Close
Photo

First impressions on characters in the anime.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

#21 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:45 PM

My first impression? Well I wasn't going to do this thread but since Nate posted ¬_¬

What does my posting have to do with it?

#22 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Nov 22 2011, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What does my posting have to do with it?

Perhaps because this is an rather touchy subject to comment about, and the mods could come in guns blazing any time, but since you, an mod, posted, it must mean we can talk all we want without much worries.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#23 Thomas

Thomas

Chakra Water Walker

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:04 PM

first impressions:

Naruto: A imature/stupid child

Sakura: a stupid fangirl ( useless)in classic

Sasuke: A popular boy with a existencial crisis

Iruka; Useless

Kakashi: A ninja that copy more than 1000jutsus and only uses 4-5 (he use the same jutsus)

Sandaime: he did the most useful thing in the anime ( he died).

hinata,neji,kiba,lee,...->useless

#24 LegendaryArcanine42

LegendaryArcanine42

'TIS LEGENDARY BRO!!!

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Music<br />Anime/Manga<br />Storywriting<br />Songwriting<br />Kicking butt and taking names! &gt;:D

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Nov 22 2011, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Perhaps because this is an rather touchy subject to comment about, and the mods could come in guns blazing any time, but since you, an mod, posted, it must mean we can talk all we want without much worries.

Bingo ^.^

I've been rubbing off everyone the wrong way, so I just had to make sure I was doing the right thing tongue.gif

#25 The Tax-Man

The Tax-Man

Sapien Chronologia

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:51 AM

Naruto: A typical Shonen hero. No surprise there. But I guess I really liked him for his pranks, rebellious attitude and obviously the whole Kyubi thing. And the Yondaime rumors. fu.png Except he seemed way cooler than most other Shonen heroes I'd seen before. (Ranma was an exception for me.)

Sasuke: A RIVAL. Again, obvious... (except he has a more tragic story) He just felt cool and collected. Especially after the third chapter. Of course, I must compare to DB. He's a cooler and backwards version of Vegeta.

Sakura: She is again... a TSUNDERE WHO CRUSHES ON THE RIVAL AND DESPISES THE PROTAGONIST- *Le Gasp* - Who would've thought?! argh1.png [/sarcasm] Seriously though, I saw Sakura in a different light, mostly because of the straight up introduction of Ino. And she was most akin to what a spoiled and self-conscious 12-yr old would be like. And I liked that since she was the most human character despite being a cliche.

Kakashi: The second character that grabbed my interest. Not just the *EPICNINJAMASKAHAHAHA* thing, but the whole ystery and lateness. Perverted novels only help.

Iruka: Nice guy.

Third Hokage: Authority loving old man annoyed by annoying kids.

Edited by The Tax-Man, 23 November 2011 - 04:53 AM.

naruto.gif

1. "This is worthless NONSENSE."
2. "This is an interesting, but perverse, point of view..."
3. "True, but quite unimportant."
4. "I ALWAYS SAID SO!"

#26 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Nov 20 2011, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Was there anyone else who got this reference besides me?

I guess not sweat.gif I'm glad at least one person got it, though laugh.gif

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#27 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:10 PM

My first impression? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. smile.gif Or at least I forgot what they were, didn't think about it too much cause I was busy enjoying it and anxiously anticipating NS. yes.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 27 November 2011 - 05:44 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#28 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:17 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Nov 24 2011, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess not sweat.gif I'm glad at least one person got it, though laugh.gif

Do you mean this?

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#29 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE (alexander @ Nov 24 2011, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you mean this?

111189.gif Yes, except the original version of that.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 25 November 2011 - 01:53 AM.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#30 Thomas

Thomas

Chakra Water Walker

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (Konan-chan @ Nov 21 2011, 06:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nah. More like a (and still is) a Sasuke fan.

i dont like sasuke he is a CHEATER!!!
and he powers comes from nowhere , he does not train or do something his powers come from the sky like a gift.

#31 redkunai66

redkunai66

chopstick stilts

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:59 PM

bit late to the party but here we go!
I can't remeber my exact first impressions but from what i remeber.

naruto-
i got into the story because it started with 9 tail fox- so as soon as you learned naruto was the nine tailed fox- i was interested.
as for his character- he was silly and amusing- i don't know why it is people say he was irritating (was it the 'belive it'? cause i read the manga 1st- and its not nearly as irritating to read a character repeating a line v.s. hearing it)- when i was younger i liked that naruto was so banal about achieving his dreams and that he was the underdog.

sasuke-
was irritatingly pretentious and really serious- but was okayish- unfortunatly when he put a hole through naruto's chest- and after every other konoha rookie efforts and sacrifices against the sound 4.
it just got me to hate him as a person for throwing konoha and naruto away like that. Sasuke didn't deserve that kind of devotion and sacrifice- that was my opinion at the time- it still kind of is.

