Close
Photo

Again, can we all calm down and stop freaking out?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
67 replies to this topic

#21 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Apr 11 2013, 01:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif

To be fair, there are just hardcore Naruto fans that will agree to anything. Like finding one moment from Youtube, a lot of them will call it the best movie ever, best anime ever, etc.

Yeah, I guess you also are right... for example, I just seen an topic on NF called like "This was so very well done" and I was so -> headscratch.gif

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#22 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (六道仙人 @ Apr 10 2013, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I guess you also are right... for example, I just seen an topic on NF called like "This was so very well done" and I was so -> headscratch.gif

Lol. Well, opinion is opinion. To me, this chapter is a changeable opinion chapter.

#23 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:53 PM

Well The Sasuke becoming good all of a sudden makes people wonder if Kishi is gooing to pair out of the blue as well. So it is not a threat to NS but is a valid reason to worry. It's like not even Kishi is taking this seriously anymore.

Edited by Phantom_999, 10 April 2013 - 11:54 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#24 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE (六道仙人 @ Apr 10 2013, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Of course laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif you guess about that
-Positive votes from Sasuke fans
-Positive votes from NH ("Omg! Sasuke is goog! So Sakura can get him!! Yeaaah it's over kittenes!')
-Obviously positive votes from SS laugh.gif
-Positive votes from NaruSasu fans

LMAO Darn those shippers!!

#25 Guest_Crimson_*

Guest_Crimson_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Apr 10 2013, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well The Sasuke becoming good all of a sudden makes people wonder if Kishi is gooing to pair out of the blue as well. So it is not a threat to NS but is a valid reason to worry. It's like not even Kishi is taking this seriously anymore.

He's been contemplating the issue ever since meeting with Itachi a second time. headscratch.gif Admittedly, Sasuke arbitrarily deciding to help Konoha based on Hashirama's rather lackluster answer to his question was a bit questionable on Kishi's part, but you can't say it hasn't been building up to something along these lines.
Even then, I have my doubts that Sasuke has been fully redeemed from this point on until the end of the series. The final confrontation between Naruto and Sasuke is very much inevitable, and it's just a matter of how Kishi will get there from this point on.

If you're still clinging on to NS so strongly after the past two years, then this chapter should not have given you any more reason to let go.

Edited by Crimson, 11 April 2013 - 12:09 AM.

#26 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:12 AM

Let go of NS? Never. That's the kind of fan I am. Even If it is not them I will still consider them my favorite Pairing and the only pairing for me. I just won't be deluded enough to make up fanfics about what is not and I won't hate or call them not being together fan discontinuity. My comment is only to reflect that If Kishimoto himself is redeeming Sasuke at the drop of a hat, then Making a pairing out of the blue would not be too far off either. It doesn't have to make sense, it just has to happen. Not that I'm implying it will, but this goes to show that the author can do what they themselves please, consistent or non-consistent. Of course I'm being pre-mature about this, and can always be proven wrong that there is logical explanation for this so I will refrain from commenting further.

Edited by Phantom_999, 15 April 2013 - 10:44 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#27 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE (Crimson @ Apr 10 2013, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's been contemplating the issue ever since meeting with Itachi a second time. headscratch.gif Admittedly, Sasuke arbitrarily deciding to help Konoha based on Hashirama's rather lackluster answer to his question was a bit questionable on Kishi's part, but you can't say it hasn't been building up to something along these lines.
Even then, I have my doubts that Sasuke has been fully redeemed from this point on until the end of the series. The final confrontation between Naruto and Sasuke is very much inevitable, and it's just a matter of how Kishi will get there from this point on.

If you're still clinging on to NS so strongly after the past two years, then this chapter should not have given you any more reason to let go.

For a NH fan, you're too awesome. I agree with you. It's too early to say anything but rushed. So yeah, I will wait and see more.

#28 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Apr 10 2013, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I only have two concerns.

Most important :
1st - the lover-nin wiht the "great guy" thing, then Sasuke becomes good helps the alliance he will also become a "great guy" undo the possible development of 540.

2nd-> Sakura becoming a fangirl again

Or Kishimoto twisted 540 to something like "he was not a great to you".

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 11 April 2013 - 12:42 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#29 narusakuluv

narusakuluv

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Apr 11 2013, 12:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is his lifelong work. You don't think he's taking this seriously?

