230 replies to this topic

#21 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:17 PM

Kishi whats with all the plot holes? Seriously, this chapter was way too rushed, that fight was a joke and Sasuke meeting Karin in the forest of death just doesn't make sense. This chapter was really weak especially for Kishimoto.

I'm not saying this because Sakura wants to join Sasuke but because Kishi did some floppy writing there : (

#22 keelgun

keelgun

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:FANFICTION!!! haha<br />Lots o' Anime<br />Video Games, especially Kingdom Hearts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (Evil Potato @ Feb 10 2010, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sasuke meeting Karin in the forest of death just doesn't make sense.

Yea I was thinking about that too. Maybe i just can't remember but was there ever a time that Sasuke wasn't with Naruto and Sakura in the forest of death?
A family that raids together stays together.

#23 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:28 PM

yeah, when he went to get water, i just don't see Sasuke being kind and smiling like that, he was always serious you know

#24 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:29 PM

Wait a minute...if Karin have a flashback ( and it was crappy and a waste of panel, if I may say so) does that mean that she'll die (like every villains that have flashback)? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (I'm kidding:P)

I just hope not, I may not like her that much but still, she could be a useful source of information.

QUOTE (Evil Potato @ Feb 10 2010, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah, when he went to get water, i just don't see Sasuke being kind and smiling like that, he was always serious you know

He did smile, it just wasn't has noticed as his blank face that all wink.gif

Edited by silverserenity, 10 February 2010 - 08:43 PM.

#25 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:36 PM

If Sakura's not serious and she's only luring Sasuke in a trap then well played Sakura well played.

If she is serious though....

kitten YOU KISHI, kitten YOU.

uc.png

#26 firegirl

firegirl

im a ghost

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Interests:narusaku, politics, debating, wrtiting art

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:36 PM

this is somehing i been thinking of will sakura PULL a RUKIA

i mean think about it naruto and kakashi are fighting sasuke and then all of a sudden she stops naruto and kakashi then she threaten them that they will not go after her and that she will go with him because she chose to and naruto will see her face and her tears

WOW SHE REALLY MIGHT DO THAT

kishi is taking ideas from kubo

Edited by firegirl, 10 February 2010 - 08:38 PM.

#27 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:38 PM

in regards to the flashback that was more of a set up flashback then a full on memory run like Danzo had.

theres two types usualy. one is what Karin had which is referred to usualy as a set up flashback. its usualy a quick and concise memory shown to illustrate a point or set up a scene. an example would be when Kakashi was remembering how he used to make Sakura faint and trick naruto so easilly during their second bell test.

the second type is one that all but, but doesnt quite guarantee a character death. usualy because it proceeds said death. The character will go through an extended flashback of memories showing how they came to where they are in the current time such as Danzos or Zabuzas.

this is the tendancy and a common tool for most anime/manga writers.

Karins was consistent with a set up flashback a quicky reminder of how Karin met sasuke and why she may feel like she does. In context she more than likely will survive the encounter and this will lay a basis for future interactions with Sasuke and Karin.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#28 Chesh

Chesh

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:43 PM

I cant see any action regarding Sasuke Sakura Naruto and Kakashi well no fighting anyway.

Sasuke is beat and if Sakura doesnt try to kill him now she never will
I'm making perfect sense your just not keeping up

#29 Guest_SS3 Goku_*

Guest_SS3 Goku_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:44 PM

not worred i already exspected it to be real

sakura wanted to help naruto 1. she loves him 2.sakura will not betray konaha or friends3. it gose development 4.kish said she would get more harowin from her this is the perfict chance. 5. kish wants money by keeping fandoms in.

i have no dought sakura is playing him

#30 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:45 PM

The chapter was much better than the spoilers. Loved the scene of Sakura looking across at Sasuke over the destroyed bridge. Almost like Sasuke's destroyed his bridges to Sakura and Konoha.

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Feb 10 2010, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Karin lives YAY!!

and to those naysaying her as a bad ninja or one that sucks DID YOU SEE THE SIZE OF THAT FREAKING BEAR???? its big as a house.

