Close
Photo

Do you think the naruto franchise might redeem itself in the future?

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#21 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 08 August 2016 - 07:58 AM

Think about it. Kishi stopped caring after the RTN was completed. The RTN was his final closure that he had with NS and this franchise. Just compared how the way he behaved during the RTN interview and post chapter 700 and beyond. He was very proud of RTN and was very honest that he mentioned that what he did with the movie. He couldn't do within the manga. That was a dead give away that NS was never going to happen from that point on. That's the harsh reality.

Edited by Konoha'sCrimsonFox, 08 August 2016 - 07:58 AM.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#22 Legend054

Legend054

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:53 AM

a reboot of the franchise won't happen it's just way too much work to be done. id say they should just fix the ending or give us an alternate ending at least. but now that i think about it, the war arc was really messed up. if anything had to be rebooted it's the war arc. there were too much sht going on, too many overpowered characters showing up all at once. it was cool seeing the fourth hokage and all, but the more i saw him each chapter the more i got bored of his character and it makes him seem like an ordinary character. kishi should have just left them dead like ero sennin. it woulda been better for speculation

1wocs1.gif

#23 NeonRanger

NeonRanger

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Writing, Criminal Minds and other Drama television. I like anime/ manga too.

Posted 10 August 2016 - 10:52 AM

Interview:

http://m.imgur.com/a/uA1hb

About RtN, he mentioned that he couldn't do moments that he wanted to do in his manga, but he never dated that he was proud of his work. Or not as much as for Boruto, if he did say that. 

He said that for Boruto; he also said that this was the first movie where he is physically involved. He's also happy because of Sasuke; he mention that he wanted Sasuke to have an importance in the movie, which is why he became Boruto's teachers initially; Piccalo/Gohan was the second reason.

Edited by NeonRanger, 10 August 2016 - 11:01 AM.

Hello, Hello, Hello!  :argh:

#24 BlackBird19

BlackBird19

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:USMC,
    baseball,
    football,
    hockey,
    Music(all kinds),
    and manga.

Posted 10 August 2016 - 05:50 PM

Interview:

About RtN, he mentioned that he couldn't do moments that he wanted to do in his manga, but he never dated that he was proud of his work. Or not as much as for Boruto, if he did say that. 

He said that for Boruto; he also said that this was the first movie where he is physically involved. He's also happy because of Sasuke; he mention that he wanted Sasuke to have an importance in the movie, which is why he became Boruto's teachers initially; Piccalo/Gohan was the second reason.

I don't rely on any of his interviews for the simple reason that they are conducted, for the most part, by the company he is contracted to. These are sham interviews designed to make readers believe that the mangaka is writing something truly worth reading. They are both advertisement and propaganda. Now if the interview were conducted by a periodical not published by Shueisha, then I would feel it holds more validity.

#25 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,558 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 06:59 AM

I don't rely on any of his interviews for the simple reason that they are conducted, for the most part, by the company he is contracted to. These are sham interviews designed to make readers believe that the mangaka is writing something truly worth reading. They are both advertisement and propaganda. Now if the interview were conducted by a periodical not published by Shueisha, then I would feel it holds more validity.

The only times i really "trust" what he is saying are the parts he going "oh, this person did 'this'" since he has no reason to lie about that..too much and his gaffs which are much more common in his non shounen jump interviews.

#26 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:24 PM

Interview:

he's lying then for damage control ,anyone that doubts he was involved should go back to the road to ninja thread, he did pretty much everything, the story, the environments, the character designs, everything, we didn't get even close to the type of kishi involvement in the last or boruto that we got in that thread...

trust me I'm not even kidding, I've been here since 2011 and was involved in the thread the entire time up to before and after the movie's release. there was much more news and art leaks in that movie than anything else kishi supposedly worked on.

and its ironic since the same nh fans that are pro enders hated rtn with a passion just because of the ns interactions even though it was a family movie...

Edited by ultranx, 12 August 2016 - 06:37 AM.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#27 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:29 PM

well rtn is a special case given that the interviews were all video interviews that couldn't be twisted around during translation like all these fans like to do. and they were all part of the advertising commercials.

Edited by ultranx, 11 August 2016 - 11:32 PM.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#28 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 16 August 2016 - 05:54 AM

Meh, I just go by quality and reason.

The Last is trash, we all know it is. We can discount it bc they essentially genjutsu Naruto into loving Hinata. Naruto not caring about Hinata is an important plot point. And Sakura says that naruto never truly loved her and it was all about his rivalry with Sasuke. The problem is this contradicts a scene in the manga where when sasuke wakes up after tsunade cures him and Sakura starts hugging him in relief, NARUTO BACKS OFF AND TSUNADE SPECIFICALLY POINTS OUT THAT NARUTO UNDERSTANDS LOVE. If it was really about just his rivalry Naruto would have just barged in like he usually does but bc he LOVES SAKURA AND CARES ABOUT HER FEELINGS HE BACKS OFF. HE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT BEATING SASUKE HE CARES ABOUT MAKING HER HAPPY:

naruto-1961829.jpgnaruto-1961831.jpg

Boruto can be ignored bc it's premise: that all of these pairings just poofed out of nowhere and that the main character, Boruto, should not even exist.

