Close
Photo

Do you like Sai or Sasuke better for team 7?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
94 replies to this topic

Poll: Who is better? (55 member(s) have cast votes)

Sai or Sasuke

1. Sai (42 votes [76.36%])

Percentage of vote: 76.36%

2. Sasuke (13 votes [23.64%])

Percentage of vote: 23.64%

Vote

#21 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:48 PM

If he went back to his old part I self it could work but I don't really see that happening headscratch.gif

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#22 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:49 PM

I choose you Sai, cause for some reason your good at bringing together Naruto and Sakura and you dont even now it.

Edited by Fyuria'sLeo, 07 December 2011 - 09:49 PM.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#23 MonkeysTotallyRock

MonkeysTotallyRock

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Eating... Sleeping... Thinking about monkeys...

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:41 AM

I'm fairly nostalgic as well, and I miss the old Naruto-Sasuke rivalry. I think Sai does a good job of bringing Team 7 back, but at its best, Sasuke was meant to be there. I miss the first season of Naruto shamefulcry0js.gif

#24 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:40 PM

Not really much competition, fund Sai to be strange at first but i've never liked Sasuke, from day one, even before his betrayal, something about him bugged me, he had the moment during the Haku battle but other than that never understood his appeal. Over the years I have come to understand his personality traits bettre, and why he travels the path he travels on, but doesn't make me like him any better.

I might be wrong but I think part of the reason is the pretty boy, don't care for anyone attitude that girls fall over themselves to be with, and the good guy gets brushed to the side...it's a part of reality that I've seen all too many times, with myself and friends and family.

iAnby7W.gif

#25 Rorek

Rorek

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:I like writing (almost anything), playing video games on my Xbox 360, listening to lots of music, and wasting hours on facebook and tumblr. :D

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:18 AM

I think I like Sai better, because he is much funnier, and it seems he understand Naruto better than Sasuke can.

And he would never get in the way of Naruto and Sakura like Sasuke would. narusakuct7.gif

#26 Kyrie

Kyrie

NaruSaku <3

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:~reading and writing stories, watching television. listening to music, playing PC games, game boy and other game consoles and day dreaming!~<br /><br />Anime Addict!<br /><br />NejiTen, NaruSaku, ShikaIno, SasuTen, SasuHina shipper^^ <br /><br />Kakashi-sensei is mine! Nyahahahaha =P

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:43 AM

Can it be both?
But for voting purposes.. Sasuke. I like Sai. But I like team 7 better with Sasuke.

utter cuteness! --Click here to view--

I love God. <3

#27 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:51 AM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Dec 14 2011, 07:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not really much competition, fund Sai to be strange at first but i've never liked Sasuke, from day one, even before his betrayal, something about him bugged me, he had the moment during the Haku battle but other than that never understood his appeal. Over the years I have come to understand his personality traits bettre, and why he travels the path he travels on, but doesn't make me like him any better.

I might be wrong but I think part of the reason is the pretty boy, don't care for anyone attitude that girls fall over themselves to be with, and the good guy gets brushed to the side...it's a part of reality that I've seen all too many times, with myself and friends and family.

Oh. Wasn't just me then. smile.gif I don't like him for any reason except for the fact he's the rival.besides that I don't care really

Edited by Phantom_999, 24 February 2012 - 01:52 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#28 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:48 AM

did i already say? :o

well i like both of them biggrin.gif

but i want the old team 7 back XD

naruto and sasuke complaining was funny smile.gif

though with sai it seems more like sakura is included instead of just sasuke and naruto......fighting XD

so.......i guess i want team 7 plus sai >:D

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#29 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:39 AM

Sai by a mile.

At the beginning of Part I, Sasuke was not so bad. Yes, he was proud and cocky but he was not rubbing it on everybody else noses all the time (as much as I can remember). He was more concerned about having the work done, and he was a quiet person only wanted minding in his own bussiness and being left alone.

But you could tell early on that boy was not mentally sound. The way he told he had no likes, dislikes or dreams other than killing someone was seriously disturbing.

And even though he slowly warmed up to his teammates, his disturbing, creepy side was the one won at the end. He chose treading a dark path, betraying this teammates and hurting them. And he has ALWAYS done that. Every time it looks like if his humanity is getting back, he finally chooses his darker side.

On the other hand, Sai started by being more obnoxiously irritating than Sasuke was when he was trying fitting in the newly created Team 7, but unlike Sasuke he warmed up to his new friends, and enstrengthtened their bonds instead of severing them and tried helping them with their troubles.

So... Sasuke ruined forever the team 7 dynamics long ago -I ignore why they were so used in pairing debates like if they mattered at all-, whereas Sai improved them. Early Team 7 was funnier than Team Kakashi, but that team died long, long ago, and Sai has been a better teammate than Sasuke ever was.

