Chapter 431 Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
85 replies to this topic

#21 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,843 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE (Lord Roy @ Jan 16 2009, 02:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh and I do hope everyone noticed Tsunade's side effect of her jutsu taking place. I think it might be even more severe this time though.

I want to see how she really looks, though that may happen if the death scene comes upon her...

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#22 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jan 16 2009, 02:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want to see how she really looks, though that may happen if the death scene comes upon her...

Which looks like it may happen sooner than later....I'm starting to think Tsunade may die after all in the next few chapters or so. sad.gif

uc.png

#23 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:03 AM

wow

#24 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:24 AM

If we get more awesome Naruto pwnage, that would be great...

but even with what we've gotten just in this chapter, I feel complete. smile.gif

#25 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:45 AM

Ok, that's it, $#@$ Pain Naruto, go to Sauske and kick his ass, NOW.

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#26 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:51 AM

I squeed. XDDD

The fight scenes were awesome, the way they flowed was brilliant. You could definitely see how swiftly the summons were taken down - the rhino was still early in its flight when Naruto hit the others with his Sage Oodama Rasengans!

Is anyone else thinking that Tsunade might have permanently lost her youthful looks? I'm thinking she sacrificed it all for the sake of saving as many people as she could. I feel she'll live, but not have that many years left - maybe just enough to appoint Naruto as the Rokudaime Hokage in the future (if Danzou's coup doesn't succeed).

Kakashi's not dead! His dad is going to have a little chat with him and send him back to the living world. Yup.

Two Pains down, four left to go. 8D It'll get a lot tougher when God Pain gets his power back, though.

#27 EarthBorn

EarthBorn

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:&gt;Science! and the Tech stuff. <br />&gt;Music (I do the Guitar, occasional Keyboard and Lyrics writing for a school band I'm a part of)<br />&gt;Writing<br />&gt;Gaming <br />&gt;One thousand other stuff...

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:02 AM

Naruto 4, Pain - 0.

Pain couldn't even land a hit. Also, I wonder if Sakura is going to get back at Naruto by implying his newfound "monstrous strength". biggrin.gif Seriously, he threw that rhino-thing like it was nothing.

Everyone, say hello to the Rokudaime Hokage. If only we were sure about Kakashi...

#28 Kirby

Kirby

Kirby ain't hungry right now.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Manga, TV, Reading, Tromboning, Kirby (their vaccuum cleaners are AWESOME &lt;3

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:18 PM

KAKASHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII! DX D:

The name of the Jutsu sounds weird: Sage Tech Giant Rasengan. Double Oodama Rasengan sounds cooler, but now he can handle that rasengan with one clone. I hope he doesn't beat up Pain that fast though. I still think Pain should retreat, when he hears about the 8-tails/ his power is depleting. But really, Naruto has to DISPOSE of those Pain bodies, or Hell realm will just restore them again biggrin.gif
. Don't Press the red button

#29 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:19 PM

I think Naruto has reached the pinnacle of 'awesomeness.' If he becomes anymore 'awesome' then women will start spontaneously fainting in post-coital bliss by his mere appearance. In fact, his 'awesomeness' is probably great enough for Sakura to throw herself at his feet wearing nothing but her hitai and a smile.
End of line.

#30 Anewhope2

Anewhope2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:59 PM

Now that's how you start the new year right Kishi! A freaking awesome chapter, it was well worth the wait! Can't make any assumptions right now, but this could be the best year of Naruto manga in a long time, but i have been wrong before.

Edited by Anewhope2, 16 January 2009 - 01:59 PM.

#31 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:21 PM

Anyone else get the feeling that Naruto unleashing his new jutsu here isn't going to work out very well for him? Pain probably won't go unscathed, but I don't think it will "put an end to this" like Naruto is hoping, and it could end up doing more bad than good...

Favorite moment of the chapter: Bunta crushing the dog summon and yelling "Silence, pup!" He's as badass as ever. biggrin.gif

#32 Jade Ninja

Jade Ninja

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Skiing, skiing, more skiing, watch anime/read manga while not skiing.<br /><br />Oh, and getting sponsored for skiing.<br /><br />Oh, and drinking in hottubs after skiing.<br /><br />...<br /><br />and hot chicks.<br /><br />...<br /><br />preferably in hottubs drinking with me.

