#21 Nawheetos

Nawheetos

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (peanutbutter126 @ May 2 2009, 05:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That panel of Yahiko dying really looks like Naruto without the whiskers... I've been staring at it for almost five minutes now. XD

O.o Maybe he's related to Kushina. They both have red hair after all.... (well, orange)

...OK so that's a stupid theory dry.gif

#22 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 02 May 2009 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (DownsEndRoad @ May 2 2009, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
O.o Maybe he's related to Kushina. They both have red hair after all.... (well, orange)

...OK so that's a stupid theory dry.gif

That is a bit farfetched... I think it's just another team 7 anaolgy, and aparently Kishimoto likes doing this in the manga, building other teams that are similar to team seven, such as the Sannin and Team Minato. Maybe he is just trying to do that again and have the Naruto of the group die, causing his friends to go all evil for his sake. This is just a thought and at this point, Kishimoto could be going anywhere with this and only time will tell.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#23 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:57 AM

its actually a not uncommon story telling tool. Where the badguys and the key goodguys have paralell similarities and stories. but they end up contrasting sometimes violently.

The heroes usually handle their demons better by turning the tragedy into something positive.

the villians handle it poorly by turning the pain into something destructive, but almost allways with good intentions.

which as we all know is what the road to hell is paved with.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#24 Kori

Kori

Uchiha Itachi Fan

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Music. i'm a huge A7X (Avenged Sevenfold) fan and like Disterbed and Slipknot.

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:14 PM

I knew Yahiko had to die in this chapter. however i never expected Danzo to be here. Damn is he cruel, not only does he kill the toad for simply asking if he should call Naruto back, now he wants these two bestfriends to fight to the death. WOW
"We are but men, drawn to act in the name of revenge we deem to be "justice". But when we call our vengeance "justice", it only breeds more revenge...forging the first link in the chains of hatred." -Pain

"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts...their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?" -Itachi Uchiha

#25 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (Kori @ May 4 2009, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I knew Yahiko had to die in this chapter. however i never expected Danzo to be here. Damn is he cruel, not only does he kill the toad for simply asking if he should call Naruto back, now he wants these two bestfriends to fight to the death. WOW

I could be wrong, but wasn't it Hanzo who told Yahiko and Nagato to fight to the death? huh.gif
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#26 Kori

Kori

Uchiha Itachi Fan

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Music. i'm a huge A7X (Avenged Sevenfold) fan and like Disterbed and Slipknot.

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (Paptala @ May 4 2009, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I could be wrong, but wasn't it Hanzo who told Yahiko and Nagato to fight to the death? huh.gif

maybe my images were pretty foggy but still he has something to do with it...well...kind of...well probably not completely
"We are but men, drawn to act in the name of revenge we deem to be "justice". But when we call our vengeance "justice", it only breeds more revenge...forging the first link in the chains of hatred." -Pain

"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts...their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?" -Itachi Uchiha

#27 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:05 PM

I really hope this is Nagato's last chapter of ranting on how bad his life was when Naruto's was far worse than that. I'm starting to get bored and i want to see somesage/kyuubi action Nagato running away or getting beaten, and Naruto, after being the kickass ninja he is, go and see his still awestruken friends. I also want to see this whole Hinata thing concluded because the more time kishimoto speands leaving it open, the more annoying NaruHina fans are getting. Kishimoto has spent enough time on the rant and i think it's about time for it to end. sleep.gif

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#28 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ May 2 2009, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its actually a not uncommon story telling tool. Where the badguys and the key goodguys have paralell similarities and stories. but they end up contrasting sometimes violently.

The heroes usually handle their demons better by turning the tragedy into something positive.

the villians handle it poorly by turning the pain into something destructive, but almost allways with good intentions.

which as we all know is what the road to hell is paved with.

I quite agree. In order for a "battle", whether physical or some other sort, between a protagonist and antagonist to be interesting and enjoyable to read, they must be almost evenly matched in some way. sometimes its not as obvious as in this case but it rings true for the majority of compelling stories. ask any good fiction writer.

#29 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE (zman170 @ May 4 2009, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really hope this is Nagato's last chapter of ranting on how bad his life was when Naruto's was far worse than that. I'm starting to get bored and i want to see somesage/kyuubi action Nagato running away or getting beaten, and Naruto, after being the kickass ninja he is, go and see his still awestruken friends. I also want to see this whole Hinata thing concluded because the more time kishimoto speands leaving it open, the more annoying NaruHina fans are getting. Kishimoto has spent enough time on the rant and i think it's about time for it to end. sleep.gif

I agree. Honestly, what was the point of Tiny's character anyway? Only about half of the previous chapter was really necessary (aka Nagato meeting Konan and Yahiko). Everything else was just filler basically. I mean, is he really going to refer back to that dog ever again? I doubt it.

