#21 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:49 AM

QUOTE (Fenris @ Mar 23 2012, 04:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly. Sakura confessed, Naruto didn't reject her. He was confused. The timing was pretty bad.
She wouldn't lie and break his heart by saying: "I don't want to make any more mistakes! I hurt him too much already!" (or something like that biggrin.gif)

Well, again, I don't think she was lying OR telling the truth in this case. I'm not saying that the thought wasn't on her mind to begin with, I think she just confessed prematurely. She didn't give it the thought that it deserved, and she ended up using it to try and stop Naruto from his pursuit. Naruto didn't reject her, he just knew that the confession couldn't have been sincere if she did it in such a time of desperation. If he knew that she meant it, if she'd done it for its own sake rather than throwing in the qualifier "I'm over Sasuke, I don't love him anymore, so you can stop chasing him," then of course he would have been overjoyed. He just wants her to think it over for real.
On the morning of Wednesday, April 11th, 2012, my Aunt Karla passed away. She was my mother's baby sister, and my coolest aunt when I was a kid. She was the best babysitter ever, and she was like an older sister to me.

Karly, I don't know if you can hear this. I am not a believer, I haven't been since Sheryl died. But if you can, I want you to know that I'm truly sorry for everything bad I've ever said about you. When you were suffering, I should have been there to help you. I should have visited. I should have encouraged you to leave the house and get a job, to be active and alive the way you used to be.

I promise that I will do everything that I can to be successful and a good person, to make you proud the way you would have wanted me to. No matter what I said, I loved you. And I will always love you. Rest in Peace, you will never be forgotten.

#22 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Mar 23 2012, 04:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, again, I don't think she was lying OR telling the truth in this case. I'm not saying that the thought wasn't on her mind to begin with, I think she just confessed prematurely. She didn't give it the thought that it deserved, and she ended up using it to try and stop Naruto from his pursuit. Naruto didn't reject her, he just knew that the confession couldn't have been sincere if she did it in such a time of desperation. If he knew that she meant it, if she'd done it for its own sake rather than throwing in the qualifier "I'm over Sasuke, I don't love him anymore, so you can stop chasing him," then of course he would have been overjoyed. He just wants her to think it over for real.

True, but it could of been cause Naruto decided to pursue Sasuke in the first place (the POAL) and Sakura knew it was because he loved her, and didn't want to see her hurt anymore. Thus leading to her to confess and say "you can stop chasing Sasuke now." Then he went out and said why he wants to personally save Sasuke.

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#23 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:13 AM

Problem I was thinking that Naruto's confusion of Sakura's confession also came from her claiming she didn't care about Sasuke anymore.

#24 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:26 AM

QUOTE (Bryon_Konoha_Ninja @ Mar 23 2012, 05:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Problem I was thinking that Naruto's confusion of Sakura's confession also came from her claiming she didn't care about Sasuke anymore.

Maybe revealing that it was him at the bench scene will clear that up.. of her "liking sasuke" thing. headscratch.gif

jus drein jus daun.

#25 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE (Fenris @ Mar 23 2012, 03:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
True, but it could of been cause Naruto decided to pursue Sasuke in the first place (the POAL) and Sakura knew it was because he loved her, and didn't want to see her hurt anymore. Thus leading to her to confess and say "you can stop chasing Sasuke now." Then he went out and said why he wants to personally save Sasuke.

Honestly, I'd rather assume that's not the case. At least, I hope it isn't. I have considered that, and frankly, that would make her self-centered. Because it would mean that after all of this time, she hasn't considered that he had any emotional investment in putting his life on the line other than trying to keep her happy, in spite of everything he has said and done. And that can't be the case, not the way Kishimoto is trying to paint her as having become innocent and considerate.

That's why I think that there have to be subtle nuances to it. She is, after all, still a naive girl in her middle teens. People who get so involved in this story tend to forget that. The emotional strain there was too much, and she likely just failed to think before she spoke. Likely, she only knew that she didn't want Naruto to suffer anymore.

