Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Gym, Martial Arts, Property

Posted 07 October 2010 - 09:17 PM

My thoughts

While most peoples' opinions of fillers are not very high, I found this one to be okay. The anime team were at least using enemies that had already been in the series (however brief that was), instead of coming up with some unseen, and otherwise generic characters to fill in the gaps. Plus, there was a time gap of at least a few months between the end of the Waves arc and the beginning of the Chunin Exams arc, so they had a time window with almost no pre-existing backstory to work with. Although these events more than likely never happened, at least the team is using the original material. Also I have to say that the team that worked on this ep were superb, I thought the animation was fantastic and really flowed (which frustrates me even more because I don't understand why animation of this quality couldn't have been used for the Naruto vs Pain battle). All in all, it was an episode that kept me watching, at the very least.

The thing to take note of with fillers guys is to not let it bother you. It's being used to give the manga time to get further ahead than it is, and while they are showing some events of the present arc, they are also using it to create some filler storylines that are suitable enough to keep viewers watching. Me, I don't mind it most of the time, I find listening to the old soundtrack quite nostalgic, even if I find Part II's is better. And for the ones who find the fillers to be intruding or altering the storyline (Alexander, etc), that's not gonna happen. The plot is going to go ahead as planned, but we just have to be patient until usual business picks back up again What I do is think of the filler as kind of like Naruto in an AU (Alternate Universe). Think of the filler and original material as seperate entities (for example like someone's fanfic). That way, I can watch the Ep without being too put off by inconsistancies with elements of the story.

Op 8 & En 15 --Click here to view--
I thought the opening was great (even if the reaction so far has been mixed), because while it didn't show many hints of upcoming events, the overall main point of this arc came through in this opening. Naruto descending slowly into his darkness and despair, but is saved by his friends and loved ones (also love the fact that Sakura was the first one to stop him from falling wub.gif) and finally reaches the surface, while Sasuke continues to descend deeper into the darkness, almost willingly so...

The ending was okay too. It's the kind of thin Naruto would do given how competitive he is, and it displayed his unorthodox, freestyle way of fighting, showing how versatile and unreadable he is, further playing on his unpredictable nature.

Edited by Quinny52, 07 October 2010 - 09:18 PM.

If there's one thing I have learned In my short time on this Earth

Devotion should be owed not earned Only you determine what you're worth

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#22 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:33 PM

Oh wait...its....filler again. The opening was kind of gayish to me and the ending was alright.

#23 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:06 AM

The new opening and ending we're too bad, but dang we've gotten be stuck in filler mode for the rest of October?

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#24 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:32 AM

I actually found this episode really enjoyable XD;; I kinda got into seeing young!Naruto fight again, and the scene of him and Inari crying like dorks was pretty cute to me. Sort of reminded me of why I fell in love with the series (and Naruto as a character) in the first place.
Still, not looking forward to the next episode since it looks like we're going back to making up random stupid plotlines and side-characters that'll never be used again.

As for the opening/ending: Loved them both.
The animation for the opening was pretty cool and worked with the song; also like Quinny pointed out: loved that Sakura was the first one to push Naruto back up wub.gif It was a little corny seeing everyone smiling and supporting him (even characters that hardly ever interact with him), but the message was sweet all the same.
The ending was so fun! It was neat seeing Naruto fighting Team Gai+Konohamaru; I was actually kinda bummed we didn't get to see him fight other teams XD

#25 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 02:50 AM

Like I said I won't watch the anime until they return with the manga storyline. dry.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#26 Michi

Michi

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 03:35 AM

First of...poor Yamato ;~;

Also, I think I just developed a crush on Inari. love.gif /coughhe'sfreakincutecough/ pictureem0.gif
& plus he is such a sweetheart for telling Sakura she is pretty. Man, I want Inari to be my boyfriend. /pout/

God, Naruto seriously needs to stop doing to Sexy Jutsu on Sasuke...we all know he is gay. fu.png /snort/

