Still the most faithful adaptation of Sonic too me:

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#23 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,861 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Jun 13 2011, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some of the old WWII ones are really bad. Popeye turned out to be such a racist. Yikes.

But have you watched some of the Censored 11 cartoons? I remembered (actually I have the tape of some of them on VHS) seeing some including All This and Rabbit Stew. A couple of months ago, I viewed "Coal Black" with a couple of friends and we had a laugh, even though it was PRETTY bad.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#24 NarutoThePromiseKeeper

NarutoThePromiseKeeper

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:RAMEN! video games, movies, anime, Naruto, NaruSaku, Drawing, Art, Manga, Animal Lover, Fan fic writing.

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:53 AM

Oh man I used to watch a HEAP of the old classic cartoons when I was younger; I remember racing home everyday after school just to watch Captain Planet, Pokemon, Sailor Moon, The Animals Of Farthing Wood, heaps and heaps! Farthing Wood was one of my favorites too, but it was such a ruthless cartoon in spots. A lot of the characters were killed, I can remember so many times that I cried over that cartoon when I was younger. I think it was defiantly a classic shown in the 90s! Although Weasel kind of annoyed me xDD

#25 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:29 AM

This is kinda my thing. I consider myself spoiled when it comes to the tv viewing I had as a kid, especially in comparison to what is on now. Although I have to atrribute it to bias and the fact that people are always going to think their childhood was better than the current generations.

As a toddler I watched early nick jr., back when they had a talking face hosting the block. Shows like Eurekas castle, gullah gullah island, of course sesame street, about everything up until blues clues when I got too old for that stuff.

Cartoons, Rugrats was my favorite for years. Doug, Ren and Stimpy, Rockos modern life... Then some newer toons like hey arnold, cat dog, angry beavers. And Invader Zim before the internet ruined it for me as it has now. To many kids that just talk about Gir (not Zim)and the random stuff he said. It was funny when he would say it. But not when they type it up and then putting a million XDDDDDD behind it. The creator himself got sick and tired of those fans. But now im getting off track

Spiderman, Batman, X-men TAS. were my favorite action cartoons. I actually learned more about superheroes form the shows and then gort the comics when I was a teenager.

And loved comedy sitcoms and sketch shows. Fresh Prince of Bel Air. To this day, I will randomnly break out " INNNNNNN WEST PHILADELPHIA, BORN AND RAISED. All that, the first couple of seasons were great. SNL launched a lot of great comedians into stardom. In living color was another one, Martin one f my favorites, and I still check to see when its on to watch it.

Full House, Boy Meets World, Pete and Pete, Salute your shorts.

And MTV when they were actually about the music. Internet ruined it. I used to have watch TRL to see new videos.

I remember watching DBZ before it was on Cartoon Network. It only when up to Goku fighting the ginyu force on namek, but it was my first anime and I was completely enamored with it, the action was incredible. I don't think I would have ever gotten into anime had I not see DBZ first. Then Toonami got it, sailor moon, Outlaw Star, Tenchi Muyo. I watched it all, every time I got home from school and was hooked. Then Adult Swim had Yuyu Hakusho, Cowboy Bebop, Gundam. They used to show nothing but Anime on saturday nights and it was awesome. The growing popularity of the internet affected it as well, you could see the shows in the native japanese, or spoil yourself silly.
\

#26 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:00 AM

Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Full House

OMG, how could I forget those classics?? (Full House came out WAYY before I was born, I watched reruns of it) I also remember the Proud Family (God, Oscar's hilarious!!!XDXDXD)

Hey Arnold was awesome as hell. I liked Arnold's modesty the most. On Teletoon, What About Mimi, and What's with Andy was great.

And last but not least, Animes: Gundam Wing and DBZ. Gundam Wing was the very anime that got me interested in (I only found out that it was anime after I followed it) more anime.

Digimon and Pokemon too.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#27 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:07 AM

I remember watching Soul Train every saturday after cartoons.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#28 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,861 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:14 AM

QUOTE (The Notorious L.I.D. @ Jun 14 2011, 01:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I remember watching Soul Train every saturday after cartoons.

Same here! 111191.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

#29 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:21 AM

Anyone remember animaniacs and their sexual innuendos?

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#30 Uzumaki Naruto

Uzumaki Naruto

Hokage

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:12 AM

Out of curiosity did anyone ever watch Rocket Power?

#31 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:22 PM

Ever go online or just one day a show from your childhood just pops back into your head? I've been getting back to old shows that I used to love and watched like a madman when I was a kid.

Constantly. I have very good memories of cartoons and shows I watched back in the eighties and nineties, even if I hardly remember anything about some of them. Often I look for them -or older shows- online.

Western cartoons: Loony Toons, Tiny Toons, Disney cartoons, Popeye, Transformers, Thunderhawks, Dinosaucers, Dino Riders, He-Man, Ninja Turtles, G. I. Joe, The World of David the Gnome (a Spanish cartoon), Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs (I learnt years later it was a dub of a Japanese mecha anime called Star Musketeer Bismarck), The Mighty Orbots, Captain Planet (Heh. I used to love it, but now it come across like real corny to me), Silver Hawks, The Real Ghostbusters, Spider-Man, X-Men, Batman...

