#21 Dark_Nature

Dark_Nature

Evil Incarnated~

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:If you wanna find out just ask :D

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:12 PM

My condolences, I hope he manages to deal with this. Losing a loved one is always hard 

tumblr_m7jijruEWj1qiq1olo1_500.gif

"Those with power,fear me.

Those who are powerless, seek me"

#22 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:55 PM

Ah... No wonder. My condolences to Kishimoto and his family.

I wonder if this will affect the manga at all, maybe with the way deaths are presented and such. I imagine things will be getting more emotional.

I never even thought of that, but I think you're right.

yeah i think thats why he wrote sakura the way he did this week

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#23 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:22 AM

I don't think so... Surely at the time when Kishimoto's father died, on 19th Jan, the chapter 662 was already finished

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#24 narusakuforlife1667

narusakuforlife1667

Kaneki Ken did nothing wrong!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Interests:-My bae Blake is my interest if you know what I mean
    -NaruSaku are my babies they deserve to be together and have many children together because they deserve it
    -EreMika *.*/
    -Madoka Magica will forever be my top 10 anime

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:24 AM

It is very hard to get over a family members death I hope Kishi the best.

http://glimmeringsky1890.tumblr.com

Also if you want visit my fanfiction account

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5372808

#25 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:27 AM

Agreed. I do think he will go full-blown on Minato's interaction with Naruto, like art going top-notch quality. Well, I'm only hoping the best from him with this moment, more so than his work.

#26 Cherry-Bloss93

Cherry-Bloss93

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:Horses, Naruto, Biochemistry <3

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:08 AM

I'll definitely be praying for him and his family during this difficult time :(

narusaku_ending_22_by_dew_mangaka-d56e4f

#27 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:01 AM

These are vey sad news. My condolences to Kishimoto and his family. R. I. P. to his father, and may God forgive his sins.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#28 DattebayoXShannaro

DattebayoXShannaro

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Interests:anime/ manga, TCGs, JRPGs

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:59 AM

Man, that's tough to hear.  R.I.P Kishimoto-sensei's dad, and my condolences to Kishimoto-sensei, and his family.  I recently went to a funeral of a family member, so yeah, my heart goes out to him and his relatives.

Agreed. I do think he will go full-blown on Minato's interaction with Naruto, like art going top-notch quality. Well, I'm only hoping the best from him with this moment, more so than his work.

You never really know though.  If it happens, then knowing what happened recently in his life will pull heart stings in the readers, making the moment more emotional.  It's happened before.  One example is Deadman Wonderland.  For those that read it know the author took a long break due to child leave.  When she finally got back to working a year later, we get this moment of the MC's mom in a falshback not long after the continuation.

Ganta's mom

Still, if this loss will have an affect on the manga, and that Kishimoto-sensei will channel this into Naruto and Minato's future interactions is debatable.

Edited by DattebayoXShannaro, 25 January 2014 - 07:06 AM.

#29 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

This might be inappropriate to be talking about it, but I can't help wonder if the manga's decline in quality (IMO) actually had to do with Kishimoto being worried about his father. I could tell that Kishimoto hasn't been putting much effort in the story lately, so I can't help but wonder that the anxiety over his dad's illness played a part in it. 

If that is the case, it could explain quite a lot. I haven't really felt like Kishi has been putting in his best effort into the manga either and if his father was sick for a while (I don't know if he was) then it could certainly be a contributing factor. Anyways, it's very sad to hear, condolences to Kishimoto and his family for their loss.

#30 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:58 AM

It might also explain the very clean, cliff-hanger-like ending of this chapter. It almost feels like the winter break/cliff-hanger chapter.

If his dad's passing was after a long illness, so it was expected, Kishimoto would have made a plan to insert a scene so he could end the chapter with high tension/suspense. That way if he ends up taking even a four-week break, the fans will still be eagerly waiting. 

And yes, I can only imagine illustrating Minato's final farewell will be that much more poignant for him. 

#31 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:56 AM

My deepest condolences... May he rest in peace.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#32 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:21 PM

If that is the case, it could explain quite a lot. I haven't really felt like Kishi has been putting in his best effort into the manga either and if his father was sick for a while (I don't know if he was) then it could certainly be a contributing factor. Anyways, it's very sad to hear, condolences to Kishimoto and his family for their loss.

If this is really true, (so far I haven't really seen a valid source confirming it) then I think he should've known better than to continue the manga for awhile. He's Jump's 2nd best-selling author, if his dad's illness was affecting his work, then a hiatus would've been better in the long run instead of a half-assed story. Jump should cut him some slack.

I wouldn't' have minded it if he took a several months' long hiatus, or 4-week breaks on occasion so he can get his emotional problems in order. Even if their 2nd best-selling was on a long break, they still have that monster, One Piece. So it's not like they're going to lose a lot of money (Although, considering that AoT and FT is easily gunning for Naruto's spot, I can also see why they wouldn't let him go on a long break.) 

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#33 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:40 AM

I hope Kishi is alright. I will pray for him and his family.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#34 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:35 AM

Man, that's sad. The break makes total sense now. My condolences. I hope that Kishi and his family will be able to get through this. 

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users