204 replies to this topic

#21 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:21 AM

okay, I teared up, and I never cry when I watch anime. Naruto is the only anime that got me crying; once when Sakura was getting the crap beaten out of her and this. WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE THIS WAY?! arg.gif

#22 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:24 AM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Jul 22 2010, 02:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But Kushina was planning to kill it by sealing it inside her.... that would've made Madara say bye-bye to his plans.

Minato wanted to die with Kushina. Kushina was going to sacrifice herself alone to destroy the 9T. But Minato choose not too, since he didn't wanted her to die alone, at the same time both of them wanted to see their son growing up, so he did what he had to do. Lol...and that is sealing a part of his soul into Naruto so when the time comes they can meet him face to face.

Im thinking next chapter, Minato finishes the sealing and along with Kushina collapses. Sarutobi arrives, and Minato's last wishes are of course, Naruto has to be seen as the hero, which of course was something that didn't really fit well with the people of the village.

Edited by Strangelove, 22 July 2010 - 03:31 AM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#23 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE (narukunsakuchan @ Jul 22 2010, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Go back and read http://www.mangastre...uto/33928369/14

It says that she will die with it inside her, and that it will prevent it from coming back for A WHILE. That's where minato's decision stemmed from.

So, you're saying she'll die but the Kyuubi will be revived someday?? The wording is kinda confusing.

@Strangelove: I can understand but still, now I wish Kushina had a bit of chakra left to give him a bonk in the head so that he'll survive.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#24 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:38 AM

QUOTE (narukunsakuchan @ Jul 22 2010, 04:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I din't see it as fighting, just a debate is all.

Also, anyone else find it funny that two of the panels came directly from the first chapter?

Well maybe I should have said that, but we really don't need to, it's just a story. As for your second line, of coarse it's funny

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#25 narukunsakuchan

narukunsakuchan

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:38 AM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Jul 21 2010, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, you're saying she'll die but the Kyuubi will be revived someday?? The wording is kinda confusing.

@Strangelove: I can understand but still, now I wish Kushina had a bit of chakra left to give him a bonk in the head so that he'll survive.

Yup that is exactly what I am saying lol.
He is her earth, her foundation upon which to grow, and she is his heaven, his peace and tranquilty and also his reason to shoot for the stars.

#26 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:39 AM

At a glance, it seems like a stupid decision, but Kishimoto himself stated the Tailed Beasts cannot die, so Madara would just have to wait a little longer to put his plans into motion. Plus, as someone mentioned, leaving the Kyuubi out there free would only make it easy for Madara to take control.

I especially loved the cover art, with Kushina's hair sticking out like nine-tails tongue.gif

#27 narukunsakuchan

narukunsakuchan

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (Kodachi Claws @ Jul 21 2010, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At a glance, it seems like a stupid decision, but Kishimoto himself stated the Tailed Beasts cannot die, so Madara would just have to wait a little longer to put his plans into motion. Plus, as someone mentioned, leaving the Kyuubi out there free would only make it easy for Madara to take control.

I especially loved the cover art, with Kushina's hair sticking out like nine-tails tongue.gif

Yeah it was me who said that lol.

And I completely agree about the hair gotta love it.
He is her earth, her foundation upon which to grow, and she is his heaven, his peace and tranquilty and also his reason to shoot for the stars.

#28 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:42 AM

Naruto's got to be bawling his eyes out by now.

#29 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:43 AM

Notice the cover @ Kushina's hair.

Yeah, 9 huge strands. Her hair is teh Kyuubi! pictureem0.gif

#30 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:45 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jul 22 2010, 04:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was thinking the exact same thing wink.gif ironic that her hair is red as well

#31 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:45 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jul 21 2010, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like that she's wearing orange and black!

#32 tosakuai

tosakuai

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Nature, Family, and learning about anything Japanese

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:47 AM

The part that had me tearing up was the look on Minato's face when Kushina told him of her plan and said thank you. The whole scene is heartbreaking if you look at it from his point of view and he sacrificed himself for Kushina's dying wish, among other aforementioned things. Not a decision anyone wants to make. Kishi better not disappoint and make me cry for nothing only for the ending to suck.

Oh, and I loved the first page. Family time that should have been. I can totally see Naruto pushing Kushina's buttons and Minato playing the innocent by-standard, probably getting a tongue lashing of his own that he needs to deal with "his son". I can imagine a certain pink haired kunoichi doing the same thing to her future blond kids.

