narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:11 PM

Sure thing :)! And thanks for replying!

Just in general. Some questions I see are why anyone would like SasuSaku AT ALL and go straight into...not really fandom bashing per se but just generalizations and a few harsh accusations.

For me personally, I'll admit there are superficial reasons like pink and blue just being pleasing aesthetically(and to be fair I initially liked NaruSaku for superficial reasons as well haha).

But for real I just like to see their personalities clicking.

Sakura is kind and caring, definitely a people person, somewhat impatient with a short temper and can be mischievous under the right conditions, and above all she's incredibly intelligent with a lot of potential. 

As for Sasuke, he's socially awkward to the brim(it's actually kind of funny how he has allies since he's so direct with people lol) and stoic, but also fiercely determined, incredibly intelligent and indeed if you can get him(and keep him) on your side...And well he DOES have those moments(just like Naruto and Sakura) where you are reminded of his part 1 self and where's he kinda adorably(sorry to use that word haha) human.

The main point of that is Sasuke and Sakura are 3D characters. Sasuke isn't JUST the stone-cold stoic or the psychopathic, floozy, and Sakura isn't just the tsundere. They have these strengths and weaknesses that play off of each other and for me personally, personality compatibility is what draws me to certain fictional couples.

As for the relationship, I REALLY DON'T see this as an unequal relationship.

In fact it gets point out time and time again that Sakura is standing up to Sasuke. She's not super impressed with him at the moment and she won't tolerate him being rude to Naruto. I do believe that if Sasuke were to be rude to a guest or get dangerous during training, she'd assert her opinion just as she would with Naruto.

And judging by Sasuke's interactions with Karin, Itachi, Obito, and to some extent Naruto, Sasuke wouldn't just turn his back on Sakura when she's speaking. Sasuke actually does a lot of listening and I think his respect for the person(or in Naruto's case, just plain determination to get away from) decides whether or not he'll consider their words and respond. He can get bullheaded no doubt But I don't think it's something that Sakura can't handle/should leave him for.

And Sasuke would respect Sakura and vice versa, because these two would really have to care and love each other to be in a relationship. Sasuke was never the type of character to get in a relationship purely for appearences sake or for the 'goal of having Uchiha babies' and Sakura has learned by now that she shouldn't be with something just because of who is he or she THINKS she should be with them. 

And that's the cliff notes version.

NOTE THIS IS NOT an attempt to get you to like SasuSaku OR believe in it's chances of happening in canon! Seriously it ISN'T. I wanted to do this because again, I see a lot of generalizations and accusations geared towards SasuSaku fans, and I see a LOT of questions asked, but none of this gets addressed(and answers contain generalizations) because I guess there are no SasuSaku fans here :P.

I don't want to pick or start a fight or anything. Just hopefully debunk some stereotypes. I come in peace I swear haha :D!

Are you a SS shipper or SK shipper? I am a hardcore NS shipper myself because this pairing is just perfect and adorable. Relevance of Karin in Sasuke's life and her importance to Sasuke has been beautifully explained in some of your posts. I am NS shipper and I support SK just because I want NS to go canon XD. I don't ship SK as much as I ship NS, but yeah I do support it to some extent. I respect your views on Sakura being the right person for Sasuke, but I disagree with some things. Superficial reasons like blue goes well with pink are okay, but I disagree to the fact that Sakura's and Sasuke's personalities mesh well with each other. Its more like Sakura's and Naruto's personalities mesh well with each other, and that's exactly why they were compared to Heaven and Earth, one incomplete without the other. 'They have their strengths and weaknesses that play off each other and for me personally, personal compatibility is what draws me towards certain fiction couples' this thing more of applies to NS rather than SS. I don't say that SS relationship is unequal/bad/negative, I mean it can turn out to be good but NS is the best. Its not the matter of bad and good I am talking about here, but a matter of good and best, you see?. Now, since our views differ I won't say you are wrong and I am right, its just that you are right in your place and I in mine. I still do believe that deep down, Sasuke is still the part 1 good Sasuke but personally, it would take a lot lot more to make SS work since he has been very bad to everyone especially Naruto and Sakura(He tried to kill her TWICE) and he hasen't even apologised for it yet except for Karin. He has surely left a negative imprint on Sakura and whatever he does, Sasuke's impression will never be the same infront of Sakura how much ever she pretends it to be. SK can strengthen based on the current scenarios. Maybe my opinion is biased, but hey its just my opinion, not everyone feels the same. Now, I do respect your views on SS and why you like it and I do not mean to insult your views or bash SS in this post, incase I have done so, my sincere apologies for it :)

Edited by narusaku256, 27 March 2014 - 02:18 PM.

