#21 TwilightLink20xx

TwilightLink20xx

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:01 PM

Heh, here's Sasuke's new theme song xD

But in all seriousness, this chapter was just flat out amazing and has me excited for the direction we're headed in even more. I know a lot of people are gonna be bummed about no Sasuke vs. Sakura fight, but as Kakashi has made clear, this isn't a fight any of them should be taking on their own, and that is going to include Kakashi. I'm worried about him now....

But still, great chapter all in all, Kishi's got me extremely excited!

#22 Myth

Myth

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:10 PM

now ı think sakuras feelings for sasuke re dead now.
İn order to survive,we cling to all we know and understand and we label it reality but knowledge and understanding are ambiguous that reality could be an illusion, all humans live with the wrong assumptions isnt that another way of looking at it.

UCHİHA İTACHİ.

#23 Shirafune

Shirafune

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:10 PM

Wow just when we think Sasuke can't get any more crazy, he pulls another epic evil laugh of doom panel out of his hat! kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

I'm sooo relieved how this chapter turned out. I mean I wasn't totally freaking out about the whole possilble Sasuke/Sakura stuff, but to me this was written perfectly. Everything is coming full circle (now if only Naruto could show up!)

And yay! Now we know that SasuSaku is DEAD. I mean really, I don't see any hope of this pairing and we now know that Sakura has been over him for a long while. And I love Kakashi laugh.gif Put Sasuke in his place!

Even though we've had way too many Sasuke fights, I'm gonna forgive Kishi since Kakashi is involved. Not sure if Kakashi can actually beat him as of now unless he has some awesome new justus he hasn't shown anyone- since Sasuke gets one with every new fight tongue.gif

Overall this is definitely one of the best chapters we've had in a good while smile.gif

#24 crazyefra

crazyefra

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:Living, Having a lot of friends. <br />In terms of music, anything but Bachata (excluding Juan Luis Guerra), Reggaeton and Merengue. <br />In terms of anime and T.V. shows, Naruto, Bleach, Kekkaishi, Psych, Burn Notice, Mythbusters, Family Guy, Attack of the Show, White Collar, Heroes. <br />In terms of movies, anything but Twilight, &quot;girly&quot; movies, high school &quot;dramas&quot;, horror movies (excluding zombie flicks). <br />In terms of fanfics, I only read stories with NS as the pairing or Naruharem fics with Sakura being part of it and nothing where Sakura or Naruto gets bashed constantly and killed like if they were animals.

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:19 PM

I just have a feeling that during this fight naruto would show up witnessing sasuke stabbing kakashi making him realise that sasuke can't be saved the way he (naruto) wanted to.
そして、あなたの声は私が聞いたすべてだった
しかし、私に値するものを手に入れる

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSaku, (Fem)NaruSaku, NaruSasu (as brothers, rivals, best friends), ShikaTema, NaruInoSaku, NaruHarem (excluding Hinata), MinaKushi, ChouIno, YahiKona
Fairy Tail: NatsuLucy, NatsuErza :D
Bleach: IchiRukia

Characters:
Naruto: Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru, Konan, Gaara, Kushina, Kakashi, Ino
Fairy Tail: Erza, Happy, Natsu, Grey, Lucy, Gajeel
Bleach: Ichigo, Nell, Kenpachi, Rukia, Karin, Kon

Misc.: Linkin Park, Green Day

In between Anti and Pro: --Click here to view--

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSakuHina, SakuHina, NaruTayu, KibaHina, SakuKarin
Bleach: IchiHime

Characters:
Naruto: Hinata, Tayuya, Karin, Itachi
Bleach: Orihime, Chad

Misc.: Yuri :D

Pairings:
Naruto: SasuSaku, NaruHina, NaruSasu (as gay lovers), KakaSaku, SasuAnyone, ShikaIno

Characters:
Naruto: Sasuke, Madara, "fanon" Hinata (not to be confused with canon Hinata), Kabuto
Bleach: Aizen, Yamamoto

Misc.:Twilight, Yaoi, Fillers, Sakura bashing

#25 socermania2

socermania2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:22 PM

My faith in Kishi has been restored with the past few chapters.