Edit:

I'd like Sasuke to be incarcerated for the rest of his life, and never join another team ever again, if he somehow manages to live.

Heh. Funny.

But seriously, I would preffer Team 7/Kakashi was a TWO-PERSON team. I find the dynamics between Naruto and Sakura funnier without a third wheel.

It reminds me of when I still watched Pokemon (back in ancient times). In the second season, Brock went away, leaving Ash and Misty alone for a short while. Even though I liked the original trio, I liked those few episodes where Ash and Misty were alone, with nobody meddling between them. However, Brock was replaced by Tracy shortly after, and the new guy was less funny and less charismatic than Brock, and I did not like very much. Later, Brock returned... but it just was not the same thing (and I stopped watchig Pokemon shortly after).

Edited by Jenskott, 27 February 2012 - 09:48 AM.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#30 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:14 PM

u just can't compare them. ermm.gif
It was really sad that just after Sasuke began to develop a real teambond he got overwhelmed by the hate of his childhood.
But "the old times" are gone, Sasuke is completly diffrent now ... I don't think a classical "reunion" is possible for them.

I choose Sai because he reached a point in this Team (true Friendship) wich Sasuke wasn't able to.
"We live in a world that is so quick to convince us to ignore our feelings. Feeling stressed? Get a massage. Feeling angry? Go to the bar with your friends and blow off steam. Feeling lonely? Meet someone in cyberspace and have a conversation on the computer. Depressed? Take a pill. Anxiety? Take 2 pills. Feeling happy? Well, by George, don’t talk about that because no one likes a bragger. Same with being sad, no one likes a Debbie Downer. But, heaven FORBID, that you actually TALK about your feelings and process them in a healthy way."

- Amy Cassidy

#31 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:31 PM

I like Sai most as a member of Team Kakashi because he has really grown from being around Naruto and Sakura from just being Danzo's puppet to being who he was when Shin was alive. Mostly, Sasuke's character has taken an incredible twisted path, yet I feel sorry for him in the long run by letting others guide him to doing things even if he claims he's using them.

#32 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:06 PM

I never enjoyed Sasuke being a part of team 7. When Sai came into the picture his fashion sense threw me off, but I did enjoy his character, especially his early relationship with Naruto heheelq7.png I enjoy Sai so much more, he's now one of my favorite characters. It was amazing to see someone that had no emotion learn to make friends and become a valuable member to his team. Sasuke couldn't even do that, and all he did was burn his bonds instead of making them stronger. So for me personally Sai will stay in team 7 and Sasuke will die hopefully.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#33 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:59 PM

I prefer Sai mainly because he's not a self-absorbed jackass like Sasuke. :True:

Edited by K9ofChaos, 27 February 2012 - 05:00 PM.

#34 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ Feb 27 2012, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I prefer Sai mainly because he's not a self-absorbed jackass like Sasuke. :True:

It's funny because that can't be considered bashing, considering that it's very provable. laugh.gif

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#35 dokueki(venom)

dokueki(venom)

Winnie_Kay

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:01 PM

I like Sai because he actually communicates with both Naruto and Sakura and I think he actually has respect for Captain Yamuto and Kakashi. I like Sai also because he is relearning emotion through Naruto and Sakura while Sasuke lets his to a darker path.

#36 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Feb 27 2012, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's funny because that can't be considered bashing, considering that it's very provable. laugh.gif

actually it can be considered bashing sleep.gif

i happen to like sasuke.

#37 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Feb 28 2012, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
actually it can be considered bashing sleep.gif

i happen to like sasuke.

Whether you like him or not, you can't deny that Sasuke was and is a jerk.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#38 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Feb 28 2012, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QFT

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#39 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:00 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Feb 29 2012, 02:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

he can indeed be a jerk but no need to add the cussing.

i like sasuke and i dont like him being bashed. (though i understand hes a villain)

i came here cause i got tired of people bashing sakura everywhere else. sasuke doesnt need so much hate.

#40 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:17 AM

As a person, Sai is better, but as a teammate of Sakura and Naruto, I prefer Sasuke.

To me, if the teammate of Kakashi, Naruto, and Sakura is going to end up being Sai, I prefer Kishi didn't introduce him to the manga at all.
It's Sasuke or nobody.

I know Sasuke betrayed Sakura and Naruto, but in part one he genuinely cared for those two. It's that Sasuke, I want back. The Sasuke who protected Naruto from Haku's attack, and who cheered Sakura in his roundabout way on her genjutsu skills when she was feeling down.

If I can have that team 7 back, I wouldn't ask for anything more. I wouldn't mind if NaruSaku doesn't happen. As long as the three are together for ever. As long as there is no NaruHina or SasuSaku.
268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users