#21 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,986 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Feb 14 2012, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is NO plot in this god forsaken game. I tried following the story and my brain was fried after about 10 minutes.

Paradox after paradox after paradox. It is a convolution of utter non-sense... And Square Enix developed this before going to Versus XIII why?

But then you're not coplpaining about the lack of story just that it's one random F***ed up mess!!! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Feb 15 2012, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This.

----------------

Start FFXIII-2 rant -

*MAJOR ENDING SPOILERS* Do NOT read if you do not want to be spoiled --Click here to view--
Where to start? The creators of Final Fantasy XIII were quoted as saying that THEY didn't believe that Lightning had had a happy ending in FF 13, so they would MAKE SURE that she would at the end of FF 13-2...umm...EXCUSE me...the fact that she SAVED the people of Cocoon, broke the Fal'Cie's hold on said people, AND got her sister back was an UNHAPPY ending?! And so the fact that Serah DIES at the end of Final Fantasy XIII-2, Lightning herself gets CRYSTALLIZED, and all hell and CHAOS breaks loose is their idea of a HAPPY ending?! kitten YOU ENIX! I put up with some crap from you guys, because I you tend to make really memorable games that I love, but creating FF 13-2 utterly pointless! As Cloud has said this game has NO plot, and the 'To Be Continued' ending after kittening EVERYONE over is total...and complete...bullsh**!

I remember saying a number of times, and can even be quoted on saying it in the Gaming thread, that even though I and many many others that I know, didn't see the point in FF 13-2 we were all still looking forward to playing it. I take that all back now. I'm SO pissed off at Enix for the effed up way they ended this game, I haven't touched the game since seeing that ending, and I have absolutely NO intention of replaying kitten with it. If the ending of FF 13-2 is a HAPPY ending to Square Enix, while the ending to the original FF 13 is an UNHAPPY ending, then every last person who worked on FF 13-2 has a TWISTED idea of what is happy and what is sad.
/End rant

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Feb 15 2012, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Director Motomu Toriyama did said the game was going to be a lot darker than the original and I understand if you're not happy with the ending I don't like it either. I'm not fond of the story either but I love the side quests, battle mechanics, cinematic action, change leader in the middle of battle, no game over if you're the leader and get KO, monster recruiting, monster leveling up, monster infusion, annoying puzzles that takes hours to solve (yeah I'm taking to you hands of time), live trigger events among other things that aren't related with the story line.
Ending spoilers --Click here to view--
Although expanding the XIII series to a trilogy is "uncalled" for sorry but I think square really wants to milk the cow when it comes to squeezing money from the fans there was no need to plan for a part 3. It was bullsh*** from square to quote "is Lightning really happy" and we'll find out in the sequel because getting crystallized while your younger sister dies and Pulse is filled with Chaos definitely doesn't make Lightning happy one bit. I admit square isn't doing well but at least they are doing a whole lot better than the Sonic franchise who's critics are begging for the game franchise to die already.

The only thing that can redeem square enix if for Versus to finally be release this year, Cloud I'm with you we demand Versus and type-0 to be brought to US shores now! argh1.png

EDIT: Thanks for the edit Sakura. smile.gif

That's WHY I said didn't like the ending. it WAS B***S***!!!! th_cussing.gif

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#22 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:18 PM

And I thought the theory that "Squall is dead" in FF8 was bad. I barely understood the plot of FF13, but this seems even more of a Fustercluck.

You know FF8 will always be my favorite one.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#23 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

Again, they should've brought in The Doctor...time paradoxes is right up his TARDIS.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 19 February 2012 - 06:47 PM.

#24 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,986 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:35 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Feb 19 2012, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I thought the theory that "Squall is dead" in FF8 was bad. I barely understood the plot of FF13, but this seems even more of a Fustercluck.

You know FF8 will always be my favorite one.

I saw the ending, but it was too confusing.

