#21 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:20 AM

Way to go Pierrot... --Click here to view--
Once again, bad filler episode...I knew it that it would be since, apparently, every one that has Sasuke in there, it is fated to be fail. Is it possible to have a less fangirl Sakura ( I don't even remember her being THAT bad, even in the start)? Furthermore, why do we have the same old 'humor' of the potty jokes and the kiss between Naruto and Sasuke. Really, Pierrot has no creativity at all dry.gif

As for the next episode, guess that it will be fail since, not only do we have Sakura but Ino as well to go fangirl mode over Sasuke facepalm.png

#22 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:17 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jan 13 2011, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, manga creators have no say over what animators do with their story, the animators buy the rights to animate it, and it's basically just the manga creator hopes the studio doesn't mess around too badly with their story. Japanese people don't file lawsuits like Americans do. If they are really annoyed about what the studio is doing they will make some comments- like Kishimoto did (in a subtle way, for westerners, in as blunt a way as one can be without being outright rude in Japanese culture) at Jump Festa 2009 about the naruhina/Hinata worshipping and antinarusaku/Sakura bashing amongst the fans, and made it clear it wasn't from anything in his story- thus pointing straight at the animators, and they knew it too, because they pulled stunts that further overplayed Hinata and minimized Sakura during the Pain arc.

Now I don't think he minds the narusasu stuff as much, and in fact has put in things that does hint that Sasuke does harbor some romantic love for Naruto, but because of that, that makes his hatred all the stronger for Naruto- because he knows Naruto could potentially draw him away from his headlong plunge into psychotic violence directed from his hatred for everything.

There are basically two factions at Studio Pierrot, one that tends to work with canon and writes the more canon-like characterization of Naruto and Sakura (last week's episode was done by them) Then there is the faction that point blank admitted they worship Hinata (they also worship Sasuke.) They wrote this week's episode. Not only is there the problem with their Hinata and Sasuke worshiping, but their writing skills are significantly lower as well- it's this faction that writes the worst cliched filler characters, that overplays Naruto's loudmouthed stupidity and Sakura's part 1 Sasuke fangirlism, and her tsundere tendencies in both part 1 and 2 and underplays her canon romantic love for Naruto.

Interesting stuff. Cultural differences in handling things are so easy to forget. Thanks — your info is often enlightening!

As far as the NaruSasu stuff, there is at least some ridiculous manga precedent set — the kiss in the classroom, even though it wasn't at all meant as yaoi. Kishimoto is at least making light of it their close relationship. But the NH shippers seem to be much louder than the NaruSasu ones, even though there is no support. (Meaning he's never had a single romantic anything with Hinata, mistaken or otherwise. And he has with Sakura and Sasuke. Imho, the manga would go NSasu before NH.)

But aside from all this, I think that extreme characterizations of the anime and the blatant competition for Naruto's love interest, when there is none in the manga, is simply better for the tv audience. Whether the animation team are NH shippers or not. But you're right, with this episode too, where Studio Pierrot is involved, they seem to distort things to the worst degree. I just can't help thinking it's an easy way to stoke the fires of an unseen audience. Instead of telling a good story, they are just stirring up people's reactions, running through the checklist of fanservice items, to keep people watching.

#23 Fox-And-Flower

Fox-And-Flower

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:09 AM

guys, guys. Relax lol

i dunno, i really didnt find this episode bad at all. It kept me laughing, and although im not a fan of narusasu, it always makes me smile to see those 2 in silly and embarassing situations XD i loved their friendship back then. i HATE sasuke now, but i was able to tolerate him then. now i miss part 1 sasuke, before he became a complete ass. :/

of course, sakura's behaviour bothered me a bit, but i got over that. I did like the part where she said both sasuke and naruto's names and when she said naruto's its as if he heard her and he got up, all serious again about going to save her. i thought it was sweet smile.gif

Edited by Fox-And-Flower, 14 January 2011 - 04:13 AM.

#24 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:29 AM

QUOTE (Serenity Namikaze @ Jan 14 2011, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Way to go Pierrot... --Click here to view--
Once again, bad filler episode...I knew it that it would be since, apparently, every one that has Sasuke in there, it is fated to be fail. Is it possible to have a less fangirl Sakura ( I don't even remember her being THAT bad, even in the start)? Furthermore, why do we have the same old 'humor' of the potty jokes and the kiss between Naruto and Sasuke. Really, Pierrot has no creativity at all dry.gif

As for the next episode, guess that it will be fail since, not only do we have Sakura but Ino as well to go fangirl mode over Sasuke facepalm.png

Actually, I don't think so. There may be some fangirl moments but it won't be as bad as this one, I think. It seems to focus on mostly Shikamaru's intellect in outsmarting the villain.

