Close
Photo

If Sasuke stayed in Konoha, how can Sakura fall in love with Naruto?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 02:35 AM

Well, he left Konoha and she still didn't change. That was what made 693 so awful. When it really mattered she reverted back to her Part 1 self.

Exactly. For all the complaining about 699 (and it did suck don't get me wrong) 693 really ruined this story.

As far as "could NS happen had Sasuke never become a villain?" The answer is yes, it's all how you write it. For starters if Sasuke turning villain isn't what's going to drive your story, what is? What are they fighting for?

The key for me with NS is that they were equals together. SS has a huge "worship" connection with it that I find disgusting. Sasuke is just worshiped like some kind of perfect creation not worthy of the world, and everyone must worship him and prove their worth in order for him to see if you are worth his time or not. NS on the other hand was very much about to people just getting closer over time, there was none of this odd worshipping going on.

#22 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:56 AM

Nope because the last two chapters were a reboot to the manga.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#23 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,565 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:01 AM

Most likely Sasuke would have eventually gotten fed up and told Sakura he not interested in her and he never will be and he doesn't even understand what he likes about her and that she just living in a fantasy. He did something similar when she asked them out on a date oat the start of the chunin exam arc and he call her weaker than naruto and she should train instead of hitting on him. Sasuke has never pull any punches with sakura and if she continued to pursue him throughout the story and he had to constantly deal with it. He would have put his foot down a lot faster than anyone is thinking.

#24 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,565 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:04 AM

Their a reason why kishi never really has drawn/written any romantic scene between sakura and sasuke since the ending despite him being married. It's the drink comment he made in an interview. He had to change Sasuke's personality so he would get together with her. But he can't write a real romantic scene between them cause even he realize it would never happen.

#25 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:43 PM

exactly like Bail says. Even if Sasuke stayed or if Naruto was able to convince him to return at the VOTE. He would rapidly have put Sakura in her place when he did. Potentially even calling her out for her immaturity, and failing to see Naruto and all hed done.

Not saying hed be Naruto and Sakuras biggest cheerleader but he very well would tell her to pull her head out of her rear end and wouldn't be very nice about it.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#26 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,565 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:32 PM

cat. Here how fast I think Sasuke would have put Sakura down. If he were to have been beaten and somehow he realize that going to orochimaru was a stupid idea and to stay in the village and train would be a better idea.

Sakura would have first went to Naruto in the hospital to thank him for bringing back Sasuke. She would notice how badly beaten up he was and realized how far he went to keep him promise. She not the type of person who wouldn't notice the injures and if she did ignore them despite what the hinata fans think. but she would have found it awkward to stay for long and would excused herself quickly to visit Sasuke. not sure if Naruto would want to come with or he have realized he think he getting of the way what he think are sakura feeling. Sakura would have then nervously(sasuke and sakura last encounter in mind) and guilty (remembering naruto's injures) went to sasuke's room if he was not placed in the same room as naruto. Sakura when she entered the room would approach Sasuke's bed after a few moment or after she says Sasuke-kun. Sasuke will bluntly tell her that he has already stated he had no interest in her. The scene would continue on with sasuke unloading how much he not interested in a romantic relationship with her while Sakura act like an abused housewife trying to convince her husband to not leave her alone. Eventually Sasuke would ask why she likes him so much which she'll bring up the bench scene or sakura would bring it up after listening to sasuke unload on her and wonder how he could say that wonderful thing once and the rest of the time act so cold to her and she doesn't understand it. Then Sasuke will explain what really happened that Naruto transformed into him and was the one who said those thing to her. She would have been shocked and any assortment of reaction to running out of the hospitable to going back to naruto and calling him a liar for deceiving her.  

Now honestly Sasuke in any other situation would have probably let his involvement end their but since Naruto use him to say those thing to sakura he would probably go to Naruto to tell him he informed Sakura of the event that just happened and the bench scene. After that he would asked why naruto did it after getting an answer he would realize that Naruto has feeling for Sakura i he didn't know already. Then he would tell Nruto he''s not getting involved in their current romantic affairs beyond this and he should resolve the situation between them by himself. 

#27 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:50 PM

thats actually a pretty accurate assessment of how it might go.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#28 SlyNinjaKnight

SlyNinjaKnight

Loyal Follower of the OTP of Naruto

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Fandoms: Naruto, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Star Wars and others.

