Close
Photo

Why don't people hardly come here anymore?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

#21 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Oct 10 2011, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LC Days were the best. LOL.

Now this forum's pretty quiet.

Uggghh! Thats what all you elder people here in H&E say! I wish I was there for it, sadly I was too young for that kinda stuff (at ten I would of done nothing but got myself embrassed). happy.gif

me hearing about the old days here ----> blowup.gif

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#22 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:24 PM

Ah man, and Yakatsu.... Where is he anyway? He still banned?

#23 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,843 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Oct 10 2011, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah man, and Yakatsu.... Where is he anyway? He still banned?

I don't remember... I think he isn't, but he left the forums. But yeah, Shauna, Soupy-chan and the rest pretty much explained the whole situation. Plus, the intention of the forum isn't to become like other Naruto forums like NF, who gets at least 200-500 people online per average day. Hell, I'm hardly post now at days, yet I lurk around to see what's going on in the boards and only post when I have something to say. And then, members are in school whether it is high school or college, many of the older members have jobs to do, many of us do have real lives.

And yeah, lots of people did come on when Live Chat/Flash Chat was opened but sadly after all of the craziness and drama we had that cause many members to lose the privilage of accessing the system, it had to die out. (And we do have an outside chat system now).

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#24 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:50 PM

^Do we? I haven't heard of it.

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#25 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:59 PM

Its in my sig if that's what Derock is talking about.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#26 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (Fyuria'sLeo @ Oct 10 2011, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its in my sig if that's what Derock is talking about.

And the picture in your signature kinda explains this whole situation, I think. New members eventually slow down and such.

#27 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Oct 10 2011, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And the picture in your signature kinda explains this whole situation, I think. New members eventually slow down and such.

That's what I was going for. When I first joined I would post a lot, but Now I don't that much.

Edited by Fyuria'sLeo, 10 October 2011 - 10:50 PM.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#28 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:46 PM

It's been said already, but I think it's mostly the fact that it's fall now, since I feel like most of the members here are in the 14-22 yr. old age range, and most of us have to go back to middle/high school or college. On top that, when there's no new pairing moments to talk about, people tend to post less.

For me personally, I guess I don't really post in the Debate Thread as much anymore, since I get tired of repeating the same thing over and over again. It's interesting when we have S/S or N/H fans come here, since it spurs new conversations, but I guess I don't like to bring up the same points repeatedly. Some of our veteran members are usually alright about reiterating points to help answer newer members' questions, but I don't like to post if I can't put a new spin on something I've said already.

That being said, I actually feel like this site's been busier the last week than it usually is. The thread for the last chapter has over 15 pages now, instead of the usual 5 or 6. And like tricksie said earlier, there's actually been a pretty big influx of new members in the past month or so. Which is surprising, since there hadn't really been any definite pairing moments in the anime or manga before last week. For example, I joined this site after seeing Sakura's confession in the anime, and I know at least three semi-regular posters here joined within a week of me joining. I'm not sure if it was for the same reason, but I feel like pairing moments do tend to facilitate new members joining this site.

Edited by Boom...Winning, 10 October 2011 - 11:47 PM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#29 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:46 PM

discussions are slow because there is hardly anything to talk about all there really is to post about these days are manga discussions (only released once a week) shamefulcry0js.gif NS development(none right now,but this week looks promising) pictureem0.gif and ranting about the suckage of the anime fillers happy.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 10 October 2011 - 11:47 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#30 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Oct 10 2011, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
discussions are slow because there is hardly anything to talk about all there really is to post about these days are manga discussions (only released once a week) shamefulcry0js.gif NS development(none right now,but this week looks promising) pictureem0.gif and ranting about the suckage of the anime fillers happy.gif

Lack of decent movies is understandable, but the lack of activity in the Gaming threads is just confusing. Then again, chalk it up to the school year.

@Boom. The pairing issue's been debated to death already, and so firmly in either NaruSaku territory or remaining unresolved in the manga that it's pointless to debate anymore. Kishi's just dragging out the issue for as long as he wants it, I think.

#31 Angel

Angel

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Video Games, Magic the Gathering, eating healthy and exercising.

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:08 AM

Hehe same here hardly come on just to see how the world is doing and check out fanfiction others are interested in....Ive been meaning to change my sig about a year or so now...cant find time DX

Edited by Angel, 11 October 2011 - 01:12 AM.

#32 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:41 AM

dang, angel is alive? where the hell have you been dude? thought you got lost in between

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#33 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:26 AM

I come on once in a while but most of the time I only post in the Fun café threads lack of time makes me unable to catch up on all the threads especially when they have 130+ posts.

During my internship however I came on multiple times a day, cause then I had the time

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#34 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE (Angel @ Oct 10 2011, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hehe same here hardly come on just to see how the world is doing and check out fanfiction others are interested in....Ive been meaning to change my sig about a year or so now...cant find time DX

Homg Angel, you're alive! th_glomp.gif

Great to see ya again, even though it's probably for a very short time ^^

#35 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:27 PM

I used to post regularly when I was writing my fanfic (available in the library for those interested, shameless plug) I still lurk a few time a week usually around chapter release time.

I still like Naruto but other things occupy my time mostly these days ha ha

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#36 Angel

Angel

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Video Games, Magic the Gathering, eating healthy and exercising.

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Oct 11 2011, 09:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Homg Angel, you're alive! th_glomp.gif

Great to see ya again, even though it's probably for a very short time ^^

lol I'm always around in a dark corner somewhere in the forum reading up.
Anyways we do slow down in the posting but like I was just saying; we are still here.

#37 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:16 AM

I'm one of those 'lurk every day, post sometimes' folks. I was much younger and had a lot more free time when I started coming here 4 years ago. I'm 28 now - life has been known to get in the way. It reflects in my writing too.

To me this board is kind of like my internet home away from my real home. I always have 2 homepage tabs set up on my firefox when I get home from work. Gmail and the Narusaku forums.

Once you've been here for a while you stop posting as much and start lurking more in general, I think. Not because of a loss of interest, it's more along the lines of topic exhaustion. After a while you just get tired of reading, asking, and answering stuff like 'Should Sasuke die at the end of the manga?' and 'XX Reasons why NaruSaku rulezzz!'. Now I'm mostly around for the fanfic, chapter, anime, RL, and gaming discussions. Otherwise I pretty much ignore the rest of the board.

#38 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE (Paradox Jast @ Oct 20 2011, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Once you've been here for a while you stop posting as much and start lurking more in general, I think. Not because of a loss of interest, it's more along the lines of topic exhaustion. After a while you just get tired of reading, asking, and answering stuff like 'Should Sasuke die at the end of the manga?' and 'XX Reasons why NaruSaku rulezzz!'. Now I'm mostly around for the fanfic, chapter, anime, RL, and gaming discussions. Otherwise I pretty much ignore the rest of the board.

This.

I lurk now, and only post on the gaming section mainly. Due to mainly debate exhaustion. Same arguments used by the same people x 300000 times.

#39 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Oct 20 2011, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This.

I lurk now, and only post on the gaming section mainly. Due to mainly debate exhaustion. Same arguments used by the same people x 300000 times.

Me too. That, and that I'm just plum not interested in Naruto anymore.

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#40 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:13 AM

QUOTE (KonaKonaFan @ Oct 20 2011, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Me too. That, and that I'm just plum not interested in Naruto anymore.

I still read the manga, but I'm not interested in getting shot by argument/troll comment bullets.

Too many of those.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users