#21 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:12 PM

My wishful thinking:
Sasuke presses Itachi for answers, now that Kabuto is trapped.
Itachi blows him off yet again ("maybe later, when I'm not so busy").
Sasuke, remembering that he is psychotic in large part due to Itachi's mind games, frees Kabuto to get back at Itachi.

After giving Kabuto a sage power-up and making him a loathsome villain, it would be a shame to get rid of him now.

#22 Deej

Deej

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (HalfStarStudios @ May 16 2012, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm hoping Kabuto somehow breaks free from Izanami and takes Itachi aka Marry Sue. I'm just sick of Itachi right now. He makes everyone next to him useless(Sasuke,Naruto and Bee).

It pains me to agree with this since Itachi was my favorite Uchiha. And my first fangirl crush in Naruto. But now I am also sick of him. I wish he stayed dead(well really dead). I don't find an immortal being who can regenerate in an instant, with ridiculous hax abilities that makes the likes of Kabuto utterly powerless, awesome or interesting. Kishi tends to go overboard on characters he loves at the moment.

I would love for Kabuto(who I like a lot more) to break free and embarrass Itachi to continue the fight, but this was his swan song. His flashbacks sealed his fate. Sadly, the Kages vs. Madara fight is very much tied to this one so Itachi will get to be the hero there also by undoing Edo Tensei. All praise Itachi! Kishimoto's new darling!

The manga can't return to Naruto and the Konoha 11 fast enough for me. I'd rather see characters who are over-matched overcoming the odds.

QUOTE (RedDelicious @ May 16 2012, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My wishful thinking:
Sasuke presses Itachi for answers, now that Kabuto is trapped.
Itachi blows him off yet again ("maybe later, when I'm not so busy").
Sasuke, remembering that he is psychotic in large part due to Itachi's mind games, frees Kabuto to get back at Itachi.

After giv :Ding Kabuto a sage power-up and making him a loathsome villain, it would be a shame to get rid of him now.

That would be awesome.

Edited by Deej, 16 May 2012 - 08:29 PM.

#23 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE (HalfStarStudios @ May 16 2012, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm hoping Kabuto somehow breaks free from Izanami and takes Itachi aka Marry Sue. I'm just sick of Itachi right now. He makes everyone next to him useless(Sasuke,Naruto and Bee).

I can somewhat agree.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#24 Dyshana

Dyshana

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Reading and lots of other things.

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:04 PM

I liked the chapter XD

Edited by Cortana115, 16 May 2012 - 09:07 PM.

#25 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (Cortana115 @ May 16 2012, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I liked the chapter XD

That was the most insulting panel he talk to Kabuto like an owner speaking to his pet, that was very arrogant.

By the way FoolishYoungling I love your sig. whatthekitten.gif

#26 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:27 PM

Sasuke has to betray Itachi, he is becoming to soft looking. Where are those evil glaring eyes he had at the end of like 4 chapters in a row saying something like "sasuke going to the battlefield". How can that all be dropped so sudden. This is going to be Itachi vs Sasuke & Kabuto in a second. Then again, if Izanami changed destiny, maybe Kabuto will see his mom (orphan mother) again.
QUOTE (donjoseph19 @ May 16 2012, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
By the way FoolishYoungling I love your sig. whatthefuck.gif

Thanks happy.gif

Edited by FoolishYoungling , 16 May 2012 - 10:27 PM.

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#27 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:50 AM

So Izanami basically traps it's victim in an loop? Typical Uchica style genjutsu. They really like to kitten with people's mind don't they? sleep.gif

As for Kabuto. Well I guess this is it, unless he can somehow find a way to break the jutsu, which i very much doubt. Then again, wasn't it Itachi who said something along the lines of "Every jutsu has a weakness"?

I just hope that Kishi will give Kabuto a worthy end. An end befitting of his character. Perhaps something to do with his mother? Who knows.

Edited by TerrorKing, 17 May 2012 - 12:52 AM.

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#28 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:23 AM

QUOTE (HalfStarStudios @ May 16 2012, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's not Itachi, that's the Uchiha motto..

"The Uchihas: We make every other ninja seem useless....except for the Uzumakis."
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#29 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:53 AM

it appears that kishimto give up drawing this manga
the plots are increasingly cliches the forbidden techniques has any more innovation.