#25 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:49 PM

I guess I am in the minority because I enjoyed playing FF13 and enjoyed the story very much. I am also enjoying FF13-2 what little I have played because it is fun and that is why I play video games in the first place.

If I wanted an epic story there is great works of literature for that smile.gif

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#26 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE (Verilance @ Feb 20 2012, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess I am in the minority because I enjoyed playing FF13 and enjoyed the story very much. I am also enjoying FF13-2 what little I have played because it is fun and that is why I play video games in the first place.

This isn't a Final Fantasy 13 thread though. It's a Final Fantasy 13-2 thread. As far as I know no one here is in a majority of not enjoying FF13. In fact aside from Final Fantasy 8, Final Fantasy 13 is one of my absolute favourites in the entire series. Which is why we are upset at how much the story, plot, and especially ending of FF 13-2 sucked.

#27 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:26 PM

Did anyone cover the secret ending when you collect all 160 fragments cause theres a secret ending....

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#28 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:46 PM

Final Fantasy XIII - 2...
._. What's next? Final Fantasy XIII - 2 - 3 -9 - 11?
Seriously. I hope I'm not the only one that finds this to be overdoing it just a bit.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#29 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:50 PM

Probably only FF13-3.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#30 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (Fyuria'sLeo @ Feb 24 2012, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did anyone cover the secret ending when you collect all 160 fragments cause theres a secret ending....

There's actually 9 different 'secret endings' which is total crap, because then you don't even really have a canon ending, and so it goes right back to the so-called 'plot' of FF13-2 being absolute and total nonsense -.-

For me true canon of the game ended with the pretty much happy ending of FF 13.

#31 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (Fyuria'sLeo @ Feb 24 2012, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have 155 fragments at the moment, can easily get the other four if I can be bothered finding the quiz master which leaves the last fragment of completing the monster book, I've completed most of that as well still have a couple of monsters i've yet to face....which considering the number of hours i've put in is frustrating....but I think i've hit a wall with this game, it's no longer fun to play, and completing it the final task is a chore.

iAnby7W.gif

#32 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:55 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Feb 29 2012, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's actually 9 different 'secret endings' which is total crap, because then you don't even really have a canon ending, and so it goes right back to the so-called 'plot' of FF13-2 being absolute and total nonsense -.-

For me true canon of the game ended with the pretty much happy ending of FF 13.

Oh, there's a canon ending, for sure. The rest are called "Paradox Endings."

#33 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:54 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Feb 29 2012, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, there's a canon ending, for sure. The rest are called "Paradox Endings."

The creator of Final Fantasy XIII-2 has recently been quoted as saying that the ending of the game (which is terrible and I've already expressed my deep displeasure over) is "only one path that can be taken." So, it's not even really the 'canon' ending because any of the Paradox Endings can be considered the 'canon' ending.

#34 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

Well, Boo-hoo, guess what? It seems video game developers started to have an strange fetish of completely screwing over the main characters by the end of the game. You guys should have seen my reaction when I found out about the leaked ending of Mass Effect 3 (wich had been pretty much confirmed), and it's just as bad FFXIII-2 ending. I just don't understand what is wrong with this guys. What is the point to fight, fight and fight more, only to get kittened in the end? Games are supposed to be our get away from our real life frustrations were we feel the satisfaction of seeing our hard work pay off. I don't know about you guys, but Square Enix and Bioware are two developers that lost pretty much all credibility to me.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#35 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:21 PM

No doubt with the ending of XIII-2 part 3 will have the true happy ending and I'm still ranting that Noel will get together with Lightning. pictureem0.gif

Anyway about the game here are my current stats.

