34 replies to this topic

#21 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:24 PM

Besides the fact that Sakura should've been the mother? Bolt is just being the next Naruto accept he isn't without a family so it seems more like teen rebellion, even though that isn't the case. Naruto being a neglectful father even  though he of ALL PEOPLE should know what it's like to not to have your father around, or parents in general for that matter. And if Bolt really feels that way I don't understand why Hinata is not doing any thing to comfort him. Or  his sister for that matter? (speaking of Himawari I don't feel Naruto's face fits black hair or a typical japanese name to be honest) Why must the spin off be about Naruto jr. having the same problems as his father even though there's no reason to, and for all the crap Naruto went through You'd think he'd be closer to his children.

Edited by Phantom_999, 21 January 2015 - 06:33 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#22 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:05 AM

I don't like the NH/SS kids but I do like the fact that Kikitten gave Sasuke a daughter. Maybe she'll be a daddy's girl and also looks like she has more potential than Himawari or whatever the hell that Hinata-lookalike is named. You know...some father-daughter focus to combat the massive sexism this crap series contains.
Bolt just looks like some generic hero's son who will become a Naruto clone. The worst part is that Hinata's his mother of course.

#23 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:19 PM

I don't like the NH/SS kids but I do like the fact that Kishit gave Sasuke a daughter. Maybe she'll be a daddy's girl and also looks like she has more potential than Himawari or whatever the hell that Hinata-lookalike is named. You know...some father-daughter focus to combat the massive sexism this crap series contains.
Bolt just looks like some generic hero's son who will become a Naruto clone. The worst part is that Hinata's his mother of course.

Yes, there is decent story material there in making Sasuke have a daughter. She could be sweet or fierce. She could be a prodigy at the sharingan or she could be average, full of hope and detemination, yet always falling just short. She could even turn out like Naruto, not able to make friends easily, always making mistakes, always last in class — the opposite of Naruto. This would force Sasuke to come out of his shell and change himself and his views from being a child-prodigy that everything comes easily to being a father who is able to help in any way. Otherwise he would face turning into his own father. 

However, with Naruto's kids...there's just nothing. The son's a whiny, spoiled brat, with no good reason to have such a big chip on his shoulder at such a young age, and the daughter is a sweet mother's girl type. She isn't shown to have any of Naruto's personality at all. She could be omitted, and the story would change a bit. That's the mark of a undeveloped character. 

And instead of Bolt having a compelling background/storyline, something that surprises you or challenges Naruto and the status quo in a way that piques the reader's interest, Bolt is simply a headscratcher. It doesn't make sense why he's angry. It doesn't make sense why he's sullen. And instead of being a compelling character, he just comes off as a brat. It's not hard to see he's set up as a token boy to challenge Naruto's way of living. But the thing is, that isn't the story. Naruto lived through this, and evolved to be someone who would never neglect another person. He doesn't need to be challenged and changed. 

So not only is Bolt all wrong, but Naruto is too.

A more compelling child for Naruto would be one who has the opposite childhood of Naruto's. His son would be popular and likeable, top of his class and everything would come naturally to him. Naruto would see him as being the child of the village and academy student he'd always wanted to be and was secretly jealous of in his youth. But he would also come to see the downside. As the son would grow, he would encounter the challenges and pitfalls of popularity that Naruto never faced. And the son wouldn't always make the right choice right away, which would be dismaying to Naruto. The son, wouldn't stand up for the smaller ones and may even laugh and pick on the littlest ones. His natural abilities would make him a little lazy with his training, since he didn't have to work so hard. And his ninja way wasn't very clear. He didn't have the drive to protect that his father did, because his father did such a good job of it. Naruto would have to realize that he didn't connect with his son at all (instead understanding better the aspect of being picked on and having to work from nothing), and yet he'd still have to find to support his son, and not be too hard on him, as he finds his own way.

They've changed Naruto so much in the manga, it really doesn't even matter how Bolt and Himawari tun out. Naruto's completely out of character in part 3, so it's all downhill from there.  