My hope is that she will reflect on this and understand why saying what she said resulted in what it did. But I can't default to finding her inconsiderate.
On the morning of Wednesday, April 11th, 2012, my Aunt Karla passed away. She was my mother's baby sister, and my coolest aunt when I was a kid. She was the best babysitter ever, and she was like an older sister to me.

Karly, I don't know if you can hear this. I am not a believer, I haven't been since Sheryl died. But if you can, I want you to know that I'm truly sorry for everything bad I've ever said about you. When you were suffering, I should have been there to help you. I should have visited. I should have encouraged you to leave the house and get a job, to be active and alive the way you used to be.

I promise that I will do everything that I can to be successful and a good person, to make you proud the way you would have wanted me to. No matter what I said, I loved you. And I will always love you. Rest in Peace, you will never be forgotten.

#26 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE (Fenris @ Mar 22 2012, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe revealing that it was him at the bench scene will clear that up.. of her "liking sasuke" thing. headscratch.gif

Maybe, Fenris. We'll wait and see how that'll turn out if Naruto goes for it, but you got a point there, man.

#27 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:45 PM

I hear people mention that bench scene all the time, and I really think they put too much weight into it. I mean, I refuse to believe that the entire basis of her love and dedication was because of the comment about her forehead. I mean, really, let's put this into perspective. That is to say that anyone who made that compliment would win her dedication. Shikamaru would have been a better position for that, because at least he was relatively unknown to her at the time. Naruto would have had it worse, because she already didn't like him at the time. With everything that's happened, I doubt that would really change much. I think she remembers that day more for when Sasuke called her annoying and chastised her for not knowing of Naruto's loneliness.

#28 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Mar 23 2012, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hear people mention that bench scene all the time, and I really think they put too much weight into it. I mean, I refuse to believe that the entire basis of her love and dedication was because of the comment about her forehead. I mean, really, let's put this into perspective. That is to say that anyone who made that compliment would win her dedication. Shikamaru would have been a better position for that, because at least he was relatively unknown to her at the time. Naruto would have had it worse, because she already didn't like him at the time. With everything that's happened, I doubt that would really change much. I think she remembers that day more for when Sasuke called her annoying and chastised her for not knowing of Naruto's loneliness.

No it changes a lot concerning Naruto! he was the one who complimented her on the one thing she hated most about herself. her forehead.

If she finds out it was him Sakura won't be confessed about her feelings about Naruto anymore but finally understand them.

The fact that he used the exact same words in her romantic fantasy, shows he is her soulmate (like Minato complimenting Kushina for example)

but of course Naruto messed it up and the real Sasuke comes along and insults everything making Sakura act more of a fangirl to win sasuke over.

That day reminded her of the formation of Team 7 more then anything.

#29 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (Living Lavish @ Mar 23 2012, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No it changes a lot concerning Naruto! he was the one who complimented her on the one thing she hated most about herself. her forehead.

If she finds out it was him Sakura won't be confessed about her feelings about Naruto anymore but finally understand them.

The fact that he used the exact same words in her romantic fantasy, shows he is her soulmate (like Minato complimenting Kushina for example)

but of course Naruto messed it up and the real Sasuke comes along and insults everything making Sakura act more of a fangirl to win sasuke over.

That day reminded her of the formation of Team 7 more then anything.

I'm sorry, but I just can't buy it. If she's supposed to be distancing herself from shallow thoughts, then it may be a memory that raises a smile, but I severely doubt it would be enough to be a deciding factor. I mean, what would it say about her if she only comes to realize that he understands her feelings after a compliment about her forehead, when he has been putting his life on the line for her sake all this time? She doesn't realize how much he understands her feelings and cares for her after he dismisses concern for his own safety to chase down Sasuke on her behalf, but comes to realize it after she's made aware that it was he who complimented her forehead? If she's supposed to be moving away from the shallow little girl mindset, then she can't possibly invest too much emotional weight in that moment. Not anymore.

If she's gong to realize that he is her soul mate, then it had better be because she knows he would die for her. Not because he likes her "charming forehead."