Sakura-
hmmm- i don't even remeber what i thought of her when i first read about her, I just know that during the forest of death where she cut off her hair- that was when i started caring about her character. Its the ealiest memory i have of her character, mainly because she was doing something- i don't really remember if her actions and personality before than left an impression on me or not

kakashi-
one cool mo-fo- didn't hate him or love him- he was mildly amusing and interesting, felt bad for him and obito during kakashi gaiden.

Iruka- that annoying teacher that nags and detentions you because they really care about you. him saving naruto was really sweet. it was warm fuzzies all over

Old man hokage- grumpy grandpa type- the ones you irritate on purpose because its funny but also because they can take it.
----

interestingly enough- i actually hate sasuke less now and find his behaviour less irritating- when he goes all evil, i just lulz, he must feel good to finally be all psycho. his vengance thrall stupifys him so much its funny now. (not that he wasn't stupid before)

Naruto- i like his character less surpisingly- even though he hasn't really changed- i guess i like him less because of how hell bent he is on defeating sasuke, i liked it better when he was aiming to beat sasuke than save sasuke- its more emoy and slashy now :/.

sakura- ohh sakura- i feel sorry for her- her hearts in the right place- she always tries- but nothing ever seems to go right for her. I want her to be happy with her life- whatever that means for her- with Naruto most likely. and I also want to see her and ino do a three way with naruto- but thats not gonna happen =.=

#32 Thomas

Thomas

Chakra Water Walker

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (redkunai66 @ Nov 25 2011, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sakura- ohh sakura- i feel sorry for her- her hearts in the right place- she always tries- but nothing ever seems to go right for her. I want her to be happy with her life- whatever that means for her- with Naruto most likely. and I also want to see her and ino do a three way with naruto- but thats not gonna happen =.=

lol a girl talking about three ways :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O

Edited by Thomas Narusaku, 25 November 2011 - 02:25 PM.

#33 LegendaryArcanine42

LegendaryArcanine42

'TIS LEGENDARY BRO!!!

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Music<br />Anime/Manga<br />Storywriting<br />Songwriting<br />Kicking butt and taking names! &gt;:D

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE (redkunai66 @ Nov 25 2011, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't see why a Harem couldn't happen? It happened in Omamori Himari and everyone was happy biggrin.gif

But Hinata stays with Kiba and I'm happy :3

#34 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:46 PM

That might encourage polygamy in western kids. just saying

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#35 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 12:39 AM

First impressions.

Naruto: Loud, Japanese Manga's version of Harry Potter, thus making him my favourite Manga charactor.

Sasuke: Annoying, with a few redeeming qualities, possably gay and in love with main charactor, wasn't 100% sure.

Sakura: Annoying, a complete b*tch for what she said about Naruto to Sasuke near the bench, but quickly grew on me during the bell test, and couldn't imagine Naruto with anyone else.

Kakashi: Lazy, arrogant, useless teacher who didn't teach his student properly. (I still don't know if Sakura learnt anything from him apart from Tree Walking, which she got on her first attempt.) And after seeing first battle, he claims to have a 1000 jutsu's yet he used the Sharingan knowing the drawbacks, not the sharpest tool in the box.

Haku: That is a girl, I refuse to believe otherwise.

Zabuza: Dangerous and what a stupid choice of weapon, just use a lighter sword, you'd have more freedom of movement, and be more effective.

Hinata: OK someone with strange eyes likes Naruto, we have our comedy relief.

Lee: Um....strong and love child of his Sensie, and ofcourse, oh look a blatant rip-off of Bruce Lee, another comic relief tool.

Neji...oh look a even more emo version of Sasuke.

TenTen: Girl your opponant has a massive fan on her back, yet you insist on throwing weapons at her, the only thing sharp here is your weapons.

Ino: A bigger fangirl than Sakura, only much more annoying.

Kiba: Arrogant loud and annoying, somebody have him nuted, he's a bigger git than Sasuke.

Shino: Clever if not creepy.

Kabuto: This guy is working for the enemy.

Anko: she's creepy, and hot I like her hope she gets more screen time...boy was I dissapointed.

Jiraiya: Hentai alert, not a very good teacher, seriously who throws a kid off a cliff just to get him to use the Fox Chakra?

Gaara: Strong, and cool, was definitely the main enemy for Naruto to beat this arc.

