• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:07 AM

Well, looks like we were right on the chapter being like bad fanfiction.

Part of me hopes this is some elaborate prank and the official Shonen Jump release will have the actual chapter. But I'm just grasping at straws at this point.

Pairings aside, this chapter doesn't fit Kishi's writing at all, neither does it provide the conclusive ending we were promised. What about bonds? What about Naruto bringing lasting peace to the entire world? It's like someone else wrote this chapter, because this is not the writing I've been enjoying from Kishimoto. I do have to wonder if it was forced and Kishi made it horrible on purpose out of spite.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#22 narusakuotp

narusakuotp

I'm weird...

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Anime and manga, cartoons, drawing, video games, shopping, music, singing, computers, writing, watching videos on YouTube, Pokemon, Invader Zim, laughing at the Naruto ending

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:45 AM

Well, looks like we were right on the chapter being like bad fanfiction.

Part of me hopes this is some elaborate prank and the official Shonen Jump release will have the actual chapter. But I'm just grasping at straws at this point.

Pairings aside, this chapter doesn't fit Kishi's writing at all, neither does it provide the conclusive ending we were promised. What about bonds? What about Naruto bringing lasting peace to the entire world? It's like someone else wrote this chapter, because this is not the writing I've been enjoying from Kishimoto. I do have to wonder if it was forced and Kishi made it horrible on purpose out of spite.

I had a dream that this happened last week, not kidding. Everyone thought NH/SS was canon, but it turned out to be the troll of the century by incredibly talented hackers. When Shonen Jump released, it was actually NS. I remember in the dream looking at the pages in the actual Shonen Jump magazine. I completely doubt my dream will come true, but I find this such a strange coincidence that you said this, that I just had to share.

creates_one_of_og63cs__400x400__by_music

#23 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:57 AM

I had a dream that this happened last week, not kidding. Everyone thought NH/SS was canon, but it turned out to be the troll of the century by incredibly talented hackers. When Shonen Jump released, it was actually NS. I remember in the dream looking at the pages in the actual Shonen Jump magazine. I completely doubt my dream will come true, but I find this such a strange coincidence that you said this, that I just had to share.

You never know. Maybe all of this is just one elaborate farce to make us believe that this is the real ending to the manga. But when SJ releases the chapter, we will come to realise that we were being mislead by expert artists, hackers, and trolls intent on pulling one last stunt before the story is finally concluded. We can only hope that this is so... 

Edited by Atheck, 07 November 2014 - 01:16 AM.

#24 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 01:10 AM

I'm not holding my breath.=/

~Relient K

#25 ALESSE

ALESSE

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 01:18 AM

at this point all we can hope for is at some point in time we get a real nice and true Alternate ending.
Written by some one. I don't are if it's fanfiction. As long as it's written well

Edited by ALESSE, 07 November 2014 - 01:19 AM.

Y7kvBpU.gif

#26 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 01:19 AM

at this point all we can hope for is at some point in time we get a real nice and true Alternate ending.

I could go for that. Like how Clannad had a couple OVAs with alternative endings. (Even if they weren't pairings I supported, they were worth watching.)

~Relient K

#27 ALESSE

ALESSE

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 01:21 AM

I could go for that. Like how Clannad had a couple OVAs with alternative endings. (Even if they weren't pairings I supported, they were worth watching.)

Yeah though I think we'll have to wait alil bit for that. I hope there's soo much negative back lash that it's eventually leads to a alternate ending.

Times like this I wish manga was alil like the DC universe, multiple reboots multiple story interpretations that everyone can find a storyline to love and stick with and hold true to themselves.

Y7kvBpU.gif

#28 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 01:22 AM

"it almost looks like Kishimoto is saying something with the Kushina parralels"

There a tvtrope called as "Red Herring" or "Red Fish". I think it was Sakura's job to make the audiance believe that she will end up with Naruto, while in reality, he never intended.

"If he really wanted Naruto and Hinata as the final pairing, wouldn't he have shown it more love in the manga?"

