201 replies to this topic

#21 dragonflyx11

dragonflyx11

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:20 PM

the few people who said that karin may comment on narutos chakra were right. i loved how sakura smiled at the peaceful naruto but i feel a confrontation is gonna be comin up over what naruto is hiding

#22 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:30 PM

About the tv thing...weren't there tv's shown during the chuunin exam?

But I actually liked this chapter, which is nice for a change XD Naruto was acting cute again, Sakura seemed a little better (loved the caring look she gave Naruto, Kakashi's too), and I'm relieved Tsunade woke up. I actually thought hokage title didn't suit Kakashi's style anyways, haha XD I love seeing the closeness of the rookies too. Sasuke, in contrast, is just nuts. Taking Itachi's eyes is so disrespectful to him...ugh.

Now I wonder what Naruto saw that made he believe he couldn't defeat Sasuke just then? Sakura seems to wonder that too, so maybe she will get to the bottom of it. Ohh, I want to see a Naruto and Sakura reunion with Tsunade wow.png

#23 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Mar 24 2010, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Sai was being "sarcastic".

You haven't noticed the powerlines, gas propane tank beside Ichiraku's restaurant, and light bulbs in homes and other places, so it was no surprise to me that they had TV as well. happy.gif

It's possible, but I doubt it. Sai doesn't seem to understand human interaction enough to understand how to use sarcasm.

And believe me, I've noticed the random technology sprinkled about. And I've noticed it because it's horribly out of place. If you can make televisions and powerlines, you can make guns. There shouldn't be any reason for ninja if they have modern day tech.

#24 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:39 PM

Yeah, as hard-working Kakashi can be, he'd stick around his Icha Icha book's... That's Kakasha for ya. 111189.gif

My Ramon is almost done, sorry this chapter also reminded me my mom bought Ramon xD I love the stuff.

I bet as soon as Naruto is about to scarf down a bowl or finish them someones gonna be "Tsunades awake, wooh!" num num num.
Wonder what'll happen now with Naruto and Sakura, they seem to be gettin' closer and closer now the confession and now that Naruto's "burden" is partically lifted he doesn't have to chase Sasuke after all, now it's the exact opposite, Sasuke is gonna go after Naruto.

#25 firegirl

firegirl

im a ghost

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Interests:narusaku, politics, debating, wrtiting art

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:51 PM

? was it kakashi that thought naruto looks peaceful like he was free from a heavy BURDEN?

if its true...damn i wish it was sakura..

still love her smile..

#26 Mugen no Neko

Mugen no Neko

♥ ~ Dreaming

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:59 PM

I hereby dub Wind Daimyou -- Buddha Daimyou laugh.gif

"Kiba, seriously, quit whining!' 'You've been whining since this whole Sasuke thing started, Naruto!" Lulz, the last few weeks the characters have been saying exactly what I've been thinkin... 111189.gif

"You're gonna fight Sasuke alone? And you think all of us are just gonna stand here and let you?" fu.png Was that TenTen? For realz?

boogie.gif The rookies are so awesome. Sasuke is just... ermm.gif ... well, I never see him fitting in there again not that he really did before, much to my sadness... the fact that he took Itachi's eyes is just... he can die now for all I care, really. yucky.gif

I'm so glad Tsunade is awake! Surely we'll get to know about Naruto's past from her, and other great things...
meh.

#27 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:00 AM

wow.png Sometimes Kishimoto gives more KakaNaru then NaruSaku xD lmao.

Sakura was probably agreeing with Kakashi :] mm. Naruto is the cutest thing when he sleeps.

