I will admit

#23 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:04 AM

It was basically showing how f**cked up Obito's mind was. He was returning back to the Obito that he actually is and therefore when he realized the remedy that he had created for the whole in his heart was honestly just himself and noone else, his mind started to just mess kitten up making everything look like a jumbled mess. It was Obito imagining how horrifying this world would be. [/spoiler]

That, or perhaps it was a personification of Madara's influence on him, as literal "Tobis" who took the form of the people who was closest to him.

Edited by Nefertieh, 06 November 2013 - 07:08 AM.

Follow the Yahoo JP ratings for The Last here.

#24 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:04 AM

uh,

right and in a way kishi is kinda referencing rtn with the genjutsu world both naruto and sakura loved the fake reality but eventually they hated it

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#25 arian_rad

arian_rad

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball, any sport other than tennis... Reading, Writing, Percy Jackson, Naruto, NaruSaku, Video Games, Physics and Engineering.

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:06 AM

Well...

I will admit

That last panel of Obito where you can see him looking at his hand broke me man. He looks so sad and disgusted with himself.

I'm on a roll with the predictions though eh? so far so good.

Edited by arian_rad, 06 November 2013 - 07:07 AM.

#26 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:06 AM

I honestly thought that Tobi was going to fully reject Naruto's offer there but with the disturbing flashback and Naruto essentially forcing him to join the "good side" before he can come to a conclusion by himself, I realised that it's over.

After that it's just a collection of panels with all of the named characters tugging at the bijuu. I thought that Sakura and Tsunade would still be using the remote healing technique but apparently they decided to join in the collective effort off-screen. Well considering that the Hokages decided to contribute also shows that everyone, regardless of character status or relevance, is involved in this fight besides Hashirama and Madara. 

So the bijuu are now all completely free of any human constrictions. This is probably the first time in decades that they've experienced freedom before. It's interesting to consider if Gyuki and Kurama would be partial to joining them or if they would prefer remaining with their jinchuuriki partners. I wonder how Shukaku will react to all of this since the last time we heard of him he seemed psychotic and bloodthirsty. He never encountered Naruto nor was he part of their gathering 80 chapters ago. 

Tobi is finished. His resolve is completely shattered now and the only thing he can do now is contemplate on his past. It'll be interesting to see how the Alliance reacts to this. I still can't see him surviving through to the end of this war. The next three chapters will probably be dedicated to the conclusion of his story. 

Edited by Atheck, 06 November 2013 - 07:28 AM.

#27 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:13 AM

How in the world  will Madara put together all the bijuus now that some are outside?

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#28 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Obito will pull darth vader move, I believe.

#29 narusakuforlife1667

narusakuforlife1667

Kaneki Ken did nothing wrong!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Interests:-My bae Blake is my interest if you know what I mean
    -NaruSaku are my babies they deserve to be together and have many children together because they deserve it
    -EreMika *.*/
    -Madoka Magica will forever be my top 10 anime

wasnt expecting this
:ninja:

http://glimmeringsky1890.tumblr.com

Also if you want visit my fanfiction account

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5372808

#30 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:17 AM

That last panel of Obito where you can see him looking at his hand broke me man. He looks so sad and disgusted with himself.

I'm on a roll with the predictions though eh? so far so good.

I know. Makes me remember we have to settle Sasuke for a villain. Bleh. Lol just kidding, but seriously, the idea was actually in my head. Actually, the concept is, though not exact and my villain would actually be different altogether. Sigh, if only I can draw.

Anyway, it seems like you're on a roll, though this begs the question, what's next for Obito. This part is what got me concern because I feel like he can't live anymore as in suicide. I mean he does have the list down the line of suicide becoming the only option. I don't mean to scare people here bringing this topic but this is how I see Obito right now. He has to be forced to change and lose to Naruto and others in the end. Obito doesn't know what he wants anymore. I really can't wait for the next chapter. If there's one thing I would suggest for Kishi, make a drama manga, no target audience as in teenager, just make us get tons of emotions display because clearly he's good at this.

#31 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:21 AM

Am I the only person who actually enjoyed this TNJ? we had a panel of psycho Rin, it was quick and to the point, and it was something different even though all TNJ's are about relating someone to Naruto. This is a manga for 13-14 year olds after all. I feel some people's expectations get too high sometimes.

As I said in the podcast, this TNJ is legitimate. It wasn't just a quick battle of idealogy or beating down one opponent into a pulp. It was a long hard grueling battle with not only in power, but in will too. In the end, it came down to what Obito could accept and what he would accept. It is a perfect ending to this battle and although TnJ has been overused in many pointless battles before, this one actually felt needed and was well executed.