Noel and Serah level 99 on all roles with 999999 CP

Equipmemt- Noel Odiblade and Serah Odinbolt

Current paradimg pack

Grand Behemoth lv 70 Rav
Mewmao lv 45 Syn
Behemoth lv 70 Com

Other monsters

Twilight Odin lv 99 Com
White Chocobo lv 99 Med
Green Chocobo lv 99 Med
Bunkerbeast lv 70 Sen
Svararog lv 99 Com
Silver Chocobo lv 99 Sen
Narasimha lv 70 Com
Reaver lv 70 Com
Blue Chocobo lv 99 Rav
Red Chocobo lv 99 Com
Torberry lv 45 Com
Don Torberry lv 45 Com
Forked Cat lv 45 Sab

These are my strongest monsters I have others more but I forgot. sweat.gif

EDIT: forgot to add the play time 180 hours I have no idea how I did it honest.

Edited by Gravenimage, 01 March 2012 - 02:29 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#36 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Mar 1 2012, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No doubt with the ending of XIII-2 part 3 will have the true happy ending and I'm still ranting that Noel will get together with Lightning. pictureem0.gif

Anyway about the game here are my current stats.

Noel and Serah level 99 on all roles with 999999 CP

Equipmemt- Noel Odiblade and Serah Odinbolt

Current paradimg pack

Grand Behemoth lv 70 Rav
Mewmao lv 45 Syn
Behemoth lv 70 Com

Other monsters

Twilight Odin lv 99 Com
White Chocobo lv 99 Med
Green Chocobo lv 99 Med
Bunkerbeast lv 70 Sen
Svararog lv 99 Com
Silver Chocobo lv 99 Sen
Narasimha lv 70 Com
Reaver lv 70 Com
Blue Chocobo lv 99 Rav
Red Chocobo lv 99 Com
Torberry lv 45 Com
Don Torberry lv 45 Com
Forked Cat lv 45 Sab

These are my strongest monsters I have others more but I forgot. sweat.gif

EDIT: forgot to add the play time 180 hours I have no idea how I did it honest.

Snow will die and Noel will be with Serah. biggrin.gif

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#37 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,986 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (Verilance @ Feb 20 2012, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's fine nothing will be held against you for liking the game. But lots of people don't like time paradoxes cause it will cause you to question which endings were canon or even significant.

#38 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Mar 3 2012, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But lots of people don't like time paradoxes cause it will cause you to question which endings were canon or even significant.

Exactly.

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Mar 1 2012, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There won't be a FF XIII-3 because the 'To Be Continued' is just to let players know that they should now try to get the Paradox Endings, to choose a 'new' ending. But none of the 'new endings' are really any better than the 'to be continued' ending -.-

So again for me, the ending of the first and original Final Fantasy XIII is the one and only true canon ending for me. Final Fantasy XIII-2 and all it's random endings may as well be fanfiction in gaming form dry.gif

#39 Loofy

Loofy

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:11 AM

Cactaur with a hat > everything.

Please tell me Tonberry is in this game.

#40 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:31 AM

QUOTE (alexander @ Mar 1 2012, 07:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, Boo-hoo, guess what? It seems video game developers started to have an strange fetish of completely screwing over the main characters by the end of the game. You guys should have seen my reaction when I found out about the leaked ending of Mass Effect 3 (wich had been pretty much confirmed), and it's just as bad FFXIII-2 ending. I just don't understand what is wrong with this guys. What is the point to fight, fight and fight more, only to get kittened in the end? Games are supposed to be our get away from our real life frustrations were we feel the satisfaction of seeing our hard work pay off. I don't know about you guys, but Square Enix and Bioware are two developers that lost pretty much all credibility to me.

Y'know.... Complaining about a game that's been out for months is one thing, but complaining about this supposed leak ending of a game that hasn't come out yet is something else. It's gonna come out within a week or two, depending where you live. Complain after you beat the game and get the 'Golden Ending.'

Plus, Bioware's not new at killing off heroes and main characters, I don't see the big deal. Although, considering you have to really try to get the 'Everyone dies' ending in ME2, I doubt that whatever you're unhappy about regarding ME3 is probably just one kind of playthrough that a player can experience.

This is also their last game starring Shepard, so the ME team has a chance to create a large variety of endings depending how you played, with one of them being The Reapers win.

Sorry for going waaaaay off topic.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 05 March 2012 - 02:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users