Wish that Kishi would just stop trying to 'fix' Naruto, I guess that no one ever told him the phrase 'digging your own grave'. I will remember fondly the characters that made me love Naruto that were sacrificed at the all-mighty altar that is money (and crazy fan boys/girls).

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:50 PM

I think it would have turned out a bit like how it did in the 'canon' manga. Sasuke might have smacked down Sakura, telling her that he didn't want a romantic relationship because he was so hyper focused on killing Itachi, but then I think Sakura would have dedicated herself to getting stronger to try and make herself seem strong enough to help Sasuke kill Itachi rather than getting stronger to stand alongside Sasuke and Naruto. I don't even know if Sakura would have gone to Tsunade about getting trained if Sasuke had stayed in Konoha, though perhaps seeing both Sasuke and Naruto in the hospital, it could have triggered an idea to become a medical ninja to make Sasuke see her as useful.

If Sasuke had stayed in Konoha, Naru/Saku would have never had a chance though it would have also depended on if Naruto had left with Jiraiya as well. I believe that the only reason that Sakura started to really see Naruto was because she could relate to him in their attempts to 'save' Sasuke from Orochimaru. Unfortunately, that was the 'key' to all of Naruto and Sakura's relationship development, it gave Kishi an easy way to have the two interact and connect because they had the same goal, and it made their interactions easier to plot out. 

#29 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:08 AM

I honestly disagree entirely. Sakuras development was shown well before that and was shown to be toward Naruto and away form Sasuke. Sasukes thank you when he left was in many ways his final goodbye to her.

The simple fact is that even if he stayed and Naruto left with Jiraiya Sasuke would not change the fundamental character towards Sakura. there is no manga or canon evidence to suggest he would change. Even if Sakura got stronger. In point of fact canon shows quite the opposite that he was contemptuous of her newfound strength barely acknowledging it, and discarding it the instant she became inconvenient in his eyes.

Worse In fact if she de​dedicated herself to getting stronger to hunt itachi, then Sasuke would see it as worse then her fan girling him. Hed see that shes even less mature and that she hasn't learned a thing at all.

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Catsis Fan Fiction

#30 BlackBird19

BlackBird19

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:USMC,
    baseball,
    football,
    hockey,
    Music(all kinds),
    and manga.

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:29 AM

There's an old saying, "absence makes the heart grow fonder". This is the saying that, sadly I believe Kishi falls back on to explain SS. Sasuke's continual absence from Sakura's life never allows her to truly get to know him completely. Therefore the feelings she has held for him since childhood are the feelings she clings to, therefore the only feelings she knows. So she truly believes she loves him.

That is why SS comes off as so contrived. It's just not believable.

Which is why I do believe had Sasuke stayed and the others had actually gotten to know him and his rather dull personality when not around Naruto, then most of the females that held any attraction towards Sasuke would have cooled after actually getting to know him. This includes Sakura. Being able to compare Naruto and Sasuke as overall people on a daily basis as she matured would vastly change her outlook on her feelings for them.

#31 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 02:27 AM

If sakura become strong, sasuke will only acknowledge her. Just he acknowledge her doesn't mean he love her.

Anyway, sasuke acknowledge team taka since they're useful for him.

#32 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,565 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:04 AM

Here is the thing you all gotta remember about the ending. The reason that ss happened is because nH happened. Kishi didn't write a romance between sakura and sasuke. He was writing a story to appease and attract the western fanbase by giving them hinata's dream. The reason 699 had ss scenes were an attempt to patch over the problems of the pairing. And the gaiden was about salad cause kishi needed to get people to read the gaiden and no one wanted anything to do with hinata by that point. So he went to sasuke for drawing fans. So it became a story about salad and her dysfunctional family. But because ss fans rage about the portrayal of ss he needed to add in some ss interactions in the last chapter.

But without nH needing to happen SS would have never happened.

A thing to remember is that sasuke rarely pays any attention to sakura, but when he does it to silence her or to chew her out about something. The reason why for most of part two sasuke rarely talk to her was because she in his mind was a nuisance not worthy of recognition. And the few time she did rise to get his notice he quickly removed her. The first meeting he called her once when he first saw her and then wait for naruto to appear and then all but completely talked to him alone. The only other time her notice her in that meeting was when she was going to attack him and he responded with tenzo said was with the intent to kill. That land of iron scene she wanted to join his team but he didn't believe her, and then she was behind him with a knife intending to stab him. Both times he quickly went in for the kill to be stopped by Naruto and Kakashi. During the kaguya bit he told her to shut up after the illusion happened and told naruto her didn't care about her and doesn't care if she died or turned into a zetsu and that naruto should only focus on sealing kaguya, there was that require held her when she was about to fall to the ground for helping escape from the desert plain (but it was common decency and kishi isn't going to make Sasuke that much of an ass to let her just fall to the while he is right next to her) but he didn't thank her for it. Then at the end when he knocked her out with an illusion cause once again she went from a nuisance to a distraction in his upcoming fight with naruto.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 31 October 2015 - 01:50 AM.