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#22 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:51 PM

Are you a SS shipper or SK shipper? I am a hardcore NS shipper myself because this pairing is just perfect and adorable. Relevance of Karin in Sasuke's life and her importance to Sasuke has been beautifully explained in some of your posts. I am NS shipper and I support SK just because I want NS to go canon XD. I don't ship SK as much as I ship NS, but yeah I do support it to some extent. I respect your views on Sakura being the right person for Sasuke, but I disagree with some things. Superficial reasons like blue goes well with pink are okay, but I disagree to the fact that Sakura's and Sasuke's personalities mesh well with each other. Its more like Sakura's and Naruto's personalities mesh well with each other, and that's exactly why they were compared to Heaven and Earth, one incomplete without the other. 'They have their strengths and weaknesses that play off each other and for me personally, personal compatibility is what draws me towards certain fiction couples' this thing more of applies to NS rather than SS. I don't say that SS relationship is unequal/bad/negative, I mean it can turn out to be good but NS is the best. Its not the matter of bad and good I am talking about here, but a matter of good and best, you see?. Now, since our views differ I won't say you are wrong and I am right, its just that you are right in your place and I in mine. I still do believe that deep down, Sasuke is still the part 1 good Sasuke but personally, it would take a lot lot more to make SS work since he has been very bad to everyone especially Naruto and Sakura(He tried to kill her TWICE) and he hasen't even apologised for it yet except for Karin. He has surely left a negative imprint on Sakura and whatever he does, Sasuke's impression will never be the same infront of Sakura how much ever she pretends it to be. SK can strengthen based on the current scenarios. Maybe my opinion is biased, but hey its just my opinion, not everyone feels the same. Now, I do respect your views on SS and why you like it and I do not mean to insult your views or bash SS in this post, incase I have done so, my sincere apologies for it :)

I don't know why SasuKarin fans emphasize that Sasuke tried to kill Sakura twice and Karin 'only once' because Sakura's reaction, one time, two times, is the appropriate reaction. It is a detriment to Karin's character that she was going back to him and still loving him after she had, quite wonderfully said that she was 'done with him'. Also his apology to me wasn't very heartfelt. It was like "oh sorry about that one time". Even if he said "sorry" to Sakura, that's just a word. Karin never had a problem with the person Sasuke is now; she's shown concern, but unlike Naruto and Sakura she doesn't actively disapprove. Sometimes, she finds his dark side 'cool' which is really concerning. Again, I'm coming from the side of part 1 Sasuke that if Karin really loved, she'd be just as upset as Sakura about his behaviour. The reason she fell in love with him, after all, is because she loved his smile from when she was 12/13. It seemed like she was, but then just when her character peaks in respectability it has to go and be smeared by fangirling over Sasuke. 

At least the SasuSaku pairing has decency; their pairing and all its complications aren't handwaved and giggled aside. We know for Sakura it would take more than a sorry, because she's not that easy--a lot of trust was broken, he's not the Sasuke she knows, the Sasuke that WAS the better person than he is now. Karin may be able to live with Sasuke as he is now (so long as she doesn't get in his way...) but that's not good for either character, or at least it's not what appeals to me personally. Some people obviously like Sasuke as is; I don't. Karin is a huge disappointment because she was doing so well, and if things were handled differently maybe I could have taken her overwhelming power of love to save Sasuke seriously. Except, it's just another way Karin is being overzealous without much supporting why. Since he stabbed her, since she 'almost' hit him, she hasn't been by his side. All that stood between a sword through her chest and a sword through his was a single sorry. 

I don't even know between SasuSaku and SasuKarin which I would prefer because it's neither. I don't dispute any 'end game' potential; I don't think this is what the thread is about. It's about why people like it, and what I like about the combination is that it's at least a pairing that would handle things with the proper weight. They have a foundation that has been shown in the story; just as ambiguous on Sasuke's part as it was for SasuKarin, but at least we saw them interact together in a land that wasn't 'off screen' and that was back when Sasuke was, personally, a decent character. I know that Sakura doesn't accept the path Sasuke is on; she wants to bring him back to a point that is honestly for the best for him. Except, I think as we saw after the Kage Summit she's more willing to let him go than Naruto is--she'd accept that maybe Konoha isn't for him, She could see an alternative where he creates his own goals, as long as they are not ones that are destructive. She doesn't want Sasuke to be an enemy of friends.

That's complicated of course, because I can't see Sakura choosing to leave Konoha behind anymore than I can see Sasuke choosing to stay. Regardless, I can see it taking time. I know Sakura won't compromise herself. Karin of course hardly needs to compromise herself because she's so permissive--she may yell at him now and again but she's been his accomplice in a lot of things. I guess the strength with SasuKarin is they're both okay with the path of power, and again there clearly doesn't have to be much compromise. Sasuke wants something, Karin follows along, she yells at him, he provides stoic input, and if he transgresses over Karin's boundaries he can apologize and she'll be swayed by his sexiness eventually. Easy. Simple. Done. 

-shrug- 

Edited by Broken Figurine, 27 March 2014 - 03:55 PM.

#23 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:10 PM

I don't know why SasuKarin fans emphasize that Sasuke tried to kill Sakura twice and Karin 'only once' because Sakura's reaction, one time, two times, is the appropriate reaction. It is a detriment to Karin's character that she was going back to him and still loving him after she had, quite wonderfully said that she was 'done with him'. Also his apology to me wasn't very heartfelt. It was like "oh sorry about that one time". Even if he said "sorry" to Sakura, that's just a word. Karin never had a problem with the person Sasuke is now; she's shown concern, but unlike Naruto and Sakura she doesn't actively disapprove. Sometimes, she finds his dark side 'cool' which is really concerning. Again, I'm coming from the side of part 1 Sasuke that if Karin really loved, she'd be just as upset as Sakura about his behaviour. The reason she fell in love with him, after all, is because she loved his smile from when she was 12/13. It seemed like she was, but then just when her character peaks in respectability it has to go and be smeared by fangirling over Sasuke. 

