Close
Photo

NaruSaku replacements?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 04:41 PM

Another thought along the same lines as Nami's suggestion are Ranma and Akane from Ranma 1/2. Since the two of them argue a lot, they have lots of hiccups in the road, but their love is pure like how we all KNOW NaruSaku's is!

#22 ioria

ioria

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 04:43 PM

GTO - Eikichi Onizuka and Fuyutsuki Azusa.

I approve of this!

14670g.jpg

#23 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 04:58 PM

Seriously, you young'uns have never heard of KenshinxKaoru??

Kenshin x tomoe(?) is the best, lol jk. It's a great historical romance manga.
But I prefer the anime somehow.

#24 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 04:59 PM

I approve of this!

Sadly, they didn't become canon.

#25 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:19 AM

Sadly, they didn't become canon.

They sort of 'did' in the movie adaptation. Even the actor and the actress are married in the real life.

Anyways, only one of the pairings I mentioned was depicted as canon. That's the beauty of it;)

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#26 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:30 AM

I'll give you an older TV show, Dawson's creek, It had the (Dawson) perfect boy (in the girls eyes) who she loved since she was a kid, and the loser who was the (Pacey) frienemy. the show had always been planned as D/J but everytime they tried it never worked out, but P/J something they never planned just had so much chemister, she was the Grade A studen daughter of a convinct, (quite a bit like Sakura) and Pacey was the black sheep who was the youngest from a family of five, so was usually forgotten so played pranks and misbehaved to get attention. (A bit like Naruto.) And they both always argued and had great banter.

So P/J happened, then they broke up, and when the season finally ended we got a two hour special, five years in the future, us P/J fans didn't have high hopes, but shockingly our pairing won, because it made the most sense, it had the most development and just worked.

As for Manga/Anime All I can think of FMA, and if they ever make more seasons, The Devil is a part timer is another good one. there is Yahari Snafu which is a bit similar and is getting a second season. I'm not sure about how it will end but Toaru Majitsu no Index, Mikoto and Touma's relationship is kinda similar, but non of them have ended so it might not end like that.

It's hard to pick manga's or animes with the right ending because so many end with open endings, are based on Manga but never get o complete the story, or the main charactor doesn't end up with the best girl because reasons or what I've found Japanese Mangaka suck at telling love stories, it's either a Harem, a dumb ending where they'll force the first girl the MC meets together at the end no matter how much it makes no sense, or it gets cancelled and the end makes no sense.

iAnby7W.gif

#27 starlitestarbrite

starlitestarbrite

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 02:46 AM

its been ALOOONG time since i watched pokemon lol. i don't keep up anymore, i guess ash, and misty just bring back nostalgic memories for some. i did watch some of diamond and pearl on youtube. but, i haven't seen the serena/ash ones yet.

is she a tsundere like sakura is to naruto? lol. i gotta catch up on pokemon, and digimon. there never will be a replacement for NS...i believe it'll always be in our hearts the "what could have been" in every fanfiction, and the inspiration in every fanart.

but, my closest similar NS pair would be keitaro urishima, and naru narusegawa. naru[sakura], keitaro[naruto] end up being the canon pair.

Edited by starlitestarbrite, 25 November 2014 - 02:48 AM.

#28 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:34 AM

There is always Hey Arnold. You may laugh but Helga actually has a really well developed reason for loving the football head, and by the final episodes Arnold knows how Helga feels and they both are flirting with each other. Plus Craig Bartlett has confirmed that they are married together now. It's a much more interesting love story then anything found in Kishimoto's canon work.

#29 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:54 AM

thats easy for me hiccup and astrid from the httyd franchise

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#30 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:03 AM

i also like wall e and eve  he is her directive

#31 Nami

Nami

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:44 AM

its been ALOOONG time since i watched pokemon lol. i don't keep up anymore, i guess ash, and misty just bring back nostalgic memories for some. 

Aww I loved those two!