#28 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:12 AM

Anyone notice that Kishi seems to have draw Hinata poorly with each panel? huh.gif in the three panels she appeared she looks so small not to mention she didn't said a word to the conversation. I'm beginning to think that Kishi probably put her there with the purpose to have all of the rookies present that's all. But the chapter was awesome the best thing was Tsunade waking up truly epic I really want to know what happens next chapter. I'm sure Sakura and Tsunade will talked about her confession and she will give her some advice. On another note I love how Tenten said they weren't going to let Naruto face Sasuke alone.....Naru/Ten heheelq7.png

Edited by Gravenimage, 25 March 2010 - 12:23 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#29 Recompense

Recompense

Shameful Member of the YEAR!!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:12 AM

Good god, one of the good guys has to die sometime. Otherwise, there's no sense of danger at any point! I mean, what's the worst thing that's happened in present without a flashback? Sure, they've all had the kitten beat out of em, but other than that there's been no real loss of life.

Other than my frustration at Tsunade being alive, it was a decent chapter. Nice to see all of the Teams gathered and having a talk, short though it may have been.
I'm just sitting here. Wondering what it'd be like To be with you.

#30 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:18 AM

... Hinata was in this chapter? Man, I didn't even notice. I... actually feel bad about that. I like Hinata. sad.gif

#31 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:21 AM

'Kay, nice to know you hate Tsunades alive xD...
Sakura hasn't learned everything she needs to learn from Tsunade; Tsunade should give a slug summon thing like Naruto got from Jiraiya (Expect Toads)

Wonder when Kisame/Kabutomaru are gonna come into play. And uh, where the hell is Yamato?! 111189.gif They left him!

#32 dfammer

dfammer

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:21 AM

Great chapter:theory about what karin saw in Naruto's and Sasuke's chalkra each one has a half of the fox...Madara is pushing Sasuke to fight Naruto so the two halves of the fox will be in one place and he can capture it.
It is funny that Hinata's panals she seems to be fading away,I don't know if that is intensional but it is interesting.

#33 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Mar 24 2010, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... Hinata was in this chapter? Man, I didn't even notice. I... actually feel bad about that. I like Hinata. sad.gif

Me too I like her I think she has a lot of potential but we all know "how much rolleyes.gif" Kishi focus on secondary characters in his manga contrary to the main characters.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#34 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:25 AM

Not a bad chapter, found the thought of Karin very intereting, She thought the Dark evil Chakra within Naruto was just like...Obviously Sasuke, and we can say this dark Chakra is the Kyuubi, so this is big hint that most people already thought, and that's the power of the Sharingan is something that originally from the 10 tails, and is why to unlock more of it's power you have to give up more of your humanity.

*Facepalms* So according to Naruto he is not as strong as Sasuke yet, and Sasuke like has become the norm has got another major power boost, meaning that Naruto has to get another major training arc to get back to his level....It's great that Naruto gets these training sessions but it's getting a bit redundant. Naruto goes on mission comes across a Ninja who is stronger than him, goes off to train, wins against Ninja strong Ninja, then again comes accross Ninja stronger than himthen goes off to train, and comes back and defeats an even stronger Ninja. So this would suggest Naruto goes off to train, will probably come back when Kabutomaru will attack and he'll get himself a nice new snake skin wallet, and we'll see Sasuke and see him get freebie power-ups and Naruto will need another training trip. If you look it this cycle been going on right from the beginning.

I liked the chapter, was nice to see some of the old light hearted humour that the show was famous for, but did seem more forced and not as free flowing, I guess Kishi's been writing serious stuff for so long he's a bit out of practice, And the person who translated Sakura's reaction to just collapsing as a kittenslap, need a kittenslap themselves. Kiba and Akimaru looked too cute, any closer though and it probably would have been disturbing.

Yatta!!! Tsunade's back and she's recovered quite well it seems. Maybe we'll see Tsunade meeting with the Kages. (Though I just want to see Mei and Tsunade meet, think it would be amusing somehow.) wonder what her reaction will be about the Kages hoping to keep Naruto away from the frontlines? She's probably the most protective of him, but she also has more faith in him than most as well. She trusted him to retreive Sasuke, to Save Gaara, Fight Kakuzo and to defeat Pain. She's given him more A+-rank mission than any Genin should get.