First and foremost I am NOT a SasuKarin fan. I am an NS fan and I won't leave this ship at any costs, it may sink or whatever. I said I just support SK that too to some extent just so because I want NS to be canon. Secondly, I never emphasized on Sasuke stabbing Karin 'once' and trying to stab Sakura 'twice'. It was just a statement I provided to prove my point that though Sasuke mends his ways, his impression will never be the same as it was in part 1 in the eyes of Sakura but he will always be Karin's favorite irrespective of whatever he does. Thirdly, since I am a pure NS fan and I just ship SK for names sake, I don't have much insights on SK buildup so I choose to stay quiet about the rest of the part you said and accept what you say. Sorry if I was a bit rude or too blunt.

#24 Laylo

Laylo

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:46 PM

To be bluntly honest, I never "got" SasuSaku.

Since the beginning it looked like one of the classic love triangles: Boy likes Girl, Girl likes Another Boy, Another Boy does not know/care/reciprocate, Girl starts to warm up to Boy.

For me personally, it's the fact that Sasuke and Sakura are such dynamic characters. Neither can be described in only three words and you can't just place a label on them(like JUST calling Sakura a tsundere as if that's all there is to her character) and that'll explain it all.

It makes it easier for me to relate/understand/feel sympathy for their feelings and so imagining a boy like Sasuke returning Sakura's feelings and being genuinely happy with her gives me a warm fuzzy, feelings.

I guess if you switch the boy and girl in that very last statement; the appeal comes from there. Because it was great enough seeing Sasuke start to care for his teammates as friends(I like seeing the loner-on-purpose make friends), but seeing the potential for just a litttttttle bit more down the road would've been awesome. 

I have seen it often (Ranma 1/2, Slam Dunk, Evangelion... gender-flipped in Macross/Robotech or Kimagure Orange Road...) so I never gave much thought to SasuSaku. The story did not give me reasons to care for it, either.

Anyhow I appreciate you tried to give your point of view in a polite fashion, and I regret you have run into people bashing SS fans. There are rules against that in this forum, and they ARE enforced, but our mods can not spot all.

Just like how Naruto's part 2 development was dominated but Sasuke, ANY of Sasuke's ties/attachments to Konoha was dominated by Naruto.

In part 1 Sakura obviously loved Sasuke but did not understand him. If the story focused more(even by just a little) on HER journey/attempts to understand Sasuke more, then I would've thought that SS has a big chance. But it didn't. Only Naruto tried to understand him and so I see where all of the claims of Sakura's love for Sasuke being shallow come from and I can see why people don't really care to see her win him over haha.

I don't think her love was kiddie pool shallow. I just think that she was nowhere near mature enough to love a guy like Sasuke. She has matured by leaps and bounds but really towards understanding Naruto better. I mean I think she's mature enough now to at least get to know Sasuke better and do much better than when she was 12. But the story shows that she has a much better fit with Naruto now soo..yeah.

It's fine haha. We're all human. And the point of this thread is to hopefully debunk some of the harsher accusations and generalizations. But thanks :)! 

SS had a chance to become a serious contender for the love triangle drama if sasuke had romantic feeling to sakura backthen.

it doesn't necessary a proclamation of love, only a thought is enough, but sasuke never show it to her or anyone else  

sasuke is the combination of rukawa and vegetta.

Actually, I don't believe that Sasuke needed to have romantic feelings for Sakura back then for SS to be a contender. Because Sakura herself didn't have romantic feelings for Naruto and look at where they are now.

It's kinda what I say earlier, but I think in order for SS to have a better chance, the story would have needed to focus more on Sakura's refusal to let HER bond with Sasuke be severed and vice versa. I mean there were some points where it looked like Sakura was just as heartbroken as Naruto, but in the confession it appeared that she was chasing Sasuke mainly for Naruto.

Sasuke...I liked how in the fight with Killer Bee he thought of her, when he finally showed up to the battlefield she was the first person he spoke to, and when she was in trouble no one had to tell him to go save her. With him, it's the little things I gotta latch onto to believe that he still cares.

But with Sakura? There really wasn't an excuse NOT to focus on her feelings apart from Naruto.

On top of that, Sasuke hasn't been romantic towards Karin. Different, but not romantic. But I still believe that is the most likely Sasuke couple because we have little hints that Sasuke cares, but Karin's romantic feelings are given a lot more focus.

#25 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:48 PM

I can't answer your first sentence since I don't believe NS is sinking. But I WILL say that that isn't unique to SS fans and is actually more geared towards the Anti-NS fans than just SS fans in general(there definitely are SS fans who feel SS will happen but are neutral towards NS and so they don't bash it and try to reasonably explain why despite all of that has happened, SS will happen...but I guess we're not talking about them)

Yeah that's your opinion and if you don't want to debate that I will respect it. I just don't agree and I'll leave it at that :).