&...kitten! More fillers!? arg.gif

Op: I loved it! I really liked the song & Naruto shirtless...smexyness yummy<3
LOL sorry for being such a perv!(BTW: Love the part where Sakura is the first person to push him back on wub.gif )

ED: Catchy song. & I kinda miss Team Gai...especially Lee!

aeb83504-2ae7-426f-b3d0-4fb11dcfd84b_zps

pfeffersteak.tumblr.com

#27 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:53 AM

QUOTE (Quinny52 @ Oct 8 2010, 04:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My thoughts

I thought the opening was great (even if the reaction so far has been mixed), because while it didn't show many hints of upcoming events, the overall main point of this arc came through in this opening. Naruto descending slowly into his darkness and despair, but is saved by his friends and loved ones (also love the fact that Sakura was the first one to stop him from falling wub.gif) and finally reaches the surface, while Sasuke continues to descend deeper into the darkness, almost willingly so...

The ending was okay too. It's the kind of thin Naruto would do given how competitive he is, and it displayed his unorthodox, freestyle way of fighting, showing how versatile and unreadable he is, further playing on his unpredictable nature.

You think that's amazing?? Wait till KB starts teaching him his Kenjutsu style. He'll be a Taijutsu beast that'll give sasuke run for his money in that area.

Edited by Newkerz, 08 October 2010 - 06:06 AM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#28 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:39 AM

The opening is nothing but more Naruto/Sasuke garbage, and has no real animation to it. The song is crappy, as well.

The ending is alright, but I don't really get the point of it at this part in the story. Team Guy doesn't have anything to do with the upcoming Kage Summit Arc.

The episode itself is just the same crap the anime animators have been throwing at us since the beginning. Naruto is a moron, Sasuke is so much better than everyone else, and the story doesn't make sense and has nothing to do with anything.

Only it's worse than the Part 1 fillers, as they're trying to connect retcons to the present storyline. If there's one thing I hate more than poor writing, it's retcons that make no sense.

#29 RasenHolder

RasenHolder

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:41 PM

Ok that opening was amazing I have to say one of the best EVER Infact does anyone know the song I need to know I want to learn it on guitar cos it rocks ^^ anyway I wouldnt say its narusaku much... only a bit, she touched him first obviously the closest one to him. but maybe it maybe narusaku but I wouldnt say much... Id say this opening was about the support he has and that he knows if akatsukis after him his friends will do everything to defend him and obviously sakuras first and she'll defend him more then the others with all her might... so yeah I think thats what the opening means but ok, so onto the episode... so good T.T I miss those old days but.. I am getting a bit pissed off with another arc it makes me frustrated to say JUST GET TO THE POINT but.. I guess naruto anime cant over take the manga so.. I guess we'll have to wait... the ending with naruto hugging inari LOL LOOK AT SASUKES FACE ITS HILARIOUS, I LAUGHED OUT LOUD LITTERALLY XD! but yeah I love it how naruto and sasuke was using team work, it made me a bit sad how they like enemies now, well to sasuke narutos an enemy but to naruto a friend... but yeah nice episode nice opening. theres my thoughts. smile.gif kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

You gave me the wing's to fly.

NaruSaku.. <33

I'll bring you back.. Sasukeits a promise Of a life time..

CREDIT: zKrXita on deviantart for the amazing Gif images =]

#30 RasenHolder

RasenHolder

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Oct 8 2010, 06:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You think that's amazing?? Wait till KB starts teaching him his Kenjutsu style. He'll be a Taijutsu beast that'll give sasuke run for his money in that area.

Lol Id like to see that xD naruto just going complete kick-ass-no-jutsu on him and sending sasuke sprinting XD
You gave me the wing's to fly.

NaruSaku.. <33

I'll bring you back.. Sasukeits a promise Of a life time..

CREDIT: zKrXita on deviantart for the amazing Gif images =]

#31 soot-r

soot-r

Deva Path

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:32 PM

Fillers, fillers and more fillers......... As for the op and ending they were ok. Exactly what I was expecting from Domino, and I'm not a fan of Nico.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users