52 replies to this topic

#21 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 11:29 AM

One arc... TO RULE THEM ALL (the pairings that is...)

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#22 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:23 PM

It will probably happen after Konoha learns of Sasuke attacking. Like Naruto, she'll have to deal with that and figure out what to do about it. Then there's the scene where she and Karin passed by eachother; that could be foreshadowing.

As for Kakashi, I think that he will have a fight with Madara, for several reasons.

1) Chapter 396 could be hinting at it. Upon seeing Madara's Sharingan, Kakashi had the biggest reaction.
2) Kakashi's Mangekyou could be fully explained.
3) Madara will have to be in a 1-on-1 sometime, and Kakashi is the only one in Konoha with a MS to battle his.

Another possiblity is finding out if he knows anything about Naruto's heritage (he probably does). I'd like to know if Minato said anything to him before his death. It can't be a coincidence that his best student is Naruto's sensei.

#23 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:42 PM

I'm so confused shamefulcry0js.gif arg.gif shamefulcry0js.gif , where do people get this information: that there's going to be Sakura, Kakashi, and Naruto arcs? I was just as lost when people started saying this year would concentrate on Sasuke more, but @ the moment it seems to be coming true. All the interviews I read are old. sweatdrop.gif

On topic, Sakura arc will probably consist of training, and probably her reflections on Sasuke, but I doubt there'll be much NaruSaku, if there is I'd gladly be wrong. narusakuct7.gif drooling.gif

Kakashi arc, I hope the Rin question is answered as well as the other questions Derock brought up.

Naruto will probably be the fallout from the Pain vs Jiraiya issues, along with his prep for Pain, and several flashbacks about Sasuke.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#24 Dash

Dash

Jetsetter

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Interests:Anime/manga, Music, Books, Animals (veterinary medicine), Scuba Diving

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Jun 10 2008, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm so confused shamefulcry0js.gif arg.gif shamefulcry0js.gif , where do people get this information: that there's going to be Sakura, Kakashi, and Naruto arcs? I was just as lost when people started saying this year would concentrate on Sasuke more, but @ the moment it seems to be coming true. All the interviews I read are old. sweatdrop.gif

There's a Jump Festa every year, and there are generally several Shonen Jump mangakas who make appearances, answer quetions, etc. Kishi was at this year's event and answered questions (here's the THREAD where I posted the Q&A)

As for Sakura's arc, as long as her growing up doesn't equal someone else dying, I'm looking forward it.

#25 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Jun 4 2008, 04:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Poor Kakashi. sad.gif

Sorry Kakashi, we just don't like you as much as Sakura.

As for Kakashi, I think that he will have a fight with Madara, for several reasons.

1) Chapter 396 could be hinting at it. Upon seeing Madara's Sharingan, Kakashi had the biggest reaction.
2) Kakashi's Mangekyou could be fully explained.
3) Madara will have to be in a 1-on-1 sometime, and Kakashi is the only one in Konoha with a MS to battle his.

It hasn't even been partially explained up to this point.

On point three, I'm not sure why that would work. He tried to use his sharingan as a defense against Itachi and it was a miserable failure. Kishimoto's problem in this case is going to be first explaining how and why Kakashi has it and that if he did why he didn't use it when he fought Itachi. If he didn't have it then he must have gotten it during the time skip, but that's a pretty significant change to wait this long to even begin to address and explain this far after the fact given the supposed specific conditions of obtaining it and Itachi's comments about him not possessing Uchiha blood.

Though on point one I could see Kakashi trying to fight him one on one because of that. I think Kakashi would lose badly if that happens.

#26 lolaMarie

lolaMarie

M.Phelp's fangirl

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 07:43 AM

I hope Sakura's arc is about more than just romance. I mean I want to see that issure resolved just as much as anyone else, but hopefully there is more to sakura as a character than just who she marries.