The idea of the blows is something that is revisited in almost all manga involving fights.
Yuyu Hakusho Even in this "idea" is performed in better shape than was performed in Naruto.

The fact is the /rage of the naruto's readers about uchiha's power level
they had enough "power" to fight, now , in each fight were it appears a "SHARINGANLOL" he comes with a forbidden technique , each fight that envolves an sharingan always comes with a forbidden technique and with this he wins the fight.

There is no reason for it, the struggle in itself promised more with Saske + Itachi fighting together.
striking a blow that would make a minimum reflection that would make Kabutops to open the eye for a split second and holds it in a genjutsu.

But no ...
We will make any little kitten, wasting the fight in seven manga's full of flashbacks and dialogues, make a rotten fight with Kabuto evil shows its power.
Sasuke did not do anything, and the kittening secret technique is something that has been done in almost every Shonen far.

2/10

I'd write a story better while i kitten
SK-303_image007.jpg

#30 Amy-chan

Amy-chan

Blonde Gamer

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Interests:Animals

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:41 PM

It is war you cant always be in 12 different places at once. Im actually very pleased how he's handling everything at the moment, and I love learning about everyones back story's during the war and everything they've been through. All in all I really liked the chapter and everything that happened.

#31 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

Only have a sec....

But I was wondering, from a tactical pov, what is the goal of this jutsu? Ok, so get that it's a time loop. I guess the point is to confuse Kabuto enough to provide Itachi a window to kill him?

It seems like a lot of work — having to have a partner, having to set it up in advance and then wait for it to kick in — when I would think there would be other jutsus available in an Uchiha's arsenal that might have worked as well to create an opening.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the point was made in the manga that Kabuto was impervious to the Uchihas' genjutsu. Thus forcing this last forbidden technique.

But if your opponent is so powerful that he can fend off the sharingan and it's genjutsus, then I would think you'd be really lucky to survive long enough to jump-start the izanami.

(I saw a show about ninja weapons and the focused on the sickle blade on the end of the chain. It was a great weapon and could be wielded to kill, but only as long as the opponent was standing still. And if you missed, then the retraction time was extremely long, leaving you open to your opponents attacks for a long time. So those two things made the weapon a poor choice in battle. It could kill, but most times, the situation was so volatile it would be impossible to hit your opponent. And when you inevitably missed, your opponent would kill you. Itachi's technique, so far, reminds me of that weapon. It sounds good, but tactically is a highly risky choice.)

#32 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ May 17 2012, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Only have a sec....

But I was wondering, from a tactical pov, what is the goal of this jutsu? Ok, so get that it's a time loop. I guess the point is to confuse Kabuto enough to provide Itachi a window to kill him?

It seems like a lot of work — having to have a partner, having to set it up in advance and then wait for it to kick in — when I would think there would be other jutsus available in an Uchiha's arsenal that might have worked as well to create an opening.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the point was made in the manga that Kabuto was impervious to the Uchihas' genjutsu. Thus forcing this last forbidden technique.

But if your opponent is so powerful that he can fend off the sharingan and it's genjutsus, then I would think you'd be really lucky to survive long enough to jump-start the izanami.

(I saw a show about ninja weapons and the focused on the sickle blade on the end of the chain. It was a great weapon and could be wielded to kill, but only as long as the opponent was standing still. And if you missed, then the retraction time was extremely long, leaving you open to your opponents attacks for a long time. So those two things made the weapon a poor choice in battle. It could kill, but most times, the situation was so volatile it would be impossible to hit your opponent. And when you inevitably missed, your opponent would kill you. Itachi's technique, so far, reminds me of that weapon. It sounds good, but tactically is a highly risky choice.)

Yeah, Kabuto cut off his sight rendering things like Tsukiyomi useless. I wonder about Izanami though; is the time loop the only consequence or simply the method by which Itachi chose to use the power and what is the consequence for using it? Because of what you said is true then, yeah, it may end up being a power that was tailored to this fight. It would useful because of the type of opponent Kabuto is and because he just happens to have help capable of making the opening, but useless in almost every other fight.

I hope that's not the case because it would be a fantastic a case of how convenient that the Sharingan has a power that's great at getting out of this one tight spot, but sucks in almost every other situation. At the same time, this could be Kishimoto's attempt not to overdo a bloodline he has so mercilessly beat to death.

