#21 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Sep 28 2011, 08:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, wait, with this guy defeated, the only zombies left are from the former hosts, right?

I looked at the list of resurrected zombies on Narutopedia (it's this page, the "Resurrected by Kabuto") last week, and there's still few that haven't been shown being sealed up. I'm too lazy to post the list I made again, but other than the Six Paths of Tobi, there's Chiyo, Kimimoro, Chukichi, six of the Kiri swordsman, Hizashi, Dan, Pakura, Gari, and maybe a few others.

I'm kind of confused about a few of them though. I've heard that all of the Akatsuki have been sealed away, but I don't remember what happened to Kakuzu or Deidara. The last I remember, Kakuzu was mocking Team 10, and Deidara was complaining about being stuck in Kankuro's puppet.
Oh well, maybe we'll find out later. When this war started, I had a fanfic-ish scenario in my head of Hidan returning and fighting against Kakuzu. Maybe something along the lines of Edo Tensei being a sin against Jashin (can zombies feel pain?), or just Hidan really wanting to fight him. It probably won't happen, but part of me's hoping to see Kakuzu again for that sole reason. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Paptala @ Sep 28 2011, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It doesn't look like that prediction of Naruto heading towards Sakura is true, because it looked pretty clearly that Naruto was heading with Temari's group over to where Gaara was at.

Yeah, it looks like Naruto stayed with that part of the army. So I think it's more likely that the original poster of that spoiler was just trolling (unless SJ makes spoilers for chapters weeks ahead of time, which I find unlikely).

I think there's a decent chance Naruto might head to the medic-camp though. Next chapter, he'll probably see that his friend, Gaara, was able to handle things on his own, so maybe he'll realize that his friends can handle the rest of the zombies without him.
I'm not sure why he would head over the medic-camp though. Maybe he'll hear about the White Zetsu infestation, and go there since he's got special Zetsu tracking skills. Or maybe he'll just pass out from chakra exhaustation finally.

I'm not sure if we'll see that next chapter though. Judging by the subtitle at the end, it seems like a Lee or Guy fight is coming. Maybe a Lee/Kimimaro re-match? Hopefully, we'll see where Naruto is going next chapter, I suppose the only real options are: medic-camp (gets to see Sakura wink.gif ), forest (gets to see Kakashi/Sai/Lee), beach (gets to see everyone else), or wherever the heck Madara or Sasuke are.

Edited by Boom...Winning, 28 September 2011 - 11:55 PM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#22 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Sep 28 2011, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm kind of confused about a few of them though. I've heard that all of the Akatsuki have been sealed away, but I don't remember what happened to Kakuzu or Deidara. The last I remember, Kakuzu was mocking Team 10, and Deidara was complaining about being stuck in Kankuro's puppet.

I'm not sure if we'll see that next chapter though. Judging by the subtitle at the end, it seems like a Lee or Guy fight is coming. Maybe a Lee/Kimimaro re-match?

I'm not sure about Deidara, but Kakuzu was shown crushed under Chouza's palm quite a few chapters ago. So looks like they skipped his fight. Yaaaay dry.gif

A Lee/Kimimaro rematch?...that...would be...AWESOME!

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#23 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:35 AM

So...where are they getting this "Power of Youth" feeling? Most likely, Naruto'll see Gaara all right, chat a bit, then move on to another battlefield.

#24 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:06 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Sep 28 2011, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not sure about Deidara, but Kakuzu was shown crushed under Chouza's palm quite a few chapters ago. So looks like they skipped his fight. Yaaaay dry.gif

Wow, really? Kakuzu wasn't necessarily my favorite villain, but that's sort of a lame way to get rid of him. His first death was so epic, and yet all it takes to deal with him now is Chouji's dad crushing him? Too bad Chouji didn't/couldn't become a giant fighting against him the first time, if that's all it takes, LOL. Though, to be fair, I guess I remember Ten-ten fighting a few of these Hollow-looking things that house his hearts, and those two random Chuunin that appear occasionally cutting him across the chest, so I guess he was probably severely weakened.

If he is done, hopefully the anime extends his fight a little, or just gives us a more conclusive ending for him. To be honest, that's one of the things I'm looking forward to when the anime gets to the war arc. Some of the war scenes in the manga are so hectic, I sometimes can't keep track of what's going on, or at least it doesn't leave an impression after I read the chapter. I guess, if some of these zombies are supposed to be sealed up already, it'd be nice to see some extended filler on when/how it happened.

