63 replies to this topic

#21 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Oct 13 2011, 12:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NH can still happen; it'd just take a lot of time, a lot of effort, and a LOT of development. It's still in the middle I'd say; it's not doing so well, but it can be built upon.

That has got to be the best pic I've seen used as a response on this site yet laugh.gif

Why is everyone jumping on me over a opinion? I never said NH can't happen, thats why I put a question up here, to ask what you all though, but thanks for trying to shift what I'm saying dry.gif

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#22 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:36 PM

They're doing this because it seems like you jumped over the shark... then jumped over several other sharks in the process.

In other words, it feels like you jumped the gun already.

It's only a definite end to the pairing when/if Sakura and Naruto get together and stay together when the manga ends.

#23 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Oct 13 2011, 12:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They're doing this because it seems like you jumped over the shark... then jumped over several other sharks in the process.

In other words, it feels like you jumped the gun already.

It's only a definite end to the pairing when/if Sakura and Naruto get together and stay together when the manga ends.

Well sorry, I just though making this would be a great topic seeing as how there were a few people already saying NH looked like it was dieing, and no, I don't think NH is dead, just saying it looks a bit more unlikely they will be a canon relationship. If I was saying it was and I was bashing on them, then the title here would be "NH IS DEAD"...

2XtVwF6.png

#24 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (NaruSaku1 @ Oct 12 2011, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why is everyone jumping on me over a opinion? I never said NH can't happen, thats why I put a question up here, to ask what you all though, but thanks for trying to shift what I'm saying dry.gif

That's the same thing any other fandom could say. The problem is you believe there is reason to even debate this when there is no proof of it. It's just like when NH or SS fans try to come up with reasons why NS could be dead.. Nothing in this chapter indicated it as the case, so I just don't understand the point and it sounds like a double standard.

Any topics that revolve around THIS PAIRING IS DEAD?! just really irk me. The story isn't over.

#25 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:47 PM

I don't call it dead its the fans and the media that keeps the pairing alive, as for Kishi I don't know. He wasn't happy the time he got the rabid NH fan mail bashing Sakura so he's probably trying to bring closure to that pairing in a very subliminal way, not wanting the reader to see it in a logical POV. But it doesn't mean he can make a friendship moment between Naruto and Hinata (it's the fans who missinterpret and make assumptions that it's a romantic moment). But I agree with everyone else that the pairing its still alive.

Edited by Gravenimage, 12 October 2011 - 11:51 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#26 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Oct 13 2011, 12:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's the same thing any other fandom could say. The problem is you believe there is reason to even debate this when there is no proof of it. It's just like when NH or SS fans try to come up with reasons why NS could be dead.. Nothing in this chapter indicated it as the case, so I just don't understand the point and it sounds like a double standard.

Any topics that revolve around THIS PAIRING IS DEAD?! just really irk me. The story isn't over.

I said its closer to ending (maybe), and your saying I agree to it ending? Or am I just reading wrong?

2XtVwF6.png

#27 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (redkunai66 @ Oct 12 2011, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
as far as i can tell- this chap has been nothing short of positive towards naruhina fanbase:

they both confirm an understanding of the other through talking about what they see when they look into the others eyes:
http://view.thespect...-... 559&page=5
http://view.thespect...-... 559&page=6

hinata knows he's real, naruto knows she's feeling down.
though naruto doesn't mention the pein deal- he says she's saved him two times, what other events could those two time be?
when has hinata ever saved him? one has to be the pein arc, the fact that kishi points it out in a panel flash back means he's trying to remind the reader of it. Not just that Hinata thinks of it- kishimoto is telling the reader to think of it as well- and all the things attached to that event- what motivated hinata to jump down infront of naruto and fight to the death. Thats what all flashbacks do, thats how the human mind thinks we naturally connect the events related to each other in our heads. You can't think about Hinata jumping infront to fight pain without the confession she made afterwards.

Expecting naruto not to think of the confession means he doesn't think anyway at all like people usually do.

so i don't know how all of this suddenly = naruhina is dead.
it doesn't, it just builds on the relationship between the two of them- they are no longer just acquaintances- they are friends one cheering up the other, and the other thanking them for it it internally.

it doesn't mean they will always be only friends, or that they will be something more than just friends in the future. These are assumptions. Even though i prefer narusaku, i'm not gonna turn a blind eye and pretend the author isn't trying to portray Naruto and Hinata's interaction as something positive. At the very least on Hinata's part- but not as much on Naruto's part.

Anyways- time will tell how kishi will keep handleing the pairings, I'm still counting on sakura saving blondy when he exhausts himself like he's bound to do. Even though he offers to fight together with everyone this chap- he's still spreading himself pretty far, and it seems inochi is the only one who can tell that right now along with a few others.

Right! They're talking about reading each other through their eyes! How intimate is that?! NaruHina definitely is not dead — now there is even a canon interaction to crow about! This is bonafide interaction that even NaruSaku doesn't have!

That being said, I don't have a doubt that it will end up Naru/Saku. Nor does this discount anything that Naruto has done for Sakura, and vice versa. But, as bolded above, I can't just sit back and ignore that Kishimoto is casting the NH relationship in a positive light to keep the pairing tension going.

Edited by tricksie, 12 October 2011 - 11:53 PM.

#28 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE (NaruSaku1 @ Oct 12 2011, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not trying to jump on you huh.gif I just said that NH still has a chance of happening, and that the pic that they posted was hilarious. That's it. I wasn't trying to bash you or anything like it in the least.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#29 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:58 PM

I'm not assuming It's dead But it's closure at least isn't it?

