Close
Photo

NaruSaku and IchiRuki? Or NaruSaku and IchiHime?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

Poll: NaruSaku and IchiRuki? Or NaruSaku and IchiHime? (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Couples?

1. NaruSaku and IchiRuki (34 votes [69.39%])

Percentage of vote: 69.39%

2. NaruSaku and IchiHime (15 votes [30.61%])

Percentage of vote: 30.61%

Vote

#21 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:18 PM

If it wasn't for the usual 'main guy gets the main girl' thing, I wouldn't ever see Ichigo getting with Rukia. They both don't act even remotely romantic to one another. You could at least argue that Naruto and Sakura act romantically or at least 'more-than-just-friends' to each other. Rukia and Ichigo are always just about Soul Reaper business, and fighting off the latest bad guy that comes their way. Yes, they obviously care about each other, but to me it's mainly as just 'nakama'. Best friends or at least really good friends. Nothing more.

#22 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:33 PM

But if you look beyond it, you'd be fascinated by how well they understand each other. It's like they've known each other for so long that they know what the other is thinking. I think it's the fact that they can understand each on such a deep level, makes them a good couple.

In fact, their actions speak louder than words. They might not have anything romantic towards each other, but to outsiders like Orihime, people can mistake them having feelings for each other. In fact, their "romantic" interactions might be more subconsciously towards each other, they just don't realize it.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#23 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:28 PM

Sort of changing the subject, but I just rediscovered this random Shonen Jump Valentine's Day image. It was on the Debate Thread a couple months ago.
SJ Valentine's Day spread --Click here to view--

I don't think it means anything (probably just the mangaka having fun), but I thought it was a fun thing to bring up for those who ship both Naru/Saku and Ichi/Hime, which there seem to be more of here than I expected. happy.gif It also seems to show Luffy/Nami (I think?) and two other pairings that I'm not too familiar with. Of course, the art syle on Naruto makes me think it came out near the beginning of Part II, so obviously it was a while ago that this came out.

Hee hee, I'm kind of curious to see it translated... tongue.gif

@Codus: You could be right, but so many arguments I've seen for Ichi/Ruki seem to rely heavily on "body language" or "Kubo's style", so there aren't many points I can either refute or accept. I do see the appeal of how Kubo writes romance over the blatant unrequited stuff that Kishi seems to love, but that style makes actual shipping arguments in the Bleach fandom kind of difficult, at least for someone like me, who prefers things stated outright before coming to a conclusion. I have the same thoughts toward Naru/Saku to an extent.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#24 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:32 PM

Hoew bout Rukia represents the tsun tsnun, and Orihime represents the dere dere? cool.gif Ichigo's in love with both of them but doesn't pick? Got the idea from Code Geass. biggrin.gif Well I also think of Ulquihime sometimes too. happy.gif (think miss soupy rubbed off on me) smile.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 03 December 2011 - 03:35 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#25 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Dec 3 2011, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sort of changing the subject, but I just rediscovered this random Shonen Jump Valentine's Day image. It was on the Debate Thread a couple months ago.
I don't think it means anything (probably just the mangaka having fun), but I thought it was a fun thing to bring up for those who ship both Naru/Saku and Ichi/Hime, which there seem to be more of here than I expected. happy.gif It also seems to show Luffy/Nami (I think?) and two other pairings that I'm not too familiar with. Of course, the art syle on Naruto makes me think it came out near the beginning of Part II, so obviously it was a while ago that this came out.

I think this was done by Jump rather than the actual mangaka's. I've seen it translated, but it was a long time ago and I don't recall anything of substance.

Out of anything in Naruto, I'd compare IchiRuki to NaruSasu, simply based on the undeniable importance of bond. If Sasuke was a girl I don't think much could defeat that pairing. Similarly, Ichigo and Rukia saved each other, pretty much. Ichigo was the Black Sun dragged down by the rain, Rukia was the White Moon that dried it up. There might not be a lot of romance shown, but I don't really see that as a problem. If there was one bond that would stand out to Ichigo, it would be Rukia's. That just makes any romantic possibility outside of Rukia that much harder to reach such a level of importance. It could happen, not denying that, I'm just saying that Bleach has always emphasized Ichigo and Rukia, so I don't see it changing it's tune in that regard.

