• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#21 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 16 October 2010 - 03:06 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Oct 15 2010, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh the part 1 Naruto fillers made the Kenshin fillers look like masterpieces and the Bleach ones look tolerable. I've seen many anime series and the Naruto part 1 fillers were the most gawd awful fillers I've ever seen. Except for the first arc (and even that one was kind of ehh, other than the true to the characters at that point narusaku moments, and the in character scenes when the two of them are interacting with Jiraiya) and especially the final arc- the one with Gaara- and note, like most of the Shippuden fillers that last one actually furthered the story and didn't contradict canon too hideously. The villains were as painfully bad as usual but otherwise it worked. Kishimoto seemed to think so too, while he didn't acknowledge the dreadful villains, in the third databook, he gives the stamp of approval to Matsuri- the name and background, in manga canon she is not named and is only seen as Gaara's most enthusiastic (and tomboyish) fangirl. She was semicanon due to that scene. Kishimoto apparently liked the name and additions- it's the only anime addition he's ever given the stamp of approval to. Forget the stupid villains, but yes, Matsuri was Gaara's student. I noticed Kishimoto had her up front in the scene where Gaara is leaving for the Kage summit too, and if I'm recalling correctly, even gives her a line of dialogue.

Oh I dont disagree that they were gawd awful. My commentaryw as more along the lines of the fact that even the horrid part 1 fillers can be followed as part of the story within the given plot. They dont count like all non canon material, but they dont contradict or jump the line of the plot so to speak.

for example the investigate the sound arc is the closest and only filler Id view as canon due to its story elements and how it ends with Sakura going to tsunade. it could have jumped to the final episode of Naruto leaving and everything would have gone fine.

Simply put those fillers only real quality is that they do further the story line and remain plot worthy and continuity wise.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#22 crazyefra

crazyefra

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:Living, Having a lot of friends. <br />In terms of music, anything but Bachata (excluding Juan Luis Guerra), Reggaeton and Merengue. <br />In terms of anime and T.V. shows, Naruto, Bleach, Kekkaishi, Psych, Burn Notice, Mythbusters, Family Guy, Attack of the Show, White Collar, Heroes. <br />In terms of movies, anything but Twilight, &quot;girly&quot; movies, high school &quot;dramas&quot;, horror movies (excluding zombie flicks). <br />In terms of fanfics, I only read stories with NS as the pairing or Naruharem fics with Sakura being part of it and nothing where Sakura or Naruto gets bashed constantly and killed like if they were animals.

Posted 16 October 2010 - 03:18 AM

Thanks to those fillers, except the ones mentione by catsi and ciardha, Toonami (the best thing Cartoon Network had after ed,edd and eddy) got canceled and Shippuden landed on Disney XD (were there's a ton of unnecessary edits that make it crappy).

----------------
Now playing: Three Days Grace - Home
via FoxyTunes
そして、あなたの声は私が聞いたすべてだった
しかし、私に値するものを手に入れる

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSaku, (Fem)NaruSaku, NaruSasu (as brothers, rivals, best friends), ShikaTema, NaruInoSaku, NaruHarem (excluding Hinata), MinaKushi, ChouIno, YahiKona
Fairy Tail: NatsuLucy, NatsuErza :D
Bleach: IchiRukia

Characters:
Naruto: Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru, Konan, Gaara, Kushina, Kakashi, Ino
Fairy Tail: Erza, Happy, Natsu, Grey, Lucy, Gajeel
Bleach: Ichigo, Nell, Kenpachi, Rukia, Karin, Kon

Misc.: Linkin Park, Green Day

In between Anti and Pro: --Click here to view--

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSakuHina, SakuHina, NaruTayu, KibaHina, SakuKarin
Bleach: IchiHime

Characters:
Naruto: Hinata, Tayuya, Karin, Itachi
Bleach: Orihime, Chad

Misc.: Yuri :D

Pairings:
Naruto: SasuSaku, NaruHina, NaruSasu (as gay lovers), KakaSaku, SasuAnyone, ShikaIno

Characters:
Naruto: Sasuke, Madara, "fanon" Hinata (not to be confused with canon Hinata), Kabuto
Bleach: Aizen, Yamamoto

Misc.:Twilight, Yaoi, Fillers, Sakura bashing

#23 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:29 AM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Oct 15 2010, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh I dont disagree that they were gawd awful. My commentaryw as more along the lines of the fact that even the horrid part 1 fillers can be followed as part of the story within the given plot. They dont count like all non canon material, but they dont contradict or jump the line of the plot so to speak.

for example the investigate the sound arc is the closest and only filler Id view as canon due to its story elements and how it ends with Sakura going to tsunade. it could have jumped to the final episode of Naruto leaving and everything would have gone fine.

Simply put those fillers only real quality is that they do further the story line and remain plot worthy and continuity wise.

I'd disagree about not contradicting the manga, actually the fillers were rather bad about doing that, and these new part 1 fillers have had infamous moments that contradict manga canon. Even that first arc has some issues with contradicting the plot, but yes there's a least an attempt to not contradict the manga too badly and the character interactions between Naruto and Sakura, and Jiraiya, Naruto and Sakura don't stray too far from the manga (actually closer than some of the canon adaptions where they overplayed and stereotyped Sakura's tsundere side for comic effect. I think that's what makes that arc well liked by narusaku fans, Naruto and Sakura's interaction is closer to manga canon than most of their adaptions of part 1 of the manga. They actually get her character just about right for about the first time. The same holds true in the few moments of Naruto and Sakura interactions in the final arc. Sans the stupid villains the canon character interactions are about the closest to manga canon they've done. Naruto doesn't come across as dumber than in the manga in those two arcs either, in contrast to all the other part 1 fillers.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#24 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Oct 16 2010, 01:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It doesn't have the worst fillers. I thought Rurouni Kenshin's pointless fillers were even worse. They could have gone on to the Jinchuu arc, but instead, they made pointless episodes about Kenshin fighting a British knight, traveling on a ship...

Well, I know they aren't the worst but I hate fillers in general, so...

#25 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:41 PM

Since I haven't given my two cents on the episode, I thought it was just another pointless filler, but there were a few scenes that were cool, overall I'd just say they're holding out for something it seems.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#26 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:16 PM

I am having the most fun right now with all these fillers. Me and my friend just started a crazy naruto marathon starting all the way from Ep: 1. We're going all the way through baby! (skipping the crap fillers of course) Its actually quite fun...its been years since i've seen episodes from the very beginning. It got almost cheesy with all the stupid naruto and sakura fan girl stuff hahaha. So used to the seriousness of shippuuden

#27 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:04 PM

^Same here, I start recently watching from the beginning and even if I do love Shippuden, I can't help but feel refresh watching the episode when all where still innocent and almost carefree compare to now...espacially Naruto ( of course, I'll skip the dreadful fillers after the Naru/Sasu fight)

#28 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (Serenity Namikaze @ Oct 19 2010, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^Same here, I start recently watching from the beginning and even if I do love Shippuden, I can't help but feel refresh watching the episode when all where still innocent and almost carefree compare to now...espacially Naruto ( of course, I'll skip the dreadful fillers after the Naru/Sasu fight)

yeah...its such a different mood in part 1. The really uncomfortable part is that my friend hasn't really ever followed the show at all and doesn't read the manga soooo 111193.gif its torture not to say anything

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users