84 replies to this topic

#21 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE (Pite @ Feb 9 2009, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Most of those companies will probably go under Chapter 11 Reorg. Only a few might decide for a Chapter7 Liquidation. So even if they decide to bankrupt we'll still see them around. I mean Circut City chose Chapter 7 and is still around (till some time next month though)

Circuit City may have gone a different route, but it couldn't find a buyer. It's been getting creamed by Wal-Mart (cheapter prices) and Best Buy (better service). The recession may have killed it off, but I don't think even it good times it was doing very well.

#22 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:47 PM

I half expected Chrysler. With the Auto Industry going further down the drain, I might be out of a job after I graduate. D:

#23 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:17 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Feb 10 2009, 05:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Circuit City may have gone a different route, but it couldn't find a buyer. It's been getting creamed by Wal-Mart (cheapter prices) and Best Buy (better service). The recession may have killed it off, but I don't think even it good times it was doing very well.

Well right now I'm plannig my way to attack the nearest Circut City so it good for me that no one bought it XD.

At least the govn't didn't bailout that guy.
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#24 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,846 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (Pite @ Feb 13 2009, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well right now I'm plannig my way to attack the nearest Circut City so it good for me that no one bought it XD.

At least the govn't didn't bailout that guy.

Yes. Get those flatscreens, computer accessories, cameras and video games for a cheap liquidation price while you're at it. tongue.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#25 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:25 PM

Krispy Kreme donuts are 50 times better than anything Dunkin Donuts has to offer so that sucks big time.
\

#26 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:30 AM

Blockbuster really feels like the last of the Mohicans at this point. I can't even find a rental store here in Upstate New York anymore. Blockbuster was the last one and that one closed up a couple months ago.

I was more or less forced to use an online mail delivery service if I wanted my rentals. Sure it's convenient, but without a physical store I'm unable to rent games either now unless I open up an account with an all games online rental service which I might not even use enough to justify it. Groan.

QUOTE (Kurosaki Ichigo @ Feb 9 2009, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thankfully Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo's not in the list.

I kind of wish Nintendo was, but that's really just me being bitter over feeling swindled by them.

The world would arguably be better off if Microsoft at least was forced to massively downsize because of a recession. That one is not me being bitter. More along the lines of my thoughts that things would be better in a lot of ways if Microsoft didn't have a stranglehold on a lot of things.

Edited by dl316bh, 16 February 2009 - 07:34 AM.

bd5.jpg

#27 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,846 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:29 PM

I think the reason why Blockbuster is near closing down immediately is because of Netflixx is outshining the movie rental competion. They're doing online rentaling plus they are currently teamed up with Microsoft for the 360 NXE. That move boost up their sells.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#28 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:38 PM

That's a shame. I love the convenience of online rental services, honestly. But the physical buildings meant I could pretty much rent most types of media at once. I do honestly miss that. I used to have a Mister Movie nearby that I'd rent games from all the time before they ended up shutting down about two years ago.
bd5.jpg

#29 Kirby

Kirby

Kirby ain't hungry right now.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Manga, TV, Reading, Tromboning, Kirby (their vaccuum cleaners are AWESOME &lt;3

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:55 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! NOT SIX FLAGS! ANYTHING BUT SIX FLAGS! ALL THE OTHER LAME AMUSEMENT PARKS DON'T HAVE ENOUGH FLAGS! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

My cousin'll be depressed about Claire's, though. Any why were people talking about Border's. Its not on that list
. Don't Press the red button

#30 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 09:30 AM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Feb 13 2009, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Krispy Kreme donuts are 50 times better than anything Dunkin Donuts has to offer so that sucks big time.

