30 replies to this topic

#21 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:45 PM

Looking at this match only, they deserved to win. Not sure looking at their whole progress through the league though. But I'm still sad. Man utd was not able to maintain possession AT ALL. shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#22 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:45 PM

Well it seemed Fergie wanted them out fast, and to steal a goal early. Had they done it, it would have put Barcelona on its heels and changes the complexion of the match.But Barcelona is a tough team to keep up with, they are incredibly fast and it wins them possession. After the first hast it got disappointing. Rooney's equalizer was about the last time I enjoyed it.
\

#23 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:45 PM

We were outplayed today, it was as simple as that, Normally when you watch a game you can think, this person should have done better he made this mistake, this person wasn't good enough on the night, and yeah for the first goal maybe Evra should have tracked the right player, and for the second Van DerSar should have been more central but in all honestly even if those attempts were saved, Barcelona would have made other chances and the way they were playing today there was only going to be one winner tonight, makes me sick that it wasn't ManU, but there are times when even if you lose you can't fault your team for the effort they put in.

We lick our wounds tonight, but come tomorrow, Fergie needs to go to the board and demand the money he needs so that if the time comes again, there isn't such a big gap between the two teams. Barcelona tonight showed why so many people describe them as the greatest team of all time...if it wasn't against Man Utd, I would have thoroughly enjoyed them play.

iAnby7W.gif

#24 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:25 PM

Wow, Japan absolutely needed that victory! A well deserving and storybook script for the country of Japan in the Women's World Cup!

But...for the love of god that was a the biggest choke job by a US team I have ever seen!! Especially the penalty kicks what a choke job! Lebron is proud!

Edited by Insurrection, 17 July 2011 - 09:45 PM.

#25 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:40 PM

Seriously, they outchoked Lechoke himself, and THAT'S saying something. The games you should've won are always the toughest to lose.

#26 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:50 PM

That was an excellent finish to the community shield match. Now EPL is back saturday
\

#27 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:23 PM

A typical Man Utd comeback. Never ceases to amaze me.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#28 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Gym, Martial Arts, Property

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:35 PM

Here's hoping this Community Shield game sets a marker for the rest of the season.

It's always grat to see United silence the 'Noisy Neighbours' laugh.gif
I really like this new team of youths Fergie's put together: Jones, Cleverely, Welbeck, and J. Evans all superb. De Gea (in goal) was a bit suspect, but at least he redeemed himself somewhat. Let's see if he can handle the PL.

Wonder if Totenham Hotspur will get to play their opening game, considering the choas going on in London the last few days?

Edited by Quinny52, 08 August 2011 - 10:35 PM.

If there's one thing I have learned In my short time on this Earth

Devotion should be owed not earned Only you determine what you're worth

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#29 applesandtea

applesandtea

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 05:26 AM

thoughts on how arsenal will fare this season? nasri and fabregas are gone and well, that game with manchester united did NOT end well for them (they broke a few arsenal records for doing so badly against manchester united). i'm not a gunner, but i'm curious as to what you guys think.

#30 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:36 AM

At this rate, they'll drop out of the CL next season. By right the loss of two players can't affect that much. They still have the likes of Van Persie, Walcott and Arshavin. Their midfield play needs to improve. Lets see how the addition of Arteta will affect their gameplay. My prediction for top 4 this season would be Man Utd (Champions!!), Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#31 applesandtea

applesandtea

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:08 PM

That's true. Those are my predictions as well unless another club sneaks in and trolls everyone. Man Utd is looking good...even better than last year; I hate to say it since I'm a Liverpool fan, but I think they have the best shot of winning the league. Chelsea is honestly doing better than I expected in that they managed to get Villas-Boas and invested in some good transfers so they're not really dealing with the problem they had last season where everyone kept pointing out every 3 seconds that their squad was aging. They've got players like Mata and Luiz now...and probably other players who I don't remember. XD Oh, Chelsea...they're taking away all my favorite players :'( Pretty sure you've heard about the Meireles transfer. He followed in Torres's footsteps in more ways than one...the difference being that he'll probably manage to score a goal. laugh.gif

Liverpool most likely won't win the league, but I have no qualms about that. We're in the process of rebuilding and I'm just very happy with the results so far. At least we're in a better place now than we were around this time last season. Ughhhh Hodgson and the former owners made life miserable (and that Torres transfer didn't help things...it was probably the worst month I've experienced in a long time) and we broke Liverpool records for doing so badly.

Man City throws money around - enough to get some quality players who ensure them a spot in the top 5 at least - but I highly doubt they'll win. It's just...no. I don't know how to explain it, but I think you might know what I mean. I guess what I'm trying to say is that they have a lot of money, they have good players, and they manage to be in the top 5 a lot, but there's just this missing spark IMO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users