Because there were so much for NaruSaku thaaaaaat... wait, no, there wasn't, both of them were just as bad written than the other.

That's A LOT of red herrings. I can see using shallow flirting as a red herring, but actuall parallels, themes and foreshadows is a bit much, especially for a shounen manga.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#29 Nintendist

Nintendist

mi6 agent 2006 double oh series

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Sbt,old internet stuff,90s,80s,Windows all,all thing

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:03 AM

please god make her right, please , well kishi is not a good writer anymore , he made this end only for money, if the character does not get to his beloved, kill the woman as Ian Fleming did, or kill the character as other authors have done 

inter multa, unum , E pluribus unum   doge, i want a adoge flash ,lol 

Nintendo 3ds Flame RED User

Nintendo Wii U Mario KArt 8 deluxe set User

USA USA USA BR USA USA USA

#30 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:23 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one to thing the last 10-20 chapters seamed rushed and little forced.

I have a feeling that there was a change in the SJ executives and Kishi was encouraged to wrap up the manga. I have feeling that for 700, he just looked up the most popular pairings in japan and threw it together.

It reminds me of the plethora of retcons in the Ben 10 franchise
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#31 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:49 AM

I have a feeling that there was a change in the SJ executives and Kishi was encouraged to wrap up the manga. I have feeling that for 700, he just looked up the most popular pairings in japan and threw it together.

Yes, that's the feeling i get too from all this. The reality is that, though he is the series creator, Kishimoto is a very small cog in a very big brand. And ultimately his direction could have been easily outvoted/overpowered by the needs and demands of others. Be it editors, executives or marketing departments. You do not get that big without making big concessions, and this might have been the final one. 

#32 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Music, Piano, Violin, Composing, Writing, Reading, Enneagram, Psychology, Ancient History

Favorite anime/manga: Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note

Favorite TV shows: Supernatural and Sherlock

Favorite ships: NARUSAKU!, MinaKushi, ShikaTema, IchiRuki, MustangxHawkeye, SayaxHaji

Favorite Naruto characters (in no particular order): Naruto, Kakashi, Yamato, Shikamaru, Sakura, Minato, Deidara, Gaara

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:42 AM

Yeah, it was WAY too rushed. Ever since they randomly sealed Kaguya away and that was just over, and then the stupid Naruto/Sasuke fight of a lifetime was wrapped up in just a few chapters, we all should've known something weird was up. And now, this rush crap ending is just too much. Like you said, nothing adds up. I think that at LEAST at the point where Minato compares Sakura to Kushina, he was planning on NaruSaku. I honestly think he changed it last minute because he had to rush everything because of pressure from his editors, and that same pressure made him pull NaruHina out of nowhere and marry everyone off.

SHINACHIKU

tumblr_inline_ngnhtp3KQk1sy20ab.jpg

The strong-willed, intelligent and powerful yet loving, tender, and sensitive heartthrob of Konoha.

#33 Candleguy

Candleguy

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:40 AM

I have a theory why he changed his mind. Its only a minor one

Kishi no longer cared about this manga. He just wanted to stop being involved with it. Now the money comes in when you consider how big a franchise Naruto is.

Kishi doesn’t want to continue writing the story but he still wants to make money off it. So he franchised the universe. Someone else will handle it and he’ll still get paid.

Now here’s my theory. The new folk want to continue some form of the “Senju” X Uchi” rivalry/obsession/two halves of a whole heart/Yin Yang story arc. Which is why Naruto’s son will likely be teamed up with Sasuke’s daughter.

See Sasuke seemed to be headed in two directions before IMO. A) Nobody B) Karin. A was most likely to me.

However if A happens the Uchi bloodlines ends if B happened the Uzumaki/Senju blood would be in one person pretty much cutting that storyline off completely.

If Naruto got with Sakura, nothing would happen it would just be another Uzumaki.

Naruto and Hinata’s son doesn’t seem to have any of the eye powers so he’s pretty much all yang.

Sasuke’s daughter is Yin or whatnot

And we continue on with that kind of kitten.

