154 replies to this topic

#21 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:02 PM

So the Nine-Tails name is Kurama and the Four-Tails name is Son Goku, eh? Then I guess I now want to know the names of the other Tailed-Beasts as well. I'm pretty sure that Shukaku is the name of the One-Tailed Tanuki if this new information applies to him at all.

Overall great chapter and I look forward to the next one. th_coffee.gif

#22 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:23 PM

The two-tails could be called Nekomata, a supernatural cat which splits its tail into two. At least that's what I'd guess.

Edited by Darth Krypt, 26 December 2011 - 06:24 PM.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#23 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:22 PM

I guess since we're on the second page, no need for spoilers right?

Anyway, I definitely enjoyed this chapter and it was nice to get a little bit more background on the jinchuuriki themselves, and to know they had actual names gives them a bit more of personalities. I definitely like Kyuubi's real name, Kurama. For some reason it suits him, and I do hope Naruto and Kurama end up being friends like Bee and The Eight Tails, but then again they're very close to becoming friends. biggrin.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#24 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:09 PM

I didnt think that Kishi would go more into detail about the tailed beasts lives. Giving them names is awesome, and its even better that Naruto knows the Kyuubi's now. All we need now is for Kurama to fully trust and befriend Naruto biggrin.gif

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#25 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ Dec 26 2011, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So the Nine-Tails name is Kurama and the Four-Tails name is Son Goku, eh? Then I guess I now want to know the names of the other Tailed-Beasts as well. I'm pretty sure that Shukaku is the name of the One-Tailed Tanuki if this new information applies to him at all.

Overall great chapter and I look forward to the next one. th_coffee.gif

IF we get a new one smile.gif

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#26 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:49 PM

Son Goku? Kishi, I am disappoint.

Besides that, I really liked the point of view of the nine tails for those few pages.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#27 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:54 PM

With all this DBZ reference Kishi has added to his manga I wonder if the next reference he'll make is make NH canon (Goku+Chichi). rolleyes.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#28 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:22 AM

Naruto's real power

He can change the hearts and minds of a Bijuu.

I guess all the host were connected to they're beast by something more than destiny.

Yet i can't wait as to how Madara is going to complete the Eye of the Moon plan, if his beasts turn on him. It would suck for him if he can't control the 10 tails.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#29 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:38 AM

kurama smile.gif))))) nice name.

im gonna miss calling him kyuubi though.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#30 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:04 AM

QUOTE (naruto-z @ Dec 26 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not The Last Chapter Yet --Click here to view--
That's because this isn't the last chapter of the year. We'll get another chapter this wednesday. Then two week break.
And about Son Goku, I thought sarutobi's summoning monkey was supposed to reference the chinese Monkey King since he actually turned into a staff.

I thought about the Thirds summon too but apparently its name was Monkey king Enma. Go figure there are more monkey kings out there :/

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#31 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Dec 27 2011, 12:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With all this DBZ reference Kishi has added to his manga I wonder if the next reference he'll make is make NH canon (Goku+Chichi). rolleyes.gif

You're kidding, right? rolleyes.gif
If anything Goku / Chichi is a NS reference, too. Chi chi is a tsundere.
It isn't a DBZ reference, Son Goku means Monkey King.

Edited by Fenris, 27 December 2011 - 02:25 AM.

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#32 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:38 AM

QUOTE (Fenris @ Dec 26 2011, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're kidding, right? rolleyes.gif
If anything Goku / Chichi is a NS reference, too. Chi chi is a tsundere.
It isn't a DBZ reference, Son Goku means Monkey King.

It does? Huh, that makes sense, actually laugh.gif Thank you for pointing that out!

AboojTi.gif

#33 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Dec 27 2011, 03:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It does? Huh, that makes sense, actually laugh.gif Thank you for pointing that out!

Yeah, Darth explained it better on the first page.

Honestly, I'm sick of all this "Kishi is following/copying DBZ." stuff. He's not. It's his own story. sleep.gif Son Goku means a hell of a lot of things, and it isn't just a reference to DBZ. =/

And just because Kishi may get inspired by DBZ, doesn't mean it will compromise NS in any way. If anything Sasuhina would have a better shot if Kishi was going for Dbz style than NH.

Edited by Fenris, 27 December 2011 - 02:47 AM.

jus drein jus daun.

#34 Amy-chan

Amy-chan

Blonde Gamer

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Interests:Animals

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:55 AM

This was an amazing chapter, im glad the fox is starting to think about working with Naruto.

#35 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Yeah I know I don't need to put spoiler tags now but I feel like it anyway...

