#21 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE (Unknown Entity @ Aug 4 2010, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is that suppose to be Medaka in the top right corner? Anyone else find that it doesn't really look like her or is it just me? Only problem I have with the poster.

Wait... what?

Very likely (yes).

Sorry if that sentence was unclear XD I was trying to say that just because a character has a large chest doesn't mean they catch my eye anymore. When so much effort and focus is put there, I kind of skim over it, not paying much mind. Though the character at the very left has a large chest that looks like it is popping out of her black bathingsuit, I'm more drawn to her face and her hair. Sakura, though not having much up-front, has a very cute expression and the colour of her hair is pretty, and her pose is great. She looks smooth and feminine in her own right, and I think that's part of the art style too.

Do I make sense? XD

#22 Sherry

Sherry

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku of course!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:49 AM

hey I love Sakura in that pic! She's so cute wub.gif

Nami's always sexy as usual wub.gif

#23 Michi

Michi

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:46 PM

Hey I just realized something...

How come they put Orihime instead of Rukia in there? :/
(It's not that I don't like Orihime...it's just isn't Rukia like the main heroine of Bleach?)

Edited by Puni~Chan(:, 05 August 2010 - 03:46 PM.

aeb83504-2ae7-426f-b3d0-4fb11dcfd84b_zps

pfeffersteak.tumblr.com

#24 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (Puni~Chan(: @ Aug 5 2010, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(It's not that I don't like Orihime...it's just isn't Rukia like the main heroine of Bleach?)

I guess they wanted to put a girl that was more good looking? Seriously, who knows?

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#25 Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity

Abandoned

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (Broken Figurine @ Aug 4 2010, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry if that sentence was unclear XD I was trying to say that just because a character has a large chest doesn't mean they catch my eye anymore. When so much effort and focus is put there, I kind of skim over it, not paying much mind. Though the character at the very left has a large chest that looks like it is popping out of her black bathingsuit, I'm more drawn to her face and her hair. Sakura, though not having much up-front, has a very cute expression and the colour of her hair is pretty, and her pose is great. She looks smooth and feminine in her own right, and I think that's part of the art style too.

Do I make sense? XD

Oh I knew what you meant. It's just a confusing statement since I, personally, don't understand how you can become desensitized to big breasts. I know people who don't like big breasts, that's fine... but to become desensitized... it's hard to fathom.

But then I just realized you're female and it all starts to make sense.

QUOTE (Puni~Chan(: @ Aug 5 2010, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What makes Rukia more of a main heroine than Orihime? That she was the first one to appear as a main character in the series? Otherwise they've played equally important roles in the series... so Orihime's more appealing appearance (to most people) probably pushed her onto the poster.
Pretty bored.

#26 Michi

Michi

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:09 AM

QUOTE (Unknown Entity @ Aug 5 2010, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What makes Rukia more of a main heroine than Orihime? That she was the first one to appear as a main character in the series? Otherwise they've played equally important roles in the series... so Orihime's more appealing appearance (to most people) probably pushed her onto the poster.

Hmmm...I guess sooo...but I don't know since I don't watch Bleach sleep.gif

@alexander

LOL! That might be it! xD

But, I think Rukia is very cute... -3-

aeb83504-2ae7-426f-b3d0-4fb11dcfd84b_zps

pfeffersteak.tumblr.com

#27 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:37 AM

It's certainly a cute poster, and I like the artist, as he made the only harem story I actually enjoyed beyond the fanservice. I should add that if Ichigo 100% is any indication of the mangaka's preference for girls, he tends to make the more petite women strong-willed and likable, plus they had the more romantic endings (Nishino and Mizuzu). The more curvy girls were either shy (Aya and Kouze) or depended too much on their looks (Satsuki and Chinami, although the later looks more like a child).

As for why Orohime instead of Rukia...besides the obvious, Orohime LATELY has had a more central role in Bleach, especially when you consider they seemed to imply she was the singer for Bleach's 12th opening theme

#28 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:11 AM

QUOTE (Unknown Entity @ Aug 5 2010, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh I knew what you meant. It's just a confusing statement since I, personally, don't understand how you can become desensitized to big breasts. I know people who don't like big breasts, that's fine... but to become desensitized... it's hard to fathom.

But then I just realized you're female and it all starts to make sense.

Don't assume because I'm female I don't like them ;P Mmm, not the best word for it, they just don't has as much of an effect on me because of it? Too much exposure?
desensitizing - making less susceptible or sensitive to either physical or emotional stimuli. In that sense I don't know if I used the word wrong. I'm not as suseptible/sensitive to them when I see them in anime. Maybe you're thinking desensitized is more extreme than what I'm thinking it is?
Regardless, even if it is not the best wording, you understand what I meant then at least that much I achieved.

On the Orihime note--I think some fans are used to the idea that there can only be one when it comes to being a main female character. From what little I know have spoiled myself from Bleach, the two characters both share a lot of importance. I personally like them both, and think of them both as main characters.