#34 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:46 AM

I have a theory why he changed his mind. Its only a minor one

Kishi no longer cared about this manga. He just wanted to stop being involved with it. Now the money comes in when you consider how big a franchise Naruto is.

Kishi doesn’t want to continue writing the story but he still wants to make money off it. So he franchised the universe. Someone else will handle it and he’ll still get paid.

This is my thought exactly. He took the money. His name will be on the future projects, but he will be only loosely involved in it.

#35 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:06 AM

The Last should offer some level NaruSaku interaction. Will it be much? It's a doubtful prospect - one that carries little weight beyond the opportunity to reconcile their bond as close friends and invaluable teammates. But right now it's the best that our movement is going to receive in terms of explaining how the characters and setting in the future epilogue were brought about. 

None of us could have foreseen Kishi throwing caution to the wind by pretending that everything up until these final two chapters was of little to no consequence. It's damnable, it's ridiculous, but it's what was chosen (coerced) for the ending - an out of nowhere surprise finale with little to no information provided of the aftermath for the war and sub-par characterisations of Naruto, Sakura, and much of the core set of cast members.  

There are rumours and theories going about that suggest an ulterior method to the madness which involve the storyline in the movie, but none of it is substantial yet. 

#36 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:16 AM

Well, I'll be interested in hearing what the movie is about, spoilers and such after it comes out in Japan. But I likely won't bother watching it now. 

Edited by questdrivencollie, 07 November 2014 - 05:16 AM.

~Relient K

#37 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:19 AM

Weird! I've been feeling the same way (Slightly). It's like when you downplay Sakura's character, you become more fond of NaruHina. It's horrible, but... true.

I can see a lot of NH fans feeling like this. Now I'm wondering: Did Kishi feel like this? If this was what he planned on reducing her to, why even develop her in the first place? Development leads to results. NOT to square one. Which is why the puzzle pieces don't match at all in this ending.

I know down playing sakura did made nh more credible.... 

#38 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:21 AM

That's A LOT of red herrings. I can see using shallow flirting as a red herring, but actuall parallels, themes and foreshadows is a bit much, especially for a shounen manga.

agree^

#39 Guest_bontaid_*

Guest_bontaid_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:40 AM

what hurts me most is that NARUTO gave up. He never gives up that was his most admirable trait. He gave up and achieved nothing at all. I never Evwr give up. He not supposed to give up. And that Sakura-Chan didn't even give NARUTO a chance, she ignored him and disregarded his feelings for her, NARUTO will always love her and that's a given. And I feel sorry for NARUTO because it obviously left him with no choice but to Give up which is never supposed to happen becaue NARUTO never gives up Kishi!!! Remember that? Sakura-Chan loves NARUTO rememeber that Kishi?

That's the spirit!

But it's plain strange: Sakura accepted Obito as a comrade only because of Naruto. She thought about how Naruto felt with all the burden on his shoulder. She thought so many times of him as a very dear friend. And she even promised to never hurt Naruto again and what did she do? Giving into Sasuke while Naruto's nearby, i guess. That'S not the Sakura we've known for years. 

Obviously Kishimoto forgot everything when he saw the money flying around him.

#40 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:50 AM

That's the spirit!

But it's plain strange: Sakura accepted Obito as a comrade only because of Naruto. She thought about how Naruto felt with all the burden on his shoulder. She thought so many times of him as a very dear friend. And she even promised to never hurt Naruto again and what did she do? Giving into Sasuke while Naruto's nearby, i guess. That'S not the Sakura we've known for years. 

Obviously Kishimoto forgot everything when he saw the money flying around him.

it's a genjutsu I tell you just watch in part 3 we gone see them being released or at least in the movie and then the real parings will happen. And he didn't forget, he rememebered the thank you from part 1 and the forehead stuff. But he didn't rememeber NARUTO has such selfless love for Sakura-Chan? I don't think so, it's more to it than this I just know it.

Edited by Illnevergiveup3, 07 November 2014 - 05:53 AM.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users