Of course, I say I'm hoping for War filler right now, but I'm sure I'll be complaining if/when they subject us to a multi-episode Hinata fight against some randomly epic OC. argh1.png

Edited by Boom...Winning, 29 September 2011 - 02:10 AM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#25 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE (naruto-z @ Sep 28 2011, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where's Naruto heading next? --Click here to view--
Did anyone else find "power of youth" ending as a soon to come piece? I mean I am very excited to see where Naruto (manga) heads next but there's just a slight chance that we're heading into another random fight

power of youth brings me directly to Lee, and I don't recall seeing him in the battlefield yet, or maybe I forgot.

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#26 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE (NaruSaku1 @ Sep 28 2011, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
power of youth brings me directly to Lee, and I don't recall seeing him in the battlefield yet, or maybe I forgot.

Lee!!!!!! biggrin.gif I hope it's Lee!

AboojTi.gif

#27 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:02 AM

dangit..i hope naruto heads to sakura, then sakura and naruto head back out to the battle field together.

its about time we see the heroine out there getting her deserved panel-time....i mean come on!!

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#28 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Sep 29 2011, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, really? Kakuzu wasn't necessarily my favorite villain, but that's sort of a lame way to get rid of him. His first death was so epic, and yet all it takes to deal with him now is Chouji's dad crushing him? Too bad Chouji didn't/couldn't become a giant fighting against him the first time, if that's all it takes, LOL. Though, to be fair, I guess I remember Ten-ten fighting a few of these Hollow-looking things that house his hearts, and those two random Chuunin that appear occasionally cutting him across the chest, so I guess he was probably severely weakened.

If he is done, hopefully the anime extends his fight a little, or just gives us a more conclusive ending for him. To be honest, that's one of the things I'm looking forward to when the anime gets to the war arc. Some of the war scenes in the manga are so hectic, I sometimes can't keep track of what's going on, or at least it doesn't leave an impression after I read the chapter. I guess, if some of these zombies are supposed to be sealed up already, it'd be nice to see some extended filler on when/how it happened.

Of course, I say I'm hoping for War filler right now, but I'm sure I'll be complaining if/when they subject us to a multi-episode Hinata fight against some randomly epic OC. argh1.png

Actually, it was Chouji, not his dad. His dad fought Dan.

BTW, I don't think anyone's noticed but Naruto isn't in RM right now, So I'm guessing next chapter we'll see Oonoki's reaction to finding out Naruto's real identity. The poor old man, as if his aching back wasn't enough, he's going to get a heart attack soon.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#29 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Sep 28 2011, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, it was Chouji, not his dad. His dad fought Dan.

BTW, I don't think anyone's noticed but Naruto isn't in RM right now, So I'm guessing next chapter we'll see Oonoki's reaction to finding out Naruto's real identity. The poor old man, as if his aching back wasn't enough, he's going to get a heart attack soon.

But..doesn't Oonoki already know that Naruto is the nine-tails jinchuuriki?

AboojTi.gif

#30 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:25 AM

And I'd like to see the Naruto-Sakura meeting so that people will stop talking about it. That would be glorious.

I mean, I know we're in a NaruSaku site, but there IS a plot happenin' here. That currently doesn't hinge upon Naruto and Sakura meeting. Not yet.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 29 September 2011 - 03:27 AM.

#31 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Sep 28 2011, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I'd like to see the Naruto-Sakura meeting so that people will stop talking about it. That would be glorious.

I mean, I know we're in a NaruSaku site, but there IS a plot happenin' here. That currently doesn't hinge upon Naruto and Sakura meeting. Not yet.

Agreed 100%. It's getting on my nerves a bit too.

AboojTi.gif

#32 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:44 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Sep 29 2011, 03:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

is that so....well whether i like narusaku or not has nothing to do with how annoyed i am at these little fights. i dont care about the mizukage, i wanna see a fight that means something!

with a zombie we kinda know!! (whichever are left) i dont see how fighting the mizukage will affect the plot.......but thats just me.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#33 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:56 AM

I liked it happy.gif butI don't really care about the Mizukage since I don't see his back story tongue.gif

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#34 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:59 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Sep 28 2011, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, it looks like Naruto stayed with that part of the army. So I think it's more likely that the original poster of that spoiler was just trolling (unless SJ makes spoilers for chapters weeks ahead of time, which I find unlikely).

The person that posted about that spoiler on Narutofan is one of the more vocal Sakura bashers so it's probably not a troll.