#33 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:55 AM

It was so damn heartbreaking! TT^TT When Minato cried when seeing Kushina... Wow, this chapter- really, really sad...

#34 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:55 AM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Jul 21 2010, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's it? That's the big origin story? Man, what a freakin' letdown. Minato is hardly the genius he was heralded as, and the Kyuubi seemed rather pathetic, as well. I mean, it seems like it killed all of three people, those three being Iruka's parents, and Kurenai's father.

Even worse to me, Minato could have lived, but chose to die. Sealing the Kyuubi in Naruto wasn't his only option. I really don't like that man.

Guess that means he isn't canon sue after all eh Truffle.

Even a genius can be lost in a stressful situation, but Minato has a reason, it's being played out. We all know Kyuubi killed more people so what's the point in showing these three.

1) Iruka's parents are a connection and focal point for his character to relate to Narutos.
2) Kurenai's dad, I guess it was just foreshadowing but I have no clue why they chose to include him.

And you knew the Kyuubi was going to lose anyway, so what's the purpose of being sour? Because it seemed rushed?

Anyway as for my thoughts it was a sad chapter and gave the impression of, "You idiot Minato! Kushina's sacrificing herself to save you both!" We all know what will come next from a plot standpoint.

For some weird reason I kept having the beginning scene of the new Star Trek movie and the music playing in my head. Guess that's what I see a parallel to in my brains.

Edited by Insurrection, 22 July 2010 - 04:06 AM.

#35 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:02 AM

I know the reaper death seal (or the dead demon seal; I like to call jutsus as they are called in the English dub) traps the caster's soul in his stomach for eternity, but I'm going to pretend that isn't true because the thought of Naruto and Kushina never seeing him again really depresses me...but in chapter 499 Kushina said she can be with Minato. Does that mean she'll be trapped, too?! Or maybe she means she can set him free somehow. I'll go with the latter.

#36 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:05 AM

^Minato's chakra faded away, right? Doesn't that mean he's going to Shinobi Heaven? =O

#37 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE (sardns @ Jul 22 2010, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know the reaper death seal (or the dead demon seal; I like to call jutsus as they are called in the English dub) traps the caster's soul in his stomach for eternity, but I'm going to pretend that isn't true because the thought of Naruto and Kushina never seeing him again really depresses me...but in chapter 499 Kushina said she can be with Minato. Does that mean she'll be trapped, too?! Or maybe she means she can set him free somehow. I'll go with the latter.

That sounds really depressing TT_TT, I hope the latter happens too

#38 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:12 AM

Ya' know, it never seemed Naruto cared who his mommy is... >) Ah-haha... Now hes crying and everything! I'm happy he got to meet her =L And... Maybe Kishi will end the flashback there 'cause we already can guess the rest or he might wanna leave it as a cliffhanger for possibly later on in the Manga, dunno'.

#39 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ Jul 22 2010, 04:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ya' know, it never seemed Naruto cared who his mommy is... >) Ah-haha... Now hes crying and everything! I'm happy he got to meet her =L And... Maybe Kishi will end the flashback there 'cause we already can guess the rest or he might wanna leave it as a cliffhanger for possibly later on in the Manga, dunno'.

That sounds like a good idea, but they'll probably finish the flashback anyway

#40 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Jul 21 2010, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guess that means he isn't canon sue after all eh Truffle.

Even a genius can be lost in a stressful situation, but Minato has a reason, it's being played out. We all know Kyuubi killed more people so what's the point in showing these three.

1) Iruka's parents are a connection and focal point for his character to relate to Narutos.
2) Kurenai's dad, I guess it was just foreshadowing but I have no clue why they chose to include him.

And you knew the Kyuubi was going to lose anyway, so what's the purpose of being sour? Because it seemed rushed?

Anyway as for my thoughts it was a sad chapter and gave the impression of, "You idiot Minato! Kushina's sacrificing herself to save you both!" We all know what will come next from a plot standpoint.

For some weird reason I kept having the beginning scene of the new Star Trek movie and the music playing in my head. Guess that's what I see a parallel to in my brains.

Yea canon sue crap just flew out the window and Minato did what was necessary. Naruto is definitely cry it out, so lets brace for the "Kishi is ruining Naruto's character" impact.

This chapter also showed me how brave Kushina was to have to go through all that and she had a lot of heartbraking lines. But she showed just how much she loved her family and it was touching

Edited by Mik3, 22 July 2010 - 04:40 AM.

\

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users