Psycho Sasuke>>>>>>>>>Hebi + Taka Sasuke
BLACK AND WHITE

#26 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:27 PM

I kinda doubt we'll see much of any fighting right away. Madara will probably show up right after Naruto to stop the show, saying something like "this isn't the time or the place [for Naruto vs. Sasuke]." Maybe then Sakura will finally get clued in about "Tobi's" identity.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#27 crazyefra

crazyefra

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:Living, Having a lot of friends. <br />In terms of music, anything but Bachata (excluding Juan Luis Guerra), Reggaeton and Merengue. <br />In terms of anime and T.V. shows, Naruto, Bleach, Kekkaishi, Psych, Burn Notice, Mythbusters, Family Guy, Attack of the Show, White Collar, Heroes. <br />In terms of movies, anything but Twilight, &quot;girly&quot; movies, high school &quot;dramas&quot;, horror movies (excluding zombie flicks). <br />In terms of fanfics, I only read stories with NS as the pairing or Naruharem fics with Sakura being part of it and nothing where Sakura or Naruto gets bashed constantly and killed like if they were animals.

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:30 PM

It seems some SS fans are starting to hate Kakashi
そして、あなたの声は私が聞いたすべてだった
しかし、私に値するものを手に入れる

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSaku, (Fem)NaruSaku, NaruSasu (as brothers, rivals, best friends), ShikaTema, NaruInoSaku, NaruHarem (excluding Hinata), MinaKushi, ChouIno, YahiKona
Fairy Tail: NatsuLucy, NatsuErza :D
Bleach: IchiRukia

Characters:
Naruto: Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru, Konan, Gaara, Kushina, Kakashi, Ino
Fairy Tail: Erza, Happy, Natsu, Grey, Lucy, Gajeel
Bleach: Ichigo, Nell, Kenpachi, Rukia, Karin, Kon

Misc.: Linkin Park, Green Day

In between Anti and Pro: --Click here to view--

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSakuHina, SakuHina, NaruTayu, KibaHina, SakuKarin
Bleach: IchiHime

Characters:
Naruto: Hinata, Tayuya, Karin, Itachi
Bleach: Orihime, Chad

Misc.: Yuri :D

Pairings:
Naruto: SasuSaku, NaruHina, NaruSasu (as gay lovers), KakaSaku, SasuAnyone, ShikaIno

Characters:
Naruto: Sasuke, Madara, "fanon" Hinata (not to be confused with canon Hinata), Kabuto
Bleach: Aizen, Yamamoto

Misc.:Twilight, Yaoi, Fillers, Sakura bashing

#28 socermania2

socermania2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (crazyefra @ Feb 17 2010, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It seems some SS fans are starting to hate Kakashi

Let them hate. If it weren't for Kakashi, the Big Three is dead.

Naruto will not hook up with Hinata
BLACK AND WHITE

#29 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:34 PM

This chapter is prelude to the awesome fight that's about to take place. Sakura knows how much Sasuke has changed she even called him heartless ouch. I can finally say it S/S is dead R.I.P biggrin.gif

Yeah I can see a Kakashi haters club forming because he saved Sakura's life. They believe with Sakura dead Naruto can finally get together with Hinata. 111189.gif

Edited by Gravenimage, 17 February 2010 - 10:37 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#30 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:38 PM

Kind of disappointed that there's no Sakura vs. Sasuke (at least not directly), but good to know her feelings for Sasuke are more or less gone.

It was pretty laughable last chapter how Kishimoto showed Sakura's supposed defection contrary to what she has been doing thus far. I just to Kishimoto was trying to get a rise out of his readers.

Although to his discredit, it would have been more effective if he kept pulling our leg for a couple of more chapters.

#31 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:51 PM

Muhahahah, someone needs to make a banner with that Sasuke pic, comment: 'SasuSaku 4ever' insert Pic of evil laugh Insert Comment :'Yeah my thoughys exactly' would make a good banner I think. Looks like Sakura is definitely over Sasuke.

Is it wrong that from the entire chapter the part that stood out the most for me was Karin having long hair? I have spent the past who knows how many months thinking she had shoulder length hair like Sakura. Heck take away the specs and she looks allot like Sasuke.

Not a bad chapter, it was good that Kakashi acknoledged his mistake of giving Sakura false hope about bringing Sasuke back and everything being fine, He's their Sensei he should have told them the truth no matter how bitter it might be, who knows they might have dealt with the betrayal better.

Anyone else find it strange Kakashi reviving Kiba to find out directions instead of using his summons? Are we going to see Kakashi summon the Hound Boss for this battle?