Dododododooooo... --Click here to view--
About time the bloody chapter came out. Honestly, I was starting to lose interest in Naruto... or anime in general for the matter. [Thanks Nintendo...]

So the bijuu have names too? I never thought that their backgrounds would go so far as to having names. Kurama... I like that name for Kyuubi. I'm still probably going to call him Kyuubi though, because that's how I first knew him, and so that's how I'll forever know him. Still, Kurama is an awesome name for him. And Yonbi's name is Son Goku?

... no comment.

Anyways, Yonbi/Son is an ass. I can't believed he laughed at Naruto for wanting to be friends with Kyuubi/Kurama. I have a feeling that what Naruto was trying to say was that he wants to be on really good terms with Kyuubi, just like B and Hachibi, which he mentioned in the chapter, but Yonbi took it the wrong way and thought he was stupid for trying to be friends with a bijuu. I guess "friends" is the wrong term to put it, because to me it does seem like a pretty childish way to put it, and Yonbi probably thought that too, so I kind of don't blame him. But still, he didn't have to be a complete ass about it. I felt really bad for Naruto.

And with that being said, I hope Naruto can help Yonbi... and that him and Kyuubi become closer smile.gif

JA2DBzd.png

#36 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

QUOTE (Fenris @ Dec 26 2011, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, Darth explained it better on the first page.

Honestly, I'm sick of all this "Kishi is following/copying DBZ." stuff. He's not. It's his own story. sleep.gif Son Goku means a hell of a lot of things, and it isn't just a reference to DBZ. =/

And just because Kishi may get inspired by DBZ, doesn't mean it will compromise NS in any way. If anything Sasuhina would have a better shot if Kishi was going for Dbz style than NH.

I'm aware that it is his own story, which is why I was partially shocked when I saw him use the name Son Goku. I wasn't aware of that name outside of DBZ, though, so now it doesn't bother me.
As for pairing style...yeah, I doubt Kishi would go as far as to base his pairings off of DBZ style at all. That'd be going a bit far, wouldn't it?

AboojTi.gif

#37 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:12 AM

QUOTE (Konohakitten @ Dec 26 2011, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought about the Thirds summon too but apparently its name was Monkey king Enma. Go figure there are more monkey kings out there :/

Enma is the Japanese name for the Buddhist god of death who judges the more evil people and sends them to various hell regions until their suffering reaches the point where it balances with the evil they did in life. The Death God Minato and Hiruzen summon has the more traditional Japanese appearance of Enma though...

I really liked the character building information in this chapter. I noticed when Kishimoto did a closer view of Mito's face this chapter you could see how Tsunade does look somewhat like her grandmother.

Edited by ciardha, 27 December 2011 - 03:36 AM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#38 Askia31

Askia31

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:32 AM

Wait..are people seriously denying it was a DBZ reference?...come on now...even Kishi said so in the Artbook. NS forums...sometime...disappoint me. dry.gif

Translation
Four-tails
The Hidden Rock Village
The concept for this bijuu was a gorilla... and also Son Goku's monkey from Dragonball. While the horns wrapping around the forehead are supposed to be like the Chinese Son Goku's halo(?). I just combined all of that together. It shoots lava from its mouth.

If it's not enough..The 4 tails is heavily based off of the Dragon Ball series. .

> The 4 Tails in reference to Goku's prized 4 Star Dragon Ball
> The beast is an ape, which is what the Saiyans transformed into during the full moon.
> It's name is Goku FFS.

The fact that the Kyuubi's name being Kurama is also interesting, considering Kurama was a Demon Fox in the popular Shonen Jump Manga Yu Yu Hakusho.

It appears that Kishi is naming the beast after previous characters in Popular Shonen manga?

Also, the name of the host is Roshi, who served as Goku's master and the one who trained him in the DB series.

Edited by Askia31, 27 December 2011 - 03:46 AM.

#39 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:39 AM

Its not like we're denying that its a DB reference, I just want to try to avoid the reference just in case there are copyright matters. And if there are no matters, then we can go ahead with the DB reference. But apparently, the DB got its inspiration from all of those mythology, so its like some sort of chain.

Edited by Anguyen92, 27 December 2011 - 03:43 AM.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#40 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:58 AM

Ok really i don't care about the DBZ reference, even if there is none. Lol.
So, he got inspiration from DBZ, it's not gonna effect NS. Like I said before, Goku ended up with a Tsundere. Tsundere's flying from the sky, tsunderes to the window, to the wall.. dry.gif
Anyway, i really don't care.

jus drein jus daun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users