If you want, check out Indonesia. it has a famous Donut store called J.CO it's just as good as KK.
& I'm glad BK's not going down.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#31 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:04 PM

NO MORE GOOD MALL PIZZA?! D:

baaaaaaaaaaaaw ;o;

and i knew of circuit city and blockbuster XDDD my sister's getting a cheap tv from CC so that's good for her 8Db and blockbuster.... D:

...well i only get the movies i can't have enough patience to hold out till the torrent is finished bare to see without it being it's official dvd quality (BWAHHA) and that's it from BB =/ i dont get the games there cos EVERYTHING I HAVE IS OBSOLETE NAO arg.gif

and ughhhhhh six flags? it's astroworld all over again... Dx

#32 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (krisk @ Feb 21 2009, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NO MORE GOOD MALL PIZZA?! D:

baaaaaaaaaaaaw ;o;

and i knew of circuit city and blockbuster XDDD my sister's getting a cheap tv from CC so that's good for her 8Db and blockbuster.... D:

...well i only get the movies i can't have enough patience to hold out till the torrent is finished bare to see without it being it's official dvd quality (BWAHHA) and that's it from BB =/ i dont get the games there cos EVERYTHING I HAVE IS OBSOLETE NAO arg.gif

and ughhhhhh six flags? it's astroworld all over again... Dx

Dude, but what about Krispy Kreme? Aren't they like ur fave donuts EVER as well, and they're going outta business as well ;_;

#33 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Feb 21 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude, but what about Krispy Kreme? Aren't they like ur fave donuts EVER as well, and they're going outta business as well ;_;

xDDD i like any donut, shaunama

BUT I FEEL UR PAINS ;-; it's like losing a memory amirite baaaaw

#34 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Feb 21 2009, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They were my favorite donut place ever.
;_;

#35 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (Kurosaki Ichigo @ Feb 21 2009, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They were my favorite donut place ever.
;_;

True dat, my friend ;_; a_comfort.gif

I think that Krispy and Six Flags are the ones that I'm gonna be saddest to see go sleep.gif

#36 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Feb 21 2009, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
True dat, my friend ;_; a_comfort.gif

I think that Krispy and Six Flags are the ones that I'm gonna be saddest to see go sleep.gif

I never went to Six Flags.
:/

#37 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Video games, and band.

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:15 PM

Krispy Kreme sell alright donuts but they are not the best. Not by a long shot. The local donut shops around here are beating the Hell out of Krispy Kreme. So I won't be sad if they go.
Spock it, lock it, rocket, explode it, reload it.

#38 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:12 AM

I find it a little funny how they say that Sbarro might not make it and yet they're opening a store on campus. I kind of expected Blockbuster seeing as almost all the Blockbusters in my area are closed down so that only one remains (not sure how long though). I'm also not sure about Hollywood Video... never go there so I don't know of its status. But no! Rite-aid? That's where I go to get my cheap ice-cream fixes! DX Bah... I can't say much about Claire's though... haven't been there in years. o-o

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#39 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:23 AM

I like Dunkin better, but we don't have any here. Krispy Kreme's glazed when they're hot are the best donuts around IMO, but they lose a lot when they cool down. And I can see why they'd be less popular for people that don't have a high tolerance for sugar. I think that Krispy Kreme should manage to hold on though. Donuts are supposed to be fairly recession proof or so I heard. The debt load from the over-expansion is the real problem so I guess it'll depend on whether they can get some help from their creditors.

I thought that CVS acquired Eckerd. That's what replaced our Eckerd's in Tallahassee. I guess Rite Aid sold those stores to CVS instead.

I like Six Flags over Georgia (the only one that I've been to). I wouldn't miss it tons if it closed down since I haven't been there in years. (I haven't been to Disney in years either.) But it's nice to have alternatives to Disney and places that aren't in southern California or the central Florida.

Sbarro? Meh. I could care less if they go down. Whenever I've gotten their pizza, it tastes like it was cooked hours ago.

Blockbuster? Count me among the surprised that it's lasted as long as it has. I'm not quite sure why it hasn't managed to switch over to being on online retailer, but I suspect that it's the sheer number of brick-and-mortar stores that they have is weighing them down.

#40 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:36 AM

Considering I am about 20 miles away from the original Six Flags Over Texas, I demand, that we the fans go and buy a season pass for this next summer and try to save this comapany! I will be sad not to ride the awesome Texas Titan, flip around on the Batman ride or break my back and get whiplash on the wooden Texas Giant. (okay maybe not that last one... tongue.gif )

Still ain't buying a Coke from them though, damn 3 dollars a 20oz bottle, pfhht.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users