442 replies to this topic

#21 archangel

archangel

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:56 AM

I'll be honest here, I'm kind of pissed.

That's all he took to bring down Obito. That was the weakest vilain in he series if he die like this. Plus we never get to see exactly why Kakashi kills rin, I thought we had at least an explanation for that. Nowhe kind of kill obito in 2 move.

Yeah didn't expect that, though Obito not dead yet but if he die without the resolution at least of his chracter, the manga is definitly rush through the end.

I really didn't expected to be that quick.

#22 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:57 AM

Kishi knew what he was doing, this sets up for an epic end to the volume. Love it, did you catch the obirin parallel in there??

what page unless your talking about the pictures thats been hinted ever since chapter 16's cover

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#23 arian_rad

arian_rad

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball, any sport other than tennis... Reading, Writing, Percy Jackson, Naruto, NaruSaku, Video Games, Physics and Engineering.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:58 AM

I did and it's really tragic because it felt like he has been denying that he don't care for "fakes" or any some sort, but here, well, now he's going to die to make the "greater" world, even if he doesn't live to see it. If this is the end, this is pure tragic.

It's probably the most tragic death in Naruto this far :( . So sad seeing his love carry out this far and while trying to bring it back basically dying thinking of her. At least we do know who the new obito is and that is naruto, also wouldn't that make sakura the new Rin? With that team 7 and team minato portrait? Oh kishi. Hopefully this war will end by the end of next 1 or 2 volumes.

#24 nia1994

nia1994

darksknight

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:59 AM

is it me or was this weeks chapter really short  :headscratch:

#25 arian_rad

arian_rad

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball, any sport other than tennis... Reading, Writing, Percy Jackson, Naruto, NaruSaku, Video Games, Physics and Engineering.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:59 AM

what page unless your talking about the pictures thats been hinted ever since chapter 16's cover

Basically page 10 when kakashi refers to naruto as the new obito. Seeing how obito's love for Rin carried out this far it puts a parallel with obirin and narusaku somewhat. It's not perfect but the similarities are there.

#26 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:00 AM

http://www.mangapand...m/naruto/636/17

weird thought in my head. Maybe Rin gets resurrected.

You know...for a second I thought that too...

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#27 Hiraishin

Hiraishin

infinite

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:00 AM

NOOOOOOO OBITOOOOOO. :((((((((((((

I don't want him to die! Ugh. Damn you, Madara! He didn't even get a chance to talk with Minato! kitten, i wonder how he's gonna take seeing that Obito is actually alive... but now is dying... Kishi keeps forgetting to give Minato Edo Tensei eyes though lmao.

But seriously, this chapter, urgh. So sad. I really liked the flashbacks. The panel of Naruto and Obito smiling was cute. The little bits about Sasuke felt sort of out of place though. To me, anyway.

THE LAST TWO PAGES. D: Obito thinking about Rin... Holy crap, man. Pulled at my heart strings. His last thoughts. And she looks gorgeous in that one big panel.

Obito should've figured Madara was gonna do something like that though tbh.

The art for this chapter was actually quite good this time around. Better than it has been for a while, imo. Especially that one panel of Rin in the second to last page.

OH MAN. I was so wrong about this chapter being boring. This has set up a LOT. Minato seeing his student he thought was killed... Obito most likely dying... Madara possibly becoming the Ten-Tails Jinchuuriki!? I need the next chapter NOW.

@nia1994 It sort of felt like it. But that's cause it was pretty intense, I think.

narusaku_ss_by_Cynthi.jpg

#28 LivinG_Dead

LivinG_Dead

A Detective

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Manga and anime, mainly Detective conan/Case closed and Naruto

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:01 AM

Disappointing chapter  :confused:

DPqgMVy.png

I ship Conan and Ai. :love:

#29 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:02 AM

Basically page 10 when kakashi refers to naruto as the new obito. Seeing how obito's love for Rin carried out this far it puts a parallel with obirin and narusaku somewhat. It's not perfect but the similarities are there.

your right i can't believe i missed that so i guess the obirin narusaku connection is finally confirmed 

#30 RikutoShika

RikutoShika

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:hmm...umm,I like : <br />-Listenin to Music<br />-Reading manga<br />-Watching anime<br />-Hanging out with my friends<br />-Soccer

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:03 AM

Plus we never get to see exactly why Kakashi kills rin

Rin jumped infront of kakashi and got stabbed because she didnt want the ninjas to get her, I thought that was how she died if i remember

Edited by RikutoShika, 26 June 2013 - 09:06 AM.

JenvsHenra.pngQOKznxM.gif

#31 arian_rad

arian_rad

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:05 AM

your right i can't believe i missed that so i guess the obirin narusaku connection is finally confirmed 

It's been there for a long while. Jiraya's love for tsunade carried out so far, obito's love for Rin. carried out so far. All the parallels actually strengthen naruto's emotions. It's somewhat kishi's way of saying naruto will always love sakura. Although the main focus is obito and how sad his death would be now :( I feel horrible for him

Edited by arian_rad, 26 June 2013 - 09:06 AM.