There was nothing to agree with or even to respond the first part inst towards you but rather the reason why i dont debate.
Which are people who ships SS and uses double standards saying NS ship is sinking.

Sasuke doesn't acknowledge Naruto and Sakura as weak. Otherwise he'd tell both of them to stand back and let him do the work instead doing a combo attack with their summoning. He never called Sakura weak or or even showed that he thought that way either. He saw her punch the ground and his reaction was not shock or surprise but a smirk as if he was witnessing a Sakura he knew(like back in part 1 when he acknowledged her genjutsu skills).

He was going to leave her behind during the bijuudama's attack he doesnt view them as equal he just doesnt care and viewed being superior to Naruto and Sakura he simply doesnt acknowledge he, obviously he did a combo with Naruto but that has nothing to do with seeing them as an equal he even told Naruto to get out of his way.
Even went with later during the fight with Obito on sage of six paths mode, he went full Vegita complex and become annoyed and angry about Naruto's powerlevel he even was mad at the thought of Naruto being stronger than him.

The only time where it'd appeared to me that he saw Naruto as weak is during their first reunion. But I think that had more to do with their reluctance to fight against him than their actual skill as ninja. He knows they all trained under the three Legandary Shinobi and I don't believe for a second that he felt Orochimaru was the strongest(just the most convenient)

Obito's fight completely negates this whole statement.

Otherwise I really don't believe he sees himself as superior to them or that they are unequal. Instead, Sasuke's problem stems from seeing them as useless to his overall ambition. He feels they would either contribute nothing or that their concern for him would hold him back. So he would rather not deal with them at all and I don't think his aloof attitude necessarily means he has an 'I'm superior' attitude.

Obito's fight again, he indeed viewed being superior to Naruto, and Sakura he doesnt really care.

But he never once implied that he thought they were unequal. Just one paths too different for them to actually work together or even be friends. So sorry I don't see any evidence there.

Obito's fight once again.
He wanted to kill Naruto and erase his past, Sakura didnt took any importance on his thoughts.

Sasuke is not a people person and he can be a little rude, but it wasn't like he hated people in general. He did those D-rank missions for a long time without complaining(I'm pretty sure it was Naruto who put his foot down).

On which most are fillers and even when he was going to leave the village he refered at it as "playing as ninjas".

That had nothing to do with Sasuke and everything to do with Sakura's immaturity. She was conflicted because she thought that Sasuke would prefer a sweet little doormat. She didn't realize that Sasuke had no preference and it wouldn't have made a difference how she acted so long as she still genuinely cared for him.

Actually i didnt bring up Sakura's immatirity the fact she's a 12 years old and that's normal for people to act that way it's just that Sasuke belonged to another world.
They were different people.
Sakura doesnt know about hatred and the hardships that both Naruto and Sasuke went though she's totally on a different world from that which in my opinion she doesnt match up with neither Sasuke or Naruto from development perspective.

Just judging by their characters I truly do believe that Sasuke would like Sakura's real personality. Certainly miles better than the girl she TRIED to be for him.

That's personal opinion on a hypothetical scenario.
The same can be said about any character but that's it.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 27 March 2014 - 07:51 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#26 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:04 PM

Don't hate the pairing nor like it, I see it impossible to happen. Kishi has given it so much "negative" development shoving the message to the reader's face" this pairing is the wrong one and is meant to never happen". Also the way Kishi has shown to me it goes like this. SS is like a corpse that Kishi keeps on stabbing again and again when its been dead for a long. Examples 483 trying to kill Sakura twice withou hesitation (that's Kishi stabbing the corpse twice). Anyway its nice to have someone who likes both NS and SS.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#27 Laylo

Laylo

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:24 AM

For me I don't think SasuSaku will work I mean when you look at all that Sasuke has done to so many people in the Manga and from what I have seen Sasuke has never shown any respect, he would just see her as he did Karin, to me as a tool. After all he has not even said sorry for killing her yet.

Wait...He did say sorry. And from the various explanations of what he said in the RAW scan AND Karin's reaction, he really meant it too.

I totally respect your opinion that SasuSaku is a terrible couple. I just think that if it doesn't work out, it's going to be because they don't love each other, not because Sasuke treats her like a maid. And I disagree about him seeing and treating Karin like a tool but if you want to debate about that I guess we would have to go the debate thread hah.

But then again we don't know after all Sasuke from what I can tell wants to kill Naruto, why I have no idea at this point, but the big question that we all want to know is when this all goes down who will Sakura pick. And with her trust in Sasuke broken it seems she will go to Naruto, I mean when I look at part 1 we see she always picked Sasuke, but she was just a 12 year old girl she didn't know better like many of us did at that age. But moving on as time moved on to pt 2 we see even in the last few chapter she is losing faith in Sasuke, but as I said we have to wait and see what Sasuke will do.

I feel that Sasuke has no love for Sakura. but I respect what you like.

Naruto stands in the way of him being Hokage.