The sad part is is that there have been so many minor and pointless TnJs that this felt like a rerun all over again, but I assure you this one is a TnJ worth having and it was a perfect moment to have one. The Tobi as we know is gone. Beaten and broken. All that is left is Obito who needs to find his way into the world again. To trust and love again like he once did. He knows he wants this too which is why Naruto was so adament. This is not a TnJ where Naruto just "thinks" he knows what the villian needs and wants. He actually knows what Obito wanted and needed. He felt his pain and told him straight up "I would have idolized you if you didn't become evil and abandoned who you truly were."

This reminds me so much at the end of Spider-man 2 where Peter and Doc Ock talk to each other. In fact, it is almost the exact same scene.

Peter Parker: You once spoke to me about intelligence... you said it was a gift to be used for the greater good...

Doc Ock: A privilege...

Peter Parker: These things have turned you into something else... don't listen to THEM...

Doc Ock: It was my dream...

Peter Parker: Sometimes... to do what's right... we must be steady... and give up the things we desire the most... even our dreams.

Doc Ock: You're right.

All you need now is for Obito to say "I will not die a monster."

Edited by James S Cassidy, 06 November 2013 - 07:24 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#32 Ex-psych75

Ex-psych75

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:21 AM

Hand-holding? Naruto-Obito confirmed. Really good chapter.

tumblr_inline_miqm96XVxj1qz4rgp.gif

#33 That Uchiha

That Uchiha

The Avatar's Love

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Korrasami, The Legend of Korra, Avatar: the Last Airbender, The 100

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:22 AM

at-first-i-was-like-and-then.jpg

I was so excited that Obito rejected the TnJ at first, I thought Kishi took the unexpected route, but then the flashbacks, now it seems TnJ ended up working anyway....

*sigh* At least there will be Madara and his trump card in the next chapters. 

307yhqh.gif

"Asami is Korra's Heart"
[follow for more korrasami & atla / lok]

#34 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:23 AM

I am so happy that Kishi is doing this a realistic route with the characters. More or less, but for Shounen, it's super rare.

You know, how would it be like if he just shook hand and give a secret handshake altogether. That would have been amusing.

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 06 November 2013 - 07:24 AM.

#35 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,424 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:24 AM

Chapter was okay, I did like the Past Obito vs Current Obito situation that took place, hopefully this chapter is the end of TNJ.  Almost everyone made a small panel including sakura (yay), although I can't wait until next chapter. Also I liked the sense of realism that Kishi portrayed this week as well.  

my review for the chapter:

Edited by LuckyChi7, 06 November 2013 - 07:25 AM.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#36 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:26 AM

I am so happy that Kishi is doing this a realistic route with the characters. More or less, but for Shounen, it's super rare.

You know, how would it be like if he just shook hand and give a secret handshake altogether. That would have been amusing.

I can't believe I am doing this

Like this, 4life?

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#37 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:28 AM

something interesting i've read on tumblr

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#38 arian_rad

arian_rad

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball, any sport other than tennis... Reading, Writing, Percy Jackson, Naruto, NaruSaku, Video Games, Physics and Engineering.

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:36 AM

You know, I read that but I must say, it was Obito himself who kept bringing up his older self and also imagining himself as hokage. None of that was Naruto. Naruto was just a witness of it when the chakra's were tangled and he used it to his advantage quite well. Obito was a broken man, no matter how hard he tried to achieve his goal and no matter how far he had come, it doesn't change the fact that the entire time he was mentally unstable and broken. When you have someone break down reality to you and show you that you are going to be living in a world where only yourself exists, it would blow your kittening mind and jumble every single one of your thoughts completely. That's why Obito was TNJ's so easily, because honestly, he was already broken for all those 20 years, he just couldn't face it.

#39 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:36 AM

Still 3 chapter left, I believe this war arc will not solve in this volume. Next volume will consist end of war arc and some transition chapter.

#40 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:37 AM

I can't believe I am doing this

Like this, 4life?

Lol sure. :lol:

Well, the flashback clearly shows that Obito is really messed up in his head. It's ironic because Obito never gives up on his first goal, but then he did after Rin's death, only to lose his new goal (Moon eye plan) to the one who has his goal today. So yeah, that's why Obito doesn't feel complete because he was forced upon and to matter worse, he still lost the battle. It's like lose the battle and accept your old self or lose the battle and continue to suffer alone because everything ends.

Well, off to do early review. Btw, I can't believe that "spoiler" wasn't real and because of that, I didn't sign on until now. Sigh. You guys are so hasty. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users