QUOTE (Recompense @ Mar 25 2010, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good god, one of the good guys has to die sometime. Otherwise, there's no sense of danger at any point! I mean, what's the worst thing that's happened in present without a flashback? Sure, they've all had the kitten beat out of em, but other than that there's been no real loss of life.

Other than my frustration at Tsunade being alive, it was a decent chapter. Nice to see all of the Teams gathered and having a talk, short though it may have been.

Okay, you do know there was never any chance that Tsunade would not recover right? She was in a Coma due to extreme Chakra depletion, and she had her two priced students there to help her recover, the chances of Tsunade dying was zero percent, can understand, your frustration at Kakashi, Hinata or Shizune being alive but Tsunade was highly unlikely. Besides if you want to talk about good guys dying, did you forget Jiaraya? or how about Itachi? Those two were the biggest hero's still alive, Then Asuma died a little before that so good guys do die on occasion.

Edited by harry4e, 25 March 2010 - 12:33 AM.

iAnby7W.gif

#35 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:47 AM

That fond smile --Click here to view--

weve seen it before --Click here to view--

hmm a pattern?
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#36 dfammer

dfammer

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:53 AM

A picture is worth a thousand words wub.gif

#37 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Mar 24 2010, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmm a pattern?

Holy crap catsi-chan you're right it matches the same fond smile I think you're right there could be a pattern, Kishi must be well aware of it.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#38 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:07 AM

I think they smile seems a lot. Like Catsi pointed-out. Whenever she's admiring him (I think) she does that smile, and I'm sure Kishimoto dies it intentionally.
Oh, in all god honesty I didn't see Hinata at all. Oh well :]

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Mar 25 2010, 12:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmm a pattern?

*inspiration to make new sig* wow.png

#39 Guest_SS3 Goku_*

Guest_SS3 Goku_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:08 AM

not bad im happy with it xD

#40 JG111580

JG111580

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:01 AM

I liked this chapter. I think it really set up the next set of major revelations to occur in the manga.

Tsunade is awake and can tell Naruto about his past. She could also tell hiim about the 1st Hokage, seeing as how she is his grandaughter. Maybe she even knows how he defeated Madara. She also has access to the most top secret documents regarding the history of the Leaf Villiage. Finally, she may impart wisdom to Sakura regarding Sauske and Naruto.

Kakashi is now free to train Naruto again. Kakashi has seen both Itachi and Sauske's abitilities and may come up with a strategy. He also has seen both Madara and the 4th Hokage's space/time ninjutsu. Is this something that Naruto will try to master with his ability to train quickly and more knowledge of his heritage?

Karin has made an observation about Naruto's chakra. Is it to compare it to Sauske's charkra? Could he have the other half of the demon fox sealed within him? I find this somewhat plausible if you look at how the 4th made his decision to seal the chakra in his own son. It was because he felt his son would be talented enough to use it. Now what other infant in the villiage at that time would fit the bill. Perhaps the younger brother of the extrely talented young Itachi, born into the clan possessing the Sharingan and the ability to control the tailed beasts. Or maybe it is a complete red herring and Karin is making comparing Naruto to Killer Bee. It will be interesting to see which way it goes.

I really am not sure of what Naruto intends to do in his final confrontation with Sauske. He obviously noticed something in their brief encounter to indicate that he is still inferior.

Things Naruto could have noticed:
Sauske's vision was failing
Sauske's chakra levels were very low
Naruto understands that Sauske will attain even greater power before their final confrontation
Sauske did not use genjutsu, Naruto's biggest weakness

I wonder if Naruto intends to use a point blank rasen shuriken to take both himself and Sauske out. The right timing for him to ell everyone else would be just prior to facing Sauske and in essence telling them all goodbye.

Will Tsunade and/or Sakura face Katutomaru? Tsunade knows both medical ninjutsu and Orochimaru better than anyone in that world. She is probably the best candidate to confront him.

Very interesting....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users