65 replies to this topic

#21 Tatsumi

Tatsumi

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:42 AM

Kishi has been stated on record of saying Sakura is the most human of every Naruto character, hence my stance

that doesn't mean anything at all. she is not a real person. Lol. pointless arguement it's whatever anyways.

#22 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:03 AM

As syn11 said, it's not about making the second of two choices, it's about making the one right choice.

Also, I personally will never believe that Naruto is the second option for Sakura because I believe that she was never on love with Sasuke in the first place. Sasuke was the avenue to popularity, every girl liked him in the academy because it was the cool thing to do. She doesn't know him that well, and she doesn't understand a thing about him. Her "love" for Sasuke is much the same as Hinata's "love" for Naruto in that regard.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#23 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:Birds.

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:06 AM

This whole silver medal argument is dumb to be honest. As long as Sakura sincerely loves Naruto, who cares? It doesn't matter if she used to love Sasuke. People are allowed to fall in love twice (I wouldn't call SS love though). So if Sakura did end up with him, he wouldn't be a silver medal at all.

#24 lord287

lord287

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:16 AM

If sakura is already in love woth naruto, he won't be a silver medal but if kakashi misinterpreted what sakura meant in 693 and she actually did love love sasuke then noway naruto won't be becoming a silver medal.

REST IN PEACE

15 YEARS OF DEVELOPMENTS

#25 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:29 AM

The problem with calling Naruto "a medal" at all or Sasuke for that matter is you're looking at Love like it was a competition. It's not a race or some kind of event. They don't hold love events in the Olympics. It's people's emotions. I know you probably say that he literally isn't a silver medal, but some still see it like it is some competition. If people truly saw love like that, then they miss the true meaning of love all together.

You don't date or go out with someone because you feel you will gain some trophy. That was the entire problem with Sakura's love with Sasuke to begin with. Instead love is about being happy with someone who you know makes you happy.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 02 October 2014 - 10:09 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#26 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 02 October 2014 - 03:17 PM

The problem with calling Naruto "a medal" at all or Sasuke for that matter is you're looking at Love like it was a competition. It's not a race or some kind of event. They don't hold love events in the Olympics. It's people's emotions. I know you probably say that he literally isn't a silver medal, but some still see it like it is some competition. If people truly saw love like that, then they miss the true meaning of love all together.

You don't date or go out with someone because you feel you will gain some trophy. That was the entire problem with Sakura's love with Sasuke to begin with. Instead love is about being happy with someone who you know makes you happy.

I agree with James in this.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#27 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 04:13 PM

If you ask me, Sasuke has always been truthful, just that he does it in a blunt way. It's not like he's struggling to say or anything. He never deny that Naruto was the closest he got to be best friend. It was always Naruto throwing himself there rather than "Hey, Sasuke, I'm your best friend, right?!" Also, Sasuke only answer back that romantic love never existed with him and Sakura, even though that's not the point of her actions as stated by Kakashi. The point is he's being honest, especially since he does note that love (in general) did exist.

That said well Naruto really can't be silver medal since well, it's not that Sakura is making a decision. Silver medal would be something that when two love interest are fighting over one, only one will be the winner but due to circumstance, mainly death, the cheapest escape goat of them all. Sakura isn't struggling on who she loves. Naruto has been her priority, yet she doesn't know why or anything. That's why I don't see him as a silver medal. He's not in a race per say. If Sakura finds out her feelings and get together, that would mean Naruto has always been gold medal, since you want to go that way. The only way you can say he's silver is if Sakura said so herself, like "Sasuke left. Naruto...I want to be yours." So pretty much, there's no race. It's been on hold because we have no participants. If one shows up and only one, he's the winner by default.

#28 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:27 PM

I think you're missing my point.

Actually love can be like that. The whole "she ends up with Naruto because Sasuke is the untouchable golden chalice" is the problem.

Kishi revealed NS as endgame several times and even had her confess to him but the problem with that is even in her speech she directly said that she made it sound like Naruto was a silver medal, then 540 came around and sure didn't make anything easier.

Edited by Pepsi, 02 October 2014 - 06:28 PM.

eh10ut.jpg

#29 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:06 PM

The thing is Sasuke is back and it didn't do a 180. There's no more excuse. She got her wish (sort of) yet she's miserable. It's like if I finally got to go out with a dinner with my crush, only to find out that we have nothing in common and the one I hoped only existed in my head. The best way to make Naruto a silver medal is to have Naruto and Sasuke have equal footing as in fighting over her, Sakura equals them only one has a bigger edge (Sasuke), Sasuke dies, and then, Naruto can be silver medal. It's kittening vk kitten all over again.

#30 Syn11

Syn11

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, psychology & oriental culture.