But RTN is a real masterpiece bc unlike the other movies there are no retcons or handwaves, there are no crazy relationships, there are no ignored parts of the story (Notice how there is no mention of Minato or Kushina after the ending), and there no OOC moments save for the alternate reality characters. My favorite is still Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow but RTN is still a masterpiece

Edited by Shadow1275, 16 August 2016 - 05:55 AM.

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#29 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 10:15 AM

If it was rebooted instead of sequel, would you read it?

#30 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 16 August 2016 - 10:17 AM

Not if its the same pairings. I could care less if they improve the writing.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#31 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 11:14 AM

I would try. Don't matter about pairing when it's done better and just make it actually convincing. Plus different writer is already a step up from Kishi.

#32 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,558 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:34 PM

Found someone trying to explain why otaku is a negative connotation to someone. So adding this the next time someone bring up otakus. "Otaku has been a taboo term in Japan since the Otaku Killer. A middle aged man in Japan whom raped and killed little girls, and it was found that his house was completely filled with anime, hentai( loli hentai specifically ), eroge, and figurines. Ever since then the otaku lifestyle has taken a pretty bad rep in Japan."

#33 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 01:07 PM

We got like 3 if I recall correctly. Weebo, NEET, and otaku. I guess they are not likeable as they have caused problems in Japan. Well, I don't know what to consider myself, because I'm practically all around guy more so than solely focus on anime/manga. Plus my collection don't go further than volumes/DVD/figurines (very few, not including pop or nedoroid). So yeah, no hug pillow or anything out of ordinary. Though art book I may get since I really like art, still wish to draw.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 16 August 2016 - 01:07 PM.

#34 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 02:15 PM

Honestly I would check it out provided of course it doesn't contain a single element from the ending and beyond.

But I would not care like I did before. I've learned my lesson.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#35 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:14 PM

No because I'll probably be in my 50's when that happens.

I'll be honest here, if in a future this manga gets a full refresh, to appeal to the younger generation of the time, I expect the manga and/or anime would be tweaked to make the current final pairings more sense, so if anything we'd see more moments of Naruto with Hinata and Sasuke with Sakura.

Because at the end of the day this is Manga, and they don't change things that much. It won't be like DC or Marvel where there are multiverses, , they have one universe and the pairings are stuck, and if it's a reboot they would likely adjust the content to make more sense of the ending. If they went about changing the final pairings (that make sense to the current manga) there would be the added headache of dealing with the purist who will start petitions and threaten the creators for changing the story too much. The only way ending would change is if Kishi came out before the manga started and made a statement about being forced into making changes and that the reboot was how he always envisioned the manga to go, without outside forces forcing his hand...but I doubt he can do that for legal reasons.

That said I don't expect a reboot, we'll just see the similar things we see with Dragonball, and whatever Super is, I've never read the manga, and all this tacked on extras just make it even more daunting to start. So in that respect a reboot makes more sense than a extra stories that make it daunting for newbies to drop in.

Edit: I didn't read the interview posted, and after reading it, I still feel the same if anything I feel more sure. He wanted a reboot, but instead got roped into a sequel instead, says allot doesn't it?

Edited by harry4e, 16 August 2016 - 03:19 PM.

iAnby7W.gif

#36 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:18 PM

I don't think so. Besides Ss and NH there are a lot of problems with Naruto. Sasuke might have been wrong in his solution but he had a point, the shinobi system is like a disease that breeds villains such as Obito, Madara, Neji, and Sasuke. If you think about it they take children from a young age and turn them into soldiers. I'm not saying I want it to be perfect, but Kishi did sort of promise a solution to this such as naruto's nindo, the whole cycle of hate, etc. But in the end the cycle continued.

Edited by Shadow1275, 16 August 2016 - 03:18 PM.

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#37 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

Now THAT is a Flame War!!!

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:56 PM

to be honest. i might do a personal reedit (for myself) by probably commissioning some artist to redo the last few chapters and any out of character scenes that Sakura has...... but thats far away from now. But i'm pretty sure i will have a "corrected" version for myself someday :/

#38 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 11:07 PM

I don't think so. Besides Ss and NH there are a lot of problems with Naruto. Sasuke might have been wrong in his solution but he had a point, the shinobi system is like a disease that breeds villains such as Obito, Madara, Neji, and Sasuke. If you think about it they take children from a young age and turn them into soldiers. I'm not saying I want it to be perfect, but Kishi did sort of promise a solution to this such as naruto's nindo, the whole cycle of hate, etc. But in the end the cycle continued.

Yeah, and that message wasn't introduced until part 2 so I don't think it was the original plan. But it's not something you can drop and that's what happened. >.< The manga should've just stayed being about an underdog trying his best and proving the world wrong.

ナルサク

#39 MagicalNgro

MagicalNgro

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 06:16 PM

No reboots, no redemption. They have clearly showed a lack of respect to readers and i look at the ending and the sequel as just scorched earth

#40 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 06:35 PM

Reboot won't redeem the manga because the original one is more important, so it doesn't matter. Unless they started at some point in the manga where readers know that the story onward won't be the same as the original one with a bigger impact than the last one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users