Edit: Someone said something about a death being her means to grow up, while i dont think its necessary I have been waiting to see if he would have the balls to kill of one of the 9, hell even one of the 11! I do also understand that it would have to be someone close to her to have the desired effect, like ino or tsunade. Theres also her parents but we know so little about them that the only person it woild effect would be Sakura, there'd be no real reaction from the readers. I hate to say it but Ino is seemingly the closest disposible (ouch) character to Sakura.

Edited by lolaMarie, 09 July 2008 - 07:51 AM.

#27 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:11 AM

I dot hink i have a clue as to how he got His mangekyou though ill grant its a stretch.

the sharingan is a copy machine for jutsu. and since it for all intents and purposes gives him the bloodline ((limited yes but still)) My guess would be he copied it when Itachi hammered him with the Tsukyomi.

Combined with his 2 and half years where Im certian he had some opportunities to practice with it. Id lay good money that he came up with it before the Gaara arc but only found use for it during that time.

Edited by catsi563, 09 July 2008 - 08:11 AM.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#28 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:57 AM

You can't copy mangekyou-_-
One of my theories is that he feels that he was at fault for killing his best friend, a huge mental impact like that could possibly trigger it, it's a bit far fetched, I know.

Anyway, a Sakura arc would be cool.

#29 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:05 AM

"Growing Up" is a definite but I doubt the Arc will contain romance. Don't get me wrong, it will be nice if the arc contain some romance things but I won't give hope on it.

I think its most likely that she will revalue her worth in the team and her training to become a more valuable asset for the team itself and a view on her goal as a Ninja wether or not its still the same or change overtime.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#30 lolaMarie

lolaMarie

M.Phelp's fangirl

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:16 AM

This is sorta off topic but was the FIGHTING SPIRIT top/dress filler? It looked pretty cool and I could see her in it once shes grown more as a person.

#31 Anewhope2

Anewhope2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:21 PM

As much as i want the Sakura arc to be kind of focused on romance, i just don't see it happening, but c'mon i think we only have 200 or less chapters left, or could it be that this whole narusaku pairing is all a red herring? It's all a ploy? Here's what scares me about this whole gimmick about that new girl, is it Kishi's cheap trick to not let Narusaku happen, and instead make a "Came out of nowhere" Pairing and make it so? Man that would be so cheap.

I hope not..

But here's my prediction, Sakura will learn new techniques, get more stronger, and perhaps MORE TRAINING!

Gah, i don't mean to get all tragic here, but we can scratch all this training non sense if Tsunade gets killed off. (I really hope not, and chances are of that happening is next to none.) Then what? Is Kurenai going to train her, ala Highspeed's story? I'm sorry, but Kurenai just given birth to a baby, so that's out of the way. So what's left for Sakura to do? Character development? More on 11!

Edited by Anewhope2, 09 July 2008 - 09:22 PM.

#32 lolaMarie

lolaMarie

M.Phelp's fangirl

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE (Anewhope2 @ Jul 9 2008, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As much as i want the Sakura arc to be kind of focused on romance, i just don't see it happening, but c'mon i think we only have 200 or less chapters left, or could it be that this whole narusaku pairing is all a red herring? It's all a ploy? Here's what scares me about this whole gimmick about that new girl, is it Kishi's cheap trick to not let Narusaku happen, and instead make a "Came out of nowhere" Pairing and make it so? Man that would be so cheap.

I hope not..

But here's my prediction, Sakura will learn new techniques, get more stronger, and perhaps MORE TRAINING!

Gah, i don't mean to get all tragic here, but we can scratch all this training non sense if Tsunade gets killed off. (I really hope not, and chances are of that happening is next to none.) Then what? Is Kurenai going to train her, ala Highspeed's story? I'm sorry, but Kurenai just given birth to a baby, so that's out of the way. So what's left for Sakura to do? Character development? More on 11!

