• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 Angel

Angel

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Video Games, Magic the Gathering, eating healthy and exercising.

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Nov 4 2012, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Watch eps 11-18 yeah I'm very hooked with the series and really like the love the triangle that has formed between Kirito, Asuna and his cousin. Thought I like his cousin it's obvious that she's beginning to realize she has deeper feeling for Kirito more than friendship.

Yesterday I decided (while on a homework break) to watch only a single episode of SAO. I ended up watching every episode uploaded and having to wake up at 4 AM today and start rushing what was left of my homework for school.

Edited by Angel, 07 November 2012 - 06:28 PM.

#22 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE (Angel @ Nov 7 2012, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yesterday I decided (while on a homework break) to watch only a single episode of SAO. I ended up watching every episode uploaded and having to wake up at 4 AM today and start rushing what was left of my homework for school.

Lol that usually happens. tongue.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#23 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

I only got interested in the first game they played. Which is about up to episode 14. So can any one tell me if it gets more interesting after that?

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#24 JG111580

JG111580

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

I got hooked on this anime series recently since it started airing on Toonami.

The animation, score and opening and ending music are perfect for both animated arcs. (extended opening and closing credits are better online)

Love the characters, particularly Kirito.  

Just the right mixture of drama, romance and action.

I also like that the series is not overly drawn out to the point that it becomes boring.

My only complaint would be that, with the exception of Asuna, the other female characters develop feelings for Kirito too quickly. But, that's probably why Asuna's feelings are reciprocated. Sound familiar? 

I will buy the entire series once it's released.

I also look forward to the US release of the light novels and manga coming in 2014, according to what I've read.

Really anxious to for more story. I hope that they eventually animate everything from the books.

Haven't been been this drawn to a series since I first discovered Naruto.

Highly recommend it.

Long live the Black Swordsman! 

#25 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

I got hooked on this anime series recently since it started airing on Toonami.

The animation, score and opening and ending music are perfect for both animated arcs. (extended opening and closing credits are better online)

Love the characters, particularly Kirito.  

Just the right mixture of drama, romance and action.

I also like that the series is not overly drawn out to the point that it becomes boring.

My only complaint would be that, with the exception of Asuna, the other female characters develop feelings for Kirito too quickly. But, that's probably why Asuna's feelings are reciprocated. Sound familiar? 

I will buy the entire series once it's released.

I also look forward to the US release of the light novels and manga coming in 2014, according to what I've read.

Really anxious to for more story. I hope that they eventually animate everything from the books.

Haven't been been this drawn to a series since I first discovered Naruto.

Highly recommend it.

Long live the Black Swordsman! 

I've been watching it on Toonami too, just started about 6 weeks/episodes ago so I've been in catch up mode. I enjoy it somewhat, despite some tropes and cliches. If only it wasn't so late, lol, I'm usually falling asleep by the time it comes on.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#26 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

I've been watching it on Toonami too, just started about 6 weeks/episodes ago so I've been in catch up mode. I enjoy it somewhat, despite some tropes and cliches. If only it wasn't so late, lol, I'm usually falling asleep by the time it comes on.

Ugh, I know. The ones I'm watching on Toonami are this and Soul Eater, but the time slot is so late. :sleepy: I feel like I'm starting to get a little more into Sword Art now though, so hopefully it continues to pick up, it's decent overall.

#27 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

YEEEEEEEEEEEAH.

This show <3

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#28 JG111580

JG111580

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:04 AM

I just really got into it in the last week and a half. So of course, I went ahead and watched all of the English dubbed episodes and the subbed episodes beyond them. ... Then, I went ahead and looked up summaries of the stories beyond the show. Lot's of good material and lot's possiblities for the future. I wouldn' mind if they waited awhile to animate the rest or if they released canon movie length versions of the other parts to avoid fillers. Can't stand fillers (unless they are written by the original creator and make sense with the chronology of the rest of the story). As long as there is some kind of continuation in the future, I'll be happy. :th_yeah:

#29 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

10 episodes into it so far. As of right now, it's decent.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#30 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:38 PM

I have some mixed feelings about this series. It felt like it had a lot of potential but only a mediocre execution and am I the only one who thought it was really short? I didn't feel like I ever really had a reason to care about the characters, it just all felt too forced and the ending was kind of a let down. I mean, it was established that if you die in the game you die in real life, but that was reconned without any explanation, I'm just kind of confused.

#31 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:15 PM

I have some mixed feelings about this series. It felt like it had a lot of potential but only a mediocre execution and am I the only one who thought it was really short? I didn't feel like I ever really had a reason to care about the characters, it just all felt too forced and the ending was kind of a let down. I mean, it was established that if you die in the game you die in real life, but that was reconned without any explanation, I'm just kind of confused.

Are you referring to the episode that aired last night on Toonami? The series is just at the halfway point right now on there, it's not the end.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#32 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:38 AM

I haven't finished it yet, but no, you're not alone. Definitely wasted potential and bad execution throughout, albeit some good moments here and there. I'm speaking as someone who has finished 13 episodes currently.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 04 November 2013 - 02:38 AM.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#33 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

Completely agree my man. :yes:  Although the only thing I find actually poorly executed was the romance. The plot was only poorly established because they deliberately skip two years, and that kills a lot of potential development. Kinda like just fast forward ahead two years of our lives and we don't remember anything.

Edited by Phantom_999, 04 November 2013 - 02:12 PM.

#34 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:28 PM

Are you referring to the episode that aired last night on Toonami? The series is just at the halfway point right now on there, it's not the end.

It is? :huh:  Silly me I guess. :excited:

#35 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:38 AM

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#36 JG111580

JG111580

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:58 AM

Check this out. Found it on YouTube. SAO Ending 2 full length on the piano... awesome!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=prXYxwtJVRo

#37 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:38 AM

Eh, I prefer the first Ending personally. :yes:

#38 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:26 PM

I remain unimpressed with this series, it's a shame cause I really did want to like it. I kind of miss when they were showing anime like Durarara, Casshern Sins and Deadman Wonderland.

#39 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:44 AM

General rule of thumb; If an anime is ever based off a light novel series it will be short and unsatisfying in some ways.

#40 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:49 PM

HOLY CRAP! THIS IS SO FREAKING GOOD! On episode 11. Why didn't anybody here threaten me to watch this before? Something like "If you don't watch this show I'll kill your entire family." I would of thanked you after I got finished watching episode 1! :lol:

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users