Just kidding I have no idea what's going on between Naruto and Sasuke and frankly I don't care lol.

She's definitely going to pick Naruto. She sees Naruto is dying, she KNOWS he was fighting with Sasuke, and she doesn't for even a panel wonder what happened to him.

I've seen one person claim that when Naruto wakes up she'll immediately ask what happened to Sasuke but that is(pardon me) bull crap. She could've asked Gaara. She thought more about Naruto's dream that Sasuke's whereabouts. Kishimoto even drew a side by side panel of Sakura at Naruto's side while Sasuke lay dying alone.

While it's likely that Sasuke will be brought up when Naruto wakes up, I honestly don't think for a second it'll be implied/hinted/whatever that Sakura will worry more about Sasuke than Naruto. She doesn't trust him. No way will she want him up and walking around all honkey-dorey without Naruto also being awake and walking around.

Heck, I predict Naruto will bring Sasuke up before Sakura does. That's pretty much how it's always been in part 2 anyway :/.

Both! I ship both but I believe SasuKarin will be the end game pairing(hinted or otherwise).

Oh no doubt Sakura's personality goes very well with Naruto's. I definitely agree there.

I see what you are saying and I really can't argue that SasuSaku would be the overall better relationship because it's really all about personal preference. Because I see them as equally good. Like... NaruSaku would definitely have an easier time getting together, but both would be a happy ending for all involved :).

I understand that bothers people, but the murder attempts reeeeeeeally don't bother me. For several reasons:

1) It's not the first time in the manga someone tried to kill Sakura(or expressed an intent to kill her) and they were forgiven for it.

2) I know this gets said a lot, but Sasuke was a laughing maniac at the time. Now he's much calmer and he hasn't risen his sword against her yet.

3) Though it is pretty unique in that Sakura was personally targeted and she had such strong feelings for Sasuke, just the murder attempts by themselves aren't unique at all in the world of fiction.

I mean it's kinda hard to explain why it doesn't bother me but it just...really doesn't bother me haha. It's an obstacle, something to talk about, something Sasuke needs to work his ass off to make...but not something that's a deal breaker for me.

And again it's fiction so in real life I'd think a murder attempt is enough reason to skedaddle and never look back. 

Oh no you're so nice! I'm not offended at all by anything you said haha!

#28 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:37 AM

Interesting thoughts. I don't see too many SS/NS shippers on this forum and as you can tell SS is basically the black sheep of the pairing family on this site. But still, I like how you try explain SS to us. I've never agreed with the Anti-SasuSaku fans who criticize SS shippers by saying "Liking SS = you support abusive relationships." That's far too extreme and as much as most of us hate SS, we have to remember this is fiction.

I don't like SasuSaku. I never liked it, but I will admit Part I wasn't that bad. Sasuke was rude towards her sometimes, but he did care about her. He didn't show it much and I wouldn't say his bond with her was particularly deep, but it was something. And Sasuke wasn't that bad of a guy back then, just misguided. He wasn't evil, even if he had some darkness in him.

However, I disagree that Sasuke has respect for Sakura in Part II. Aside from that smirk at his power, he overall doesn't. He doesn't hate Sakura, but he doesn't like her either. You could say he's basically back to seeing her as he did in the very beginning of Part I minus his view of her being "weak".

Still, even when Sasuke gains respect for Sakura, SS won't work. Their personalities don't mesh well at all IMO and it's always been this way from the get-go. Sasuke is not a loving, warm guy. He never will be, even when he's good. And that's exactly what Sakura wanted. She was never in love with the real Sasuke. Not only did she fail to understand him, but she kept searching for a  "loving" Sasuke underneath the stoicism that never really existed. That doesn't mean he can't love, but his personality lacks the affection Sakura always craved. The bench scene was really open with this. Her childhood fantasy was Sasuke not having darkness and being this great, nice guy that only acted closed-off when that was not who he really was.

Sakura would just not be happy with Sasuke. Even if he came to love her, he would never show it and Sakura would always feel left out. She did love Sasuke, but there is not any scenario I can see her being happy in a relationship with Sasuke unless he became more open and broke down his own walls. He never did in the Part I and there's even less of a chance of that now.

I hate to bring in SK in this, but that's the major difference between SS & SK. Karin is not like Sakura, who would always get so disappointed and hurt whenever Sasuke said the slightest rude gesture to her. Sakura would crawl into a ball and sulk in silence (maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but accurate). Karin knows Sasuke is not a warm individual but she doesn't suffer from it and expect there to be more "underneath". Save for when he nearly killed her, but I'm talking about Sasuke as normal and not psychotic. Karin, to be blunt, doesn't give a crap. They both have darkness and Karin never expects him to be a sweet, kind person. She loves him for him. I don't ship SK either, but the one with unconditional romantic love for Sasuke is clearly not Sakura.