#24 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:04 PM

Why do I get the feeling that part 3 is going to be a romance drama than an action packed series? With Pierot in charge you never know. We know they're going to worship their goddess Hinata, in addition of showing fan service. I doubt they will ship Bolt with Sarada, if she is just like Sakura. Most likely they will pair him with an OC similar to Hinata becoming another character for fan service. That is why I don't see this new era project a success. Obviously if they come up with villians they will be so crappy. Part 3 is nothing but one big filler extravaganza with the purpose of milking more money from the franchise. I hope the series ratings hit rock bottom making Pierot to cancel it. But knowing how big the otaku population is in Japan, I doubt it.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#25 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:37 PM

/\ I agree. I don't think they will pair him with Salad. Why go for the feisty girl when she wasn't good enough the first time around. I bet it will be some fantasy sweet girl like Hinata that just satisfies a stereotype.

#26 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:37 PM

/\ I agree. I don't think they will pair him with Salad. Why go for the feisty girl when she wasn't good enough the first time around. I bet it will be some fantasy sweet girl like Hinata that just satisfies a stereotype.

You forgot Kikitten gave Salad some of Hinata's stalking traits for hell knows why. Sasuke and Sakura never hid behind poles. That might be enough to ensure Salad as Bolt's love interest.
They probably want to tell Bolt to get a girl like his mother (Hinata) which is why they gave stalking traits to Salad! Hahahaha how pathetic.

#27 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:49 PM

/\ Ugh. You're right. I hate this new generation crap. 

#28 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:53 PM

Yeah, and Kishimoto-sensei failed there with Naruto and Sakura, so why's he gonna do it with their kids? >_<

Yes, there is decent story material there in making Sasuke have a daughter. She could be sweet or fierce. She could be a prodigy at the sharingan or she could be average, full of hope and detemination, yet always falling just short. She could even turn out like Naruto, not able to make friends easily, always making mistakes, always last in class — the opposite of Naruto. This would force Sasuke to come out of his shell and change himself and his views from being a child-prodigy that everything comes easily to being a father who is able to help in any way. Otherwise he would face turning into his own father. 

However, with Naruto's kids...there's just nothing. The son's a whiny, spoiled brat, with no good reason to have such a big chip on his shoulder at such a young age, and the daughter is a sweet mother's girl type. She isn't shown to have any of Naruto's personality at all. She could be omitted, and the story would change a bit. That's the mark of a undeveloped character. 

And instead of Bolt having a compelling background/storyline, something that surprises you or challenges Naruto and the status quo in a way that piques the reader's interest, Bolt is simply a headscratcher. It doesn't make sense why he's angry. It doesn't make sense why he's sullen. And instead of being a compelling character, he just comes off as a brat. It's not hard to see he's set up as a token boy to challenge Naruto's way of living. But the thing is, that isn't the story. Naruto lived through this, and evolved to be someone who would never neglect another person. He doesn't need to be challenged and changed. 

So not only is Bolt all wrong, but Naruto is too.

A more compelling child for Naruto would be one who has the opposite childhood of Naruto's. His son would be popular and likeable, top of his class and everything would come naturally to him. Naruto would see him as being the child of the village and academy student he'd always wanted to be and was secretly jealous of in his youth. But he would also come to see the downside. As the son would grow, he would encounter the challenges and pitfalls of popularity that Naruto never faced. And the son wouldn't always make the right choice right away, which would be dismaying to Naruto. The son, wouldn't stand up for the smaller ones and may even laugh and pick on the littlest ones. His natural abilities would make him a little lazy with his training, since he didn't have to work so hard. And his ninja way wasn't very clear. He didn't have the drive to protect that his father did, because his father did such a good job of it. Naruto would have to realize that he didn't connect with his son at all (instead understanding better the aspect of being picked on and having to work from nothing), and yet he'd still have to find to support his son, and not be too hard on him, as he finds his own way.

They've changed Naruto so much in the manga, it really doesn't even matter how Bolt and Himawari tun out. Naruto's completely out of character in part 3, so it's all downhill from there.  

What also bothers me about how Bolt was done is that it feels like Hinata has contributed NOTHING to his feelings of loneliness at Naruto's negligence, and that she is unaware he feels the way he does just because she's on cloud nine she won Naruto's heart, even if she doesn't realize it wasn't because of how she would want it, and given too she was only attracted to Naruto really, given she didn't help him when he needed someone when he was a kid to be there for him.