Either Sasuke has not been fully redeemed, or we will get a more in-depth reason behind his redemption later when he arrives on the battlefield. Seriously, Sasuke turning to The Dark Side was the biggest plot-twist Kishimoto ever made. If it were fully resolved, don't you think he would have milked it for all it's worth?
I can remember when Sasuke killed Orochimaru and was hunting down Itachi, while the Leaf Peoples were also hunting down Itachi. I seriously thought Konoha and Sasuke were going to team up now that Orochimaru was out of the way, thus leading to Sasuke's redemption Then I was completely shocked when Itachi was good and Sasuke joined Akatsuki. (Granted, I was 14, but still). Just because it looks like Sasuke is headed one way now doesn't mean that is his final destination. He is a character whose trajectory squiggles all over the place.
If there's one thing I've learned from following this series its that it is unpredictable.

Also:
How funny is it that we have two threads going about this and most of the people on this thread are also on the other one? tongue.gif
Avatar from the amazing Natsumi's The Uneasy Question Sequel

#30 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Apr 10 2013, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For a NH fan, you're too awesome. I agree with you. It's too early to say anything but rushed. So yeah, I will wait and see more.

His comment might seem offensive to the fandom in general and sometimes he seems too harsh about it, But to be honest I don't know if I'm wrong or not about it but it's ironic that he is asking the fandom to keep believing in the pairing and at the same time disappointed at some members behavior.

He might say he doesn't but I believe he feels something positive about NS maybe not the fandom only the pairing, but like I said i could be wrong even when I don't believe I'm wrong about my assumption of him.

@OP
I start having fun while reading your post but lately your post are starting to become ridiculously too long (no offense intended)

If you could summarize them a little more people will have even more fun reading them. Anyway nice Job and thanks for the effort. a_thumbs.gif

Edited by Don-kun, 11 April 2013 - 12:56 AM.

#31 swagosaurus

swagosaurus

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (Crimson @ Apr 10 2013, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What's with the condescending and patronizing attitude towards NS fans and the pairing? Every post I've seen from you has been like 'Clinging on to NS' 'Your beloved NS' 'Looks like we are all coming to terms with the unlikelihood of NS becoming canon' and your implied 'letting go' of NS.

I'm Swag. I'm a seventeen year old Canadian that hates everything.

#32 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Apr 10 2013, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am still on the fence about this one. Sasuke changes just too darn often: "I am going to destroy Konoha, I am gonna save it, I am gonna destroy it, I am gonna save it."

It's also very tiring.

Also, wasn't Naruto supposed to be doing this? It's not that Sasuke turning good was unexpected. We all knew this was coming. What was unexpected is Naruto having no involvement in the process at all. If Sasuke has turned good now and stays good, then all of Naruto's efforts and sacrifices were for not. Everything he gave up; his time, strength, effort, his love for Sakura, and such has no meanings now.

I don't know. The part with Sasuke leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Let me ask you this, would you guys hate it if the last match between Sasuke and Naruto was just a sparring match?

QUOTE (Branden @ Apr 10 2013, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that's what I don't understand. WHY ARE PEOPLE FREAKING OUT!

this was a great chapter! One of the most interesting in a long time.

Call me a non-conformist then. I don't think this was a great chapter at all. Okay, so is not AS bad as some claim it is, but it wasn't a brilliant peace of literature like some are making it out to be either. It doesn't support SS or NH. In fact, it mostly supports SK of all things. I kind of lost respect for Karin now too. This man tried to killed you and basically called you a tool, but he says "Sorry" and all of it is forgiven like that? Why does no one see problems with this?

Poor Sakura again. She fangirls Sasuke, she gets hated and called useless. Karin and Hinata fangirl their love and people love them for it? Am I really the only one who sees this? I guess so.

The Kages going to battle is exciting, but that's all I find interesting.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#33 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:55 AM

Its good to see some responses, so would this be the correct statement then?

Most are concerned about the sudden turn Sasuke has taken and are worried that Kishi may derail or degrade the story because of the repeated twists, for now its safe to say most are fine with everything else like the other characters, pairings, etc until otherwise if this stuff from Sasuke or repeated stuff like this could cause some shortcoming? Right?

This was a big chapter, I mean many do have the issue of Sasuke just jumping and I can see how the biggest stuff is him apologizing to Karin suddenly and people may have some concern but this turn was not out of nowhere.