#26 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Dec 3 2011, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It could happen, not denying that, I'm just saying that Bleach has always emphasized Ichigo and Rukia, so I don't see it changing it's tune in that regard.

Which is why fanfiction and fanart to ship who we like with each other exists~ wink.gif

#27 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Dec 3 2011, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think this was done by Jump rather than the actual mangaka's. I've seen it translated, but it was a long time ago and I don't recall anything of substance.

Yeah, I figured it was done more as a promotional thing than an actual hint by any of the authors. It's still nice fanservice though, for anyone who ships any of those pairings. Sort of like pairing moments in anime fillers and movies. happy.gif

On a related note, I thought that was Unohana in Ichigo's Valentine's Day heart at first. LOL, that'd be a funny crack-ship.

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Dec 3 2011, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which is why fanfiction and fanart to ship who we like with each other exists~ wink.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 04 December 2011 - 12:11 AM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#28 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Dec 3 2011, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

@Codus: You could be right, but so many arguments I've seen for Ichi/Ruki seem to rely heavily on "body language" or "Kubo's style", so there aren't many points I can either refute or accept. I do see the appeal of how Kubo writes romance over the blatant unrequited stuff that Kishi seems to love, but that style makes actual shipping arguments in the Bleach fandom kind of difficult, at least for someone like me, who prefers things stated outright before coming to a conclusion. I have the same thoughts toward Naru/Saku to an extent.

Well, Kubo is the master of trolling, after all. LOL tongue.gif but seriously, if Kubo's really, really not trolling us with IchiRuki's bond towards a possible romantic development, then I think that's the only thing Kubo is serious and most passionate about.

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Dec 3 2011, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Out of anything in Naruto, I'd compare IchiRuki to NaruSasu, simply based on the undeniable importance of bond. If Sasuke was a girl I don't think much could defeat that pairing. Similarly, Ichigo and Rukia saved each other, pretty much. Ichigo was the Black Sun dragged down by the rain, Rukia was the White Moon that dried it up. There might not be a lot of romance shown, but I don't really see that as a problem. If there was one bond that would stand out to Ichigo, it would be Rukia's. That just makes any romantic possibility outside of Rukia that much harder to reach such a level of importance. It could happen, not denying that, I'm just saying that Bleach has always emphasized Ichigo and Rukia, so I don't see it changing it's tune in that regard.

Agreed. That strong bond is what makes IchiRuki so special. You've pretty much summed it up perfectly.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#29 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:39 PM

tbh apart from the first few chapters/episodes (before Rukia went back to soul society) and the part where Orihime said her goodbye to a sleeping Ichigo. I didn't get the feeling that there actually was some romance. I would even say that Rukia and Ichigo didn't spent much time together after she was saved from her execution.

I did only follow the story in bits and pieces though so that may be the reason. I feel like the story is like getting powers, major fight or rescue mission ending with an all out war.

So far the post timeskip story is better in my opinion but that could very well be because of the new powers.

But if I really had to vote it would be IchiRuki

Edited by Torxe, 04 December 2011 - 12:40 PM.

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#30 Amy-chan

Amy-chan

Blonde Gamer

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Interests:Animals

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:11 PM

As many said before NaruSaku can be compared with IchiRuki very well.

#31 AstroMarze

AstroMarze

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:I'm such a NaruSakutard :D<br />“so baked” I whispered<br />as I pulled my pizza out of the oven<br />

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:05 AM

errr I don't watch Bleach at all but I see way more IchiRuki than IchiHime so..yeah. Ichiruki is pretty awesome... At first i thought Ichigo and uh Orihime were brother and sister.. heheh yeaaa...

#32 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:32 AM

I would say IchigoxRukia fits closer but neither is quite comparable.

IchigoxRukia is the semi delinquent cool boy with the semi tsundere girl type plotline, where IchigoxOrihime would be the semi delinquent cool boy with the semi airheaded girl type plotline.