Edited by Codus N, 14 January 2011 - 04:30 AM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#25 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:41 AM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Jan 14 2011, 05:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, I don't think so. There may be some fangirl moments but it won't be as bad as this one, I think. It seems to focus on mostly Shikamaru's intellect in outsmarting the villain.

I'm not too sure about the part of the fangirls but I definately approve about the Shikamaru's part. Oh well, guess that we'll have to wait and see but I still fear the worse concerning Ino-Sakura. However, if the next episode is done by the other faction of Pierrot ( refer to Ciardha's comment) then they might be hope.

#26 Master Sage

Master Sage

RASENGAN...... it never gets old

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:36 AM

I cannot believe what i just watched so i made a list of the 10 things i saw in this episode:

1. This episode had very excellent animation, it felt like i was watching a movie...kind of wink.gif
2. What is up with sakura going all crazy fan girl mode. I'm pretty sure in this episode she is worse than Karin. sad.gif
3. hahahaha Kakashi has his very own boomstick (or lightning stick, whatever floats your boat)
4. I think i just saw spider man in Naruto....that or i really need to check my eyes wow.gif
5.Woah woah woah, Naruto and Sasuke stuck together and they are kissing, peeing together, staring at each other, blushing.......WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU NARUTO rawr.gif
6.You gotta love the tag-team fight in this episode it was really cool sleep.gif
7.Wow It was Naruto that really wanted to save Sakura and helped save her and he gets absolutly no credit dry.gif
8. BTW sakura is in fan girl mode again down.gif
9.NOW THEY ARE DOING #2 TOGETHER, AND THERE HAPPY argh1.png
10. Sakura approve of NaruSasu hahaha don't worry Sakura NaruSasu will never happen pictureem0.gif

Well it was not like this episode was horrible but minus all of the Yaoi moments and the extreme fangirl moments this was probably the funniest filler (well funniest Naruto Shippuden filler) i have watched in a long time. Big plus the animation was amazing and it would be nice if it was like this in all the episodes biggrin.gif

Edited by Master Sage, 14 January 2011 - 05:37 AM.

#27 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:02 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jan 14 2011, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, manga creators have no say over what animators do with their story, the animators buy the rights to animate it, and it's basically just the manga creator hopes the studio doesn't mess around too badly with their story. Japanese people don't file lawsuits like Americans do. If they are really annoyed about what the studio is doing they will make some comments- like Kishimoto did (in a subtle way, for westerners, in as blunt a way as one can be without being outright rude in Japanese culture) at Jump Festa 2009 about the naruhina/Hinata worshipping and antinarusaku/Sakura bashing amongst the fans, and made it clear it wasn't from anything in his story- thus pointing straight at the animators, and they knew it too, because they pulled stunts that further overplayed Hinata and minimized Sakura during the Pain arc.

Now I don't think he minds the narusasu stuff as much, and in fact has put in things that does hint that Sasuke does harbor some romantic love for Naruto, but because of that, that makes his hatred all the stronger for Naruto- because he knows Naruto could potentially draw him away from his headlong plunge into psychotic violence directed from his hatred for everything.

There are basically two factions at Studio Pierrot, one that tends to work with canon and writes the more canon-like characterization of Naruto and Sakura (last week's episode was done by them) Then there is the faction that point blank admitted they worship Hinata (they also worship Sasuke.) They wrote this week's episode. Not only is there the problem with their Hinata and Sasuke worshiping, but their writing skills are significantly lower as well- it's this faction that writes the worst cliched filler characters, that overplays Naruto's loudmouthed stupidity and Sakura's part 1 Sasuke fangirlism, and her tsundere tendencies in both part 1 and 2 and underplays her canon romantic love for Naruto.

If that's so, then which faction do you think did the Kakashi Love Song episode?? if you ask me, that episode was actually well-written and the romance between Kakashi and Hanare was well developed too. (It also made me pity the man even more) And if I had to bet, I'd say Kishi liked (maybe) that episode too. So I definitely won't be surprised if she suddenly shows up in canon. In fact.... Kishi has been inserting some filler stuff in the current arc lately (the 4 Kekkei Genkai Shinobis, Raiga's sword) So yeah, chances are high she might appear. If anything, there will be some changes for her, though. Such as her village origin.