I personally don't think it will be an epic battle, it will probably be, Kakashi out witting Sasuke going for kill Naruto turning up, stopping Kakashi from dealing killer blow, some words being exchanged, Madara turning up taking Sasuke inside his eyeball and leaving one messed up Team 7. Though I hope we do see Kakashi using a new powerful Jutsu, he looked pretty strong in the first part but in part two compared to the Kages (with the possible exception of Gaara) and the members of Ataksuki, he looks weak specially when he ends up in hospital for a week after using the Sharingan.

Did anyone else think Sasuke looked like a right arrogant prick when he was facing Kakashi like he was a little cockroach he could easily squash.

Edited by harry4e, 17 February 2010 - 10:52 PM.

iAnby7W.gif

#32 dragonflyx11

dragonflyx11

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:55 PM

psycho sasuke is actually quite funny. also wow karin warned sakura shows thats shes not as mindless as made out to be. looking forward to next chap thats for sure. go KAKASHI!!!!!!!!!

#33 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:05 PM

mellow.gif ............................................ wow.png a_spaz.gif woot.gif THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I can't contain it, that was purely the chapter that needed to make me forget the past few discusions!

Kakashi has once again cemented his role as the most popular Naruto character. Unless you're a SasuSaku fan, oh wait Sasuke can do that himself. Not the way I wanted but he provided closure for Sakura if he needs to be stopped and speaking of Sakura.

That writing on the cover means only one thing, change, that made me go, this feels different. Then we have her having to confont the truth, by using Karin, the loyalty test was called out by many of us. Way to go for Karin being a bleeding living corpse thumbsup.gif sweat.gif. You know what, she warned Sakura. If to add insult to injury I mean...pages 6 through 17 for Sakura go from heartbreak to resolve. I LUVS IT!

Sasuke: I'm going to destroy Konoha. If you want to join me, kill her because she's useless. Wait, Sakura you're a medic nin you could be her replacement.
Karin: Sasuke don't...
Inner Sakura: What the hell!?! He was going to stab me in the back too!?! (You know she's thinking it)

And we get a Sandaime v Orochimaru parallel with lightning, lots of lightning. So we gots the Star Wars parody too.

Naruto approaches in the end. Whoa, okay, I need to stop or I'm going to cackle like Sasuke. It's official folks, he's crazy.

So much more to look, and not look, forward to. No facepalms from me kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

Edited by Insurrection, 18 February 2010 - 12:06 AM.

#34 Guest_SS3 Goku_*

Guest_SS3 Goku_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:11 PM

My head is going to exspload hahahaha (booooooom)

#35 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (desaix @ Feb 17 2010, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As much as I cheer Kakashi on, here, I don't think he's got the ability to take down Sasuke right now.

I don't either. Kakashi's skilled, for sure, but I think he's probably way out of his league. Besides which, if Kakashi were able to take Sasuke down, that would nix the inevitable Naruto and Sasuke fight, so it doesn't make sense from a narrative standpoint either.

Edited by dl316bh, 17 February 2010 - 11:37 PM.

bd5.jpg

#36 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:42 PM

Sasuke sounds like one of those old-time villains with top-hats and mustaches and a fancy monocle. Guess what I've made?

(I am, how you say, kind of a kitten.)

#37 Guest_SS3 Goku_*

Guest_SS3 Goku_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:46 PM

lol i love it XD

#38 Faexylona

Faexylona

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:I like to read, write, and learn.

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:48 PM

I love this chapter. It just made my day. I was expecting something...I do not know. But I was not expecting this. Sure, I read the spoilers which left me in a disappointed frame of mind.
So here are the things that really got my attention and left me in a happy place:

1. Sakura noticed and thought that Sasuke was heartless. I am glad that she did, so if she ever fights him or helps to fight him she will know that SASUKE MUST Die.

2. Karin is not a B****. I really hated her character, but know I am thankful to her. She warned Sakura. GO Karin a_dance.gif

3. Sakura is not dead. Sorry NH heheelq7.png
4. Sasuke's maniac laugh. I am sorry, but I thought that was the best part of the chapter. I did not see that one coming. I seriously started laughing until my stomach hurt. Did you see Sakura's and Kakashi's expressions? They were like "Oh, my god, he is crazy".

