52 replies to this topic

#21 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:13 AM

Unfortunately i live in Tornado alley (a couple years ago a F3 barely missed my house), have to put up with severe Thunderstorms coming up out of nowhere due to the scorching 100+ degrees temperature and it gets even more intensified when the humidity is always close to 100% or greater. sweatdrop.gif

Some of the Floridians may complain about it being hot but they have low humidity which makes all the difference in the world.

Edited by Uzumakikage, 19 August 2009 - 05:27 AM.

#22 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Aug 17 2009, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope Shauna is okay, I heard about a tornado hitting south Florida causing some damage today. sad.gif

QUOTE (Shadowmoon~ @ Aug 18 2009, 06:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope Shauna is okay, I heard about a tornado hitting south Florida causing some damage today. sad.gif

Nothing can bring Shauna-chan down! rawr.gif

Let's just think positive, and continue to hope and pray that she, along with the other residents of Florida, are safe and are protected well. th_glomp.gif

She'll be safe, I just know it~love.gif

---

love.gif narusakuct7.gif love.gif

Thanks for the concern guys th_glomp.gif

Though there was a car that landed on someone's roof because of a tornado, I was perfectly fine happy.gif

~~~

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Aug 19 2009, 01:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some of the Floridians may complain about it being hot but they have low humidity which makes all the difference in the world.

I'm really not sure where you got this information from huh.gif

We have both the very hot sun *and* humidity.

#23 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:48 PM

My bad, It's just the only time i get to go to Florida is in the summer time (sometimes) and i usually go to the beach so it was hard for me to tell if it is high in humidity. Forgot about a state located near the ocean has high humidity (moisture) cuz of the ocean and bad weather from it. biggrin.gif

Glad to hear your okay Shauna. a_dance.gif

#24 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 05:00 PM

Wait, wait, wait...

A cat? Alive or dead, if I may ask?

#25 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 20 August 2009 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Aug 19 2009, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unfortunately i live in Tornado alley (a couple years ago a F3 barely missed my house), have to put up with severe Thunderstorms coming up out of nowhere due to the scorching 100+ degrees temperature and it gets even more intensified when the humidity is always close to 100% or greater. sweatdrop.gif

Yea, same here. I live in the Dallas metroplex. A couple of months back, actually had a small tornado touch down about a quarter mile from my apartment. Had the wall cloud it formed from pass right over the top of me. Fun fun fun.

#26 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Aug 20 2009, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad to hear your okay Shauna. a_dance.gif

Thanks! happy.gif

QUOTE (Cloud @ Aug 20 2009, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait, wait, wait...

A cat? Alive or dead, if I may ask?

Cat? I said car tongue.gif

~~~

Also Hurricane Bill once a massive Cat 4 hurricane, is still a pretty strong Cat 3 storm, and people on the East Coast especially up near New York/New England should continue to watch where Bill, cause it's coming very close to you guys.

#27 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:09 PM

I read that as cat. XD

fu.png

#28 Sakura~Kitsune

Sakura~Kitsune

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Location:The Forgotten Borough formerly known as Staten Island!
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Roleplaying, Magical Girls, Anime/Manga, Video Games, Music, Friends/Family, and Food!

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Aug 20 2009, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also Hurricane Bill once a massive Cat 4 hurricane, is still a pretty strong Cat 3 storm, and people on the East Coast especially up near New York/New England should continue to watch where Bill, cause it's coming very close to you guys.

We've been hearing alot about Bill on the Weather Channel (and that lovely weather desktop, of mines) over here, though the news hasn't been going on about it all too much. It's been sometime since New York's been greeted with a hurricane - I believe Isabell was the last one who appeared with a thundering welcome. Though there have been frequent thunderstorms rolling around New York, from what I've heard overnight that brought down alot of trees in Central Park.
tumblr_n9ki6ltPXZ1qai1u2o1_500.gif

No matter how dark it is, you’re not alone you know?