There have been several instances of SJ jumping the gun on Naruto spoilers by around 2-4 weeks during part 2 of the manga. My guess is Kishimoto gives his editor a few line summaries of the upcoming chapters before he draws them, and what happens when something is delayed is that Kishimoto gets a bit more caught up in the action he is currently doing and the scene takes more chapters than he thought to complete.

It's a not uncommon thing to happen to a writer- something pops up in a particular scene that excites them and they decide to go with the creative flow, figuring something even better than they originally intended comes from it.

I won't be surprised if Naruto doesn't end up where Sakura is in 2-3 chapters. I noticed when I recently looked through part 2 volumes that Kishimoto tends to throw in a least 1 scene with Naruto and Sakura interacting per volume- unless the focus is not on Naruto during a particular arc.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#35 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:05 AM

It's Kishi's attempt to showcase growth, character development, close loose ends.

Like me and a few people mentioned, this shows Gaara's growth and how different he was from the berzerker he used to be. He went to the fight to protect his people (that, we know from the earlier Gaara rescue arc), but he fought the ex-Mizukage with a clear head, without thoughts of "Mother wants your blood" and he showed that he's still a badass without the Shikaku. This quote from Codus sums it up, "His mother became the shield, his dad became the spear." Seriously, I have no idea why people are getting bored with most of these fights. The Third Raikage was a bit dragged out, true, but I don't think it was too long. I was amused with the ex Mizukage's trollish behavior, impressed with Gaara's genius, and touched with how Kishi used his sand to symbolize Gaara dealing with both his mother's and father's death.

Hell, if Gaara keeps the gold dust imbedded in his sand, he now has reminders of both his mother and father. Parallels with Naruto having remnants of his parents, not only their last bit of chakra before they left, but Naruto has his father's dream and own technique and his mother's legacy as the Kyuub Jinchuuriki and attitude.

#36 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Sep 29 2011, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But..doesn't Oonoki already know that Naruto is the nine-tails jinchuuriki?

No, what I mean is his other identity. His heritage.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#37 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Sep 28 2011, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like me and a few people mentioned, this shows Gaara's growth and how different he was from the berzerker he used to be. He went to the fight to protect his people (that, we know from the earlier Gaara rescue arc), but he fought the ex-Mizukage with a clear head, without thoughts of "Mother wants your blood" and he showed that he's still a badass without the Shikaku. This quote from Codus sums it up, "His mother became the shield, his dad became the spear." Seriously, I have no idea why people are getting bored with most of these fights. The Third Raikage was a bit dragged out, true, but I don't think it was too long. I was amused with the ex Mizukage's trollish behavior, impressed with Gaara's genius, and touched with how Kishi used his sand to symbolize Gaara dealing with both his mother's and father's death.

I agree with the bolded. I, too, don't know why people didn't like the fight, but to each of their own. I was quite entertained with the fight between the ex-Mizukage and Gaara, especially during the time the ex-Mizukage talking about the golden egg, which is Gaara getting to prove his worth as a Kage and the whole if you can't beat me, you can't beat the rest of the enemies kind of thing. So, yep, all-in-all, a pretty good fight. Well, as usual, can't wait for the next chapter.

Edited by Anguyen92, 29 September 2011 - 04:14 AM.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#38 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (Anguyen92 @ Sep 29 2011, 05:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with the bolded. I, too, don't know why people didn't like the fight, but to each of their own.

Well, simple, difference in taste. Not everyone will find something interesting, while there are persons who enjoyed the chapter, there are others that probally were bored out of their minds. I personally didn't liked the fight as whole to be honest, simplily because it didn't appealed to me, I don't really like when a bunch of overpowered enemies appear and the main characters conveniently develop a technique to defeat them on the spur of the moment. Some of the zombies could actually win for a change of pace.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#39 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Sep 29 2011, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, simple, difference in taste. Not everyone will find something interesting, while there are persons who enjoyed the chapter, there are others that probally were bored out of their minds. I personally didn't liked the fight as whole to be honest, simplily because it didn't appealed to me, I don't really like when a bunch of overpowered enemies appear and the main characters conveniently develop a technique to defeat them on the spur of the moment. Some of the zombies could actually win for a change of pace.

Well its kinda difficult now since these are Kages and they are defeated easily. Even the former Mizukage who had a great reputation.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#40 manny123

manny123

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:06 PM

Boring chapter in my opinion. Even though Sasuke is one of my most disliked characters in this manga; I can't wait to see him because everything that has been coming out lately has been pure garbage. Respectfully IMO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users