#29 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:18 AM

NOTE: I am straight

And Sakura looks better that any other girl!!! Big breasts look... fake? And Kyoko is awesum~ =D

#30 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 10:09 AM

I'll edit the first post as well. I've been thinking, What do you guys think of a dating sim game with the Jump girls drawn by Kawakittena just like this one?? Just a thought....

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#31 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 03:20 AM

I just noticed some minor thing, why there is 21 girls in this poster, when there are only 20 series allowed on shonen jump per time? just some random curiosity.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#32 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:09 AM

QUOTE (Puni~Chan(: @ Aug 5 2010, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wondered that myself, but there apparently isn't an actual heroin in Bleach, as the role seems to shift every time. Can't be helped though, I like Orihime, but I like Rukia more

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#33 TheBugNinja

TheBugNinja

Sasuke's mortal enemy

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:anime, basketball, and writing.

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:40 AM

It's called Shonen Jump for a reason. Most of these series have ambiguous heroines, Naruto and Bleach included.

Not to say I don't like the females of any of those series, but "heroines" definitely take a back seat in most of them.

I'm fairly sure that Orohime could have been a 1-page character selling energy drinks and she'd still be on this poster over Rukkia. I like Rukkia as a character, but that doesn't change the fact one of them is Rukkia and the other is Orohime.

This would be like picking apart an all-male Shoujo Beat poster. They're there mainly as window dressing, with some exceptions.

For what it's worth, I think the artist did a fantastic job. The poster looks great.

Edited by TheBugNinja, 09 August 2010 - 06:58 AM.

I'm not cynical- I'm right.

#34 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Aug 4 2010, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*wolf whistles* nosebleed8rx.gif drooling.gif Wow, this is much better than the last time they did this. Last time, they had their respective artists to draw it but this time they're asking ONE artist to do it. I like Kawakittena's take on the JUMP girls. In fact, I think Kawakittena was the best person they could have chosen to do it. her artwork is really perfect for them.

I disagree, the respective artists draw their characters better, and at least with Kishimoto, drew them in bathing suits that reflected the characters personalities- Sakura's was an athletic looking suit but still showed off her curves, Naruto wore a baggy long pant style that matched Sakura's pants .

The girls here all have a generic face, only eyes, hair color and breast size make them look different (I could only tell Nami from her short red hair for example). Also the artist can't draw larger breasts right, the big breasted girls and women- Orihime, etc.. have breasts that look like like footballs drawn on their chests- look really fake and also look unbalanced with the rest of their bodies. The bodies of the mid-teen to adult females are one generic size as well: Nami isn't skinny enough, Sakura's butt is way too small (the artist apparently can't do the A part of T&A fanservice laugh.gif ), etc...

I preferred the last time as well because there was male character fanservice too. biggrin.gif
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#35 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Aug 9 2010, 06:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I disagree, the respective artists draw their characters better, and at least with Kishimoto, drew them in bathing suits that reflected the characters personalities- Sakura's was an athletic looking suit but still showed off her curves, Naruto wore a baggy long pant style that matched Sakura's pants .

The girls here all have a generic face, only eyes, hair color and breast size make them look different (I could only tell Nami from her short red hair for example). Also the artist can't draw larger breasts right, the big breasted girls and women- Orihime, etc.. have breasts that look like like footballs drawn on their chests- look really fake and also look unbalanced with the rest of their bodies. The bodies of the mid-teen to adult females are one generic size as well: Nami isn't skinny enough, Sakura's butt is way too small (the artist apparently can't do the A part of T&A fanservice laugh.gif ), etc...

I preferred the last time as well because there was male character fanservice too. biggrin.gif

Erm, they're girl characters in a shounen magazine- expect no defining characteristics. Besides, her art-style obviously tries to make them more realistic and through that process, obviously any corny fanservice is lost.

#36 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:24 AM

Let's hope this time works...

248793.jpg

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#37 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,843 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:07 AM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Aug 11 2010, 01:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let's hope this time works...

Still not working. Try imageshack.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#38 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:29 AM

Uploaded pic to imageshack. (good thing I saved the pic just in case)

Edited by Newkerz, 11 August 2010 - 06:37 AM.

248793.jpg

#39 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Aug 9 2010, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Erm, they're girl characters in a shounen magazine- expect no defining characteristics. Besides, her art-style obviously tries to make them more realistic and through that process, obviously any corny fanservice is lost.

Actually they are less realistic- all are very generically pretty looking doll-like figures (very like Volks first Super Dollfies, where the four girls all had the exact same unrealistic face and body sculpt with the only difference being wig color and style, eye color and clothing. I like Asian Ball Jointed dolls but the first Volks Super Dollfie are unappealing to me- too unrealistic, too generic) , and actually more fanservice is going on in that drawing- as every character is being fanserviced in some fashion.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#40 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Aug 11 2010, 01:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uploaded pic to imageshack. (good thing I saved the pic just in case)

Thanks Newkerz, someone is looking at anothers chest. biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users