#21 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:21 AM

Once again Gamestop lies to me and I'm proven wrong. shamefulcry0js.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 21 August 2009 - 06:26 PM.

#22 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:40 AM

You've got to be careful when dealing with Gamestop man. They've got a bit of reputation for that sort of thing. I've heard a lot of reports of employee's lying to customers; it really doesn't seem to be all that uncommon.

Personally? I haven't had any problems with the store the few times I've gone to one. But I don't disbelieve the numerous reports either.
bd5.jpg

#23 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:07 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Aug 20 2009, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You've got to be careful when dealing with Gamestop man. They've got a bit of reputation for that sort of thing. I've heard a lot of reports of employee's lying to customers; it really doesn't seem to be all that uncommon.

Personally? I haven't had any problems with the store the few times I've gone to one. But I don't disbelieve the numerous reports either.

some of their employees skew the truth, likely because they're fanboys, or just not up to speed on their information

#24 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 21 August 2009 - 10:26 PM

Gamestop sucks. They rob you on used game trade ins.
\

#25 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:59 AM

I was hoping i could still get the Playstation 3 with Killzone 2/Resistance 2 but Best Buy had already taken it off their site. sweatdrop.gif

I wonder if the new PS3 Slim has been factory tested for a lot of hours compared to the old one for reliability checks. I also heard a while back that they were working on a smaller nm (nano meter) processor for the Xbox 360 for a potential slim. It starting to look like the latest consoles are going to be in for the long haul for a potential 12 year time gap (with the addition of the new body motion as a controller for the Xbox 360 and PS3's new wireless wand), well at least for the PS3 anyways. (Due to the bankruptcy, numerous amount of employees laid-off, and lower projected fiscal console sales, this new price cut should help them build up some steam to help them get back on track.)

Edited by Uzumakikage, 23 August 2009 - 01:13 AM.

#26 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:22 AM

I would be hella pissed if they didn't try to get some mileage out of these consoles. ITs a recession and kitten isn't getting any easier. I don't have the cash to spend on something new. I already payed a kittenload between the p3 and wii, and brand new $60 games.
\

#27 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:27 AM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Aug 22 2009, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would be hella pissed if they didn't try to get some mileage out of these consoles. ITs a recession and kitten isn't getting any easier. I don't have the cash to spend on something new. I already payed a kittenload between the p3 and wii, and brand new $60 games.

I hear ya, im not looking forward to dropping more cash on a new system

#28 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:51 AM

Finally! Now I can buy it at a cheaper price! smile.gif
I am still pinky-ash

#29 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:35 AM

I don't know I may decide to wait and buy the slim after all. I mean the 120 GB Hard drive sounds nice and it's got more portability. sleep.gif

#30 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Aug 22 2009, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know what you mean, bro. I only drop money on games if I really want to play them.

#31 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:42 AM

Like.... BATMAN! rawr.gif

#32 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:14 AM

HELL YEAH! rawr.gif

#33 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:05 AM

HA SHAA! 111191.gif

#34 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 12:07 AM

I just read the article on this.

Sony's removing the 'Install other OS' feature. So NO SLIM MODEL FOR ME KTHX. D:

#35 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE (JoHamSandwich @ Aug 25 2009, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sony's removing the 'Install other OS' feature. So NO SLIM MODEL FOR ME KTHX. D:

I really don't see the point in going through all the trouble of making your Playstation 3 run on Ubuntu or Linux (having to save/backup all your files and reboot the system every time you want to play a game or use it as a computer) when you already own a nice computer to take care of your other business.

#36 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Aug 25 2009, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really don't see the point in going through all the trouble of making your Playstation 3 run on Ubuntu or Linux (having to save/backup all your files and reboot the system every time you want to play a game or use it as a computer) when you already own a nice computer to take care of your other business.

There are Ubuntu and Linux fans out there who want portability on their PS3 as well. I don't think they mind the trouble. Sony angered some fans by removing this feature as well as not putting backward compatibility on the slim.

Meaning, I'm sticking with my nice phat PS3.

#37 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Aug 25 2009, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are Ubuntu and Linux fans out there who want portability on their PS3 as well. I don't think they mind the trouble. Sony angered some fans by removing this feature as well as not putting backward compatibility on the slim.

Meaning, I'm sticking with my nice phat PS3.

I definitely agree with ya on them removing the hardware backwards compatible 60GB version. th_cussing.gif shamefulcry0js.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 26 August 2009 - 01:37 PM.

#38 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (JoHamSandwich @ Aug 25 2009, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They took out some stuff to drop the price. The general public probably didn't know and didn't care about installing another OS.

But you can still buy the 80 gig pse with the OS option inside. If you can find one, theyre flying off of shelves.

Edited by Mik3, 26 August 2009 - 03:49 PM.

\

#39 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:45 AM

You know they only lower the price tag to compete with Microsoft & Nintendo. They were very overprice anyway! Despite having free blueray, you still play more people online than 360 and their games are too high and unfriendly which will appeal to many towards to cool new remote & additions Wii.

Btw you guys do know that Microsoft already lower the price for 360.
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#40 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:56 AM

You know they only lower the price tag to compete with Microsoft & Nintendo.

Not really. Despite what people would have you believe, the PS3 wasn't selling all that badly. If they were going to cut the price just to compete, they would have done it long before.

They were very overprice anyway!

Considering what you got for the money, not really. The other two systems nickel and dime you to the point where the end up being just as expensive. They simply have that lower initial pricetag.

you still play more people online

Maybe, but the userbase grows everyday with the PS3. Specifically because they're free with the online. With Microsoft you have to pay just to play online.

Btw you guys do know that Microsoft already lower the price for 360.

Technically they didn't really. They just phased out the Pro model and put the Elite at the Pro's old price point. Of course, now the Elite is missing a feature or two with it's new price. So basically now you just get more hard drive space for your three hundred.
bd5.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users