CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Nov 11 2011, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You like Shino?

Yes. I wish he had more of a role in the story. I always thought he was interesting, especially in his fights against Zaku and Kankuro.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#22 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Nov 11 2011, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which I would prefer that after the manga ends. I would love if another studio gets the rights of Naruto to make a different series (one that has all character in their respective canon personalities as well as giving more development to the heroine).

Yeah, I wouldn't have much faith in Pierrot doing justice to such a filler. They've shortchanged Sakura in much the same way the first animators of FMA did Winry. Look how much better FMA Brotherhood did with Winry's part.

I think it would be best for Kishimoto and Jump to end the contract with Pierrot and offer the rights to another studio with the stipulation that the adaption must follow manga canon as much as possible. That Sakura must be written as the series main female character and heroine, any fillers must fit with manga canon....
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#23 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Nov 12 2011, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I wouldn't have much faith in Pierrot doing justice to such a filler. They've shortchanged Sakura in much the same way the first animators of FMA did Winry. Look how much better FMA Brotherhood did with Winry's part.

I think it would be best for Kishimoto and Jump to end the contract with Pierrot and offer the rights to another studio with the stipulation that the adaption must follow manga canon as much as possible. That Sakura must be written as the series main female character and heroine, any fillers must fit with manga canon....

Can Kishi yell at Pierrot and tell them they are fired if they don't make what he wants?

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#24 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Lover @ Nov 12 2011, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can Kishi yell at Pierrot and tell them they are fired if they don't make what he wants?

We only hope, but we never know for certain my friend.

JA2DBzd.png

#25 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:53 AM

QUOTE (Konan-chan @ Nov 11 2011, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want this to happen. Do you know how much misinterpretations there has been due to the fact that Periot has brainwashed innocent fans? A lot.

No kidding, even a fair number of people who call themselves narusaku shippers- as one can see from all the so called "narusaku" fanfic that uses the most Sakura hating fan image- something that comes directly out of a more extreme version of the negative anime distortion of Sakura's character.

The anime has been very corrosive to the fans perception of Sakura's character. And that includes the so called narusaku scene in 235 that wasn't. It actually negatively distorted the whole arc that they completed before the fillers started- planting in viewers minds that Sakura lied about being in love with Naruto, rather than what was in the manga- Sakura is absolutely romantically in love with Naruto, not even Naruto is in denial about that. Even in 470 he appears to accept the reality of her feelings for him, he just basically decides that Sakura is in love with both himself and Sasuke- note his reactions

The whole denial issue was Sakura telling herself that she had removed any feelings about Sasuke whatsoever from herself, something she got a painful slap of reality when she faced Sasuke. It's a painful and depressing thing she's dealing with- the memory of her onesided crush and memories of Sasuke, at his best- the person on Team 7 that was someone who wasn't on a single-minded vengeance trip due to Naruto's influence, and feeling shame that she could still carry those feelings for a person who has willingly and enthusiastically jumped into the deepest darkness of hatred fueled violence to a complete sociopathic psychosis.

She carries some self-loathing (but she keeps it hidden and doesn't let it interfere with her work or battles) because it makes her feel like she's still the pathetically weak person she judged herself as in part 1 (then strongly negatively influenced by Sasuke's ripping her down for how "useless" she was several times in part 1.) plus it makes her feel like something is wrong with her to still feel the remnants of the emotional associated with those memories.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#26 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:37 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Nov 12 2011, 04:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No kidding, even a fair number of people who call themselves narusaku shippers- as one can see from all the so called "narusaku" fanfic that uses the most Sakura hating fan image- something that comes directly out of a more extreme version of the negative anime distortion of Sakura's character.

The anime has been very corrosive to the fans perception of Sakura's character. And that includes the so called narusaku scene in 235 that wasn't. It actually negatively distorted the whole arc that they completed before the fillers started- planting in viewers minds that Sakura lied about being in love with Naruto, rather than what was in the manga- Sakura is absolutely romantically in love with Naruto, not even Naruto is in denial about that. Even in 470 he appears to accept the reality of her feelings for him, he just basically decides that Sakura is in love with both himself and Sasuke- note his reactions
The whole denial issue was Sakura telling herself that she had removed any feelings about Sasuke whatsoever from herself, something she got a painful slap of reality when she faced Sasuke. It's a painful and depressing thing she's dealing with- the memory of her onesided crush and memories of Sasuke, at his best- the person on Team 7 that was someone who wasn't on a single-minded vengeance trip due to Naruto's influence, and feeling shame that she could still carry those feelings for a person who has willingly and enthusiastically jumped into the deepest darkness of hatred fueled violence to a complete sociopathic psychosis.

She carries some self-loathing (but she keeps it hidden and doesn't let it interfere with her work or battles) because it makes her feel like she's still the pathetically weak person she judged herself as in part 1 (then strongly negatively influenced by Sasuke's ripping her down for how "useless" she was several times in part 1.) plus it makes her feel like something is wrong with her to still feel the remnants of the emotional associated with those memories.

where does he accept it?

2XtVwF6.png

#27 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Lover @ Nov 12 2011, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
where does he accept it?

I think she meant chapter 474 when Sai told him everything.