We know Kishi has had a few asspulls and it gets tiring after a while, otherwise there are smaller or just convinent plot devices. These can be a few considered asspulls:

- Nagato turning good and reviving everyone- this can be hard to follow for some, but a lot of development followed it so it may have been to easy to some but it did impact many characters and it was the first so it could be excused.

- Naurto's two plot protections, Uzumaki clan stamina and Ginkaku and Ginkaku- Basiclly naruto could survive if Kurama was captured and these 2 minor characters though powerhouses were used as substitutes for awakening the ten tails.

- The Uzumaki clan reaper mask and gutting the reaper- this was recent and yeah kinda hard to follow.

- Neji dying for minor Hinata development- okay in honesty this one can still expand depending on what happens with Hinata, maybe during the fight she takes a leadership role for her clan? But as it stands this is something kishi can either expand on or just keep it down and ignore it like lots of other potential development (I still wish Sakura faced Kabuto at some point, a medic vs medic battle would have been neat, powerhouse vs precision attacks and who could make the better antidotes)

- One of the strongest ninja ever gets sidelined- I mean Hanzo, remember he was so strong the Sanin only stalemated him? Nagato killed him with reason we know. However I kinda feel that Mifune cut him out, as much as I like Mifune, this was a bit of a shortcoming to have interaction between 2 relatively minor characters. The war had its interesting parts but many other got sidelined, I mean many of us thought we would see much more carnage in this war, I was looking forward to Hanzo taking down many foes but then we just have a short duel between him and Mifune. I like Mifune but it was sad to see this crammed.

Well now we have this with Sasuke, but I'd call this one a neutral I mean he its not like he didn't have a reason or development that led him here. We saw this coming months ago, almost a year ago in chapter 590. Itachi left him unknown and gave him a reason, Sasuke had a reason to move forward he got an event, gradually moved forward in it and arrived at his choice. I'm not defending Kishi for asspulling but we know Sasuke was going to change, obviously he was not going to stick to revenge. I myself thought he would be left with a theory rather than an answer, I speculated he would fight Naruto for that answer to his theory. Well Sasuke is doing other stuff now. I would say we knew this was coming and he could not remain focused on revenge when that is what he was, he was going to change, we saw this months ago, its not like he didn't have a sudden interest. And it was Itachi that changed him, obviously the one who caused him the most pain would have the most influence on him.

I can see how people are worried about Sasuke acting just not himself like the emotionless rage emo he always was, him just turning now from one story from Hashirama when Naruto's efforts this whole time have been seemingly wasted. Especially the apology to Karin, well Karin was always a humor character but its bad to just revert her, this does not mean it will go for all other characters.

For now this can be a silver lining, Kishi may be able to make something good with it or not, but this stands to be seen, maybe Naruto's efforts won't be wasted? Its the first of its chapter, the end of an arc. Not every asspull or twist has led to some ruin, we are getting tired the sudden pulls, but we saw part of this one with Sasuke coming, just the response was not what we were expecting. This does leave some questions though like what will Sasuke and team do? How will the fight between him and the fight with Naruto? How will the development go from here when interacting with others? No clue but I'd just call this a neutral moment for now, I mean there have been worse moments, things being way too convenient. I mean at least Sasuke had a method of getting a new mentality, it was a gradual shift that put him there.

Until then, I'd just go viewing things the same way (save Sasuke) until interaction with others, mainly team 7 and Obito come into contact with him. This does not condemn or change anything. It seems rushed but we still don't know how long things will last. I mean I still see a possibility for the ten tails to go into a cocoon and cause a break in the action for some other development (such as taka+ the kages catching up, or they can do the old arrive near devastation moment). Its not like Sasuke would have remained on revenge forever but now that he is doing other stuff well, I still see it as the enemy of my enemy is my friend type deal, I mean he still needs to fight Naruto, he never said anything about returning to the leaf, only that he would protect it as Itachi did.

This is just another event if anything that will blow over until the next one, we react to that, that intensity depends on what kishi does with this, he can keep others in character with their own development with new Sasuke, just matters if he can make it reasonable and not destroy the development or purpose of others. (no Sakura ruining is what I know most of us want, not the pairing, ruining her point in the journey would be bad, we want to see her mature not regress).

As nothing has happened yet, well we get 2 chapters on the 24th so that should be interesting, but no reason to make an issue over things to still come, for all we know Kishi could end up doing something good with this and still keep all other characters in a good light. Its a silver lining to me, it seems bad but some good development could come from it.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#34 narusakuluv

narusakuluv

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Apr 11 2013, 01:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let me ask you this, would you guys hate it if the last match between Sasuke and Naruto was just a sparring match?