IchigoxRukia aligns on the surface but below that there's differences. Also Kubo hasn't done much of any development of either type pairing, not on the mutual feelings front. I haven't seen any real evidence that Ichigo has any romantic feelings for Orihime, and just a few minor hints for Rukia. Rukia's feelings for Ichigo as well are underdeveloped compared to the intense focus we've seen in Naruto for narusaku. We know Naruto loves Sakura and that Sakura loves Naruto. We've seen other romantic pairings with clear development too in Naruto. Bleach just doesn't have anywhere near that development of any romantic pairings, it's not really comparable. Romance just is not a focus in Bleach like it is in Naruto.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#33 Kyrie

Kyrie

NaruSaku <3

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:~reading and writing stories, watching television. listening to music, playing PC games, game boy and other game consoles and day dreaming!~<br /><br />Anime Addict!<br /><br />NejiTen, NaruSaku, ShikaIno, SasuTen, SasuHina shipper^^ <br /><br />Kakashi-sensei is mine! Nyahahahaha =P

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:45 AM

IchiRUKI and NaruSaku. :3

Even though this had been stated many times (and kind of proven in many other ways) STILL IchiHime reminds me too closely of NaruHina, so though Hinata and Orihime don't really have the same personality... I still like Rukia better with Ichigo. wub.gif

utter cuteness! --Click here to view--

I love God. <3

#34 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:06 AM

really? i always thought renji and rukia were cute together. they seem like they care about each other.

rukia and ichigo....seems like ...i dont know?? a non-romantic tight bond.

they have each others backs.....but dont feel that way toward each other...

but this is my opinion :DDDDD i dont mind ichiruki

orihime obviously likes ichigo. but ichigo doesnt seem to like any girl.

Edited by merryGOflava, 10 January 2012 - 03:07 AM.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#35 unhskikrforever

unhskikrforever

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:06 PM

OMGOSH! I didn't know this question is posted. biggrin.gif It's been quite a long time since I visited this website. smile.gif Although I don't really catch up with Naruto anymore because of my busy schedule, I still love NaruSaku. But the thing is, I don't know what's happening anymore. I'm wayyyyyy behind. I don't think I can catch up both of Naruto and Bleach anymore. It's been a year and more since I stopped reading. ARGGGHHHH!

Anyway, back to the topic, it's IchiRuki for me! I've always shipped NaruSaku and IchiRuki. AND yes, I agree with one of the member here that IchiHime reminds me of NaruHina. It's not like I don't like Orihime and Hinata but you know, I just think that Naruto and Sakura PLUS Ichigo and Rukia are meant for each other.

15f62c4.png

#36 Eva Chen

Eva Chen

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

ichiruki..

Rukia kinda similar with Sakura. she's tough, short hair, strong and tsundere.

I don't like the girls who in love with the main char and can't express her feeling. in this case, Orihime similar with Hinata.

but I don't know ichigo's feeling, so I don't care about Bleach couple. but I prefer to Ichiruki.
Kishi, you can give me everything, but please not NARUHINA!!

my bad English, sorry

#37 Cursed Wind

Cursed Wind

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

Both Ichigo and Naruto and Sakura and Rukia seem comparable so I go with them, Rukia and Ichigo's relationship may not seem to be lover's but by how he acts about her and how she acts about him you know there's something there. Also many people in the manga have pointed out that Rukia and Ichigo have romantic feelings for each other just neither of them act on it.

#38 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:39 PM

I say Narusaku and Ichiruki, simply because I see Ichigo and Rukia as a similar couple to Naruto and Sakura. :True:

#39 dokueki(venom)

dokueki(venom)

Winnie_Kay

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:37 PM

Narusaku and Ichiruki. Ichime like some have said I feel reminds me of Naruhina. There is alot more communication between Ichigo and Rukia. Besides I like strong woman and budding heads relationships.

#40 Kageteiou

Kageteiou

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

I'm a fan of narusaku and ichiruki myself...as to why? well, maybe its because I like when a girl is not afraid to put a guy in his place, whether it be for acting like a pervert, or acting like a wimp while she was away. I suppose it could just be that I never root for the girl who confesses love for a guy who hasn't even noticed the girl likes him yet. Ultimately, I think I like those two ships because I saw the two individual characters in each ship and decided they should be together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users