Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jun 16 2011, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here we go again:

Let talk about flashbacks --Click here to view--
Do you actually want to rush things and have characters/events as flat and boring as a plain pancake? And Kishimoto already gave this series too many characters as it is. There's going to be flashbacks, you want to know why? Balance.

And what does it means, developments are usually through the future? Developments happen during the present time and its backed-up with the past to further understand the character(s)/events better. And also to understand the flaws, relationships (which these chapters for Bee and Ei is all about because since they have an important role in this arc, we need to understand the key terms: how and why they are needed), roles, etc. If it set to the future, it will mean EVERYTHING for that said character/event is done and there isn't any further information needed. Without these things, everything in the story will be off and you'll be reading like "What on earth just happened?"

And what's going to happen if this was rushed? You will definitely say goodbye to this series, if we just have flat and boring characters and quick conflicts and goals without character developments.

If you want this war to hurry up, then by all means, let Kishimoto goes through the end of the war and characters for like the next 5 chapters. I will pretty sure that we will be like, "That's it? Where's the conflict, the rising climax... what the hell just happened?"

It's not really an matter of rushing things, the problem here is that Kishimoto is putting LONG flashbacks on crucial parts of the plot, and this totally breaks the pacing, if this flashback chapters happen during an slower event, for exemple, during Naruto training or the preparations for the war, then it's fine, because things are not so heated up, but right now, we are almost on the climax of the war and Naruto is on his way for his final confrontation with Madara, so the last thing we need at the moment are long flashbacks holding back the events.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#22 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:01 AM

I liked it, 99% of the time Kishimoto's flashbacks add some important background information to the story, the only time I recall it not and feeling annoyed was during the Sasuke and Itachi fight, we'd seen most the flashbacks already and in that case I wondered if there wasn't a bit of editorial interference telling him to pad out that fight... It just looked dull when compared to Jiraiya's fight with Pain (that somewhat overlapped the Sasuke and Itachi battle) even though the Jiraiya vs Pain arc had flashbacks too, but in that fight's case the flashbacks added to the back story (which is almost always the case with Kishimoto. Now the anime spams flashbacks, distorts story canon with filler flashbacks, etc... (when they add flashbacks it's often a distortion of canon or outright contradiction of canon. )

I'll add my chapter spoiler responses later.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#23 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,845 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE (alexander @ Jun 15 2011, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not really an matter of rushing things, the problem here is that Kishimoto is putting LONG flashbacks on crucial parts of the plot, and this totally breaks the pacing, if this flashback chapters happen during an slower event, for exemple, during Naruto training or the preparations for the war, then it's fine, because things are not so heated up, but right now, we are almost on the climax of the war and Naruto is on his way for his final confrontation with Madara, so the last thing we need at the moment are long flashbacks holding back the events.

Who says we're near the climax? War takes time and its almost about to be near Day 2 (looks like now its past midnight in the time setting). The only way I can see a climax is when one side decides to take a very serious and huge gamble that will radically change the tides. Sure, we saw Madara took the Gold and Silver Brothers. And we saw Naruto and Bee are heading towards the battlefield, but currently dealing with Ei and Tsunade. But will Madara used this advantage now? Possibly not. And then we have the others: Kabuto (if he wants to become active instead of working on the side with the Edo Tensei), the previous dead Kages from the other countries (haven't see them yet fighting), and let's not forget the dead jinchuuriki and Sasuke of all people. And I forgot Itachi and Nagato together with their plans. Also, there are the characters' fates (if Kishimoto has the guts to pull this off again).

