62 replies to this topic

#21 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:45 AM

Like I said, public face is being hunted, that's what we know, but there is a definite coalition now; more cyberattacks on the site along with a manhunt. You can fight the power, but Assange's methods are not smart as they are trying to be bold. Action only begets action while what is released will be read the way it is being released is what will get them. And calling for the resignation of Hilary Clinton for telling diplomats to be diplomats is laughable.

He seeks to be a world changer, that doesn't make him a hero. He's leaked the intentions of major Arabic Governments, he's leaked secrets of China, he's threatening to the revelation of corrupt nations and Russia. Who is run by a former KGB agent. He's embarrassed both Europe and the United States. Even though most of the stuff revealed you can say 'No S#$@ Sherlock.'

Be as ideal as you want but when you piss off all five major nations on the UN Security Council to agree that you're a threat, you're pretty much a dead man.

Edited by Insurrection, 01 December 2010 - 04:07 AM.

#22 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Mostly drawing, playing games and watching anime. Normal things, I think.

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:58 AM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Dec 1 2010, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Be as ideal as you want but when you piss off all five major nations on the UN Security Council to agree that you're a threat, you're pretty much a dead man.

Whoa bro, you took the words out of my mouth.

why yes. that is my adorable sister hugging a dakimura. got a problem?

#23 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:39 AM

So...its Bank of America that is apparently going to go down then?

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#24 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:39 AM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Nov 30 2010, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like I said, public face is being hunted, that's what we know, but there is a definite coalition now; more cyberattacks on the site along with a manhunt. You can fight the power, but Assange's methods are not smart as they are trying to be bold. Action only begets action while what is released will be read the way it is being released is what will get them. And calling for the resignation of Hilary Clinton for telling diplomats to be diplomats is laughable.

He seeks to be a world changer, that doesn't make him a hero. He's leaked the intentions of major Arabic Governments, he's leaked secrets of China, he's threatening to the revelation of corrupt nations and Russia. Who is run by a former KGB agent. He's embarrassed both Europe and the United States. Even though most of the stuff revealed you can say 'No S#$@ Sherlock.'

No kidding. What he plans to release against the Russians is supposed to demonstrate wide spread corruption. Really? Massive corruption in the Kremlin...who'd have thought? The US will try to prosecute and jail him if they can find him. The Russians, they'll just try to have him killed.

Raphael Correa of Equador has offered him residency. Haha... If he's the man of principle he portrays himself (not that I think he is) as he'll decline asylum from a dictator like Correa.

#25 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:43 AM

And the world comes to an abrupt end. Poor Obama, his presidency was over before it even started...srsly ><

http://www.benzinga....eps-on-dropping

So Wikileaks now has the power to destroy the US economy...and the government is doing more an more to censor information.

Edited by Strangelove, 01 December 2010 - 04:46 AM.

#26 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:29 AM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Nov 30 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And the world comes to an abrupt end. Poor Obama, his presidency was over before it even started...srsly ><

http://www.benzinga....eps-on-dropping

So Wikileaks now has the power to destroy the US economy...and the government is doing more an more to censor information.

The economy? No. Possibly a shake up? Maybe. Something new? No.

They haven't released everything, nearly any of it, and they won't get the chance to either. The existence of Wikileaks and its methods is at the moment a wild card. No true reaction, except the new form of Cyberwar. DoD is running offense, probably a few meetings of fumigation strategy. Governments will target the two parts of Wikileaks, the site itself and the wallet.

All it takes is one hacker to have the ability to trace financial transactions.

And Putin just said that the Wikileaks leak was not a big deal to Larry King, that's not good.

Edited by Insurrection, 01 December 2010 - 06:40 AM.

#27 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:04 PM

They are finally tracking down Assange for arrest...though not for charges related to WikiLeaks...but for rape and molestation charges huh.gif

http://news.yahoo.co..._20101201113324

#28 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:36 PM

Yeah they've investigated that previous to this though however there had to be added pressure.

Also Amazon? Really?

Edited by Insurrection, 01 December 2010 - 09:37 PM.

#29 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:22 PM

If the rape charges convict him and he avoids jail for treason, I'll take it as long as he goes for prison for his idiocy.