I know you argue SS might work now because Sakura's matured and is not as submissive with Sasuke, but I disagree. There's no solid proof Sakura would call out Sasuke on his crap so long as she has romantic feelings for him. In a lot of ways, Sasuke is still her weakness.  Even in Part II when Sasuke did something terrible or talked down to others, she very much took on her former role as quietly watching with a sad look. That is why Sasuke is bad for her. The only person and I repeat only person she has stood up for against Sasuke when he was at this worst was Naruto. Sasuke said far more gruesome things to Kakashi in the T7 reunion and Sakura didn't look mad or say a word. And, honestly, the fact that Naruto is the only person she was able to stand up to Sasuke could have to do with her own love for Naruto. Since she's never defended anyone else against Sasuke that angrily, I'm betting that's the case.

NaruSaku is far better than SS in almost every way IMO. Naruto isn't selfish like Sasuke and would always put Sakura's feelings before his own. He's the type of guy that would actually give Sakura open affection and make her feel like she was actually loved. Not only that, but Sakura understands him and similarly puts his needs before her own. She didn't do that with Sasuke. And they both respect each other but stand up to each other too when SS is extremely one-sided in that way. I respect your preferences, but I never shared SS's appeal.

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 28 March 2014 - 04:43 AM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#29 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:51 PM

Interesting thread. :thumb:

I used to be a BIG SasuSaku fan and a part of me will always do, even if i support NS now.

i can't help but feel a bit good, knowing that i'm not the only NS fan who likes SS too.

Afterall, it was SS that brought me to look up "Naruto". It was back in Part 1, where you could easily mistake the two (SS) to be an item if its your first time watching the anime. But the shallow reasons (like they look good together and they seems to be a perfect shoujo formula, with the cold/bad goodlooking guy and wishful normal girl type of drama) are NOT the ones that made me stick to the pair (even upto now). SS had a lot of potential before. IMO the SS confession was the most heartfelt one. and the "thank you" part was one of the saddest and meaningful line for me. He didn't left with an apology but with a grateful word that means he did treasure them, even if he wants to cut ties with his friends. By saying thank you, he admits that he did not regret it at all. and that made me like that confession so much, even if you don't put any romantic tone on it, it is still beautiful.

However, I did not start to jump off to another ship (NS) just because it is the most likely one to be the end game, or the parallels, nor because Naruto is the HERO therefore he should get the girl, but because they were able to develop on their own as an individual, has their own battles and challenges to overcome , yet someway or another those things only made them know each other and care for one another in both their own ways.

After the heartfelt confession of Sakura during part 1, both she and Sasuke had surely grown in their own respective ways, only not together but apart.

When Sakura "confessed" to Naruto and some NS fan and antis alike thought it was a nail in the coffin for the pair, but it did the opposite to me. It made me fully believe NS is the ONE. I can't explain it that well without this being a huge block of text but trying to cut it short, it wasn't as heartbreaking and dramatic as the part 1 SS confession but in itself shows "changes"  and development. It shows NS isn't just rainbows and butterflies, it has an ugly, strange side to it that needed to be resolved, it means it was meant to be "moved", it definitely didn't give me the "this is the END" feeling but a feeling of starting anew.

Actually, I don't believe that Sasuke needed to have romantic feelings for Sakura back then for SS to be a contender. Because Sakura herself didn't have romantic feelings for Naruto and look at where they are now.

It's kinda what I say earlier, but I think in order for SS to have a better chance, the story would have needed to focus more on Sakura's refusal to let HER bond with Sasuke be severed and vice versa. I mean there were some points where it looked like Sakura was just as heartbroken as Naruto, but in the confession it appeared that she was chasing Sasuke mainly for Naruto.

well said. :thumbsup:

Its like drawing a line between NS and SS. individually, the trio had grown, but who managed to grow together? and who had grown apart?

Now, SS just gives off that "first love" vibe, as cliche as it sound, its the kind you can't and will never be able to remove completely but it doesn't mean it is THE ONE. afterall most people has this first love they couldn't put down but they were able to grow and learn so much because of it. the next love may not be as exciting and raw as the first but it definitely moved passed twitter-patted stuffs. 

#30 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:37 PM

the next love may not be as exciting and raw as the first but it definitely moved passed twitter-patted stuffs. 

I disagree. If you can understand yourself and what true love really means to you then the next love you acquire can be even more passionate, raw and exciting.

The way Sakura comes to love Naruto will not be the same in which she came to love Sasuke, because with Naruto she'll have an understanding of what it means to deeply love someone for all they are. And that will make Sakura's love for Naruto be even more exciting and raw than anything she ever felt for Sasuke.

Sorry but I never liked this promotion of how first love is supposed to be this "whirlwind of emotion" that no other love afterwards will compare to. If anything when you find true love it's an even bigger "whirlwind of emotion", but if you have matured and know your emotions then you won't be overwhelmed by that whirlwind.

#31 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:03 AM

@redragon88

I see we have different views on it. Maybe my experiences greatly differ from yours for us to define it that way or you just get what i said in the wrong way.

But when i described first love as "raw", i was pointing out how it is inexperienced, unrefined and undiluted it is.

As it was the FIRST, therefore anything you had during that time is just that and you wont have other experiences to compare it too, yet.

I also described it as exciting because it is at that time, "new" and can be spontaneous that could probably create such reaction.