This isn't a 1-2-3 type of thing here. And don't say Kishimoto will follow the Harry Potter route J.K. Rowling did with the Battle of Hogwarts.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#24 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:20 AM

second page right? i dont need spoilers? >W>

okay THAT WAS AWESOME!!! Bee fighting is bro!! we got to see some cool flashbacks!!! naruto and Bee standing by eachother like bros!! tsunade trusting the boys!!! YEA!! >:D LOVED IT!!

these chapters make me love Bee more and more

and come on people, just cause there were no narusaku moments or no sakura and some flashbacks doesnt mean this was a boring chapter!! we got some action and it was cool >:3

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#25 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:24 AM

I meant development of characters for the future. Which means present events which affects the future. I know we need to know the background story and all that but I think the timing of this flashbacks are off. Its like alexander said, we are in the middle of the war. And its exactly like you said Derock there are alot of things happening so I'm sure it will be a long process without the flashbacks. I'm not saying flashbacks aren't good. If you're talking about balance then I honestly think flashbacks are on the heavier side. If there is another Ei and Bee flashback next chapter then I'll definitely stop reading the manga for awhile. Things like this are what makes me lose interest in a manga.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#26 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:27 AM

The chapter was okay. Honestly, I've been kind of bored with the past few chapters, not because it's flashbacks, but because while I like Killer Bee, I'm not all that interested in his back story or A's.

I understand that it's necessary and important to the plot and for the sake of fleshing out these new characters, but I just can't bring myself to really care all that much about it. Tsunade taking Naruto's side and wanting to let him pass wasn't all that surprising, though it was nice to see.

What I do like is that their back story is now completed, and we're moving on to something new (though it was only three chapters, it felt a lot longer).

Edited by Paptala, 16 June 2011 - 01:28 AM.

0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#27 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jun 16 2011, 01:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who says we're near the climax? War takes time and its almost about to be near Day 2 (looks like now its past midnight in the time setting). The only way I can see a climax is when one side decides to take a very serious and huge gamble that will radically change the tides. Sure, we saw Madara took the Gold and Silver Brothers. And we saw Naruto and Bee are heading towards the battlefield, but currently dealing with Ei and Tsunade. But will Madara used this advantage now? Possibly not. And then we have the others: Kabuto (if he wants to become active instead of working on the side with the Edo Tensei), the previous dead Kages from the other countries (haven't see them yet fighting), and let's not forget the dead jinchuuriki and Sasuke of all people. And I forgot Itachi and Nagato together with their plans. Also, there are the characters' fates (if Kishimoto has the guts to pull this off again).

This isn't a 1-2-3 type of thing here. And don't say Kishimoto will follow the Harry Potter route J.K. Rowling did with the Battle of Hogwarts.

What are you talking about? Did you forgot that barelly in one day half of the forces were lost? This is not the kind of war that take weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if it ended in 2 or 3 days. Indeed there are the summons, but don't forget that each summon fight so far didn't take more then 3 or 4 chapter, so apart from Itachi and Nagato, I don't think the others will be different, so if you take a better look, there is not so much things to be dealt with. And no, I will not say that because I don't even read Harry Potter in first place.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#28 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:02 AM

I love how heroes always hold back their strength till they get their point across, which results in an epic show of power afterwards. I also just realized Naruto hasn't perfected the Rasen-tailed beast ball yet, meaning yet another cliche of the hero performing a perfect attack in battle, ugh...

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#29 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:07 AM

Guys don't have a heart attack that I'm back...! Ehh! wow.png Got internet in this Florida hotel so woop...!

Anyway, the chapter was cool~ I guess. Bland and nothing too new with the emotional speech and inspirational crap but ah-well... ^^ Minato is stiilll hot!

#30 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,845 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE (alexander @ Jun 15 2011, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What are you talking about? Did you forgot that barelly in one day half of the forces were lost? This is not the kind of war that take weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if it ended in 2 or 3 days. Indeed there are the summons, but don't forget that each summon fight so far didn't take more then 3 or 4 chapter, so apart from Itachi and Nagato, I don't think the others will be different, so if you take a better look, there is not so much things to be dealt with. And no, I will not say that because I don't even read Harry Potter in first place.

Yeah, so? That doesn't mean anything! I didn't forget about the loses. As a matter of fact, both sides lost half of the forces on both sides, yet there are more Zetsus being produced (that 10000 means the Zetsus were already produced, not to mention to add in the Edo Tensei). You forget that Madara and Kabuto has kidnapped Yamato. Knowing them, they will probably use his Mokoton jutsus to produce even more Zetsus. It will probably take at least 1-2 weeks max for the war to be declared over, if the Alliance ever figure out that Yamato and Anko are kidnapped and try to find ways to rescue them in order to stop the Zetsus, not to mention to stopping and defeating Madara, Kabuto and Sasuke.

