Close
Photo

Now that I think about it... I can't erase Naruto completely.

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:00 PM

I've only been into Naruto since late January/February. But I've invested enough into this series that I can't just forget it. I'll move on to other fandoms sooner or later, but I'll always love this series for the things that drew me into it. Apparently I was more into it than I would have admitted--otherwise this ending wouldn't bother me as much as it is bothering me.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#22 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:04 PM

I feel the same way. I almost wish I could move past Naruto, because then I could get over this weird feeling I have after reading 699 & 700. I've been with Naruto for over a decade, though, and even when I went through a phase where I really turned away from anime and manga, I still read Naruto week after week. The problem is the fact that those characters in the last two chapters look nothing like the one that I've held in my heart so long.

We have a ton of "what ifs" that we could talk about...but at the end of the day Kishimoto was so dead set on only 700 chapters, that by the time he finished Naruto's and Sasuke's rushed battle, he had to do a crappy montage minus the cliche montage music to finish up his once great story. Of coarse being a montage, nothing was solved and everything was left to questioning how did all this happen... of which only one thing will be solved in the upcoming movie, which is so forced and limited to 2 hours, you're still likely to question how this outcome occurred. 

Edited by MangaReader, 11 November 2014 - 07:05 PM.

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users