#33 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,565 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:07 AM

So sasuke if he was in character after the final battle with naruto. Since he already did that illusion where he stab her in the heart. If she continued to go after him would have laid it all out as clear as possible that "Their is nothing between us and their never will. Get over your fantasy."

#34 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:25 AM

Kishi said that ss is intend since the first time is kitten.
Because if that was the case then why he need to decide nh in the middle of the story since if ss happen then nh must happen.

#35 SlyNinjaKnight

SlyNinjaKnight

Loyal Follower of the OTP of Naruto

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Fandoms: Naruto, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Star Wars and others.

Wish that Kishi would just stop trying to 'fix' Naruto, I guess that no one ever told him the phrase 'digging your own grave'. I will remember fondly the characters that made me love Naruto that were sacrificed at the all-mighty altar that is money (and crazy fan boys/girls).

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:17 AM

Kishi said that ss is intend since the first time is kitten.
Because if that was the case then why he need to decide nh in the middle of the story since if ss happen then nh must happen.

Unless he thought about having Naruto sacrifice himself at the end of the series to 'wake' Sasuke up and have him suddenly become a good guy (though that sort of did happen, just Naruto didn't physically die only emotionally and psychologically). 

#36 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 07:28 AM

Unless he thought about having Naruto sacrifice himself at the end of the series to 'wake' Sasuke up and have him suddenly become a good guy (though that sort of did happen, just Naruto didn't physically die only emotionally and psychologically). 

I don't think that will happen.
This is not that kind of story that will get a tragedy ending.
He will not kill his main characters even if the manga get axed.

#37 narulsaku

narulsaku

FALLEN ANGEL

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Interests:playing vedio games , readin' mangas , books ,singing , drawing , and also listing music , hang arround with friends , cricket, football, and also table tennise,eating
    I love multipllayer games like dog fight , tanki online.
    ect....

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:15 PM

Well now this can be a real good argument!!
But i believe that of sasuke wouldnt have left konoha sakura would have understood by now how sasuke is not interested in her at all. And may be (all just theory so.. ) she would have finally see how naruto treats her and approaches her how he really cares about her. All sasuke did for sakura while he was in konoha was just nothing but what he would do for any ordinary people of konoha in short who cares attitude . Then duringchunin exam anyone team member would do what sauce did to save sakura. And besides in the end it was always naruto who saved her .

god is sweet.......
courage,,,,,,,,,,,
doesn't always roar.............
sometimescourage is quite voice at the
end of the day saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
'll try again tomorrow"

#38 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:30 PM

remember that sasuke tries and tells sakura that naruto saved her from gaara and she should not credit him for it that must have been deliberate sasuke gently pushing her in his direction.

i mean rin loved kakashi till she died and he never left her despite this he never cared for her feelings the bottom line is that sasuke and sakura and kakashi and rin are not likely pairings so whether they are in the village or not doesn't mean he will come to love a person he doesn't love

#39 NarutoxSakuraFan4Life

NarutoxSakuraFan4Life

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, writing fanfiction/original works.

Posted 31 October 2015 - 03:53 AM

Alright, I figure... if Sasuke hadn't left, Naruto would still have a chance, even if it were a slim chance. 

Here's how I figure, Sasuke has never had a speck of romantic interest in Sakura; He didn't want to learn anything about her, he didn't really want to spend time with her - he didn't go chasing after her when they were home off of missions, and he didn't display any signs of liking her. (Except the bench scene which was actually Naruto as we all know.) Even when Sakura shows Sasuke kindness, he disowns it and is cold towards her. 

As for Sakura, she knows absolutely nothing about Sasuke (and still doesn't know a thing about him might I add), other than his clan was killed, he's out to avenge his clan, he wants to kill his brother, and he wants to get stronger to kill his brother. That's it. Sasuke had zero interest in telling her about himself any further. So that made me wonder,how does she love him even? It went a simple, fangirl crush to love in the matter of months. I think what really evolved Sakura's crush into "love" was the bench/forehead. It was the first time Sasuke (which again was Naruto) had shown any interest in her. 