No wonder she fell for him. he saved her life and that means SasuKarin just got a boost. they did know each other prior to Sasukes defection and that means he very well may have spoken to her prior to the prelims and finals.

it also gives credence to the notion of him havng chosen her when he arrived at orochimarus. if he knew her and knew her abiltiies which he may have seen grow over the years in sound.

So in closing so far so good. things seem to be right on track.

My problem with her is that it doesn't seem like she could take the bear now. Besides her chakra-sensing ability and instant sado-macho healing abilities we haven't seen anything that shows that she can fight. She didn't fight in the Killer B fight and the only person she hits is Suigetsu, but that's because he lets her. She plays the damsel-in-distress role well and doesn't seem to have any reason or desire to grow stronger (a la Sakura). Just on a personal level, that annoys me. Also, she sort of seems like the type of person Sakura could have been if she didn't decide to grow as a kunoichi. But she's not dead so I haven't written her off yet. Who knows? Maybe if she survives the next few chapters, she might be influenced or gain the desire to grow stronger as a kunoichi rather than relying on her chakra-sensing abilities alone.

QUOTE (Evil Potato @ Feb 10 2010, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't really see it as a smile-smile, but more of a "ha ha ha I'm better than you and you suck" sort of smile. But I agree that the timeline is a little wonky. Guess it's going to be one of those things that we'll just have to sort of overlook. Kind of like how the Kakashi-gaiden arc events all happened "10 years ago" rolleyes.gif

Regarding Madara's plans: Well, I guess I know what he did with Itachi's body. I wonder if he needs all of those Sharingan to help him in the Moon-Eye plan. Also, I wonder if Madara's own eye is among the collection. Now I worry about Kakashi. Oh Kakashi! Be careful! sad.gif
End of line.

#31 Prime

Prime

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Feb 10 2010, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
in regards to the flashback that was more of a set up flashback then a full on memory run like Danzo had.

theres two types usualy. one is what Karin had which is referred to usualy as a set up flashback. its usualy a quick and concise memory shown to illustrate a point or set up a scene. an example would be when Kakashi was remembering how he used to make Sakura faint and trick naruto so easilly during their second bell test.

the second type is one that all but, but doesnt quite guarantee a character death. usualy because it proceeds said death. The character will go through an extended flashback of memories showing how they came to where they are in the current time such as Danzos or Zabuzas.

this is the tendancy and a common tool for most anime/manga writers.

Karins was consistent with a set up flashback a quicky reminder of how Karin met sasuke and why she may feel like she does. In context she more than likely will survive the encounter and this will lay a basis for future interactions with Sasuke and Karin.

It's hard to judge she is one of the people in the manga that really does not have any memory to flash back to. After all both Sasuke's do say "see ya" or whatever. Also one person says "OMG PLOT HOLE!!" now 10 other people say it. I don't think people understand that you have to take into consideration that there are many things going on that you just have to make an assumption on and it will eventually all come together. Expecially considering this manga has an insane amount of people in it. We basically know nothing about Sakura's past or family so if you want to call anything a plot hole it would have to be that.

I'm sort of in the middle about Karin I don't really want her to die but there has not been much of her around to begin with anyways. Also like people said before if you want to prove just how evil he is then Sasuke has to attack her and she has to stay dead. But then he gets redeemed a bit and we get to see him saving her. Also why do people keep saying "She's so weak!!!" well yea she is obviously not a fighter and was never picked for her fighting ability so why do people act so suprised?

#32 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:55 PM

Okay, what the hell is with all of the plot holes lately? First of all, Sasuke didn't learn the Shishi Rendan until the Chuunin Exam Preliminary. Second of all, the only time Sasuke could have beaten that bear was when he went to get water, but at that time he had already had the Cursed Seal placed on him, which screwed him up so badly that just channeling chakra hurt him. Third, that bear was at least mid-boss sized. There is no f***ing way that Sasuke, pre Chidori training, beat it with one kick.

