• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#21 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:20 PM

Season 3 has really been living up to my expectations so far, and the guest cast is most excellent as well. Chuck easily takes the place as my favourite TV show, and by a good margin.
As much as I abhor Kristen Kreuk after Street Fighter and her exit in Smallville, she's doing a swell job as Chuck's newest love interest. He's a player now, isn't he smile.gif

#22 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:23 AM

Yeah I'm a week late, but I just had to say

OH FFFF YEAH PAULIE!!! My inner Sopranos fanboy just went nuts. I couldn't stop smiling cause it was great to see him on tv again. He still has his wings!!

I'm sad to see Kristen Kreuk leave sad.gif What the hell was up with that quick get together and breakup? The writers really should have fleshed it out more instead of a quickie with Chuck getting with another girl.

And today's episode was great, easily one of the best of the season. Just all around funny and cheery. Made up for the previous episode (though seeing Paulie was freaking AWESOME).

#23 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:55 PM

Looks like we'll see less of Captain Awesome and his lovely wife soon, or perhaps they'll have adventures in the wild? Anyway, I'm so glad Morgan finally found out. Seriously, that's the one thing that should have happened way earlier, and he's one of my favourite characters. Just the way he took out the final boss in the new episode was probably as good a moment as "Guys... I know kung-fu"!

#24 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:45 AM

sad.gif Casey T_T

JLHza2T.png

#25 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 07:24 PM

I'm sure it won't stick, and it was a great way to develop a main character at this point. Also, this means Chuck has to step up his game, so I think the new episode was superb.

#26 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:18 PM

The season finale was most excellent. I can honestly say that I believe season 3 to be the best season yet, and I'm just happy we're getting a new season as well. I guess the TV-penguins decided it wouldn't be too smart to cancel ALL their shows, and Chuck probably has the most loyal fanbase of any show on the air now.

[spoiler]I ended up liking Shaw better as a villain, because he really made me want to punch him in the face. Especially for killing off Orion, as he was my new favorite character. I'm not sure we have seen the last of him though, just as I'm expecting Bryce Larkin to come back from the dead next season.
And Chuck's mom is a super high-up spy? Not really surprised, but I have to say I want her to eat a fistfull of intersect kung-fu for being a bi*ch. I guess being a spy really does lie in Chuck's blood, because now we know both his parents are/were superspies. I'm also happy to see Casey's daughter become a part of the cast as well, as I would really love to see his character develop even more. He has been Chuckified to the point where he's not a bear you just abruptly woke up from his slumber, as he's more like... a bear you woke three years ago from his slumber. I love the cast, I love the writers for not sucking and making a crap show (coughHeroescough) and for managing to keep us waiting in suspense for yet another season of my absolute favourite TV-show.

I love this show.

#27 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 06:02 PM

Chuck is just amazing. I have watched only season 1 though

#28 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:51 PM

Okay guys, the season premiere has been released online, and it's time to bring this thread back to life. First of all, it's been known for a long time that Linda Hamilton would play Chuck's mom, but this is the first time we saw her in action. With Dolph Lundgren topping the list of episode one, I'd say the new season is already setting the bar for the season pretty high. The dynamic duo (Chuck and Morgan) works perfectly as always, and the sexting-scenes were just perfectly pulled of.

With the Buy More rebuilt, the old crew has yet to make their first appearance. Remember that the news reported a manhunt for Jeff and Lester at the end of season 3, so they're on the run somewhere. How do you think that will play out in the new season? Will Big Mike return (yes, he will)? And finally, how the heck will Greta work out, when there's a new Greta every episode? The Old Spice-guy will be one of the new Greta's, so we'll see.

I can't wait for the next episode, and once more... I love Chuck.

#29 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 01:10 AM

*Bump*

New Chuck is out, and I have to say... this season is looking good so far. I'm really enjoying this new Buy More hierarchy and the relationship between Chuck and Sarah. I'm happy to see Big Mike return as well, as he's one of my favorite characters (although, they all are my fav characters at some point). I found the scene where Sarah kicks open the vent oddly sexy as well... strange.

#30 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 03:18 AM

Awesome episode though concerning the last couple minutes a more appropriate episode title would be Chuck vs. the ring. Wasn't that the season 2 or 3 finale name?

Edit: Never mind.....Just read the name of the episode and it's just as fitting lol. Other then that yes I'm also glad to see Big Mike return he was always a favorite.