#33 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ May 17 2012, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good think Kabuto was so lonely that he took the time to tell his life story to his enemies during combat. tongue.gif

#34 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ May 17 2012, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Only have a sec....

Well, we know that Itachi is trying to get him to release the ET. So I guess he is going to force Kabuto to release his jutsu by making him do it. The Izanami supposedly makes reality, it doesn't alter it. So I guess he is making the reality where Kabuto dispels the jutsu.

The sharingan is starting to be the swiss army knife of eyes. It always has the perfect tool for the situation. Similar to Batman's gadgets or Yu-gi-oh pulling the exact card from his deck to counter act his opponents "perfect strategy."

I want to add this again for emphasis. I really really really really hope Sasuke doesn't become good just because Itachi tells him to.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 17 May 2012 - 05:35 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#35 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ May 17 2012, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want to add this again for emphasis. I really really really really hope Sasuke doesn't become good just because Itachi tells him to.

It won't. I agree with trixsie phrase that this is more likely planting a seed in Sasuke that Naruto will build on (not that I'm a huge fan of that). Itachi can't be THE reason it happens because Naruto's role and basis for his quest die; leaving him with the generic save the world role.

#36 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ May 17 2012, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Only have a sec....

This page looks to give the crucial key to what is the goal of the jutsu

http://www.naruto-ma...uto_Manga/587/9

"I'm the one who has your destiny in (my) hands, but you are the one who will decide it. Remember what I said then think about it. Those who forgive themselves and accept their real nature are the strong ones."

Basically it looks like Itachi is showing mercy to Kabuto, and giving him a chance to decide his destiny. Ironically, Kabuto ended up giving Itachi the most freedom he's ever had, once Itachi broke the hold Kabuto had over his Edo form.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#37 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:45 PM

Ah, looks like I have yet to have my say in this chapter. But, nothing happened. Oh, Izanami is a loop jutsu, how cool. dry.gif Im getting sick of the Uchiha brothers.

#38 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (Dragunov @ May 17 2012, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, looks like I have yet to have my say in this chapter. But, nothing happened. Oh, Izanami is a loop jutsu, how cool. dry.gif Im getting sick of the Uchiha brothers.

me too , but kishimoto ended it with cliche like i said before another "hidden tecqnique" i wonder how many hiddent tecqniques the uchiha's had cuz i'm sick of this i thought they were going to fight kabuto in a fierce fight without any surprises but no lets make another OP tecqnique

Sasuke vs Itachi - Amateratsu & Susano
Sasuke vs Raikage _ Amateratsu Manipulating.
Sasuke vs Danzou - Izanagi, Susano
Madara - Rinnengan and other OP tecqniques
Sasuke & Itachi vs Kabuto - Izanami.

Edited by dovahkiin, 17 May 2012 - 11:27 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#39 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ May 17 2012, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It won't. I agree with trixsie phrase that this is more likely planting a seed in Sasuke that Naruto will build on (not that I'm a huge fan of that). Itachi can't be THE reason it happens because Naruto's role and basis for his quest die; leaving him with the generic save the world role.

I hope you're right. And Trixie too for that matter.

I can deal with everything else just fine, but Sasuke is getting to be this real...pain. And it's not what he does that bothers me, it's the fact that he seems to lack conviction. It's like he is not good enough to be the good guy, but he is not bad enough to be the villain. He is not an anti-hero either because he does things regardless if it has benefits to him. He a constant flux between good and bad. So what is he? You could argue he is a vigilante, but even then he doesn't follow certain criteria.

This is why I mention that it is the reason why we need those truly evil villains, because these guys have conviction and are committed to their role. Some say this is not realistic, I say it draws the line. And right now, we need some lines drawn, otherwise Sasuke has no role. People say Hinata is pointless, I could argue and say Sasuke has become the same. At least Hinata has conviction in her love for Naruto. Sasuke doesn't know whether he wants to work alone or be a team. Whether he wants to avenge Itachi or hate him.

Dovahkiin, you say what is happening is cliche and fair enough it can be, but I can think of worse things being written that would make this chapter read like Shakespeare.
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#40 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:22 AM

i cant agree with u
but i think
Sasuke will learn "FUS RO DAH" another hidden tecqnique of the uchiha clan against naruto
SK-303_image007.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users