By saying this, i do not put the "next love" as something that could not be as raw and exciting or even more compared to first love.

because i did say "it may not be". I am just putting the possibility there. Since comparing the two is unavoidable, yes it is wrong to compare two individual but our mind will always point things that are similar and not. Afterall, it will be weird if they were the same.

If i put it in the context of NaruSaku, if Sakura had really turned to love Naruto more than just friends, I wouldn't call it raw anymore, since she had experience loving another man before. It doesn't mean she cannot love Naruto as much as she did with Sasuke, I'm just saying the other cannot replace another because they have their own part in Sakura's life respectively.

Be it she ends up with Naruto, will not make her feelings for Sasuke untrue.

And as you've said, since she loves/loved another man then she now has the experience to have more deeper understanding of love.

#32 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:05 AM

@dejavu

When I think of raw love I think of it as the emotion in it's most strong and purest form, which is how I see Sakura's love for Naruto being. I guess we just have different definitions of it, so thank you for taking the time to explain your point of view.

Every individual evolves through love in different way, so I was just making sure that you weren't generalizing how people felt about first love. It's great for some, but for others it creates a greater sense of happiness when it's happens the second or third time around.

After all, isn't that part of Sakura's character? She had a crush on Sasuke and it was great and exciting, but as the series goes on she realizes it wasn't the type of happiness she truly yearned for in her heart. But now as she comes to love Naruto more as time goes on she'll come to the realization that with Naruto she feels something greater, something that her previous feelings for Sasuke wouldn't even come close to match.

#33 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:39 AM

SS had a lot of potential before. IMO the SS confession was the most heartfelt one. and the "thank you" part was one of the saddest and meaningful line for me. He didn't left with an apology but with a grateful word that means he did treasure them, even if he wants to cut ties with his friends. By saying thank you, he admits that he did not regret it at all. and that made me like that confession so much, even if you don't put any romantic tone on it, it is still beautiful.

I disagree with this. Naruto's 'Promise of a lifetime' was even more heartfelt than SS confession seeing how Naruto bottled up his emotions just for Sakura's sake. I don't see Sasuke involved in Sakura in a romantic way in Part 2 and neither in Part 1. If anything, it really was a 12-year old fangirl crush of Sakura on Sasuke. Sakura liked Sasuke because of his looks and he being the cool, alpha male and I think she wanted to 'change' him right? I think the concept of love is more of like 'You know your partner may not be the perfect guy, he/she may have some flaws and that he/she is not at all perfect. But inspite of all this you accept each other as they are and continue to like each other in some weird way, which is called love'. This is the case with NS. Both of them know that they are not perfect. But, still they have accepted each other as they are(I am assuming here that Sakura loves Naruto) and most of all they enjoy each other's company. Neither Naruto nor Sakura want to change something in other, but instead they like each other for 'them' and not 'what they want them to be'. Want an example? Naruto loved Sakura for her huge forehead back in part 1 when clearly she was teased by everyone for that and she wished she could change that, but Naruto thought of her as beautiful because of her large forehead and loved her for that. From Sakura's side now, she really loves Naruto for his goofy character; an example of which was given at the start of part 2 where she herself stated that It was hard to accept that Naruto had grown so much and that Naruto growing up kinda made her sad and she'd miss the childish Naruto. There are plenty of examples to elaborate this. Now, I don't mean to say SS is bad or SS is dark or criticize SS, it maybe good in its own way, but NS seriously has more meaning and more than that it has more depth than SS. Again, maybe I am being biased, but as I said earlier, you are right in your position and I in mine. Agree to disagree?

Edited by narusaku256, 29 March 2014 - 06:41 AM.

#34 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:40 AM

@narusaku256

You are very much free to disagree on that part as we all have our own preferences of "what is the best".

I appreciate your time to share your opinion.

Anyway the SS "thank you" scene was IMO, the most heartfelt for me during that time in the context of SasuSaku and confessions alone, since afterall it is the current topic. If i'm going to talk about NaruSaku then i would've mentioned the "Promise of a Lifetime".

I have nothing much to say with the rest of your post since, i am an NS fan, therefore i know and understand your points. The only thing i have to point out is you opinion about SS. granted that you have your right to think what you want of it but i would just like to point out that it differs from mine.

SasuSaku may not have the best of it during Part 2 but not in Part 1. Yes, she did start off with a superficial crush on Sasuke but she didn't just like him because of his looks, i could point out some scenes were Sakura was shown to have known Sasuke isn't that perfect but she wanted to help, be it as a lover or as a friend. This is not saying her love for Sasuke is better than of her relationship with Naruto. I just want to point out it isn't as shallow as that.

As an NS fan, i know Naruto and Sakura has a beautiful relationship, well developed and balanced. But for me, it wouldn't be right to label one as more meaningful and the other is rendered less for some reasons. I think SS has its own depth, so is NS.

I can understand you though...NS is really meaningful even for me. its just that i think SS is as meaningful to me even if i think it wouldn't happen anymore.

@redragon88

I see... its just for me NS is more of a "refined" love than something raw.

afterall they've been through their relationship and them as an individual has been developed already since they are more mature now.