I thik that everyone is on edge about this new girl because Kishi is a big fan of DBZ and the vegeta/Bulma pairing kinda flew out of the author's ass(no disrespect) but she has a crush on shikamaru and I dont see her sticking by Naruto for any reason. I dont see why he would ignore the set up for Narusaku for some behind the scenes development with this new girl, any new romance for naruto IMO would seemed rushed considering the slow but steady pace that he is using for narusaku. One of the reasons why I think he doesnt have them settled into a relationship with each other is that he doesnt want the manga to be consumed with dopey looks or obscene amounts of PDA, because that would change the genre of the story rite? Yet he doesnt want them to seem like they dont have chemestry because he doesnt want to bother with illustrating a bunch of hand holding. For that reason and that reason alone I beleive if Narusaku officially happens it will be in the last 20 chapters or so, hell he mite toss in an epilouge despite my hatred of them. lol

#33 Leney

Leney

Little Ray of Sunshine

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:16 AM

I watched the anime and who the heck were you going to pair Vegeta up with? Goku? LOLOLOLOL.

I really don't know what Kishi will do. When was the last time Sakura really got any screentime? But hopefully it'll shut down those Sakura-haters. And hopefully it will be full of anvil sized clues for NaruSaku.
WTF Fanfic Quote of the Moment

"I nearly threw up in my mouth" exclaimed Sasuke, mentally scarred by the experience."You should do that!Except let her try and kiss you whilst you do!"laughed Naruto exitedly."That is WAY funny, and all the same way more creepy that that time at the preliminaries!"retorted Sasuke, remembering."uuughh! I feel so sorry for the shadow clones I made whilst we hid.I hear one of the sound genin got AIDS and CHLAMIDIA from Hayate"said Naruto pulling a face.

#34 lolaMarie

lolaMarie

M.Phelp's fangirl

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (Leney @ Jul 10 2008, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I watched the anime and who the heck were you going to pair Vegeta up with? Goku? LOLOLOLOL.

I really don't know what Kishi will do. When was the last time Sakura really got any screentime? But hopefully it'll shut down those Sakura-haters. And hopefully it will be full of anvil sized clues for NaruSaku.

nothing would make me happier, as for the vegeta thing i dont know and really wouldnt have cared if he was paird up or not.

#35 Travis

Travis

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:25 AM

Whatever it is it will now involve her fear that Naruto is following the same "revenge" path as Sasuke. 408 just put that fear into her - so as far as her pairing thoughts go, that will be on her mind.

And so yes, she will train too. Genjustsu and Slugs like many of you said.

#36 lolaMarie

lolaMarie

M.Phelp's fangirl

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 09:13 PM

I really hope so. I mean we have been hearing about the Genjustsu being a talent of her for some while but unless i missed it she has displayed anything outside of being able to wake up from one fairly quickly.

Im all for romance but im ready to see sakura get some hype, besides romantic stuff (I love the romance too)

#37 Travis

Travis

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:35 AM

I forsee Kurenai teaching her. Who else is there really?

#38 Juujuu

Juujuu

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Interests:God, art, literature, music, anime, romance, internet, friends

Posted 08 August 2008 - 06:04 PM

to be honest, im starting to get a little frustrated. I feel like this arc is a long time in coming, so I'm happy to see it finally. I'm just getting anxious to see the end at this point and find out exactly what she is thinking, since it has been unclear for a majority of Shippuuden.
"Balthier is Sexy" Fangirl Army - SECOND IN COMMAND JUUJUU!

#39 twintailednin29

twintailednin29

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Martial art, Drawing, singing, watching anime , playing in piano n guitar.

Posted 09 August 2008 - 04:39 PM

I think the Sakura Arc will cover the following:
1-her family
2-Her feelings on Naruto and Sasuke
3-More teachings from Tsunade. I hope to new awesome powers come from her

src="http://www.saiyanisland.com/naruto/horoscope/05LeoSasuke.gif" alt="I am Sasuke!"></a>
THEY ARE THE BOMB!!!!!! XD

#40 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 06:07 PM

So.. right now we have Pain vs. Naruto... Kakashi is "on the cusp of death" having a campfire conversation with his old man and Sakura has recently screamed out her lungs begging Naruto to come back (even tho logically she knows he can't hear wub.gif) . So which arc are we in!?!? huh.gif

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users