Edited by Muffins?, 06 October 2010 - 03:21 AM.

JLHza2T.png

#31 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (Muffins? @ Oct 5 2010, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome episode though concerning the last couple minutes a more appropriate episode title would be Chuck vs. the ring. Wasn't that the season 2 or 3 finale name?

Edit: Never mind.....Just read the name of the episode and it's just as fitting lol. Other then that yes I'm also glad to see Big Mike return he was always a favorite.

Does anyone on this forum still watch it? I mean I have to say even with the season coming to an end. Season 3 was by far much better than Season 4. I mean Daniel Shaw is a much better villain than Volkov.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#32 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ Apr 16 2011, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone on this forum still watch it? I mean I have to say even with the season coming to an end. Season 3 was by far much better than Season 4. I mean Daniel Shaw is a much better villain than Volkov.

I still watch it and yeah Shaw was a better villain but hopefully Volkoff 2.0 will be better.

JLHza2T.png

#33 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:31 PM

Oh my, someone's going to get her evil ass kicked in the next episode.

God, I love this show!

#34 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:12 AM

Don't spoil it for me -- still have it TiVoed and waiting for the opportunity to watch it. (or rather, if you do want to post spoilers, use the spoiler tag, at least)

This season, I've actually found it a lot easier to watch by bundling up several episodes in a row (through TiVo) and watching them all at once, though I caught last weeks. Dunno why, just seems to be better that way.

Non-spoiler (as long as you saw Season 3, which I would hope everyone who clicked on this thread has), but just speculation that last weeks episode reminded me of: I still think Chuck's father might be alive. He was shot right outside the then-just-discovered "Bring Recently Dead Guy Back To Life" machine, for crying out loud -- what are the chances that tool isn't going to be used?

I'm not the only one thinking this, right?

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#35 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE (desaix @ May 10 2011, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't spoil it for me -- still have it TiVoed and waiting for the opportunity to watch it. (or rather, if you do want to post spoilers, use the spoiler tag, at least)

This season, I've actually found it a lot easier to watch by bundling up several episodes in a row (through TiVo) and watching them all at once, though I caught last weeks. Dunno why, just seems to be better that way.

Non-spoiler (as long as you saw Season 3, which I would hope everyone who clicked on this thread has), but just speculation that last weeks episode reminded me of: I still think Chuck's father might be alive. He was shot right outside the then-just-discovered "Bring Recently Dead Guy Back To Life" machine, for crying out loud -- what are the chances that tool isn't going to be used?

It's a good theory. And I'm not sure about Orion being alive. It was nice to see Shaw come back to life as he is one of my favorite villains of all time, but Orion coming back would be a big disappointment I think.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#36 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (desaix @ May 11 2011, 04:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't see how that was a spoiler, but I'm sorry if you feel like I said too much. I'll be more careful in the future.

#37 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE (Vyse @ May 11 2011, 08:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't see how that was a spoiler, but I'm sorry if you feel like I said too much. I'll be more careful in the future.

You didn't use a spoiler -- I was just pre-empting any possible spoilers when I posted my other thoughts. biggrin.gif

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#38 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:33 PM

Aha, I see. ^^

Well, in other news, Chuck has been renewed for another season.
As usual, the network orders 13 episodes at the very last minute..

More info here.

#39 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (Vyse @ May 12 2011, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aha, I see. ^^

Well, in other news, Chuck has been renewed for another season.
As usual, the network orders 13 episodes at the very last minute..

More info here.

Wow. I know it's a "oh, not another last-minute renewal" thing, but isn't this the first time they ordered a new season before the previous season had finished airing?

Of course, looking at the rest of the surviving NBC line-up (is there anything else that survived?), it might almost be called a miracle that Chuck's still around.

I wonder if they plan to pair it with the upcoming Wonder Woman revival -- I don't see how you can't make a series like WW (at least, using the costume designs they've shown) and have it not be campy enough to match Chuck (though whether it will be campy in a good way, like Chuck, or campy in a bad way, like most series that are intentionally campy, I dunno), so pairing them together -- at least to start with -- might make some sense.

Edit: Evidently not, since they apparently just cancelled the Wonder Woman revival. They also announced that this will be the final season for Chuck. Honestly (having finally seen the last few episodes) I'm thinking I would be more or less fine with how it ended, already, but I'll gladly take a 13-episode 'tie up the loose ends' season.

Edited by desaix, 17 May 2011 - 04:12 AM.

-Tonbo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users