Who didn't get the goosebumps the first time Naruto used Kurama's chakra in Wave arc? :D I know I did! XD

Good times. Sakura slowly hinting feelings for Naruto and developing as a character, Naruto slowly learning about true strength, balanced and interesting fights and the last time team 7 actually acts like a team. And yeah, Naruto using the kyuubi chakra. I remember back when even one tail was made out to be the be all end all. And perhaps the only story arc that doesn't focus too much on the damn Uchiha bloodline.

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 17 May 2015 - 01:36 AM.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#30 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:37 AM

Good times. Sakura slowly hinting feelings for Naruto and developing as a character, Naruto slowly learning about true strength, balanced and interesting fights and the last time team 7 actually acts like a team. And yeah, Naruto using the kyuubi chakra. I remember back when even one tail was made out to be the be all end all. And perhaps the only story arc that doesn't focus too much on the damn Uchiha bloodline.

Especially when Naruto takes down Haku when his anger at Sasuke's supposed death brought out Kurama's chakra and shattered Haku's Crystal Ice Mirrors.

#31 griff142

griff142

Member of Kishi's execution squad

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:I love anime. I am also a football geek and video game nerd.

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:45 AM

Especially when Naruto takes down Haku when his anger at Sasuke's supposed death brought out Kurama's chakra and shattered Haku's Crystal Ice Mirrors.

Yes that is what it should have been about. More about ninja stuff with their unique abilities and had to use their strengths to win battles and not power levels which took control in the second part too much. It is okay to add a little power because of the kyuubi.

#32 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:55 AM

Yes that is what it should have been about. More about ninja stuff with their unique abilities and had to use their strengths to win battles and not power levels which took control in the second part too much. It is okay to add a little power because of the kyuubi.

Agreed, Griff, as long as it doesn't get over the top. I mean, even with Naruto learning to better use Kurama's chakra later on, it wasn't to the point he'd be super insanely powerful since he still would have weaknesses going for him, just as he does in Sage Mode, even if he can better control Sage Mode's abilities of natural energy moreso than Jiraiya could. Some things just got to be way too damn much if you ask me...

#33 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 02:55 AM

Yeah all they do is bury Zabuza, go through some crazy crap with Gaara, and then just sort of split off during the Tsunade arc. Team 7 aren't even that close and their "bonds" are overrated except for Naruto and Sakura's.

Which is why we needed more missions like the wave arc to develop the bonds of Team 7. Which would have made Sasuke's defection much more emotional impactful than it was. And also back up Naruto's claim that Sasuke was a valuable and close friend.

#34 db84x

db84x

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:59 AM

It fun to read until the end, maybe not masterpiece but quite entertaining

#35 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:33 AM

Which is why we needed more missions like the wave arc to develop the bonds of Team 7. Which would have made Sasuke's defection much more emotional impactful than it was. And also back up Naruto's claim that Sasuke was a valuable and close friend.

Yes this. It will make their angst about Sasuke more believable that way. Even tho i love team 7..sadly they are overrated.

#36 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:07 PM

Yes this. It will make their angst about Sasuke more believable that way. Even tho i love team 7..sadly they are overrated.

Yes, kishi should make team 7 mission in between chunin exam and sasuke leave konoha.

#37 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 02:43 PM

Luck, ALLOT of luck,

First stroke of luck, the creater of Hunter x Hunter falls ill so his manga which was more popular than Naruto was not updated as often.
Second stroke of luck, Harry Potter's popularity, and coincidently, Naruto was also about an orphan child who grew up with feeling unloved, and had the most touched by the most evil (malise) anyone in that world had ever known. Both had to prove themselves, and the main antagonist (atleast first part) was related to snakes somehow.
Third stroke of Luck: 4-Kids destroyed One Piece anime adaptation and put off allot of potential fans to that series, so Naruto took it's place.
Stroke of Luck 4: He was assigned an editor that managed to get the best out of Kishi and guide him.

Err, the first one is untrue. (At least according to my sources). After his YYH manga, the editorial department cut a deal with him to stay with them. This is after DB and Slam Dunk ended, leading to the infamous vaccuum for Jump. In fact, the only manga that has had great success was Rurouni Kenshin. But it wasn't as big-selling as the former two at the time, I believe, despite becoming an important piece of work that introduced to manga/anime.

The deal with Togashi was that they'd let him do anything he wanted and an unlimited days of vacations whenever he wanted to.

Note that this is mainly a rumor, with little evidence to back it up.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#38 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:00 PM

Part one. It started off so good, people instantly liked it.

+++otakus, yahagi, and it aired on american TV.

Edited by sushi., 17 May 2015 - 08:01 PM.

ナルサク

#39 DextersBro

DextersBro

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Watching anime, tennis, culinary arts, hanging out with friends, tigers

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:25 PM

The advertisement. People wouldn't know Naruto so such if it wasnt for the advertisement.

Dexter+on+fire.gif

#40 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:47 PM

It was the first arcs that made Naruto a smash hit.

-The Land of Waves arc (fans like Zabuza and Haku).

-The chunin exams (this arc was awesome truly what got me hooked on Naruto).

Though I still think Kishimoto should have never created Hinata in the first place. Maybe created her without the obsessive crush on Naruto or using him as inspiration to get stronger.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users