#30 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Mar 23 2012, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sorry, but I just can't buy it. If she's supposed to be distancing herself from shallow thoughts, then it may be a memory that raises a smile, but I severely doubt it would be enough to be a deciding factor. I mean, what would it say about her if she only comes to realize that he understands her feelings after a compliment about her forehead, when he has been putting his life on the line for her sake all this time? She doesn't realize how much he understands her feelings and cares for her after he dismisses concern for his own safety to chase down Sasuke on her behalf, but comes to realize it after she's made aware that it was he who complimented her forehead? If she's supposed to be moving away from the shallow little girl mindset, then she can't possibly invest too much emotional weight in that moment. Not anymore.

If she's gong to realize that he is her soul mate, then it had better be because she knows he would die for her. Not because he likes her "charming forehead."

No you got me wrong. Sakura already understands Naruto will do anything for her to make her happy, hes there by her side always, she knows her understands her better then anybody (her databook profile goes in on this). What i'm saying is she doesn't know how she feels about Naruto at this present time. when i say ''understanding'' i mean she will finally have a clear answer how she feels about him instead of these confused feelings. the forehead compliment would help push her over and put the nail in the coffin. she will figure out then with everything they been through together emotionaily, he is her soulmate.

You need to understand women love compliments (specially romantic ones) we seen how Sakura reacts (Sakura feeding Naruto for example)

The thing is Kishi has showed this happen with Kushina and Minato. difference with them is it happen all at one time.

I agree with your last line. but it would not only just because he would die for her but to her Naruto is the man of her dreams. its all of that together.
nothing shallow about that at all.

I hope you know what i mean. english is not my first language.

#31 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE (Living Lavish @ Mar 23 2012, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No you got me wrong. Sakura already understands Naruto will do anything for her to make her happy, hes there by her side always, she knows her understands her better then anybody (her databook profile goes in on this). What i'm saying is she doesn't know how she feels about Naruto at this present time. when i say ''understanding'' i mean she will finally have a clear answer how she feels about him instead of these confused feelings. the forehead compliment would help push her over and put the nail in the coffin. she will figure out then with everything they been through together emotionaily, he is her soulmate.

You need to understand women love compliments (specially romantic ones) we seen how Sakura reacts (Sakura feeding Naruto for example)

The thing is Kishi has showed this happen with Kushina and Minato. difference with them is it happen all at one time.

I agree with your last line. but it would not only just because he would die for her but to her Naruto is the man of her dreams. its all of that together.

Hey, it's cool, you seem tounderstand English well enough, Lavish. And you bring up some good points yourself. After all, Naruto did really mean that even if he just disguised himself as Sasuke to see if she felt differently about him than she acted. But in the end, he realized why he loves her is because she's like him in the fact she won't give up so easily and has a lot of spirit.

I'm sure too if she knew that Naruto was the one who complimented her, that she'd come to grips too, like Kushina when Minato complimented her red hair.

#32 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:49 AM

Still, whether it causes a stir for the best in their relationship or not, It's still quite a parallel Sakura and Kushina have. Her with her insecurities with her hair, and Sakura with her forehead. Both men complimented them.... Sakura just didn't know it was Naruto yet,. I do believe it'd have a important change liike Lavish said.

Edited by Fenris, 24 March 2012 - 12:49 AM.

jus drein jus daun.

#33 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE (Living Lavish @ Mar 24 2012, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I see what you mean, Lavish. It makes sense.

Although, I'm almost inclined to disagree about the romantic comments. lol As an awkward guy who likes to give compliments, I can tell you, it's...uh...landed me in hot water a few times. tongue.gif

#34 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE (Former Captain @ Feb 23 2012, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ironically, both are shipping weapons. *mind blown*

I think it's as Fyuria and Dragunov said: only at that point in time and (given the nature of the Kyuubi's chakra - all hatin' and stuff) mostly just negative emotions. And because absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, just because she's not swooning at that exact moment doesn't mean she doesn't have those feelings for him, so I don't think he could be rejected in that manner.

Oh yes, one is used to prove an argument, the other is used to destroy a ship.

Edited by Strangelove, 05 April 2012 - 01:04 AM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#35 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:32 AM

lookie what i found

http://28.media.tumb...b2ab9o1_500.jpg

cute huh XD

Edited by merryGOflava, 05 April 2012 - 08:27 PM.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#36 lord287

lord287

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (Dragunov @ Feb 23 2012, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All he can really sense is hostility. Not other emotions, really.