Sakura's plan is stupid, and the reasoning behind it is stupider. This is character derailment the likes of which I have never seen before. Masashi Kishimoto is no longer trying. Is her "defection" real? No. Of course not. To think it is is just wishful thinking on the parts of Anti-Sakura and Pro Sasuke/Sakura fans. As well, this is Sleepy Fans, remember? They suck. Badly. The real line is probably something along the lines of "I'm going with you this time, Sasuke-kun." I think Sakura is planning to use a double-suicide jutsu, ala Anko back in the Forest of Death. In other words, she's about to cause Naruto more pain than he's ever felt before. This is growth?! Bull. kitten.

#33 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:59 PM

Kishi did say he will try to make Sakura more heroic...i guess is time to put his money where his mouth is.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#34 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:02 PM

I came, I saw, I lul'd. Kishimoto is probably one of the best trolls I have ever seen. [Third only to me and Yakatsu]

#35 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:03 PM

Lol I thought something that was funny was how Naruto pulled a fast one on Yamato; now he's going to Kakashi. And also Sakura pulling a fast one out on the guys.

I'm absolutely not worried for NaruSaku though, its 100% obvious shes lying. Though, I think she made it a little too obvious the way she just screamed it ou there like that. Sasuke isn't that stupid.

Another thing i'm happpy about, Sasuke is losing his light; and fast.

[SPOILER... I think]
Sasuke is losing his light, and fast; I actually think that Sasuke and Madara are going to fight for the last Sharingan. That'd be pretty epic ;D last Uchiha vs Uchiha. Hope they both die! Sorry.

#36 Myth

Myth

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:18 PM

can somebody tell me what the kitten is going on ??
ım leaving konoha and goin with saske ?

now how could she be the heroine like that ı dont know what is next kishi is always surprising.
ı will wait for a while hope kakashi and naruto will arrive just in time

ım very disappointed now :S
İn order to survive,we cling to all we know and understand and we label it reality but knowledge and understanding are ambiguous that reality could be an illusion, all humans live with the wrong assumptions isnt that another way of looking at it.

UCHİHA İTACHİ.

#37 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:19 PM

very nice, very nice. got to see everyone.

So was the setting of Karin's flashback the chunnin exams, during the forest/scroll section?

ooh and i bet the crazy huge wall behind Madara was a bunch of little drawers filled with sharingan eyeballs!!!

So i am wondering if sasuke will accept Sakura's...request, or if he will deny it immediately and its only purpose was to end this weeks chapter with a bang...

...Sakura is so hot...

#38 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:32 PM

The flashback in the forest of death is really irrelevant, since it doesn't have much to do with what is going on right now, so I don't see why it's a big deal to get upset about that. Heck, I'm still wondering when and where Naruto taught Konohamaru the Rasengan. And many writers who do regular series of some sort often forget small details from previous stories and add in something that contradicts it.

As for Sasuke not taking in Sakura, actually, he might: As Madara says, Sasuke's vision is fading quickly, and his own healer may be dead (by his own hand, no less). Sakura is not only a medic, but she's been trained by the ULTIMATE medic-nin in the known Naruto world. She might be able to convince Sasuke that she can fix his vision so he can use Magenkyo as many times as he wants. On top of that, unlike Karin, we KNOW she can fight. So, as a pawn/tool, that just might appeal to Sasuke.

#39 Shourai

Shourai

Young Esperantist

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (jworks @ Feb 10 2010, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
very nice, very nice. got to see everyone.

So was the setting of Karin's flashback the chunnin exams, during the forest/scroll section?

ooh and i bet the crazy huge wall behind Madara was a bunch of little drawers filled with sharingan eyeballs!!!

So i am wondering if sasuke will accept Sakura's...request, or if he will deny it immediately and its only purpose was to end this weeks chapter with a bang...

...Sakura is so hot...

I'm hoping he will and then she'll pull a fast one when he least expects it. Total pwnage. XDDD

That was so... random. laugh.gif

#40 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,845 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:39 PM

I'm still keeping my piece! kruemelmonsteryn0.gif fu.png

(though I'm getting this funny feeling about the next chapters are not going to be pretty)

and woah, big wall of file cabinets... That must be destroyed!!! rawr.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users