And The Simpsons. You can't forget about The Simpsons.

Japanese Anime: Mazinger-Z, Battle of the Planets, Astro Ganger, La Petite Olympe (A comedy featuring the daughter of Apollo and the messes she caused on Olympus and on Earth. The original name was Ochamegami Monogatari Korokoro Poron), Alps no Shojo Heidi, Candy Candy, Maya the Bee, Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds, Shonen Ninja Sasuke, Future Boy Conan, Captain Harlock, Saint Seiya, Dragon Ball, Captain Tsubasa, Dragon Quest, Tetsujin-28 go, Creamy Mami, Touch, Princess Knight, Attacker You, Attacker Number One, Lupin III, Kimagure Orange Road, City Hunter, Ronin Warriors, Ranma 1/2, Urusei Yatsura, Sailor Moon, Great Mazinger, Grendizer, Samurai Pizza Cats, Zillion, Slayers, Marmalade Boy, Pokemon, Digimon... Better I stop now...

I also watched American shows but I barely remember any: like Fresh-Prince (maybe my favorite sitcom ever), Family Matters, Full House, Growing Pains (and its spin-off: Just The Ten Of Us), Step by Step... And action shows such like V, Knight Rider or The A-Team. Some tokusatsu shows were aired where I live, but they few: Liveman, Jetman, Jiban, Ultraman...

Edited by Jenskott, 14 June 2011 - 12:49 PM.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#32 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (Fliss @ Jun 13 2011, 02:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sailor Moon cool.gif First anime I ever watched. I remember freaking loving it and renting it whenever possible even though I didn't understand anything that was going on in that show ahaha

Same here. Kinda funny I passed over DBZ over Sailor Moon.

Dic's dub of the first 2 seasons were good IMO. Sailor Moon S onward, were meh. Of course, watching the uncut Japanese version is much better. biggrin.gif

#33 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jun 14 2011, 12:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Two words Looney Tunes. cool.gif

Yup xD they did not screwed that one up, i was afraid they would, but they didn't. Instead they brought back the original voice of Bugs and Daffy from the old show.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#34 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jun 14 2011, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Same here! 111191.gif

Nice, it was always great to hear this theme song

Edited by The Notorious L.I.D., 14 June 2011 - 07:39 PM.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#35 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:44 PM

The first anime I watched was Robotech as a kid.

It makes me feel really old, but I watched Transformers (the original), Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers, The Snorkels, Smurfs, Dino Riders, Saber Rider, He-man, She-rah

The live action stuff I remember Small Wonder, Mork and Mindy, Growing Pains, Air Wolf, and Knight Rider (That's right, I watched the Hoff)

#36 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,861 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (Chivalrysae @ Jun 14 2011, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The first anime I watched was Robotech as a kid.

It makes me feel really old, but I watched Transformers (the original), Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers, The Snorkels, Smurfs, Dino Riders, Saber Rider, He-man, She-rah

The live action stuff I remember Small Wonder, Mork and Mindy, Growing Pains, Air Wolf, and Knight Rider (That's right, I watched the Hoff)

Funny, I'm still watching both He-Man and She-Ra on my digital TV. It comes on around midnight and 1 am back-to-back on this channel call Qubo (which is a pre-school to age 11 channel).

latest?cb=20140126021943

#37 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jun 13 2011, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But have you watched some of the Censored 11 cartoons? I remembered (actually I have the tape of some of them on VHS) seeing some including All This and Rabbit Stew. A couple of months ago, I viewed "Coal Black" with a couple of friends and we had a laugh, even though it was PRETTY bad.

No, just the banned WWII ones. Most of the ones I saw were WWII propaganda, like Daffy building a scrap pile and fighting Hitler over it. Not completely horrible (at least the ones I saw), but not really relevant anymore either and most kids wouldn't get it. Except that Popeye cartoon.... where he uses racial slurs against the Japanese (and rather racist caricatures) and has a very unkind reference to blacks. It was really bad.

#38 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:07 AM

Even after all these years, I still think this tv show is awesome despite the cheesiness of it, it did teach me a lot of life lessons though like self respect, courage, friendship, and helping others out:

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#39 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,861 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Jun 14 2011, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, just the banned WWII ones. Most of the ones I saw were WWII propaganda, like Daffy building a scrap pile and fighting Hitler over it. Not completely horrible (at least the ones I saw), but not really relevant anymore either and most kids wouldn't get it. Except that Popeye cartoon.... where he uses racial slurs against the Japanese (and rather racist caricatures) and has a very unkind reference to blacks. It was really bad.

Oh yes, I remembered that Daffy cartoon. (or was that a different one? All I remember about cartoon that involved Daffy and the Nazis was the ending when Hitler was preaching, Daffy came and hit him) That was included in my VHS tape too.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#40 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jun 14 2011, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh yes, I remembered that Daffy cartoon. (or was that a different one? All I remember about cartoon that involved Daffy and the Nazis was the ending when Hitler was preaching, Daffy came and hit him) That was included in my VHS tape too.

Yeah, that's the one. I think Hitler was also trying to destroy Daffy's huge scrap pile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users