#32 only Naruto

only Naruto

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:17 AM

shiro  and rin from the second rout of fate stay night.     

okabe and  cruis  from the steins gate . 

#33 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:53 PM

i also like starmora from gotg  to bad we have to wait till 2017 for the sequel and thats gonna be a big movie year cuz toy story 4 and httyd3 come out a month after gotg 2 does

#34 Kleine Weiss

Kleine Weiss

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Theatre, Music (classical, JPOP, cinematic), Dogs, Sketching, Worldbuilding, Art & Graphic Design

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:22 AM

You could try Nurarihyon no Mago (Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan), another WSJ manga that ended in December 2012. It's a fun read. NuraMago is about Nura Rikuo, grandson of the Supreme Commander of the Nura Clan, he's a part human quarter yokai who is trying to escape his fate is to become the Third Head. He's human by the day and transforms into his yokai form at night. He soon realizes that he cannot escape his fate and comes to accept his yokai blood but then he must gather his own Hyakki Yako first, and establish allies. A story about camaraderie, leadership and overcoming obstacles to become a worthy leader. 

Pairing?

If you want to be spoiled

My OTP second only to NS. Really, the romance aspect in this manga was well written (shame on you Kishi). Perhaps one of the best written out there for an action oriented manga. Want me to tell you about the tragic romance between the 2nd head, Rikuo's father and his first yokai wife? Prepare tissues.

Sadly it got axed, probably because of low ratings, and was moved from Weekly Shounen Jump to Jump NEXT. But even so it managed to give a good ending coupled with extra omake chapters that answered loose ends. Really Kishi.

Tl;dr? logical pair happens in the end, romance aspect was a hundred times better than Naruto, main character obtained all his goals in the end. Too bad Naruto was selling like hotcakes, but this series had its moments.

Edited by Kleine Weiss, 27 November 2014 - 05:24 AM.

Tobirama goes to McDonalds

by HeathenCryX on deviantART

2-versions_zpsqxuemqx4.gif

and some NS with Kishi being a kitten inspired by it.

#35 Elicit

Elicit

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:Mainly Video Games (mostly RPGs/Platformers/retro stuff), Music, Anime/Manga, Debating

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:38 AM

These suggestions are pretty interesting... I've already started to read one of the manga suggested here, and found a nice pairing.  

Some of the pairings suggested I already know of though, like Inuyasha and Kagome, and Helga and Arnold.

Seriously, you guys are awesome.

#36 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 01:03 PM

I totally forgot this, but check out Full Metal Panic. The pairing is SousukexChidori. Trust me, this is a pairing you won't forget. After you watch The Second Raid (sequel), read the FMP! Sigma manga. 'Cause the anime left it hanging.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#37 nikki1314

nikki1314

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Interests:NARUSAKU , FANFICS , NARUSAK.. oh ive said that.. MUSIC , Photography and NARUSAKU!

Posted 28 November 2014 - 11:06 AM

i stumbled upon Suzuka.

its basically a track and field type anime / manga , but i can strongly see narusaku and think that this is how kishi should have written the pairings

-Naruto ending gets released- 

Kishi: Honey, I’m home! 

His wife:

tumblr_inline_nw89a6rhAY1smwzjq_500.gif

#38 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:51 AM

I don't understand how you can saw Hunger Games is anything like NS. Aside from the fact that there is a love triangle, I would have hated NS to turn out the way Hunger Games does. The resolution is atrocious.

#39 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:03 AM

everyone see's stuff differently i actually saw mocking jay part 1 yesterday and really enjoyed it as for the love triangle i just see katniss and gale like brother and sister where her and peeta there's alot more

#40 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:04 AM

everyone see's stuff differently i actually saw mocking jay part 1 yesterday and really enjoyed it as for the love triangle i just see katniss and gale like brother and sister where her and peeta there's alot more

Have you read the books? If not, you may have a different take on the relationships.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users