#32 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

The genjutsu theory turns out to be true afterall. I have to say that this death for Tobi was very unexpected. Then again, he shouldn't have lost this battle against Kakashi in the first place. I mean he used a basic C-Rank Katon ninjutsu against his opponent instead of the wide encompassing inferno that he displayed against Naruto. Surely I'm not the only who noticed that this "defeat" seemed very contrived and illogical.

That ending was very unexpected. So Tobi is actually going to die unreformed?! Kishimoto has actually managed to maintain the status of villainy for a tragic character when they die! Well, that's probably not going to be what actually occurs. I can foresee Tobi remaining alive for another chapter or so in order to use some retaliatory jutsu in his during breath so he can spite Madara. But on the off-chance that he dies without any sort of redemption whatsoever I think that Tobi can officially be branded as the most tragic character in the manga and any sympathy that Madara may have once possessed has now completely diminished.

Victimisation by Tobirama's prejudice or not these recent actions of his represent a side of Madara that corrupts his character to such an extent that he appears irredeemable. The only ones to have ever displayed such a callous disregard for their own comrade's lives are Orochimaru, Kakuzu, Hidan, and Gato. Despite what they may have done Nagato and Tobi at least had the decency to acknowledge the sacrifices of their fellow Akatsuki members.

Right now, I wouldn't be surprised if Naruto decided that he would fight for Tobi's sake as well after witnessing the heartless exploitation of this man's desperate wishes to see his loved one again at the hands of Madara.

#33 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

is it me or was this weeks chapter really short  :headscratch:

I think the fact this chapter has a lot of big panels and for a good reason in my opinion. Damn, if he really goes out like that in the next chapter, that's just upsetting. Man, I need to stop playing dark games...

#34 Canadian_DJ

Canadian_DJ

The Justifier

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Interests:Honestly, western sakura haters are pathetic (if your wondering why I say western, its because thats where all the sakura haters are) they hate sakura for the stupidest reasons, makes me wonder if they even read the manga for anything besides illogically hating on her, and even more so if they even read the same manga. Seriously they really are blind if they think sakura isn't the most popular female character in naruto and has a huge fanbase in japan, kishimoto-sensie's main fanbase. Honsetly, they aren't true naruto fans because they're practically bashing the main heroine of the series who has had AMAZING and deep emotional development, both romace-wise , character-wise and-power wise, and the love interest, Haruno sakura, of the main hero, Uzumaki Naruto. That alone is an insult to kishimoto-sensie's work. Not to mention they rub off the japanese culture, which is important to know if you wanna 100% understand the details of the manga.

My hobbies are drawing, and reading awesome facts about anything I love! Oh and how could I forget, I love playing on my PS3, my favourite online game is Team Fortress 2, favourite character to play with is the scout! (Although I love all of 'em).
    Bless the PS2 era...and all those awesome games... (applause to you if you were part of that gaming age, jack and daxter, sly, spyro, crash etc.)

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:06 AM

God...obito broke my heart in this chapter..whats gonna happen to kakashi in the other dimension?  :umm: Oh and it turns out my-and megi's genjutsu theory turned out to be correct.

God...obito...kakahsi..i love you both  :cry:

Edited by Canadian_DJ, 26 June 2013 - 09:07 AM.

13080302030649702.gif~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ナル~サク 4/3 The day he fell in love with her ♥ 豪傑 そて 婦 hero, great man and heroine, brave woman°°°★Official Top Ten overall NARUTO characters: 1. Kakashi 2.Naruto 3.Sasuke 4.Iruka 5.Shikamaru 6.Gaara 7.Sakura 8.Neji 9.Itachi 10.Lee★°°° <p>Best ofナル~サク

#35 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:07 AM

minato is gonna be pissed

#36 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

You know...for a second I thought that too...

It's no coincidence. Rin was juxtaposed next to the Rinnegan. I'm pretty sure that Obito might turf himself in a final effort to save Rin. But you know. Why didn't he think of doing this before? Was he that manipulated by Madara?  

75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#37 arian_rad

arian_rad

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Am I the only one not surprised about how obito died? This guy has been fighting non stop for a long time. I truly don't think he even had much chakra left and maybe had a smaller amount than kakashi which is why he couldn't go all out. His fight with naruto definitely ran him dry in my opinion.

#38 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:09 AM

http://www.mangapand...m/naruto/636/17

weird thought in my head. Maybe Rin gets resurrected.

No those black sticks, those are Madara's will, he is controlling Obito maybe that was his last thoughts Rin.

Much like those black rods from pain.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 26 June 2013 - 09:10 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#39 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:09 AM

You know, does that mean Kakashi is stuck? Does that mean Madara won't be god-tier anymore, that is until he gets Ten-Tails. How does it even work? Final Fantasy 7 series of boss battles (you know what I'm talking about)? It's crazy because it reminds of Sasori, only this is more tragic if he does go out because he became the world criminal just for the sake of greater world yet he still get the hellish treatment. I will post the video today. I need sleep.

#40 ChocolatXVanilla14

ChocolatXVanilla14

Gunslinger

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Games, Anime, Manga, and Books!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:12 AM

Is it me or did Rin resemble Sakura a little when Obito was thinking of her? But besides that Obito's life felt really bittersweet.....think about it....

tumblr_inline_n3bpre9plY1rb1qif.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users