#30 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:37 PM

Site is under serious attack and the media which was a tool is hampering them because they've changed domains and the blog Huffpost keeps saying it's down here, you can get on here. It's like the manga scantilations except there is a megaphone yelling, "OVER HERE I FOUND IT!!!" And the entire neighborhood has been bugged.

Guess what Wikileaks you've been WikiHacked!

Edited by Insurrection, 03 December 2010 - 06:57 PM.

#31 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:00 PM

Well, this is a surprise. According to the BBC, Julian Assange is hiding here in the UK!

The Swedish police have now issued an extradition warrant to UK police, so far there hasn't been any confirmed arrest. That could change tonight or tomorrow, we'll see. It sounds like the police might know where Assange is staying.

#32 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:32 PM

Just to clarify the law for those wanting him arrested for treason. He cant be. hes not a citizen of the United States and therefore cannont be charged with treason.

At absolute worst they might be able to get him for espionage. At best receiving stolen property. Both are iffy at best because of the nature of whistleblowing.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#33 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:36 PM

No, but you have Private Manning, Assange is under different circumstances. It doesn't matter if the case is iffy or not the fact of the matter is that he won't be allowed to continue.

http://www.cnn.com/2...dex.html?hpt=T1 He put too much drama into the creation of a single place for information. That's what will get him.

The Government denies involvement in trying to destroy Wikileaks is bullcrap but they have to say it. It's them and other countries' cyber divisions with a few "idealistic" citizens with another particular interest than Mr. Assange.

#34 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:22 PM

I dont think he really put so much drama into the creation of a single place as the problem. For me, its the issue of the fact that instead of whistle blowing on things that have actual real implications, hes pretty much Spray and praying.

Hes basically taking all the dirt he can dig up and instead of using it to indict those who actually did something wrong. hes bascially taking the whole bucket of fecal matter and flinging it at the air moving device.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#35 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 02:12 AM

This is really a strange time. Now apparently a new law by world governments has been issued. Truth, is Treason.

#36 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 02:38 AM

Just to clarify the law for those wanting him arrested for treason. He cant be. hes not a citizen of the United States and therefore cannont be charged with treason.

At absolute worst they might be able to get him for espionage. At best receiving stolen property. Both are iffy at best because of the nature of whistleblowing.

That's not even getting into all the fun jurisdictional issues involved. If he "received stolen property?" Where did he receive it? In most criminal prosecutions within this country jurisdiction is an element of the offense. I know in on-line cases you usually can use the location of the victim or defendant, but if such is available then it's still not clear. Moreover, for a court to here a case it must have jurisdiction or it has no authority to act. I know constitutional issues of free speech may or may not come into play. With him being being a foreign national who isn't in this country and wasn't when he received the information and disseminated it would he even be entitled to those protections?

Bradley Manning is in a heap of trouble for illegally obtaining it, but how they punish Assange for merely making it available when the NY Times, Guardian, and Der Speigel did the same is less clear. Why would he be liable under the Espionage Act if they are not as well, especially if the crime is the publication of the information?

Traditional criminal prosecution is probably not the best way to handle this.

Or the may be like Al Capone who went to the pen for tax evasion. Assange may go down, but because of the unrelated Sexual Assault charge.

#37 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 03:01 AM

Spot on Nate. Spot on. Like I said earlier the information that was released cant even trully be said to fall under national secruity. the majority of what was released were actualy memcons (memo of conversations) most of them would eventually be released anyways in 20-30 years.

The state departments current list is up to 1970ish or so of releases.

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Catsis Fan Fiction

#38 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:04 AM

I always knew it was Catsi all along.

hm.png
pictureem0.gif

Edited by Dreamer, 04 December 2010 - 04:06 AM.

#39 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:09 AM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Dec 3 2010, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is really a strange time. Now apparently a new law by world governments has been issued. Truth, is Treason.

Information that threatens the lives of our troops and the moral of our already weak-minded citizenry is no truth that I would consider to be non-treason. If you're going to undermine the war-effort, fine, but don't start crying when the war-hawks, the justicers and the old-timer's fight back at you. We will not allow for any further delays in the wars, since they could've been over in practically two years but since we were giving all the peace-lovers a chance and not carpet-bombing the first country-side that we saw was producing more than an ample supply of assault-rifle fire.

#40 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:10 AM

and I wouldve gotten away with it if it werent for you meddling kids tongue.gif

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Catsis Fan Fiction

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users