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Oct 12 2011, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hm.png

I am disappointed NS. Isn't it quite hypocritical to always been complaining when any other fandom tries to claim NS dead when we are doing the same back to them?

Disappoint.

Yeah but that's what happens when someone gets exited and loses reason don't let it bother you too much dear. *pats shoulder* We should just watch wat we say/type more carefully

Edited by Phantom_999, 13 October 2011 - 12:10 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#30 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Oct 12 2011, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not trying to jump on you huh.gif I just said that NH still has a chance of happening, and that the pic that they posted was hilarious. That's it. I wasn't trying to bash you or anything like it in the least.

whatever its in the past now just forget it ever happened...

Edited by NaruSaku1, 13 October 2011 - 12:15 AM.

2XtVwF6.png

#31 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Oct 12 2011, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Right! They're talking about reading each other through their eyes! How intimate is that?! NaruHina definitely is not dead — now there is even a canon interaction to crow about! This is bonafide interaction that even NaruSaku doesn't have!

That being said, I don't have a doubt that it will end up Naru/Saku. Nor does this discount anything that Naruto has done for Sakura, and vice versa. But, as bolded above, I can't just sit back and ignore that Kishimoto is casting the NH relationship in a positive light to keep the pairing tension going.

Not that intimate in this case, actually. I can understand people considering this a NH moment, but not because they "read each other through their eyes". Hinata's comment may have come across as intimate, but Naruto's didn't give off that vibe. It came across more as "You can do this, I see the determination in your eyes!". It seemed like more of something out of a pep talk and a "YOU CAHN DO EET!" than a "Your eyes are so deep, like a never-ending oasis that blahblahblahblahbarf".

AboojTi.gif

#32 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:09 AM

This thread should probably get close.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#33 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Oct 12 2011, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, it's not gonna last much longer at this rate ermm.gif I can just sense a close coming, even when all things haven't yet been discussed/addressed.

AboojTi.gif

#34 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Oct 12 2011, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not that intimate in this case, actually. I can understand people considering this a NH moment, but not because they "read each other through their eyes". Hinata's comment may have come across as intimate, but Naruto's didn't give off that vibe. It came across more as "You can do this, I see the determination in your eyes!". It seemed like more of something out of a pep talk and a "YOU CAHN DO EET!" than a "Your eyes are so deep, like a never-ending oasis that blahblahblahblahbarf".

Yes, but my point is that it's subjective. We see it as "Buck up! Don't look like that!" but to a NaruHina fan it looks entirely different. NH-ers can connect the dots and find love in there. And that's why I think it's a simple coincidence that Kishimoto chose to use the same "see it in your eyes" theme. I may be a NS fan, but I definitely see this as a NH moment. As I said in the other thread, if Kishimoto wanted to build a relationship between the two, then this is a good foundation to start from. To me, it doesn't look like closure. And, aside from the lack of blush that several people have mentioned, I see no signs of Hinata accepting his closure. She could keep on crushing/hero-worshipping for quite a while off this one.

(lol at the bold!)

#35 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Oct 12 2011, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, but my point is that it's subjective. We see it as "Buck up! Don't look like that!" but to a NaruHina fan it looks entirely different. NH-ers can connect the dots and find love in there. And that's why I think it's a simple coincidence that Kishimoto chose to use the same "see it in your eyes" theme. I may be a NS fan, but I definitely see this as a NH moment. As I said in the other thread, if Kishimoto wanted to build a relationship between the two, then this is a good foundation to start from. To me, it doesn't look like closure. And, aside from the lack of blush that several people have mentioned, I see no signs of Hinata accepting his closure. She could keep on crushing/hero-worshipping for quite a while off this one.

(lol at the bold!)

I agree especially when they are in the same panel every 200 chapters. rolleyes.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#36 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Oct 13 2011, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm alright with it being closed, but then we need a admin right?

2XtVwF6.png

#37 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Oct 12 2011, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't call it dead its the fans and the media that keeps the pairing alive, as for Kishi I don't know. He wasn't happy the time he got the rabid NH fan mail bashing Sakura .

What?? When did this happen?

#38 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:23 AM

QUOTE (sardns @ Oct 12 2011, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What?? When did this happen?

At the 2009 Jump Festa interview Kishi was telling the Japanese voice cast of shippuden of him reading letters from certain pairing bashing Sakura.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#39 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Oct 12 2011, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(lol at the bold!)

I agree with the bolded. This could potentially be a starting point, and that's a reason why it could be considered an NH moment. However, it is fairly obvious that the "eyes" thing wasn't romantically intimate on Naruto's part. Yes, it can be seen as a connection between them and romantic on Hinata's part ("HE'S NARUTO, JUST LOOK INTO HIS EYES!" rolleyes.gif sorry for the eye-roll, but I can't help but see that as incredibly cheesy), but on Naruto's part? "It's all in your eyes. Don't get so down on yourself, you're strong!"

I don't see how that could be seen as anything romantic, especially that second bolded part of it. "Don't get so down on yourself, you're strong!" Which of the following options sounds like it would most logically follow that in their current situation?:

A. Your eyes are beautiful!
B. I love you!
C. Have more faith in yourself!

The answer should be pretty evident, but I'll see what people answer just for the heck of it tongue.gif

AboojTi.gif

#40 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Oct 13 2011, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(lol at the bold!)

Take it what you will smile.gif It might be true AS LONG AS we get NS romantic moments and Naruto and Sakura become a couple and marry at the end I don't care biggrin.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 13 October 2011 - 12:29 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users