God yes. There have to be serious consequences on the line. Having to fight your brother to save your Village...if it is anything less dramatic than that, I will be very disappointed because it will have been a waste of over a decade of development.

Having said that, I have no doubt the fight between Naruto and Sasuke will be epic and heart wrenching. Kishi will pull through.
Avatar from the amazing Natsumi's The Uneasy Question Sequel

#35 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Apr 10 2013, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am still on the fence about this one. Sasuke changes just too darn often: "I am going to destroy Konoha, I am gonna save it, I am gonna destroy it, I am gonna save it."

It's also very tiring.

Also, wasn't Naruto supposed to be doing this? It's not that Sasuke turning good was unexpected. We all knew this was coming. What was unexpected is Naruto having no involvement in the process at all. If Sasuke has turned good now and stays good, then all of Naruto's efforts and sacrifices were for not. Everything he gave up; his time, strength, effort, his love for Sakura, and such has no meanings now.

I don't know. The part with Sasuke leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Call me a non-conformist then. I don't think this was a great chapter at all. Okay, so is not AS bad as some claim it is, but it wasn't a brilliant peace of literature like some are making it out to be either. It doesn't support SS or NH. In fact, it mostly supports SK of all things. I kind of lost respect for Karin now too. This man tried to killed you and basically called you a tool, but he says "Sorry" and all of it is forgiven like that? Why does no one see problems with this?

Poor Sakura again. She fangirls Sasuke, she gets hated and called useless. Karin and Hinata fangirl their love and people love them for it? Am I really the only one who sees this? I guess so.

The Kages going to battle is exciting, but that's all I find interesting.

I honestly don't care about Karin. She could be the most unlikable character in the manga and I still wouldn't care. She's just not important enough.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#36 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:16 AM

QUOTE (swagosaurus @ Apr 10 2013, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's with the condescending and patronizing attitude towards NS fans and the pairing? Every post I've seen from you has been like 'Clinging on to NS' 'Your beloved NS' 'Looks like we are all coming to terms with the unlikelihood of NS becoming canon' and your implied 'letting go' of NS.

Like I said he seems very offensive with his post, but in a weird way I kind of agree with him even when I really dislike the way how he express his thought, I feel that lately some of our member have really becomes mad for things not going the way they want plus their faith in NS many times seems kind of becomes easily shaky in to many occasions and is becoming kind of sad if you ask me.

If you wonder how do I see this guy, I see him like a trainer that will tell you anything when you about to give up in order for you to re-gain your spirit and become that beast once again.

This doesn't mean that I disagree with you since I am also reading his post so I know where you're coming from, but this is totally different from NS is dead you should give up, NH FTW, NS sucks it never going to happen or NS fans are delusional if you get what I mean?

#37 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:22 AM

QUOTE (Branden @ Apr 10 2013, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I honestly don't care about Karin. She could be the most unlikable character in the manga and I still wouldn't care. She's just not important enough.

Well, some people do.

I did.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#38 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:41 AM

whoa what did I miss 0_0

I'm not worried for narusaku XD if anything this will make narusaku even sweeter when it becomes canon XD

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#39 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Apr 10 2013, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Of course. I see no purpose behind it. I was highly invested that these two will fight each other and they may die as brothers. Hell, something like that made-up manga within Bakuman could have been impact and amazing. Granted I don't think they will die but the emotion play in this part will be crazy, crazier than their last fight. But if he truly goes to a sparring match, what do we gain? Where is the adrenaline? It will only make CC2 developers look foolish to heavily invest these two. Actually, anime and all media will go to a complete waste. So this is why I don't see it as it's already accomplishment. For now, we just have to guess.

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Apr 10 2013, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, some people do.

I did.

Lol. Did.

#40 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:09 AM

Well I did reread the chapter, with Sasuke apologizing to Karin, it was quick, maybe he did it just to get her back and following him so he could have a sensor again? I mean he still has his hardline attitude, just not going with revenge, this apology wasn't really sincere either, Sasuke probably just knows people and knows how to use them, I mean he did recruit the members of taka for their abilities to help take out Itachi initially, all joined mainly for some reason. I'd say Sasuke just got Krain under his use again, he really didn't apologize as in he regretted what he did from what I see, it most likely was not sincere. If anything that apology was just a convenient way for Kishi to reunite Taka.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users