248793.jpg

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#28 ShinkuUzumaki

ShinkuUzumaki

ShinkuSarutobi

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:19 AM

i actually liked this episode i found it kinda funny
NaruSaku

#29 Blazing CobaltX

Blazing CobaltX

Yuri Trainer on Fire

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:Pokémon(OMFG, what am I doing here then?! ^^'), Phoenix Wright, Naruto(Ofc), and K-ON.

Other shizzle:
    Drawing(Which doesn't mean I'm good at it!), playing Pokémon(Ofc)(Which isn't possible anymore... TT_TT) and several other games, and some other things(Like watching anime, of course!).

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:40 AM

Yeah, it is right that Sakura was too fangirl-ish, even more than she was, but it was funny tho. happy.gif
I have no problem with yaoi, but if Pierrot is going to continue this yaoi-thing, I'm not going to watch the fillers anymore. I want some Narusaku! rawr.gif

Edited by Blazing CobaltX, 15 January 2011 - 07:41 AM.

#30 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Jan 14 2011, 01:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If that's so, then which faction do you think did the Kakashi Love Song episode?? if you ask me, that episode was actually well-written and the romance between Kakashi and Hanare was well developed too. (It also made me pity the man even more) And if I had to bet, I'd say Kishi liked (maybe) that episode too. So I definitely won't be surprised if she suddenly shows up in canon. In fact.... Kishi has been inserting some filler stuff in the current arc lately (the 4 Kekkei Genkai Shinobis, Raiga's sword) So yeah, chances are high she might appear. If anything, there will be some changes for her, though. Such as her village origin.

Yeah, I'd say that it was done by that faction too. Hanare's character design also fit more with Kishimoto's style, Naruto and Sakura came off much closer to their canon selves, the story was pretty much workable with canon, etc...

Don't know if Kishimoto will use her, but it might inspire him to have Kakashi have a war time romance with a kunoichi from another country that is part of the alliance. So far the only female Kakashi has ever shown any hint of romantic interest in is Ayame. He called her Ayame chan and was disappointed when she was on vacation. (she's Tenuchi's daughter and works at Ichiraku) And if you include the gag comic Kishimoto did that was the basis of the Kakashi's mask episode, she is one of the few people who have ever seen Kakashi without his mask. wink.gif
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#31 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:44 PM

So.... wanna place bets?? I'm betting on Hanare. Hanare was so well developed that I really liked her. Ayame sounds good, but I'm not too sure if Kishi really will make her Kakashi's girl since she "sort of" only had a bit of focus in just an omake. I really do hope Kishi inserts Hanare into canon with the explanation of her being sent away on a long-term mission to spy on another village but then came back for the war. And besides, Kishi has been inserting some filler stuff, who knows?? maybe she'll be approved just like Matsuri was.

248793.jpg

#32 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Jan 15 2011, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So.... wanna place bets?? I'm betting on Hanare. Hanare was so well developed that I really liked her. Ayame sounds good, but I'm not too sure if Kishi really will make her Kakashi's girl since she "sort of" only had a bit of focus in just an omake. I really do hope Kishi inserts Hanare into canon with the explanation of her being sent away on a long-term mission to spy on another village but then came back for the war. And besides, Kishi has been inserting some filler stuff, who knows?? maybe she'll be approved just like Matsuri was.

hope he doesnt insert to much filler stuff...like...hinata filler stuff....*shivers*

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#33 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Jan 15 2011, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hope he doesnt insert to much filler stuff...like...hinata filler stuff....*shivers*

No worries about that, from the 2009 Jump Festa he made it quite clear that the rabid naruhina and Sakura bashing fan letters he'd received had ticked him off. They basically made Kishimoto love his character Sakura all the more and gave him some negative feelings about his character Hinata. He didn't like the worshiping of Hinata and the bashing of Sakura. That played out the most strongly during the arc where Naruto met his mother. Kishimoto emphasized the personality similarities and relationship development similarities between Kushina and Sakura, and had Kushina actually refer to the type woman not to get with in her advice with the exact same words in Japanese Naruto described Hinata when we first see her character, some thirty odd chapters into the story during the Chunin exams. Naruto also uses the same term to describe his mother's beauty as he does Sakura's in her introduction in chapter 3. And when we see Naruto's mental image of his age peers, Sakura is the only one who's attention is fully on Naruto, and her look is happy and openly loving. In contrast Hinata is completely turned away from Naruto, frowning, and shadowed. That was Kishimoto's explicit visual explanation of Naruto's level of emotional connection to his age peers.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#34 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Gym, Martial Arts, Property