The moonlight is shining on us

#29 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ Aug 20 2009, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea, same here. I live in the Dallas metroplex. A couple of months back, actually had a small tornado touch down about a quarter mile from my apartment. Had the wall cloud it formed from pass right over the top of me. Fun fun fun.

I live south of ElDorado, AR; Not to far from the ARK/LA line. From Eastern Texas to Western Alabama is the Tornado Alley belt way i call it. shamefulcry0js.gif

Yes, I do love Louisiana style Cajun Crawfish Boils. happy.gif

#30 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,843 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Aug 20 2009, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, the only people who had to worry about Bill were the ones who lived at the shores. Though that didn't stop the surfers... tongue.gif As Kitsu-chan said, the whole Tri-State area had frequent thunderstorms and heavy rain like crazy so I believed Bill had passed last night. I remembered one storm that was so bad at one of the Boroughs, lightning had struck 2 newspaper vans in a parking lot near the telephone pole. The guy had risked his life to save the third van.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#31 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:20 PM

I request for someone to put Krisk in a padded box until hurricane season is over...

You ameriguys and your silly weather... makes me happy I'm european, where we can watch the action from a safe distance.

Keep safe everyone. If you see a tornado, I honestly think you should move AWAY from it, instead of chasing it with your car like some crazy people here. Anyway, you should all build houses UNDERNEATH the ground. You could be mole people, and laugh at the silly surface dwellers and their tornadoes.

#32 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,843 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (Vyse @ Aug 24 2009, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I request for someone to put Krisk in a padded box until hurricane season is over...

You ameriguys and your silly weather... makes me happy I'm european, where we can watch the action from a safe distance.

Keep safe everyone. If you see a tornado, I honestly think you should move AWAY from it, instead of chasing it with your car like some crazy people here. Anyway, you should all build houses UNDERNEATH the ground. You could be mole people, and laugh at the silly surface dwellers and their tornadoes.

Looks who talking... rolleyes.gif Complaining about our weather, you get how many feet of snow during winter? tongue.gif

For that info, tornadoes are a frequent weather problem for those who lived the Midwest of the US. But then again, we had a few in the East Coast. I'll get super scared if I see a tornando right near my city.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#33 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 05:36 PM

Tropical Storm Danny is headed up to Long Island New York/New England:

Video

Article

#34 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,843 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 05:38 PM

... and Danny will come when I have my family reunion this Saturday... sleep.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

#35 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Aug 27 2009, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... and Danny will come when I have my family reunion this Saturday... sleep.gif

Lots of rain for you >.>

#36 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,843 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Aug 27 2009, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lots of rain for you >.>

I know... and I want to see them too >.< ... not to mention bring food home. tongue.gif But we'll see, weather is not that much predictable...

latest?cb=20140126021943

#37 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Aug 27 2009, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know... and I want to see them too >.< ... not to mention bring food home. tongue.gif But we'll see, weather is not that much predictable...

Very true. Let's just wait and watch to see what this storm does~

#38 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:02 PM

Ugg I got threw Ike Rita, Alice, and A couple of other can't recall the names hee. I don't want any heading head over too Houston. I had to go two weeks with out power during Ike and I am a tech nerd so that was hell for me xD.

Oh and Shunna hope your doing well stay strong.

Oh and Sakura~Kitsune List of Hurricane of New york area heee

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 27 August 2009 - 07:15 PM.

#39 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Aug 27 2009, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ugg I got threw Ike Rita, Alice, and A couple of other can't recall the names hee. I don't want ANOTHER ONE head over too Houston. I had to go two weeks with out power during Ike and I am a tech nerd so that was hell for me xD.

It's not headed to Houston ._.

It's headed in the direction of the New York/New England area.

#40 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Aug 27 2009, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not headed to Houston ._.

It's headed in the direction of the New York/New England area.

I know, I hope that non head here sorry hee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users