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:45 PM

[spends a few minutes frothing at the mouth and twitching in chair. Recover composure and begin to type]

I can almost die happy now. That chapter overcame almost two years of unrequetted Naruto-badass-ness. I had just one song stuck in my head the whole time I was reading this chapter:

"MOVE, b*tch, GET OUT THE WAY! GET OUT THE WAY b*tch, GET OUT THE WAY!!" (by lucacris)

So, steps Naruto has to take now:

1) force pain to retreat with this new technique,

2) find Sasuke, reach down his throat, pull hard, and pull him inside-out of himself,

3) come home, have a shower, and make passionate love to Sakura

4) repeat step 3 as often as possible.

I also agree that Naruto shouldn't fully defeat Pain, but I do see retreat in the future, if only for Pain to develop a new stratagy.

Ahh, Kakashi, I knew thee, Horatio. I think...NO, I WON'T SAY IT!!! DENIAL WORKS!!
The world is going to hell in a sporty dream car, and I'm here to point it out.

#33 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:48 PM

This is what I've been waiting for. You can see his growth and maturity as a ninja. And I really don't think Kakashi is dead. Naruto was guessing because he could not sense his Chakra. But if Kakashi is near death, his Chakra signal would be extremely faint and possibly too small to detect.

I do think Naruto will force Pein to withdraw with the new move. Hopefully he'll be able to kill some more of the bodies. What happens next will be the mystery. Will Sasuke return to the village after pein retreats? Will the Cloud ninja arrive looking for Pein or encounter him while he is retreating? What I'm really looking forward to is Naruto reuniting with Sakura after he forces Pein back. I wonder if she will see and of this fight. Maybe she disobeys orders to goes to him during the fight and sees the last bit of it when he uses his new move.

Can't wait for the next episode. I'll be drooling with anticipation!

#34 Melancholy Vixen

Melancholy Vixen

I had a feeling

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Interests:WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:00 PM

HOLY CRAP.

THAT WAS SO AWESOME.

wow.png

#35 josh32

josh32

same with Ichigo

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Random sword &amp; gun fights with my brother, FF VII: ACC, Dead Fantasy

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:53 PM

been waiting for a long time but it look's like it's finally time for 'that' jutsu XD

#36 ABrokenRomeo

ABrokenRomeo

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:12 PM

Wow, that was -hilarious- Pain was all "RAWR SUMMONS!" and Naruto was all "**** You, ***hole. Frogs! Attack!" but before that he was all "This is the way we toss a Rhino, Toss A Rhino, this is the way we toss a Rhino, all through the Mornin'." Sweet Chapter.
~Forever Living the Dream~

#37 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:53 PM

I declare Naruto the winner of the gold medal in Rhino Tossing. =DDDD

#38 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jan 16 2009, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I declare Naruto the winner of the gold medal in Rhino Tossing. =DDDD

The Silver and Bronze winner too. XD

uc.png

#39 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (Daniee @ Jan 16 2009, 06:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone else get the feeling that Naruto unleashing his new jutsu here isn't going to work out very well for him? Pain probably won't go unscathed, but I don't think it will "put an end to this" like Naruto is hoping, and it could end up doing more bad than good...

Favorite moment of the chapter: Bunta crushing the dog summon and yelling "Silence, pup!" He's as badass as ever. biggrin.gif

yup yup, whatever the outcome of this battle, Naruto wont be able to end it for good until he finds Nagato, the real rinnegan user.

This chapter was awesome, don't get me wrong, but I was a little disappointed in the lack of narusakuness. 121721.gif Maybe if Sakura does run out to him it would make for a good narusaku scene; But it would be plain stupid of sakura to run out there and put herself in harms way, forcing Naruto to protect her on top of defending himself. It would be awesome if she could somehow join the fight to help and not be in the way, but she is a medic nin foremost and I can't see her doing anything those awesome frogs couldn't do.
Who else but Kishi could imagine a giant frog samurai!? lol

mad.gif *still holding out for Kakashi!* mad.gif sakura.gifzomg.gif Sakura will definitely heal him!!

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#40 Xyanide

Xyanide

The Poison in your system

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Snowboarding, Graphics Design, Naruto, Bleach, fun stuff :D

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:04 PM

My only thought:
Naw-rue-toe Pawwnchhhh! (Yes!)

Seriously though, I love how strong Naruto is now.
Too bad that even if he wins this battle, the "True" Pain will still be alive somewhere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users