Orichimaru: Gay and pedophile....likes to get beaten up.

Shikamaru: Lazy.

Chouji: eats allot.

iAnby7W.gif

#36 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Dec 18 2011, 01:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sasuke: Annoying, with a few redeeming qualities, possably gay and in love with main charactor, wasn't 100% sure.

Kakashi: Lazy, arrogant, useless teacher who didn't teach his student properly. (I still don't know if Sakura learnt anything from him apart from Tree Walking, which she got on her first attempt.) And after seeing first battle, he claims to have a 1000 jutsu's yet he used the Sharingan knowing the drawbacks, not the sharpest tool in the box.

Haha, I liked reading your thoughts. Surprised you thought that about Saskue from the get-go. It crossed my mind much later.
And I definitely agree Kakashi is not a good teacher at all, that's why I'll never consider him cool.

#37 AstroMarze

AstroMarze

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:I'm such a NaruSakutard :D<br />“so baked” I whispered<br />as I pulled my pizza out of the oven<br />

Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:43 AM

Lol Naruto was the first anime I ever watched and took interest in, so some characters were kinda..weird.

Naruto- I thought he was cute biggrin.gif and funny. His past seemed pretty interesting. Oh and those whiskers X)
Sakura- her hair is pink?!! wtf?!
Sasuke- emooooo, I thought he was cool
hinata- Ha I thought she was blind! And I felt bad for her, but then I learned
that she wasn't :I
Kiba- loud, smexyyy X) cool, funny, his pupils were wack. Him having akamaru on his head made me wonder if akamaru ever peed on him :o
shino- quiet, creepy.. In a way.. But I kinda liked him
Shikamaru- lazy, Awesome! Nice ponytail!
Ino- typical dumb blond.. Fun blond! Cute blond *no homoXD*
Chouji- that funny chubby kid! I loved it when he had 'em butterfly wings.
Gaara- woah too much eyeliner. Raccoon. Emo
Temari- damn girl biggrin.gif cool
Lee- bwahhh I love him, he's funny XD. Loved that he's into martial arts.
Neji- nice hair ;D
Tenten- awesome! Tomboyish
Gai sensei- Fudging hilarious!!
Kakashi- lookin' pretty old with that grey hair of yours.. But so sexy..
Jiraiya- Perv, funny, coool
orochimaru- Pedo bear hahah he wanted to have sasuke's body XD
Tsunade- cool, pretty and friggin strong. But her melons were taking up the whole screen lolz
Third hokage- good leader, loves his village and the civilians, amused by naruto's actions
kabuto- reminded me of that pokemon Kabutops.. Something like that..
Konohamaru- biggrin.gif perv, naruto's sidekick
Moegi- hair was hweird
Udon- lolz funny
Hanabi- she seemed pretty cool ( she deserves more screen time!)
Asuma- woahhh <3 those beautiful chocolate eyes
Kurenai- woah red eyes what the fuuuudge cakes?! And wrapped in bandages?! Lolwut?

#38 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Dec 18 2011, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First impressions.

Naruto: Loud, Japanese Manga's version of Harry Potter, thus making him my favourite Manga charactor.

harry potter acts like naruto!? O_o????

( i have never read it)

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#39 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Dec 27 2011, 08:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm, I don't think he does. headscratch.gif The only thing they have in common is that they're orphans. I like Naruto more than Harry.

Okay, now a few words about the other characters:
Ino- dumb, full of herself, the worst fangirl.
Shikamaru- I couldn't decide if I liked him or not. His passiveness annoyed me, but he did have a certain charm. I thought he would wind up with Ino.
Choji- annoying, total waste of character space.
Gaara- too weird, too creepy, too much eyeliner.
Kiba- kinda cool, I liked him and Akamaru.
Neji- looks really good, even with those strange eyes.
Lee- annoyed me to no end...
Itachi- love at first sight. Looks like Sasuke, but I liked his personality more.
Minato- also love at first sight. There was a point where I liked him more than Naruto.
Kankuro- weirdest outfit ever.
Kabuto- I could never guess what he really wanted or what he was thinking so I was interested in him.
Sai- I was indifferent at first. But I warmed up to him pretty quickly.

#40 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Dec 27 2011, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

( i have never read it)

Not Act's like, But history wise, orphan child growing up being hated, yet not giving into the hatred and still wanting to protect everyone, and having the cause of parents (though at the time only knew about Minato) death sealed within him. No one really behaves like Harry Potter in Naruto and vice versa.

Edited by harry4e, 28 December 2011 - 03:15 PM.

iAnby7W.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users