Like in Part 1 Sakura was bold in showing her attraction to Sasuke, to the extent she'll even kiss him right off the bat (yea it was Naruto though lol). that made me see it as raw.

The Sakura right now towards Naruto seems to think first (sometimes a lil bit too much) before anything else. She considers Naruto's situation and feelings even before her own. although sometimes her "ways" of doing it isn't the best but she has nothing but good intentions for him..and that i think i see as something as refined and couldn't be as raw as SS since she now knows better. 

If there is something I'd like to point out as "raw" about NS is... oh never mind :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Edited by dejavu, 29 March 2014 - 09:58 AM.

#35 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:39 AM

@narusaku256

You are very much free to disagree on that part as we all have our own preferences of "what is the best".

I appreciate your time to share your opinion.

Anyway the SS "thank you" scene was IMO, the most heartfelt for me during that time in the context of SasuSaku and confessions alone, since afterall it is the current topic. If i'm going to talk about NaruSaku then i would've mentioned the "Promise of a Lifetime".

I have nothing much to say with the rest of your post since, i am an NS fan, therefore i know and understand your points. The only thing i have to point out is you opinion about SS. granted that you have your right to think what you want of it but i would just like to point out that it differs from mine.

SasuSaku may not have the best of it during Part 2 but not in Part 1. Yes, she did start off with a superficial crush on Sasuke but she didn't just like him because of his looks, i could point out some scenes were Sakura was shown to have known Sasuke isn't that perfect but she wanted to help, be it as a lover or as a friend. This is not saying her love for Sasuke is better than of her relationship with Naruto. I just want to point out it isn't as shallow as that.

As an NS fan, i know Naruto and Sakura has a beautiful relationship, well developed and balanced. But for me, it wouldn't be right to label one as more meaningful and the other is rendered less for some reasons. I think SS has its own depth, so is NS.

I can understand you though...NS is really meaningful even for me. its just that i think SS is as meaningful to me even if i think it wouldn't happen anymore.

I guess, I haven't been an SS fan from the start and so if you put up something against NS I can only defend NS ship by providing counter arguments to the put up SS arguments. Since, I don't have much insight into SS moments I cannot add new ones and put up that 'here it was love and here it is just friendship'. All that I can do is defend NS against the points of SS on which you/others have more insights on. Short: This argument will go on forever XD. So, agree to disagree XD?

#36 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:42 PM

@ narusaku256

It was a good discussion anyhow, thank you for sharing your insights :smile:

I support SS from the beginning but i came to understand and develop fondness over NaruSaku as time passes because i was able to witness it unfold in a beautiful manner with flaws and everything that i could no longer deny its possibility. I used to set aside NS and even came to a point that i thought they resemble a sibling type relationship but that was a long time ago. It wasn't about reading forums and debates that i get to love NS but when i reread the manga, the pair had made me love it on its own. 

That's why i find these kinds of discussion interesting and useful since i get to know how others view things. especially from those people like you had liked NS from the start. It made me think why haven't i noticed it from the beginning like they do? (although maybe its bec. i started from the chuunin exams that i didnt get the whole picture immediately  :sweatdrop: )

#37 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:45 PM

@ narusaku256

It was a good discussion anyhow, thank you for sharing your insights :smile:

I support SS from the beginning but i came to understand and develop fondness over NaruSaku as time passes because i was able to witness it unfold in a beautiful manner with flaws and everything that i could no longer deny its possibility. I used to set aside NS and even came to a point that i thought they resemble a sibling type relationship but that was a long time ago. It wasn't about reading forums and debates that i get to love NS but when i reread the manga, the pair had made me love it on its own. 

That's why i find these kinds of discussion interesting and useful since i get to know how others view things. especially from those people like you had liked NS from the start. It made me think why haven't i noticed it from the beginning like they do? (although maybe its bec. i started from the chuunin exams that i didnt get the whole picture immediately  :sweatdrop: )

I came to love this pairing pretty much the same way as you did(You know the second paragraph, the pair made me love them on its own and all minus supporting SS from beginning part ofcourse). Its okay to notice things later, nothing wrong in that :). You have your views, I have mine. Its more of personal preference really, if you ask me. Anyways, nice discussion it was from your part too as well as other SS fans. I got to have some insights on SS which I lacked. It was nice knowing what the status and the position of opposite pairing was, but still, for me its NS for life XD, whatever is the end game.

Edited by narusaku256, 29 March 2014 - 05:00 PM.

#38 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:20 AM

If SasuSaku ever does happen at this point it'll make the parallel at the end of chapter 662 completely pointless

eh10ut.jpg

#39 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:47 AM

If SasuSaku ever does happen at this point it'll make the parallel at the end of chapter 662 completely pointless

Parallels don't solidify parrings, Pepsi.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#40 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:04 AM

Parallels don't solidify parrings, Pepsi.

No, but he didn't say that. Pepsi's right. SS would make the parallels pointless. Parallels is such a common literary trope, they led us towards NS, so of course SS would make them pointless. That still doesn't mean they solidify pairings.

Edited by sushi., 30 March 2014 - 01:04 AM.

ナルサク

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users