Thoughts:

I don't think Kakashi will die or defeat Sasuke. Someone will show up and save the maniac avenger. Yup, not too worried about Kakashi :True:
"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are going to get."
- Forest Gump

#39 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:51 PM

wow, i am truly amazed at this chapter. this has been an amazing chapter...one that'll get me to really love kishi again after all those lame past chapters. But honestly this chapter i think is the chapter, the prelude, the opening to the future of the entire manga. From here on out, everythings going to change. Sakura's going to mature and let go of Sasuke. Kishi may have said Sakura still loved Sasuke just a bit more than Naruto...but this officially destroys that and i think kishi planned on this to show sakura maturing and changing (duh, cover page). And Kakashi has finally matured to kage level and understoof his wrongs in his past and what he must do for his students. And yes! he did finally acknowledge sakura! I think the way Kakashi matured and understanding that he had to kill Sasuke, that is what Naruto will someday have to mature to...to that kage level for him to finally take the seat as Hokage. That is what Kishi has been setting up for Naruto in the last few chapters. And I believe this has officially destroyed Sakura's feelings for Sasuke, i mean just look at the way Sakura seemed when she saw the way Sasuke had changed and when he tried to kill her! I mean, honestly....Sasuke is looking seriously like a psycho maniac with his face in every image of him and his freaky laughs are almost crazier than Itachi's one. But at least Itachi's was fake. And everyone...seriously Kakashi is not going to die!!! I hate having to repeat myself, but honestly...it's Kakashi's year. He's not going to die in the first 8 chapters of this year. And if Kakashi really reached Sakura that fast....then is Naruto going to get there just as fast or faster (Sage mode)??? Or is this just going to be some quick fight..cuz i have a feeling it will. And all this is going to lead to a Naruto and Sakura training arc as they both realize how they must mature in strength and wisdom in order to protect Konoha, save the world and save/defeat Sasuke. I just gotta say....this chapter makes me feel and makes me predict that all the chapters from now on will be heavy amounts of Narusaku developement (no kiddin') and heavy Naruto developement ( a whole big big big bunch!!!!)!!!!! WHOOOO, GO KISHI!!!!!!

#40 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:15 AM

Let's out a breath he's been holding all week.

Unlike many of you, I don't read spoilers. But even if I didn't read them, I could see the spoiler topic getting bigger and bigger extremely fast. That worried me, because it could only mean two things: Either it was awesome, or the worst chapter ever.

It. Was. Awesome. biggrin.gif

I knew Sakura was just trying to get close to Sasuke. But knowing something and seeing it are two different things. When I read her thought bubbles about how killing Sasuke would end it right there, I have to admit, a huge amount of tension left me.

While other people may not like Sakura shaking while she makes up her mind, I do. It shows she still has feelings. Not for Sasuke, but feelings in general. Sasuke was a large part of her life, remember. Thinking that she'd just drop them in a snap isn't realistic. Having her be indecisive is a large part of what makes her what Sasuke isn't anymore: Human.

I've been on the fence about Kakashi for a while now, but with this chapter, I think I can agree to him becoming Hokage. He owned up to his mistake, apologized for it, praised Sakura for her actions while telling her she didn't need to do them, and is preparing to do something that will most likely be one of the hardest he's ever had to do. That's Kage material, through and through.

No, Kakashi will not die here. He's already been down that road, remember? Him dying again would serve no purpose. But we also haven't seen him go all out against an opponent on his level, have we? When he died against Pain, it wasn't because of his lack of power. It was due to overusing his Mangekyou Sharingan, remember? Which Sasuke doesn't know he can use. Not only that, but Sasuke is completely drained from his fight with Danzou. He got a tiny bit of healing from Karin, but her healing abilities haven't been shown to restore chakra.

Is this the part where Sasuke dies, though? No. Something will get in the way. Whether that be Madara, Naruto, or what I kind of wish would happen, an interruption by Zetsu. Seriously, where the hell did that guy go?! Sasuke has become too entangled with the Bijuu plot to get rid of him now. And didn't Madara promise to give him a bijuu for Taka's help? What really intrigues me about what Madara said, was the way he didn't specify which one. Which makes me think Madara is going to give him the one no one wants: The Juubi. As if Sasuke didn't have problems with being insane already.

For the first time in a while, I'm looking forward to next week's chapter. Release the awesome, Kishimoto-sensei!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users