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:13 PM

Actually love can be like that. The whole "she ends up with Naruto because Sasuke is the untouchable golden chalice" is the problem.

Kishi revealed NS as endgame several times and even had her confess to him but the problem with that is even in her speech she directly said that she made it sound like Naruto was a silver medal, then 540 came around and sure didn't make anything easier.

Sakura never told Naruto that he was her silver, golden or platinum medal. Her LOI choice was based on her want to protect him. In fact, Sakura doesn't need to choose between Sasuke or Naruto (there are always other options), but the most important thing is that... if she has to make that choice, it is Naruto, not Sasuke. 

And you're missing the point about love not being a competition. Many people have already said that. And I concur with them.    

Edited by Syn11, 02 October 2014 - 07:33 PM.

#31 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:17 PM

I know I wouldn't want to be a Silver medal if a female I love told me she loves me but she's thinking about the other boy that doesn't love her back then I would reject the female that's thinking about the other boy until she gets her mind straight on who she really loves. Then maybe I'll accept her again.

#32 Syn11

Syn11

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:32 PM

For Kami's sake, Naruto was thinking about Sakura's well-being, not about his ego... when she confessed in LOI.

#33 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:44 PM

I know I wouldn't want to be a Silver medal if a female I love told me she loves me but she's thinking about the other boy that doesn't love her back then I would reject the female that's thinking about the other boy until she gets her mind straight on who she really loves. Then maybe I'll accept her again.

would that really matter, I was thinking that silver medal bs until I realized like what others on here said it's not a race or competition it's about being with the one you love and being able to make each other happy and spending your life with that person...

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#34 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:37 PM

would that really matter, I was thinking that silver medal bs until I realized like what others on here said it's not a race or competition it's about being with the one you love and being able to make each other happy and spending your life with that person...

Still I mean Sakura has to wake up and smell the coffee and realize that her love for Sasuke was false and Naruto was the one for her now I know Naruto wouldn't like it if he was the silver medal because if Naruto saw right through on what Sakura is thinking then of course he would leave her until she gets her mind straight.

#35 Crow T Robot

Crow T Robot

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:41 PM

Sakura never told Naruto that he was her silver, golden or platinum medal. Her LOI choice was based on her want to protect him. In fact, Sakura doesn't need to choose between Sasuke or Naruto (there are always other options), but the most important thing is that... if she has to make that choice, it is Naruto, not Sasuke. 

The problem with both of these arguments is that they are contradicted by chapter 540. Sakura acknowledges Naruto as the better choice but even then, with seeing Sasuke as a villain and Naruto as a hero and acknowledging her feelings for both of them...the one she still wants to be with is Sasuke.

il_340x270.597674861_fqyl.jpg

#36 Syn11

Syn11

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:55 PM

The problem with both of these arguments is that they are contradicted by chapter 540. Sakura acknowledges Naruto as the better choice but even then, with seeing Sasuke as a villain and Naruto as a hero and acknowledging her feelings for both of them...the one she still wants to be with is Sasuke.

You don't know that. Ch. 693 and 540 don't state that Sakura wants to be with Sasuke in the romantic sense. On the contrary, many things point out that she doesn't see Sasuke as a future life partner. Sakura may be stubborn, but she's not a complete fool to dedicate herself to the fruitless love which has no ground whatsoever. It is anything (care, the need to be acknowleded, pity and so on), but love between a man and a woman.  

#37 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:58 PM

Still I mean Sakura has to wake up and smell the coffee and realize that her love for Sasuke was false and Naruto was the one for her now I know Naruto wouldn't like it if he was the silver medal because if Naruto saw right through on what Sakura is thinking then of course he would leave her until she gets her mind straight.

I don't think Naruto was even thinking of the silver medal thing, he was doing it for Sakura-Chan because he loves her and doesn't want her to lie to herself and be unhappy...

&Crow T how do you know that? She outright told Naruto in the fake confession that's she's willing to be with him. She hasn't told Sasuke that recently even in 693... Like Syn said it is anything but true love...

Edited by Illnevergiveup3, 02 October 2014 - 09:00 PM.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#38 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:09 PM

Then that is not true love. True love never was and never will be a competition. Like I said, if you truly think that, then you don;t know what true love means.

It's only a competition because you make it a competition. That's all. Your whole philosophy isn't who makes Sakura the happiest, but rather who crosses the finish line first.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 02 October 2014 - 09:10 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#39 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:22 PM

Pepsi are you trying to play Devil's Advocate or are you seriously trying to be dense about this subject? You make a "Naruto is not a Silver Medal thread" then make claims against the people who agree he isn't

Edited by MangaReader, 02 October 2014 - 09:22 PM.

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#40 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:31 PM

What SS fans say: Sakura loves Sasuke and wants to be with him Sasuke also loves her too that's all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users