(But then again, as Mangareader said, Naruto may turn the tides if he perfected that Rasen-Tailed beast bomb attack during battle.)

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#31 Hokage Sennin

Hokage Sennin

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:20 AM

What a chapter.

Even Naruto agrees that Bee is badass

Edited by Hokage Sennin, 16 June 2011 - 03:20 AM.

#32 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:24 AM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ Jun 15 2011, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guys don't have a heart attack that I'm back...! Ehh! wow.png Got internet in this Florida hotel so woop...!

Anyway, the chapter was cool~ I guess. Bland and nothing too new with the emotional speech and inspirational crap but ah-well... ^^ Minato is stiilll hot!

I missed you the most

maybe

And I liked the chapter. I understand, a lot of you are only reading for the shipping. But this isn't a shoujou. I want to know what, how and why everything is happening. Theres more to this series than just the shipping.
\

#33 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:29 AM

Not gonna lie, glad this chapter had more action than last weeks and pretty much wrapped up any doubts about Bees strength, if anyone had any. Plus a nod from last weeks, Naruto may outspeed his father if he continues to train his RS form and I'm interested to see how destructive the Tailed Beast Bomb can be in the shape of Rasengan

Edited by MangaReader, 16 June 2011 - 03:29 AM.

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#34 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:37 AM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Jun 16 2011, 04:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I missed you the most

maybe

And I liked the chapter. I understand, a lot of you are only reading for the shipping. But this isn't a shoujou. I want to know what, how and why everything is happening. Theres more to this series than just the shipping.

Hell yeah! :D You better have missed me! Zombies must be quiet without me screaming lol.

And I agree with the shipping thing too lol :P

#35 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:44 AM

Seriously people, stop angsting. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Calling others spoiled children because they are unhappy or bored with certain developments in chapters, is a tad childish in of itself. We should all be allowed to express whether we find a chapter boring or interesting as much as we want, without having others quoting and saying to stop.

#36 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:48 AM

i guess this is one of those chapters you either love it or hate it XDDD

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#37 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:45 AM

QUOTE (MangaReader @ Jun 15 2011, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not gonna lie, glad this chapter had more action than last weeks and pretty much wrapped up any doubts about Bees strength, if anyone had any. Plus a nod from last weeks, Naruto may outspeed his father if he continues to train his RS form and I'm interested to see how destructive the Tailed Beast Bomb can be in the shape of Rasengan

What's even more impressive is it's Naruto's actual movement is increasing. Minato's faster than most because he basically summons himself everywhere, basically teleporting himself there and not running to where his special kunai is. So, by actually matching the Raikage's speed already, Naruto's surpassed his father.

Shippu, I missed you too! th_confused0089.gif

#38 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:33 PM

Aww thanks Shadow tongue.gif hehe & Naruto didn't seem as fast as Minato... but your probably right, I haven't exactly been paying much attention to the manga lately

#39 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:41 PM

Well, he was able to keep up with the Raikage who moves fast enough to counteract Minato's Thunder God, so Naruto's moving at incredible speeds to match up with Ei.

#40 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:48 PM

I liked the flashback but Kishi seriously needs to expand on Minato's fighting style, (or charactor fighting styles in general), so far We've seen him in three flashbacks, and in all three scenes he's taken out the opposition in an almost identical fashion. Kashi's Gaiden, tagged the Shinobi on his foot and got the upper hand, Madara's flashback, used the Kunai to tag Madara on the back of his head and Rasengan'd him from behind and in this one he tagged Bee and teleported behind him to gain the upper hand. I'd hoped we'd see more from the flashbacks that would explain why he was so feared, so far all i've seen is it's not him but a technique he posseses.

Other than that liked this weeks chapter, A really is a over sensative protective older brother, he was talking about willing to kill Bee if he had to, but turns out he was so scared to lose him, he refused to let Bee out of the Village because he was scared of losing him.

iAnby7W.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users