JA2DBzd.png

#28 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:11 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Lover @ Nov 11 2011, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Speaking of development to Sakura, why hasn't Sakura started turning into a complete copy of Kushina or Tsuande? I mean, Naruto is turning into someone like Minato or Jiraya, and Sasuke is turning into more like Madara or something, so why hasn't the heroine changed as much as them? I think Sakura needs to also learn some crazy healing justu, like Tsuande has, because I'm tired of her being in the background, heroine characters needs to be the frontline at the end parts of the anime. rawr.gif

edit: isn't this off topic?

I guess it is, but I just wanted to point out one thing. Maybe Sakura will grow more after Tsunade's death. As long as she still has a master I think she can't grow and surpass her. That's what happened to Naruto, at least.

#29 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (ChidoriLuv @ Nov 12 2011, 01:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think she meant chapter 474 when Sai told him everything.

That and in chapter 470 when Sakura made it clear she was being absolutely dead serious about being in love with Naruto. His expression and attitude is: "Okay, I believe you that you love me, I'm just wondering why you came out now to tell me this... and your self-delusion about being completely over Sasuke is really irritating..."

#30 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Nov 12 2011, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That and in chapter 470 when Sakura made it clear she was being absolutely dead serious about being in love with Naruto. His expression and attitude is: "Okay, I believe you that you love me, I'm just wondering why you came out now to tell me this... and your self-delusion about being completely over Sasuke is really irritating..."

Bolded that particular statement because I don't really see where he shows that he believes her, although I understand the rest of his reaction. But then again it's probably a subtle hint that's easier to notice if you look a little deeper than what's been given to you. When I first read 470 I initially took it as if he didn't believe her at all until 474.

/On topic with thread topic: So this is a Shino centric episode. But you know who needs more development?

TENTEN. She's almost like Mail Jeevas from Death Note in terms of screen time. At least in the next eppie she'll be getting some of that spotlight.

JA2DBzd.png

#31 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (ChidoriLuv @ Nov 12 2011, 07:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bolded that particular statement because I don't really see where he shows that he believes her, although I understand the rest of his reaction. But then again it's probably a subtle hint that's easier to notice if you look a little deeper than what's been given to you. When I first read 470 I initially took it as if he didn't believe her at all until 474.

His expression after she gets mad and is very firm in her feelings for Naruto. It's his "okay, I believe it." expression. What makes it less joyous than it would have otherwise been- (ie see the blushing happy first reaction to her first unseen and simple "I love you" before she brings up Sasuke with the repeat statement.) is that he knows she's deluding herself about being completely over Sasuke.

#32 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Nov 13 2011, 03:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
His expression after she gets mad and is very firm in her feelings for Naruto. It's his "okay, I believe it." expression. What makes it less joyous than it would have otherwise been- (ie see the blushing happy first reaction to her first unseen and simple "I love you" before she brings up Sasuke with the repeat statement.) is that he knows she's deluding herself about being completely over Sasuke.

Well I guess it's a bit hard for me to notice, because he looks a little agitated. But thanks for clearing that up.

QUOTE (Konan-chan @ Nov 13 2011, 07:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A Hinata centric episode, a Konohamaru centric episode, a Shino centric episode and next is a TenTen centric episode? Wow. They must really dislike Sakura.
P.S Tenten is one of my favourites and she deserves more screentime (I think she's really intersting) but if I see Periot trying to force the idea of her being Tsunade's second pupil, I will ditch the episode. facepalm.png

BUT TENTEN BE NEEDING THE TROO LAAAB! argh1.png

I guess it would be weird for her to become another medic-nin. But at least we actually get some Tenten biggrin.gif [I think the Hinata's eppie was kind of irrelevant for some reason mellow.gif]

JA2DBzd.png

#33 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:17 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Nov 11 2011, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes. I wish he had more of a role in the story. I always thought he was interesting, especially in his fights against Zaku and Kankuro.

No doubt no doubt cool.gif

QUOTE (ciardha @ Nov 11 2011, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well we can't do anything about it. It's a fact of anime: when they do fillers you CAN EXPECT it to be out of character and full of nonsense though not necessarily all the time. Point is, fillers are supposed to stall so the manga can get a lead, not actually to be "good or well thought out" rolleyes.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 13 November 2011 - 03:19 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#34 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:06 AM

Wow, both the manga and the anime are taking a break this week. That's a random coincidence, I wonder if they planned that out.

Oh well, it's not like this current filler arc is that interesting anyway. These auto-conclusive episodes get old really fast. I hope the next canon arc starts soon. happy.gif

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#35 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Nov 18 2011, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, both the manga and the anime are taking a break this week. That's a random coincidence, I wonder if they planned that out.

Oh well, it's not like this current filler arc is that interesting anyway. These auto-conclusive episodes get old really fast. I hope the next canon arc starts soon. happy.gif

One week break = one week later in reaching the canon arc. shamefulcry0js.gif

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#36 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Nov 18 2011, 03:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One week break = one week later in reaching the canon arc. shamefulcry0js.gif

One week longer in reaching the "see who Tobi is" moment. shamefulcry0js.gif

2XtVwF6.png

#37 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (Kim @ Nov 18 2011, 12:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't care about seeing it in the anime, I just want to find out a.s.a.p.! eager.gif

Same her I want to see the face behind the mask biggrin.gif

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users