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:14 PM

@ Codus N - While I agree that Kishimoto may get some inspiration from the anime team from time to time, I just want to point out that the character of Matsuri did in fact appear in the manga before she did in the anime. While in the manga she debuted in the Rescue Gaara arc in Part II, the anime introduces her during Part I (final filler arc), and develops her character a bit more. I know this beacuse by the time of her appearance in the anime, the manga was going through the Hidan & Kakuzu arc (so Matsuri in manga had already been shown).

@merryGOflava - Nah, I think Kishimoto will be going easy on anything Hinata-related for a while.

If there's one thing I have learned In my short time on this Earth

Devotion should be owed not earned Only you determine what you're worth

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#35 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:36 AM

@ Ciardha and Quinny52 thanx biggrin.gif thats reassuring biggrin.gif

#36 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:31 AM

QUOTE (Quinny52 @ Jan 15 2011, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@ Codus N - While I agree that Kishimoto may get some inspiration from the anime team from time to time, I just want to point out that the character of Matsuri did in fact appear in the manga before she did in the anime. While in the manga she debuted in the Rescue Gaara arc in Part II, the anime introduces her during Part I (final filler arc), and develops her character a bit more. I know this beacuse by the time of her appearance in the anime, the manga was going through the Hidan & Kakuzu arc (so Matsuri in manga had already been shown).

Yes, in the manga she had been an unnamed and the most persistent of Gaara's fangirls when he was revived, so she was semicanon already. She is the only character for Kishimoto to allow into canon the anime's name and background given to her. She appears in the 3rd Naruto databook under the name Matsuri and with the background given in the anime of being Gaara's student. She appeared again when Gaara went to the Kage summit and had a bit of dialogue. I'll have to look and see if she's appeared in the current manga arc. The anime implied Gaara also had some romantic feelings for her, and it's likely Kishimoto is fine with that for Gaara but he'll let the anime do most of that work for him.

#37 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:43 AM

Hmm... I see. So that means, if Kishimoto plans on inserting Hanare he may just do a little scene or give subtle hints about them together and leave the rest to Pierrot. Hmm, I like that. That doesn't sound too bad at all.

248793.jpg

#38 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:24 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jan 16 2011, 03:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, in the manga she had been an unnamed and the most persistent of Gaara's fangirls when he was revived, so she was semicanon already. She is the only character for Kishimoto to allow into canon the anime's name and background given to her. She appears in the 3rd Naruto databook under the name Matsuri and with the background given in the anime of being Gaara's student. She appeared again when Gaara went to the Kage summit and had a bit of dialogue. I'll have to look and see if she's appeared in the current manga arc. The anime implied Gaara also had some romantic feelings for her, and it's likely Kishimoto is fine with that for Gaara but he'll let the anime do most of that work for him.

so wait...is matsuri in the manga???? err.gif ?

#39 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Jan 15 2011, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so wait...is matsuri in the manga???? err.gif ?

Well yeah go back and read the end of the rescue Gaara arc.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#40 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Gym, Martial Arts, Property

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:05 AM

@merryGOflava - Yes, she is. She first appeared in Chap. 280, before her anime appearance. It's just that the anime team decided to give her character more background and depth by making her Gaara's student, and Kishi must've liked the idea and integrated it into the story.

@ciardha - I don't think she's appeared recently (not since the Kage Summit), but I agree about the anime's portrayal of Gaara relationship with Matsuri. In fact, in Shippuden Movie 3 (IotWoF) during Gaara's fight with Naruto, he is seen having a vision of the people who're important to him, and Matsuri is among them.

Anyway, while I can tell the majority of peoples opinions on this Ep. I'm sensing the subject is starting to drift. Back on topic, Ladies and Gents. smile.gif

Edited by Quinny52, 16 January 2011 - 11:07 AM.

If there's one thing I have learned In my short time on this Earth

Devotion should be owed not earned Only you determine what you're worth

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users