But you know, now, really thinking about it, if Sasuke hadn't left, it may have given Naruto more than just a slim chance. 

I figure, Sakura would be around Sasuke more (probably not A LOT but still) if he had stayed in the village. She would really learn what kind of person he exactly. Within those two years, I imagine she would have taken off her rose colored glasses, and get the message (okay, maybe) that Sasuke is not interested her romantically, (unless if Sasuke changed dramatically). That or Sasuke would finally just tell her straight out that he's not interested. 

She would probably ask him about the bench moment too, (which I believe is her primary source of her love for him) but of course Sasuke wouldn't know what in the world she's talking about. 

Just extra tidbit - If you want to go further with it - distance makes the heart grow fonder - Naruto would still leave to train with Jiraya, right? She wouldn't see him for 2 years, so I imagine she would think about Naruto more often because he's gone. I imagine she would miss him too, because when Naruto left, Sakura didn't not like him. Taking this another step further, even if Sasuke was there, I doubt he and Sakura would spend a tremendous amount of time together (if any at all), because as I said before, Sasuke never pursued in seeing Sakura outside of missions. Even if Sakura did pursue in seeing Sasuke, he would run off somewhere, leaving her alone. 

So, in a word what I'm trying to say is, Naruto would still have a chance (if not a better chance) even with Sasuke there, because: 

A. Sasuke started with no romantic interest in Sakura, he was WAY too focused on revenge and getting stronger. Because this obsession was so strong, I can't/couldn't see Sasuke gaining feelings for Sakura even though she's right there in front of him. So, he was pretty much in love with revenge. - SO basically Sasuke's character and personality would have to do a 180 turn around. Which probably wouldn't happen... because the story is staying the same, just Sasuke is not the villain. 

Now a lot of people would say Sakura could make him forget about revenge, and teach Sasuke how to love with her love, but I digress. After all, you can lead to horse to water but you can't make him drink it. 

and, 

B. Because Sasuke would gain no romantic interest in her, Sakura would eventually just let Sasuke go and start taking an interest in other guys aka Naruto who actually cared a lot about her, admired her, liked her so much it developed into love, wanted to be around her, wanted to get to know her more, etc. etc. "not a big deal" stuff. 

So there's my two cents - hope it made some sense.

Edited by NarutoxSakuraFan4Life, 31 October 2015 - 03:55 AM.

tumblr_n0qvafxnzd1s1a2b1o1_500.gif

~Their love was true, their love was pure, their love was beautiful.~

~NaruSaku forever  <3 ~ 

#40 Toby

Toby

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:55 PM

The problem is Sasuke actually started forgetting about revenge. Like 99% FORGOT. When Itachi showed up and beat some sense into Sasuke, he SUDDENLY realized: "Whoa, friends distract you from your true goal," and degressed back to his revenge-driven state.

If that never happened, and if factors that drove Sasuke into defected the village NEVER happened, he'd still have revenge on his mind but once Team 7 happens, he won't be AS revenge-driven (this was canon) and he would have continued being a more comrade-person if Itachi/Orochimaru didn't try to brainwash him.

If that happened, I can't imagine Sasuke remaining COLD like you claim. He's already begun opening up to Naruto (and inveratably Sakura.)

naruto-1566524.jpg

if THIS was the Sasuke that remained in Konoha, he's obviously going to open up to Naruto and Sakura. If this guy opens up, how can NaruSaku still happen?

Also with Sakura being the ONLY girl he's close to, and his plans to still restore the Uchiha, he's going to want Sakura. In that case how can Naruto stand a chance? 

Most of your posts are on Sakura realizing Sasuke doesn't recooperate her feelings at all but if he did, how can Sakura still choose Naruto?

Would Sakura have matured as she grows, and stopped being so clingy to Sasuke? Close to both Naruto and Sasuke, who finally acknowledges her since she's matured and he considers her a comrade (during the Gaara fight,) but Sakura would realize there are traits in Naruto she likes more than the traits in Sasuke. Ex: She thinks Sasuke is cool/hot, but she has more FUN with Naruto because Naruto pulls pranks and is goofy, she also finds herself interacting with Naruto more than Sasuke (since she scolds Naruto and Sasuke is always doing his own thing even though they're still close like Team 7.)  I was thinking along the lines of that.

BUT the truth about the forehead scene coming out is very important.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users