Not to mention it feels like Naruto doesn't even understand all Bolt wants is him to spend some time with him, regardless of how simple it is, just because he thinks being Hokage is more important, as well as the fact that he doesn't seem to get it isn't about Bolt wanting him to be his dad only, it's just about wanting him to spend time with him. All in all, it feels like that the series is gonna be forever marred because of the ending and Part 3, just because Kishimoto-sensei gave up, Tricksie. :cry: It makes a guy wonder what the point is anyhow! I need a hug!

#29 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:24 PM

/\ Ugh. You're right. I hate this new generation crap. 

Me too. Whether they pair bolt with salad or not, it all feels so cheap and artificial. What exactly are they going to do to create plot and tension? The village appears to be in a time of peace. No way can bolt and salad exceed the strength of their parents. So how will that affect the ridiculous power escalation we saw between Naruto and Sasuke? Ugh. It's just so absurd. I'd rather Part 3 be some ridiculous time travel or world reset than this next generation stuff.

#30 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:13 PM

Yeah, and Kishimoto-sensei failed there with Naruto and Sakura, so why's he gonna do it with their kids? >_<

What also bothers me about how Bolt was done is that it feels like Hinata has contributed NOTHING to his feelings of loneliness at Naruto's negligence, and that she is unaware he feels the way he does just because she's on cloud nine she won Naruto's heart, even if she doesn't realize it wasn't because of how she would want it, and given too she was only attracted to Naruto really, given she didn't help him when he needed someone when he was a kid to be there for him.

Not to mention it feels like Naruto doesn't even understand all Bolt wants is him to spend some time with him, regardless of how simple it is, just because he thinks being Hokage is more important, as well as the fact that he doesn't seem to get it isn't about Bolt wanting him to be his dad only, it's just about wanting him to spend time with him. All in all, it feels like that the series is gonna be forever marred because of the ending and Part 3, just because Kishimoto-sensei gave up, Tricksie. :cry: It makes a guy wonder what the point is anyhow! I need a hug!

Yeah, love how Hinata gets a free pass on her bad parenting skills, too. Hell, we were all wrong this whole time. The manga shouldn't have been called Sasuke, it should've been called Hinata! Everything goes he way!!

Me too. Whether they pair bolt with salad or not, it all feels so cheap and artificial. What exactly are they going to do to create plot and tension? The village appears to be in a time of peace. No way can bolt and salad exceed the strength of their parents. So how will that affect the ridiculous power escalation we saw between Naruto and Sasuke? Ugh. It's just so absurd. I'd rather Part 3 be some ridiculous time travel or world reset than this next generation stuff.

You'e so right. Even a time travel series would have been more interesting than this. It's just so hopelessly bad now.

#31 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:17 PM

Yeah, love how Hinata gets a free pass on her bad parenting skills, too. Hell, we were all wrong this whole time. The manga shouldn't have been called Sasuke, it should've been called Hinata! Everything goes he way!!

You'e so right. Even a time travel series would have been more interesting than this. It's just so hopelessly bad now.

Yeah, seriously, it's annoying how Hinata got all she wanted, and didn't even have to work for it. >_<+

And seconded. I would love to see that done with it altering things. Hell, I have thoughts of wanting to see someone do something like X-Men: Days of Future Past, and erasing all that this whole mess has been, even if for one universe. 

#32 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:03 PM

All Hinata had to do was love Naruto. <3 Afterall Naruhina is known as the "Patient Love". xD Too bad the same didn't work for Naruto.

#33 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:14 PM

Aside from loving Naruto she's the "moe" character. The girl who is cute, sweet, shy and has big boobs. It was the crazy obsession of the otaku population and studio Pierot that lead Kishimoto in turning Hinata into Naruto's love interest, a main character and giving her the heroine role.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#34 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:26 PM

Aside from loving Naruto she's the "moe" character. The girl who is cute, sweet, shy and has big boobs. It was the crazy obsession of the otaku population and studio Pierot that lead Kishimoto in turning Hinata into Naruto's love interest, a main character and giving her the heroine role.

And proves Hayao Miyazaki's point of how otaku seem to ruin anime.

#35 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:13 PM

It makes me sick to my stomach. kitten you Sakura/NS haters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users