Actually u r wrong naruto can sense all emotions because when hinata was sad that she wasn't able to save naruto and naruto was the one who have to sav her again naruto cheered her up because he can sense the emotions of other people and not only negative emotions!! I sincerely think so but if it is only negative emotion then it won't help narusaku in anyway!!

REST IN PEACE

15 YEARS OF DEVELOPMENTS

#37 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Apr 5 2012, 02:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lookie what i found

http://28.media.tumb...b2ab9o1_500.jpg

cute huh XD

doesnt anyone see this cute pic!! rawr.gif rawr.gif rawr.gif rawr.gif

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#38 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Apr 6 2012, 03:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
doesnt anyone see this cute pic!! rawr.gif rawr.gif rawr.gif rawr.gif

Looks like she's winking at him. wink.gif

Oh the irony of what Kishi draws and what anime gives, it's almost devistating to see how far the studio is trying to stretch things until they can't anymore - e.x NS becoming canon.

jus drein jus daun.

#39 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE (lord287 @ Apr 5 2012, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually u r wrong naruto can sense all emotions because when hinata was sad that she wasn't able to save naruto and naruto was the one who have to sav her again naruto cheered her up because he can sense the emotions of other people and not only negative emotions!! I sincerely think so but if it is only negative emotion then it won't help narusaku in anyway!!

I disagree. Even if it was Tenten or any other random character that he saved, he would encouraged them. Try to compare the scene where he jumped into Temari's fight. It has nothing to do with Naruto in RM. Naruto just being himself.

Until otherwise it is proven in manga that Naruto can sense all other emotions, we should assume that it can only sense malicious presence. Narusaku doesnt need Naruto to turn in RM to move forward. If it does, it would be a bad message to the audience isnt it?

As for the bench scene, I also think it is key. I still consider it as a symbol which represents a girl who fall in love with the wrong person. She always think that the one who understand her the most (by praising her most insecure feats) is her prince charming (Sasuke); while in fact, it is that boy she considered annoying (Naruto).

If you noticed, Kishi loves to convey messages in symbols. Later throughout the manga, we were shown that it was always Naruto who fight head over the heel to protect Sakura (e.g. Gaara's fight arc), it was Naruto who saved Sakura from Sasuke (Kage Meeting Arc), etc. Driven by the desire to save his precious people, Naruto can do the impossible. which often becomes the milestone of his journey as a ninja. Here's some of the examples...

Naruto summons Gamabunta for the first time:
http://www.mangaread...hapter-134.html

Naruto appears as Sage Mode for the first time:
http://www.mangaread...hapter-429.html

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#40 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE (Namaenash @ Apr 6 2012, 02:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I disagree. Even if it was Tenten or any other random character that he saved, he would encouraged them. Try to compare the scene where he jumped into Temari's fight. It has nothing to do with Naruto in RM. Naruto just being himself.

Until otherwise it is proven in manga that Naruto can sense all other emotions, we should assume that it can only sense malicious presence. Narusaku doesnt need Naruto to turn in RM to move forward. If it does, it would be a bad message to the audience isnt it?

As for the bench scene, I also think it is key. I still consider it as a symbol which represents a girl who fall in love with the wrong person. She always think that the one who understand her the most (by praising her most insecure feats) is her prince charming (Sasuke); while in fact, it is that boy she considered annoying (Naruto).

If you noticed, Kishi loves to convey messages in symbols. Later throughout the manga, we were shown that it was always Naruto who fight head over the heel to protect Sakura (e.g. Gaara's fight arc), it was Naruto who saved Sakura from Sasuke (Kage Meeting Arc), etc. Driven by the desire to save his precious people, Naruto can do the impossible. which often becomes the milestone of his journey as a ninja. Here's some of the examples...

Naruto summons Gamabunta for the first time:
http://www.mangaread...hapter-134.html

Naruto appears as Sage Mode for the first time:
http://www.mangaread...hapter-429.html

This, so much. smile.gif

jus drein jus daun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users