I'm ready (and eager) to hear Naruto's answer (both to Nagato and to Hinata).
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#30 Kori

Kori

Uchiha Itachi Fan

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (Paptala @ May 4 2009, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree. Honestly, what was the point of Tiny's character anyway? Only about half of the previous chapter was really necessary (aka Nagato meeting Konan and Yahiko). Everything else was just filler basically. I mean, is he really going to refer back to that dog ever again? I doubt it.

I'm ready (and eager) to hear Naruto's answer (both to Nagato and to Hinata).

the basic signifigance to his character (Tiny's) in my opinion is sort of to help show the signifigance of when Yahiko declares how he dreams to be god and to end all war. i'm guessing it was sort of to serve as Yahiko's "breaking point" or the point where he was fed up with all the death and decided it was time to take action against the one's who were fighting the wars or something like that. or it was to serve as the foreshadowing of Yahiko's death (which was unnecessary on account it's SO obvious) or maybe a foreshadowing of how he dies (that it was sort of unexpected type of how, which would remain true based on how none of us or at least me was expecting him to commit suicide for the survival of the others)

QUOTE (jworks @ May 4 2009, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I quite agree. In order for a "battle", whether physical or some other sort, between a protagonist and antagonist to be interesting and enjoyable to read, they must be almost evenly matched in some way. sometimes its not as obvious as in this case but it rings true for the majority of compelling stories. ask any good fiction writer.

agreed and at the same time disagreed. this is one of the best and easiest ways to make it interesting but it is not the only way. i can't think of any examples right now sweatdrop.gif but i've seen other ways and they were interesting. when i think of some i'll post again, unless i never remember or find any...lol
hope i don't seem like a jerk happy.gif

#31 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:31 AM

These are supposedly confirmed via the spoiler pics we saw.

Nagato: We decided Yahiko would be the leader, then our organization became famous before we knew it.

Hanzo: If you don't fight to kill each other, this girl dies right here, right now!

Yahiko takes Nagato's kunai and impales himself to save Konan.

Yahiko: Konan, you must survive by any means. You're the angel of this world.

Yahiko dies, this was the second Pain.

Nagato: Supposedly we had matured, grown up... this was exactly like when my parents died.

Nagato: I realized all my answers were just bullsh**.

Sidetext: Nagato's awakening

Spoiler 2, Summary --Click here to view--

Yahiko, Konan and Nagato decided to form an organization and fight against Konoha and Iwa (Ame?). The organization was so big Hanzo couldn't ignore it.

Iwa, Konoha and Yahiko's rebel group manage to declare a ceasefire after years of battle. That's when all hell breaks loose.

The one who awaited them at the place where the ceasefire was supposed to be negotiated was Hanzo, who took Konan as a hostage, and Danzo from Konoha's ANBU.

Konoha and Iwa (Ame?) agreed on a fake ceasefire to bait Yahiko and assassinate him. Hanzo expected his actions would make him a better candidate to the Hokage. (Mis-translated, perhaps Danzo?)

Then Yahiko takes Nagato's hands and commits suicide.

#32 Kori

Kori

Uchiha Itachi Fan

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE (Paradox Jast @ May 5 2009, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
These are supposedly confirmed via the spoiler pics we saw.

Nagato: We decided Yahiko would be the leader, then our organization became famous before we knew it.

Hanzo: If you don't fight to kill each other, this girl dies right here, right now!

Yahiko takes Nagato's kunai and impales himself to save Konan.

Yahiko: Konan, you must survive by any means. You're the angel of this world.

Yahiko dies, this was the second Pain.

Nagato: Supposedly we had matured, grown up... this was exactly like when my parents died.

Nagato: I realized all my answers were just bullsh**.

Sidetext: Nagato's awakening

Spoiler 2, Summary --Click here to view--

Yahiko, Konan and Nagato decided to form an organization and fight against Konoha and Iwa (Ame?). The organization was so big Hanzo couldn't ignore it.

Iwa, Konoha and Yahiko's rebel group manage to declare a ceasefire after years of battle. That's when all hell breaks loose.

The one who awaited them at the place where the ceasefire was supposed to be negotiated was Hanzo, who took Konan as a hostage, and Danzo from Konoha's ANBU.

Konoha and Iwa (Ame?) agreed on a fake ceasefire to bait Yahiko and assassinate him. Hanzo expected his actions would make him a better candidate to the Hokage. (Mis-translated, perhaps Danzo?)

Then Yahiko takes Nagato's hands and commits suicide.

Its Iwa not Ame because Iwa and Konoha were at war (Third Shinobi War) as we all know from the Kakashi Gaiden Arc. So the (Ame?) if you are thinking they are meaning that instead of Iwa isn't correct (or at least i'm PRETTY sure it isn't)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users